[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I'm using 1.3.15_14_gb8e5ebe82-1-11. I noticed multiple error logs on start after adding plugins to deluge:

[ERROR   ] 20:18:03 pluginmanagerbase:147 Can't extract file(s) to egg cache

The following error occurred while trying to extract file(s)
to the Python egg cache:

[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/root/.cache'

The Python egg cache directory is currently set to:

/root/.cache/Python-Eggs

Perhaps your account does not have write access to this directory?
You can change the cache directory by setting the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE
environment variable to point to an accessible directory.

Can these be ignored or do I need to set the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE env? Debug level supervisord attached.

Edited by BakedPizza
removed old log
On 5/24/2018 at 4:39 AM, binhex said:

• Ensure you have any proxy settings turned off for your browser
  • Ensure you are connecting from inside your home LAN
  • Ensure your lan_network value is correct - see here - Q3 for details
  • Try clearing down all cookies on your browser
  • Try a different browser, IE, Firefox and Chrome.
  • Ensure the machine you are browsing from has any firewalls turned off
  • Try connecting to the web ui from another machine

Still not working?

• Post a screenshot of your configuration for the container
  • Post the URL you are using in your browser to attempt connection

Let me first say thank you for trying to help me with this problem. Your docker is truly one of the best things that have come along for a long time. I have attached all of the requested logs

supervisord.log   https://pastebin.com/PfcK974Q

There is nothing wrong in that log, its showing a successful start, you can try the following:-

1.  All browser on all machines have the proxy turned off Capture.thumb.PNG.2b4307cd17b10f7ebee99e0fa4bf5ba9.PNGdel.thumb.PNG.23b35c3d056fbb4c374ca4327ef0e691.PNGdel2.thumb.PNG.cc8f9ccc0a8a813a582ec9297f661c63.PNG

2.  All pc tested on are inside my network 

3. the LANis correctly set for network Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

4.  cookies where clear no changes 

5. I tired edge, chrome and firefox same problem 

6.  firewall was turn off no change still cound not reach the GUI

5. Tired it on 4 different PC the GUI still was unable to be seen 

Edited by sreed77
1 hour ago, sreed77 said:

Let me first say thank you for trying to help me with this problem. Your docker is truly one of the best things that have come along for a long time. I have attached all of the requested logs

There is nothing wrong in that log, its showing a successful start, you can try the following:-

1.  All browser on all machines have the proxy turned off Capture.thumb.PNG.2b4307cd17b10f7ebee99e0fa4bf5ba9.PNGdel.thumb.PNG.23b35c3d056fbb4c374ca4327ef0e691.PNGdel2.thumb.PNG.cc8f9ccc0a8a813a582ec9297f661c63.PNG

3. the LANis correctly set for network Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

your issue is you are using a custom bridge with a fixed ip address, this is currently untested and likely doesn't work, please switch back to the default bridge mode.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

your issue is you are using a custom bridge with a fixed ip address, this is currently untested and likely doesn't work, please switch back to the default bridge mode.

It was working until the last couple of week. I have set it back to bridge and it works. Will the option to move this to fixed IP be supported in the future

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

this is currently untested and likely doesn't work

But it does work, I've used a custom bridge with a fixed IP for a while now :) Does the provider come in to play at all? I don't think it should, but then again I'm not a network guru..  And there must be others then me got this working, for sure

5 minutes ago, strike said:

But it does work, I've used a custom bridge with a fixed IP for a while now :)

thats good to know, you're the first person who confirmed they got it working ?

5 minutes ago, strike said:

Does the provider come in to play at all?

not as far as the custom bridge/fixed ip config goes, no.

Edited by binhex
3 minutes ago, strike said:

But it does work, I've used a custom bridge with a fixed IP for a while now :) Does the provider come in to play at all? I don't think it should, but then again I'm not a network guru..  And there must be others then me got this working, for sure

I just changed back using a fixed IP as soon as I turn on the VPN it stops working. If I turn it back to a bridge it starts working fine. One side note when I have sonar on a fixed IP and I try and connect to the proxy it fails so I had to move it back to a bridge as well. Is there something messed up with my unraid docker network. I have checked all the logs and do not see any problems

3 minutes ago, strike said:

That's by design. If you want your dockers to be able to communicate with each other they either all have to be on the normal bridge or all on a custom bridge with fixed ip's. 

is there a way to set a route in unraid to allow them to talk with each other 

No, but I think you can do it on the router level. If your router supports that. I haven't tried it tho, since I got everything working fine and don't need to.

Edit: I see now that there is a routing table in the unraid network settings. Maybe you can play with that.

Edited by strike

I'm having endless troubles with binhex Deluge VPN docker, in contrast to SAB on my new unRAID setup.

SAB just works; I'll add an item through Sonarr or Radarr, it'll download to a specified directory (\\NAS\downloads\incomplete\tv) then (\\NAS\downloads\complete\tv) then it will be renamed and moved to final directory (\\NAS\media\TV Shows).

However, Deluge just won't play nicely, and consistently dumps everything in (\\NAS\downloads\complete) and nothing is ever renamed, removed and sorted, despite having the Label plugin enabled, and set to label it either tv or movies from Sonarr and Radarr respectively. It also always says Queued or Seeding, and never removes the torrents. All I want to do is have it download, rename and move and delete like it does with SAB. After I can achieve that functionality I'd add in some seeding. I've been following Spaceinvader One guides and had no troubles but this so far.

On 5/27/2018 at 3:03 AM, mcjfauser said:

I'm having endless troubles with binhex Deluge VPN docker, in contrast to SAB on my new unRAID setup.

