[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

9 minutes ago, PeterB said:

..in Deluge "Preferences -> Network" the top pane is 'Incoming Ports'.  If you click on the 'Test Active Port' button there, after a few seconds, you should see a green 'blob' to indicate the incoming port is contactable..

Yeah I've seen it before (when using non-web-UI client), but it isn't there now. Is it not a thing on the web-UI?

43 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

Yeah I've seen it before (when using non-web-UI client), but it isn't there now. Is it not a thing on the web-UI?

Ah, you may be correct - I don't see it in the web-ui.  That's a shame, because it must be the definitive proof of whether the port forwarding is working.

Hi, 

I just updated to unRAID 6.6.1 and cannot start Delugevpn any more? (Server Error When Trying To Start)  

I have removed the docker and reinstalled to be presented with the error below, any ideas? not sure why 58946 would be in use (rebooted twice)

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-delugevpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='*********' -e 'VPN_PASS'=**********' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.0.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,8.8.4.4' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8112:8112/tcp' -p '58846:58846/tcp' -p '58946:58946/tcp' -p '58946:58946/udp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/data':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/Deluge/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/Deluge/ready2delete/':'/ready2delete':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/Deluge/completed/':'/delugedcompleted':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-delugevpn' 

853f1506f528f771b2f301acd4be840af900d9c9fc94948eda7a38bf90e1647d
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-delugevpn (7288e143d9ec020c51a146126b85ffb0930cb6c49623f46c6d2e83046384a1b8): Error starting userland proxy: listen udp 0.0.0.0:58946: bind: address already in use.

Edited by mbc0

I am using DelugeVPN with PIA on my Synology NAS, The container is running fine and I can access it from WebUI, however I can not access it from Sonarr/Radarr, I get a timeout error. When I go into the deluge WebUI Iand click preferences I am never able to enable toe WebUI, I check the box and hit apply, but when I go back in the WebUI is unchecked. Any ideas/suggestions.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:44 PM, Kokopelli13 said:

If I use both sabnzbd and deluge, is the best solution to let each connect to my VPN independently (two different connections)? In this case I would just use Privoxy on one of them and then point sonarr/radarr to that? Apologies if this has been asked before I wasn't able to find an answer

correct, just make sure your vpn provider allows more than 1 connection (pia allows 5).

• Upvote 1
On 9/29/2018 at 10:44 PM, Bigg22 said:

I am using DelugeVPN with PIA on my Synology NAS, The container is running fine and I can access it from WebUI, however I can not access it from Sonarr/Radarr, I get a timeout error. When I go into the deluge WebUI Iand click preferences I am never able to enable toe WebUI, I check the box and hit apply, but when I go back in the WebUI is unchecked. Any ideas/suggestions.

I figured it out, I was using IPVanish and it wouldn't work, however I switched to PIA and now it connects fine. Must have been a problem with the port forwarding. However now I run into the issue with Sonarr on Synology sending the torrents to transmission, they complete downloading however they never are showing as completed in Sonarr. Using a regular version of transmission without VPN and they work fine.

Edited by Bigg22
6 hours ago, Bigg22 said:

I figured it out, I was using IPVanish and it wouldn't work, however I switched to PIA and now it connects fine. Must have been a problem with the port forwarding. However now I run into the issue with Sonarr on Synology sending the torrents to transmission, they complete downloading however they never are showing as completed in Sonarr. Using a regular version of transmission without VPN and they work fine.

Are you able to run the latest docker image? I have to revert to 1.3.15_14_gb8e5ebe82-1-11 to get it working.

46 minutes ago, usernameispain said:

Back again! New question, how do I connect an remote/external deluge client to the daemon that this image runs? Where do I find what IP to use and what is the usename/pass? (Would guess that the pass I changed to in the web-UI is correct, but username is still a mystery to me.

Go to this post and scroll down to the deluge specific section.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=433613

On 9/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, PeterB said:

Ah, you may be correct - I don't see it in the web-ui.  That's a shame, because it must be the definitive proof of whether the port forwarding is working.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:07 PM, usernameispain said:

Might there be a console command? Gonna go search for such.

Ah so there we go, since jonathanm directed me to the FAQ which I should've found on my own really (ugh), I was able to access the daemon by another client. The client had the "Test Active Ports" button which told me it was all good!

On 10/1/2018 at 4:35 AM, binhex said:

wrong username and/or password for your vpn connection, from your log:-

Sat Sep 29 08:06:41 2018 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

I have changed my password with PIA, and in the settings for Deluge, and I still get:

"AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED"

Am I missing something?

11 minutes ago, RGauld said:

I have changed my password with PIA, and in the settings for Deluge, and I still get:

"AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED"

Am I missing something?

Possible. Do you have non-alpha numerics in your password? If so, try changing to a long password with letters and numbers only.

Alright I've posted here before about this and never got any responses. Up until now I was able to fix it by blowing away my docker completely and recreating everything, but it seems that doesn't even work now.

My issue is that after restarting my docker, after an undetermined amount of time it looks like the daemon just dies. It shows as offline. The logs look like this when I try to start the daemon up. 

2018-10-02 20:52:52,486 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 20:52:52 main:243 There is a deluge daemon running with this config directory!

2018-10-02 20:52:52,486 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 20:52:52 main:244 You cannot run multiple daemons with the same config directory set.

[ERROR ] 20:52:52 main:245 If you believe this is an error, you can force a start by deleting /config/deluged.pid.

So I delete deluged.pid and restart the docker and everything starts back up fine, but the issue just happens again, sometimes as quickly as 10 minutes later. 

The docker image has plenty of space, so it's not that. But I can't figure out what the issue is. It's been present on and off for more than a year now.

I've been using DelugeVPN docker with IPVanish for over a year without problems.  I tried reinstalling it today and have had no luck.  Looking at the forum briefly, I'm seeing that the VPN provider being used must allow port forwarding.  I checked online and I don't think IPVanish allows port forwarding due to their NAT firewall.  Was there a change in the docker that broke IPVanish's compatibility?  Will I have to change my VPN service if I want to continue using this docker?

4 hours ago, fonzie said:

Was there a change in the docker that broke IPVanish's compatibility?

not that im aware of, no.

4 hours ago, fonzie said:

Will I have to change my VPN service if I want to continue using this docker?

you shouldnt have to, no, HOWEVER i strongly encourage you to go with a vpn provider that allows port forwarding, recommended provider is PIA but there are others.

To debug the issue with your current provider please follow the procedure in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

Well, I went ahead and got PIA and it worked with both your DelugeVPN and rTorrentVPN dockers. Thanks

What is the reason that you strongly encouraged me to go with a provider that allows port forwarding?  What's the benefit there?
the benefit is speed without a port forward you can have no incoming port without an incoming port your speeds will always be slow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, fonzie said:

What is the reason that you strongly encouraged me to go with a provider that allows port forwarding?  What's the benefit there?

Also, without an open incoming port you will not be able to seed properly. Seeding is vital to the health of a torrent, so not seeding at all is kind of a jerk move. If you want to benefit from others bandwidth, it's nice to pay it forward and allow others to download a little from you.

Without an open port, the only uploading you can do is to a client that you connected to for the download. Nobody else can connect to you.

The lack of incoming connections is a big piece of why downloading without an open incoming port is dog slow.

• Like 1