[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 10/2/2018 at 11:56 PM, zinkpro45 said:

Alright I've posted here before about this and never got any responses. Up until now I was able to fix it by blowing away my docker completely and recreating everything, but it seems that doesn't even work now.

My issue is that after restarting my docker, after an undetermined amount of time it looks like the daemon just dies. It shows as offline. The logs look like this when I try to start the daemon up. 

2018-10-02 20:52:52,486 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 20:52:52 main:243 There is a deluge daemon running with this config directory!

2018-10-02 20:52:52,486 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 20:52:52 main:244 You cannot run multiple daemons with the same config directory set.

[ERROR ] 20:52:52 main:245 If you believe this is an error, you can force a start by deleting /config/deluged.pid.

So I delete deluged.pid and restart the docker and everything starts back up fine, but the issue just happens again, sometimes as quickly as 10 minutes later. 

The docker image has plenty of space, so it's not that. But I can't figure out what the issue is. It's been present on and off for more than a year now.

Anyone?

7 hours ago, zinkpro45 said:

Anyone?

So i spotted that cleanup of the pid file is required on crash around August and put some code in to delete the pid file if it exist before attempting to start deluge, so this should be doing this automatically for you, are you running latest or are you running a specific tagged version? (synology user?). 

As to why deluge is crashing, thats difficult to say, but thats why the pid file is not getting deleted. 

3 hours ago, binhex said:

So i spotted that cleanup of the pid file is required on crash around August and put some code in to delete the pid file if it exist before attempting to start deluge, so this should be doing this automatically for you, are you running latest or are you running a specific tagged version? (synology user?). 

As to why deluge is crashing, thats difficult to say, but thats why the pid file is not getting deleted. 

Latest version on normal (Intel, supermicro) hardware.

Not having an open incoming port and trying to download torrents on a private tracker has this "symptom". Or grabbing the torrent from "outside the vpn tunnel" on a private tracker, such as from your laptop which is not connected to the vpn tunnel and adding the torrent in delugevpn. Then the tracker sees the IP from the laptop and expects that same IP to show up when adding the torrent in delugevpn, but since deluge are connected to the vpn tunnel it sees a different IP and are not able to connect.

Edited by strike
12 minutes ago, strike said:

Not having an open incoming port and trying to download torrents on a private tracker has this "symptom". Or grabbing the torrent from "outside the vpn tunnel" on a private tracker, such as from your laptop which is not connected to the vpn tunnel and adding the torrent in delugevpn. Then the tracker sees the IP from the laptop and expects that same IP to show up when adding the torrent in delugevpn, but since deluge are connected to the vpn tunnel it sees a different IP and are not able to connect.

This is a public tracker.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:05 PM, jonathanm said:

Possible. Do you have non-alpha numerics in your password? If so, try changing to a long password with letters and numbers only.

No, there are no non-alpha numerics in my password, just consists of letters and numbers....

I still get the same error...  I would really like to get this problem fixed, as paying for a vpn service I cant use is frustrating to say the least....

I still think it has something to do with unRAID, as this docker worked before unRAID updated to version 6.6.x

supervisord.log

Hi! I have a private tracker that need my IP adress and my Port to be connectable. While my IP adresse via VPN never change, the port change at each start off deluge. Deluge is not set to random port. So, when deluge restart and a new port is assigned, the private tracker say that I'm not connectable. How to keep always the same port at each start of deluge?

P.S I'm using PIA with portforwarding

(Sorry for my english, it is not my first language)

Edited by groundos
No, there are no non-alpha numerics in my password, just consists of letters and numbers....
I still get the same error...  I would really like to get this problem fixed, as paying for a vpn service I cant use is frustrating to say the least....
I still think it has something to do with unRAID, as this docker worked before unRAID updated to version 6.6.x
supervisord.log
Ok try the following:-

Ensure you are using the correct account details, not forum login details, make sure it's the right login name.

Change your password and then change it for container to match to ensure there is no issues on the providers end.

Double check your account is still active and you have paid.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi! I have a private tracker that need my IP adress and my Port to be connectable. While my IP adresse via VPN never change, the port change at each start off deluge. Deluge is not set to random port. So, when deluge restart and a new port is assigned, the private tracker say that I'm not connectable. How to keep always the same port at each start of deluge?

P.S I'm using PIA with portforwarding

(Sorry for my english, it is not my first language)
Pia does not support static port assignment, airvpn does so you would have to switch it that's a requirement.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

Ok try the following:-

Ensure you are using the correct account details, not forum login details, make sure it's the right login name.

Change your password and then change it for container to match to ensure there is no issues on the providers end.

Double check your account is still active and you have paid.

