[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 8/9/2018 at 12:54 PM, MikeyP said:

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue as ecx is, again running docker on a synology

Hi guys, new user here ;)

Setup went well except for the Port Forwarding part.

I'm also experiencing this on my Synology with a fresh install.

I tried using the IP version of the OVPN files (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/what-s-the-difference-between-the-ovpn-files).

It seems to solve the DNS issue, but the supervisord.log says the server (CZ in this case, also tried Swiss) doesn't support PF.

2018-08-14 21:00:52,159 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint '89.238.186.228' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-

I'm in the process of migrating all my torrent files to the new installation so it's not an urgent issue for me, but very keen for an anwser.

If I can help in any way, shout :)

Thanks for the support!

Edit: One more thing, I'm noticing the tracker icons in deluge aren't displaying well. They seem to large to show. Seems to be related to this: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2715

Can I fix this myself?

Edited by NGDM
Found another issue
12 hours ago, NGDM said:

It seems to solve the DNS issue, but the supervisord.log says the server (CZ in this case, also tried Swiss) doesn't support PF.

yes this is because the check is done against the hostname, as you are using ip address for the remote endpoint it doesnt match and thus is marked as doesn't support port forwarding, even though technically it can do port forwarding. so ive taken a look at the code and relaxed this section a bit, so it will now warn and carry on and attempt port forwarding even if its not in the current list, this should get around this issue.

12 hours ago, NGDM said:

Edit: One more thing, I'm noticing the tracker icons in deluge aren't displaying well. They seem to large to show. Seems to be related to this: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2715

you can do the change but it wont be permanent, so ive now included python2-pillow, which according to that ticket should fix the issue.

please pull down the latest image to pick up both of these changes.

• Like 1

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick update.

Pulled the latest image and it fixed both problems.

For the icons I had to clear the icons folder under config/, restart the container and clear the website data on my browser.

The IP files work as expected too :) port gets forwarded and set in Deluge.

Until the DNS problem gets resolved, I'm happy with this solution.

Thanks again ;)

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, techymarkbo said:

I posted earlier about not getting past the password prompt. Im putting 'deluge' in but it doesnt work. It is a new install so never set a password. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Whenever I have had this problem, it seem to be browser related.  For example, when using Firefox, the "deluge" password is not accepted, but, if I access the GUI in Chrome, the password works.  You might try clearing your browser cache.

Try using the GUI in a different browser to verify the source of the issue. 

46 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Whenever I have had this problem, it seem to be browser related.  For example, when using Firefox, the "deluge" password is not accepted, but, if I access the GUI in Chrome, the password works.  You might try clearing your browser cache.

Try using the GUI in a different browser to verify the source of the issue. 

Thats what it was. Funny thing is. Just before I came back here to check for comments, I noticed that an incorrect password prompted an 'incorrect password' box. As 'deluge' did not, it just popped the box back up. My firefox browser was the culprit.

Thanks a bunch.

1 hour ago, repentharlequin said:

Updated to the latest docker image today.
It looks like the image is failing to startup and gets stuck in some retry loop.
Attached the log as a text file.

log.txt

I am having the same issues.

Deluge is no longer loading with VPN enabled.

It loads fine when you disable the VPN option.

Edited by zarz83
2 hours ago, glennv said:

Have the same problem . Stuck in some retry loop . How do i revert to an older docker image to get this working again 

edit: figured it out and reverted to previous image, which works fine. 

I got it working but only with the following PIA

2018-08-16 15:42:20,986 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver)
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
[info] ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com (Czech Republic)
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com (Spain)
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com (Switzerland)
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com (Sweden)
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com (France)
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com (Germany)
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com (Germany)
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com (Romania)
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com (Israel).

Do you mind sharing how you reverted to previous version?

Thank you

• Like 1
5 hours ago, zarz83 said:

I am having the same issues.

Deluge is no longer loading with VPN enabled.

It loads fine when you disable the VPN option.

This is a user mis-configuration issue highlighted by the latest commit, so you have STRICT_PORT_FORWARD set to 'yes', what this does is it enables code to try and get an incoming port from PIA, it will attempt to do this, if it cant get a port forward then it will retry (pia can be a bit unreliable at times and thus the need for retries). The problem you have is that PIA endpoint Netherlands no longer supports port forwarding, and as the ovpn file you are using is pointing at the Netherlands it will fail to get a port forward and thus you are stuck in the retry loop.