SAB just works; I'll add an item through Sonarr or Radarr, it'll download to a specified directory (\\NAS\downloads\incomplete\tv) then (\\NAS\downloads\complete\tv) then it will be renamed and moved to final directory (\\NAS\media\TV Shows).

However, Deluge just won't play nicely, and consistently dumps everything in (\\NAS\downloads\complete) and nothing is ever renamed, removed and sorted, despite having the Label plugin enabled, and set to label it either tv or movies from Sonarr and Radarr respectively. It also always says Queued or Seeding, and never removes the torrents. All I want to do is have it download, rename and move and delete like it does with SAB. After I can achieve that functionality I'd add in some seeding. I've been following Spaceinvader One guides and had no troubles but this so far.

i would guess you have a mismatched completed downloads location, so deluge and sonarr (or radarr) are different, see below link Q9.

• Upvote 1
On 5/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, mcjfauser said:

Check that the Label plugin is still enabled. Mine will NOT stay enabled. I have asked, but nobody seems to know how to fix this.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:30 AM, sreed77 said:

I figured it the issue was being caused by my pfsense router when I added a route from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.1 it all started working with Fixed IP address and in bridge mode

• Like 1

Hi, thank you for the response.

I don't think there is anything wrong with my volume mappings (see below)

SABnzbd works perfectly and is set up exactly the same way that DelugeVPN is, however, DelugeVPN won't label, or allow for things to be renamed and moved. 

866326893_volumemappings.thumb.JPG.36474b1b04991f2f6a7a19ba6169d9b4.JPG

On 5/29/2018 at 5:35 AM, binhex said:

i would guess you have a mismatched completed downloads location, so deluge and sonarr (or radarr) are different, see below link Q9.

I now have two Label plugins that I'm messing around with, neither work, and I've checked both are on or off each time I trial a download. 

6 hours ago, RichardU said:

Check that the Label plugin is still enabled. Mine will NOT stay enabled. I have asked, but nobody seems to know how to fix this.

It's really baffling me how all these files are sitting in this perfectly mapped file downloaded with DelugeVPN, and they are not being picked up! Everything from SABnzbd is instant!

When I mouse over that little clock icon next to "The Americans (2013)" up the top left of the screenshot below, which is in Sonarr, it says "Download pending, download client is unavailable".

I can't make any sense of this. 

americans.thumb.JPG.e0bb9f4ccdf613430fb31502e1a0d45c.JPG

Here are my Deluge settings in Sonarr:

deluge.JPG.cb02d80eda11a2b6d8db95cd24de9c6a.JPG

Here are my Deluge preferences:

1774232643_delugepreferences.JPG.5a0f6cf9e7983539cf754a428b64650d.JPG

17 hours ago, RichardU said:

I don't know why you have a problem - I've been using the Label plugin for years, and it works fine.

Screenshot from 2018-05-30 18-33-41.png

On 5/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, RichardU said:

In your appdata\delugevpn folder, in core.conf, do you have something like this:

"enabled_plugins": [
    "Label"
  ], 

with label.conf containing the definition for all your label parameters?

How are your permissions ?

I'm like this:

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/cache_only/appdata# ls -l
drwxrwxr-x 10 nobody users 4096 May 31 00:00 binhex-delugevpn/

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/cache_only/appdata/binhex-delugevpn# ls -l
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users   2527 May 30 23:12 core.conf
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  11765 May 31 00:00 label.conf

On 5/29/2018 at 8:10 PM, mcjfauser said:

Here are my Deluge settings in Sonarr:

deluge.JPG.cb02d80eda11a2b6d8db95cd24de9c6a.JPG

Hi there

In you deluge settings, in sonarr, does the test button work? 

Was the torrent fetched by sonarr?

Under what label is it under in deluge?

In Sonarr->activity, do you see it?

In sonarr->system->logs do you see an entry about that file? 

I'm having a bit of an issue.  I've scoured the FAQ and this thread for the better part of 2 days trying to figure it out.  I've got it installed, and it seems to work for a bit, then not, then again for a bit, then not... it's losing its connection every so often.  I've attached the pastebin, and I noticed the following:

I don't have iptables_mangle since its a QNAP container station.

I have tried with privoxy enabled and disabled with no difference

Every minute or so I get the message that the listening interface and VPN IP are different and it wants to change them to match

It looks like it keeps restarting Openvpn

I'm at a loss - any idea how I can fix it?

https://pastebin.com/BQBdvpdW

Edited by raf7913
2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Since this is an unraid forum, maybe run it on unraid?

Thanks for the helpful comment. 

I saw this listed as the support forum for it on the docker hub and didn't see that it was platform dependent. (and I figured since he had stuff about other platforms in his FAQ, it wouldn't be a big deal either) my bad

7 hours ago, raf7913 said:

Thanks for the helpful comment. 

I saw this listed as the support forum for it on the docker hub and didn't see that it was platform dependent. (and I figured since he had stuff about other platforms in his FAQ, it wouldn't be a big deal either) my bad

You're welcome. It's not technically platform dependent, but since the vast majority of development is done on unraid or generic linux systems, troubleshooting other platforms is hit or miss. It's not like the developer (singular) has access to a bunch of different proprietary systems to work with.

It's not that big of a deal, just letting you know.

unraid has a free one month trial, if you have some spare hardware it wouldn't take long to set it up and see if the symptoms are the same, or if it's truly a platform issue. If you get the same symptoms on unraid, then tracking down the cause may be easier since the diagnostics are familiar to more people running it.