I have done all of this...  I have triple checked all the login details, my account with PIA is active and working...

I also run Sabnzbd-vpn and I get exactly the same error, which is why I believe it to be an issue with unRAID

or the docker itself....

3 hours ago, RGauld said:

I also run Sabnzbd-vpn and I get exactly the same error, which is why I believe it to be an issue with unRAID

or the docker itself....

im sorry but there is no way this is related to unraid, and if there were issues with this container then with all respect i would expect a lot more reports than 1 (10+ million downloads of this image). i have seen this symptom before and every time its been related to login details, not sure what else i can say or suggest at this point, maybe contact the vpn provider and see if they can see anything on their end as to why you cant authenticate correctly.

4 hours ago, nekromantik said:

@binhex no ideas why some torrent trackers are timing out on this container and not on my laptop?

Ruled out firewall as all devices inc unraid go through same LAN and rules. 

are you usng a vpn on your laptop? if not you are comparing apples with pears. it could be the tracker is blocking vpn ip ranges or it could be you have no incoming port which may be causing connectivity issues, are the trackers public or private? ahh i see you said its public earlier on.

Edited by binhex
25 minutes ago, binhex said:

are you usng a vpn on your laptop? if not you are comparing apples with pears. it could be the tracker is blocking vpn ip ranges or it could be you have no incoming port which may be causing connectivity issues, are the trackers public or private?

yes I am using same VPN as container on laptop, to be 100% accurate I switched to same country as the container.

Laptop connects fine in all scenarios. 

Its a public tracker not private.

Incoming port test in deluge passes with a green dot as I have set the same port in client as well as VPN provider.

Edited by nekromantik
yes I am using same VPN as container on laptop, to be 100% accurate I switched to same country as the container.
Laptop connects fine in all scenarios. 
Its a public tracker not private.
Incoming port test in deluge passes with a green dot as I have set the same port in client as well as VPN provider.
no idea then all I can say is there are no restrictions for the VPN tunnel it is completely open for all ports and protocols outbound

21 hours ago, RGauld said:

I have done all of this...  I have triple checked all the login details, my account with PIA is active and working...

or the docker itself....

one more thing to check, are you copying and pasting the credentials or are you manually typing the credentials into the unraid web ui configuration for the docker?, if you are copying and pasting then watch out for spaces at the beginning/end of the username and/or password (encountered by other user).

23 hours ago, binhex said:

im sorry but there is no way this is related to unraid, and if there were issues with this container then with all respect i would expect a lot more reports than 1 (10+ million downloads of this image). i have seen this symptom before and every time its been related to login details, not sure what else i can say or suggest at this point, maybe contact the vpn provider and see if they can see anything on their end as to why you cant authenticate correctly.

If its not related to unRAID, then perhaps the docker image itself (current version is 18.06.1-ce), as I remember someone saying I should revert to a previous version of the docker image (not sure how to do that...).  I have a support case running with PIA to make sure it is not on their end, and I'm waiting to hear back from them...

4 hours ago, binhex said:

one more thing to check, are you copying and pasting the credentials or are you manually typing the credentials into the unraid web ui configuration for the docker?, if you are copying and pasting then watch out for spaces at the beginning/end of the username and/or password (encountered by other user).

I am not cutting and pasting (I thought of that some time ago...), I made sure to type in the login details manually...

I'm currently waiting on a support ticket with PIA to see if it's something on their end, although I can log into my

account on their website using the exact same credentials with no problems....  This issue is becoming more and

more frustrating, to say the least...  I'm hoping it has something to do with PIA at this point...

Edited by RGauld

My apologies to all who have helped me with this issue....  I finally received a response to my support ticket from PIA....

It seems that because I turned off the auto-renewal option on my account, they decided that my account was no longer

active...   I'm sorry for suggesting it was an unRAID issue, or a docker issue, as I had no idea PIA would cancel my account...

I have since informed PIA that my account is not to be cancelled, considering I paid for a 2 year subscription, and that I'd

appreciate it if they would re-enable my account....  I will let you all know what the results are as soon as they fix their error...

Help needed 

I can not get binhex-delugevpn running with pia 

i have follow all the instruction, butI all I get at that the 

This site can’t be reached and that the  refused to connect. 

I have attempted to resolve this issue for about a week

Please advise....

5 hours ago, Dsax35 said:

Help needed 

I can not get binhex-delugevpn running with pia 

i have follow all the instruction, butI all I get at that the 

This site can’t be reached and that the  refused to connect. 

