[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

10 minutes ago, greennick said:

now to change all my other dockers accordingly!

yes keep in mind whatever you have mapped for BOTH the host path AND the container path for your completed downloads MUST be the same for ALL your containers, see here:-

15 hours ago, binhex said:

take a look at the screenshot in the link below, this is how sonarr should be configured, does yours look the same?:--

https://github.com/binhex/images/blob/master/docker/config/sonarr-deluge.png

Hi binhex,

yes it looks like the example you showed. 

I am using the linuxserver.io version and there is one more option to ADD PAUSED but other than that it is the same.

I also tried all different toggle options and confirmed the password. 

But no joy.

In the deluge preferences, the WebUI plugin is not ticked, but the web login works fine. Should it be ticked?

(Sorry, at work now, can't get a screenshot)

edit: I also just upgraded to the latest unRAID OS version, maybe that did it?  (Too many changes to my system in one go without proper testing in between....)

Thanks

Roland

Edited by roland
On 21-3-2018 at 2:20 PM, Rourke said:

I still can't connect to deluge with the Thin client. I've searched and searched, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me out?

Firstly I followed this part of the official website. I added a new user (remote) to the /config/auth file:

Htrnx17.png

I checked if I could connect with it through deluge-console and if allow_remote is actually enabled:

fu3USBY.png

I also checked if the right port (58846) is open, and it is:

H59IFVF.png

But it's still not able to connect:

NzlODNb.png

I tried a couple of things here, but still no luck on this. Does it work for other people?

29 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

IIRC the default is admin@<IP>:58846

I know that’s what I’m using.

I tried all of these:

admin@<IP>:58846

admin@<domain>:58846

remote@<IP>:58846

remote@<domain>:58846

No luck. It's just that I don't know where to start troubleshooting this.

33 minutes ago, Rourke said:

Yeah I am. Although I'm running it on Ubuntu Server 16.04. 

Well, if you can connect from the local network but not from outside the local network that would indicate a problem with your router configuration. Either you aren’t forwarding the port properly or your ISP is blocking it.

On 26.03.2018 г. at 10:51 AM, binhex said:

Hi ,Thank you for your help i delete the all app data and reinstall the deluge vpn and copy the supervisord.log.I contact

Purevpn support and they said to use ,,router files.zip,, for the config.I try different locations with no success .Is it possible they are not compatible at all with Delugevpn.supervisord.log

Edited by Vesko
9 hours ago, Rourke said:

Interesting fact I think: when I try to check if port 58846 is open through this tool it says it's not open. But it says any other of my forwarded ports are open.

port 58846 is not allowed outside of your LAN, its blocked via ip tables, reason being to prevent ip leakage, so im afraid there is going to be no way to do this. so im curious, why do you want to do this?, most people interact with deluge via the web ui, which can be accessed via a normal web browser (externally or internally), or if you are running android you can use the excellent Transdroid app.

18 minutes ago, Vesko said:

Hi ,Thank you for your help i delete the all app data and reinstall the deluge vpn and copy the supervisord.log.I contact

Purevpn support and they said to use ,,router files.zip,, for the config.I try different locations with no success .Is it possible they are not compatible at all with Delugevpn.supervisord.log

not sure where you have got that ovpn file from but its not valid anymore, the endpoint defined in the ovpn file does NOT exist:-

Wed Mar 28 10:08:08 2018 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: dk1-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com:53 (Name or service not known)

attempting a ping of the hostname above confirms the hostname doesnt exist:-

xxxxxx:~ root$ ping dk1-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com
ping: cannot resolve dk1-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com: Unknown host

Just now, binhex said:

not sure where you have got that ovpn file from but its not valid anymore, the endpoint defined in the ovpn file does NOT exist:-

Wed Mar 28 10:08:08 2018 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: dk1-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com:53 (Name or service not known)

attempting a ping of the hostname above confirms the hostname doesnt exist:-

xxxxxx:~ root$ ping dk1-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com
ping: cannot resolve dk1-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com: Unknown host

I download from here https://support.purevpn.com/openvpn-files and choose linux files.

Edited by Vesko
28 minutes ago, binhex said:

port 58846 is not allowed outside of your LAN, its blocked via ip tables, reason being to prevent ip leakage, so im afraid there is going to be no way to do this. so im curious, why do you want to do this?, most people interact with deluge via the web ui, which can be accessed via a normal web browser (externally or internally), or if you are running android you can use the excellent Transdroid app.

That explains a lot. So redirecting from a different port wouldn't work either? Lets say "9724:58846"? Or would this also cause IP leakage? In that case I guess an SSH tunnel would solve it?

Through the Thin client I can configure plugins which can't be configured through the WebUI. Also in my experience the WebUI isn't stable when I get to high download speeds (15-20 MB/s) or when I have 30-40 torrents running (mostly just passive seeding, not downloading). I reckon the Thin client will give me more stability.

Edited by Rourke
1 minute ago, Rourke said:

That explains a lot. So redirecting from a different port wouldn't work either? Lets say "9724:58846"? Or would this also cause IP leakage

that wouldnt work no, it doesnt matter what port you map 58846 to on the host side its still container port 58846, which is blocked by design.

2 minutes ago, Rourke said:

I guess an SSH tunnel would solve it?

the only access permitted to port 58846 is access from an ip in the range of your defined LAN_NETWORK, so if your source ip is not in that range then you will be blocked, its as simple as that.

54 minutes ago, binhex said:

the only access permitted to port 58846 is access from an ip in the range of your defined LAN_NETWORK, so if your source ip is not in that range then you will be blocked, its as simple as that.

That is very unfortunate to hear, but a small price to pay for the privacy it offers in return. Thank you for answering my questions!

1 minute ago, Rourke said:

That is very unfortunate to hear, but a small price to pay for the privacy it offers in return. Thank you for answering my questions!

it is a tradeoff, convenience of being able to access it from anything from anywhere vs guaranteed privacy using blocking techniques. you might want to give rtorrentvpn a whirl, i have seen people posting on their who are running thousands of concurrent torrents.

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

it is a tradeoff, convenience of being able to access it from anything from anywhere vs guaranteed privacy using blocking techniques. you might want to give rtorrentvpn a whirl, i have seen people posting on their who are running thousands of concurrent torrents.

I'll definitely give that a try. Sounds interesting. :)

Edited by Rourke

Thank you for the reply, binhex.  I actually tried changing the host port for Sabnzbd to 8119 and both dockers started instantly and without issue.  For Delugevpn, do I have to change the port number to my VPN's forwarded port through the docker settings or just change both out going and incoming ports inside delugevpn?  I changed the ports inside delugevpn via preferences.  everything seems to be working correctly.

11 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Thank you for the work that you have done this docker.  The question I have is have you seen or heard of anyone using your docker with Windscribe VPN (https://windscribe.com/)?  I have been searching but not finding anything at this point.  Either my Google-fu is weak or it might not be possible to get it work that I can figure out.  

i have a feeling somebody did say they were using vpn windscribe, but hey its lost in this massive thread somewhere, and the forum software search is broken so hey, lets say probably :-). you will need the ovpn configuration file from windscribe, see the newbie guide below if your stuck on how to get going:-

iif you are still stuck then please follow the procedure below:-

5 hours ago, Otacon said:

Do I have to change the port number to my VPN's forwarded port through the docker settings or just change both out going and incoming ports inside delugevpn? 

you change it for deluge the application, leave the outgoing port alone, you only need to configure the incoming port.