So how do you fix this?, two options:-

1. switch endpoint to one that does enable port forwarding (recommended solution) - if you want to do this then go here to see the current list of port forward enabled endpoints, then download the ovpn zip pack from here unzip it and place the corresponding port forward enabled endpoint ovpn file in /config/openvpn/ and restart the container.

or (do not do both options)

2. set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'no' (NOT recommended) - whilst this is an easier option to the above as you dont need to switch endpoint, it will result in you not getting an incoming port and thus your torrent downloads will be very slow, but the option is there if you want it.

@repentharlequin @glennv i would assume you have the same issue and thus the above is the solution for you too.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, binhex said:

This is a user mis-configuration issue highlighted by the latest commit, so you have STRICT_PORT_FORWARD set to 'yes', what this does is it enables code to try and get an incoming port from PIA, it will attempt to do this, if it cant get a port forward then it will retry (pia can be a bit unreliable at times and thus the need for retries). The problem you have is that PIA endpoint Netherlands no longer supports port forwarding, and as the ovpn file you are using is pointing at the Netherlands it will fail to get a port forward and thus you are stuck in the retry loop.

1. switch endpoint to one that does enable port forwarding (recommended solution) - if you want to do this then go here to see the current list of port forward enabled endpoints, then download the ovpn zip pack from here unzip it and place the corresponding port forward enabled endpoint ovpn file in /config/openvpn/ and restart the container.

2. set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'no' (NOT recommended) - whilst this is an easier option to the above as you dont need to switch endpoint, it will result in you not getting an incoming port and thus your torrent downloads will be very slow, but the option is there if you want it.

@repentharlequin @glennv i would assume you have the same issue and thus the above is the solution for you too.

Thank you good sir.

Hi, me again

I'm noticing limited download speeds on my torrents.

I max out at 3MB/s on a 25MB/s line.

My port is forwarded and open (checked on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/)

On my previous installation on the same network which had no VPN I reached the 25MB/s marker without a hitch.

Does my logfile show any weird behaviour?

I tried searching for a solution on the forum but I couldn't find a search tool for the topic itself (could this be added to the forum?)

Thanks in advance

supervisord.log

8 minutes ago, NGDM said:

I'm noticing limited download speeds on my torrents.

I max out at 3MB/s on a 25MB/s line.

Just want to confirm - your line speed is 25MBytes/sec (200Mbits/sec)?

I ask because line speeds are usually given in Mbps (Megabits/sec), whereas Deluge reports speed in MBps (MegaBytes/sec).

3MB/s download would be good an a 25Mb/s line.

1 hour ago, PeterB said:

Just want to confirm - your line speed is 25MBytes/sec (200Mbits/sec)?

I ask because line speeds are usually given in Mbps (Megabits/sec), whereas Deluge reports speed in MBps (MegaBytes/sec).

3MB/s download would be good an a 25Mb/s line.

Yup, I confirm, 200/20 (down/up) Mbps or 25/2.5 MBps.

So 24 Mbps or 3 MBps is not acceptable even through a VPN.

11 hours ago, binhex said:

I tried option 1 but it didn't work for me.  I also didn't see a variable for STRICT_PORT_FORWARD in my settings.  Is this because I have an outdated template?

EDIT: I also noticed more than one file in the /config/openvpn/ directory.  Is this an issue?  I tried removing the openvpn.ovpn file but no change.

image.png.73d00fb8ec66e0e1f3a3e2885f13fade.png

Edited by betaman

In case like me you dont want to or have no time to mess with a previously fine working config and roll back to the last working image , just use this as your repository adress in your docker settings binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_14_gb8e5ebe82-1-14

the syntax is basicaly a colon plus the tag name of the image you want, which you can get from the docker repo website. That way youcan go to any version available.

edit: not sure how it can be an endpoint issue suddenly as that would then also not work when i revert to an older version would it ? 

Will try it next week when i have more patience as happy with the previous version ;-) 

Edited by glennv
4 hours ago, NGDM said:

Yup, I confirm, 200/20 (down/up) Mbps or 25/2.5 MBps.

So 24 Mbps or 3 MBps is not acceptable even through a VPN.

Indeed, not good, then.

I see this in your log:

2018-08-16 00:07:57,053 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint '185.230.125.50' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-

So, for whatever reason, it appears that the Swiss server that you are connected to is not able to initiate port forwarding.  Try switching to another end point.