I have attempted to resolve this issue for about a week

Please advise....

follow steps in url below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

So, I have been having this issue for 6+ months now. Everything seems to be working correctly except the WebUI. This is not related to the PIA endpoint as I have double and triple checked as well as switching endpoints multiple times. I am also sure that I am getting a good VPN connection because the CheckMyTorrentIp.png file is giving me a different IP from my actual IP (in the Deluge desktop app pointed to the DelugeVPN Daemon). So everything works, but when I try to load the webUI, on my local network I get a blank page. It has "Deluge: We UI 1.3.15" in the tab so the head section is at least partially loading, but the page is just white. There are just a couple of empty DIVs in the HTML. I have pitched my Docker image a couple of time and reinstalled using my saved template, no change. I've attached the supervisord log containing the last couple restarts. Like I said this issue has been ongoing for so long I don't have any idea when it last worked. I have just been getting along with the desktop deluge app, but I'd much prefer to have WebUI access. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Running UnRAID 6.6.1 with all plugins updated.

supervisord_truncated.log

Edited by eb3k
4 hours ago, eb3k said:

So, I have been having this issue for 6+ months now. Everything seems to be working correctly except the WebUI. This is not related to the PIA endpoint as I have double and triple checked as well as switching endpoints multiple times. I am also sure that I am getting a good VPN connection because the CheckMyTorrentIp.png file is giving me a different IP from my actual IP (in the Deluge desktop app pointed to the DelugeVPN Daemon). So everything works, but when I try to load the webUI, on my local network I get a blank page. It has "Deluge: We UI 1.3.15" in the tab so the head section is at least partially loading, but the page is just white. There are just a couple of empty DIVs in the HTML. I have pitched my Docker image a couple of time and reinstalled using my saved template, no change. I've attached the supervisord log containing the last couple restarts. Like I said this issue has been ongoing for so long I don't have any idea when it last worked. I have just been getting along with the desktop deluge app, but I'd much prefer to have WebUI access. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Running UnRAID 6.6.1 with all plugins updated.

supervisord_truncated.log

so yur log looks clean and that is a successful start so im not worried that its something obvious, im assuming that your lan network is defined correctly (can connect via deluge app), just incase double check this value as shown in the log:-

2018-10-11 22:21:43.576691 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

see here for how to calculate it Q3:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

so if that value is correct then i would assume its one of the following:-

1. pc firewall - try temporarily turning off any firewall running on the pc, alternatively try from another pc/tablet/phone

2. browser plugin - try running your browser in safe mode with NO plugins enabled, alternatively install another browser and try using that.

3. router/firewall blocking - take a look at any firewall/router you might have on your lan (running pfsense?) and make sure the connection isnt being blocked.

11 hours ago, binhex said:

so if that value is correct then i would assume its one of the following:-

1. pc firewall - try temporarily turning off any firewall running on the pc, alternatively try from another pc/tablet/phone

2. browser plugin - try running your browser in safe mode with NO plugins enabled, alternatively install another browser and try using that.

3. router/firewall blocking - take a look at any firewall/router you might have on your lan (running pfsense?) and make sure the connection isnt being blocked.

Binhex,

Thanks for the quick reply. I double checked the LAN_NETWORK setting. I remember having to try that a couple times when I first set up the docker.

1. I get this same result on every browser on every device. 4 Windows computers running Chrome, Firefox and Edge on each. My Android phone in Chrome. Linux with Chrome and FireFox. And a Chrome Book.

2. I have tried brand new browser installations as well as incognito mode on a few machines.

3. I only have 1 router on my network. I have not installed any firewalls, but I am sure the firmware has been updated. I couldn't pinpoint an event that triggered the loss of WebUI. One day it worked, then a few days later I went to look again and it didn't load anymore. Since then I've been trying all sorts of things on and off trying to find the solution. I suppose an update to the router could have installed something that blocks the connection, but I'm not sure how to check since I didn't knowingly install something new.

4. I've turned off all my other Dockers in case one of them is publishing something to my network that is blocking the connection.

I'm really at a loss. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. My other dockers work with it. I have your Sonarr and Radarr working seamlessly with DelugeVPN including running Privoxy. I run the desktop Deluge client on several of those machines and they work fine. VPN connection is solid. The UI page is accessible since the head and some divs load in the browser. It's like it just doesn't load the whole thing, or like the divs should have some external or JS dynamic content and they don't. I looked more at the HTML and I see a lot of JS script tags in the head section so I assume they should be loading content into the divs for display.

And just more history, On this hardware I was running the DelugeVPN docker successfully for over a year with WebUI working. Then one day it just stopped loading. And for the life of me I can't think of anything changed between it working and not.

If you have any other ideas on what I could try I'd really appreciate it. I think I'm going to try loading your non VPN version just to see if I can get the WebUI to load in a totally fresh docker without my template and no VPN to potently cause any issues.