[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Well, The non VPN version of binhex-deluge loads the WebUI just fine. So either I Have a VPN issue, but that appears to be working, or there is a setting I have made in my template that is breaking things. Maybe it's a corrupted preference file that is being reloaded even after I ditch the Docker image file?

19 minutes ago, eb3k said:

Well, The non VPN version of binhex-deluge loads the WebUI just fine. So either I Have a VPN issue, but that appears to be working, or there is a setting I have made in my template that is breaking things. Maybe it's a corrupted preference file that is being reloaded even after I ditch the Docker image file?

SOLVED!

I installed a new instance of DelugeVPN and one file at a time I copied preference files from the new fresh install into my existing docker. Re started the docker after each and checked. Looks like web.conf was corrupted or something. Once I swapped that file the WebUI came back. Testing the files one by one I was able to revert back to all my existing settings files except that one and it looks like all my preferences are where I left them. Wow, I wish I'd thought to start comparing config files 6 months ago. Oh well. Thanks, Binhex, for your help and all your great dockers.

• Like 1

After all of the issues I've had, it would appear that PIA went ahead and cancelled my account, which was the reason that I couldn't get the docker to work properly...   After some time spent with PIA support, they finally refunded my purchase, and I decided to go with another vpn provider...  I have since re-configured all the docker containers to the new vpn provider, and they work perfectly!  My thanks to Binhex and everyone else who helped me with this problem!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RGauld said:

After all of the issues I've had, it would appear that PIA went ahead and cancelled my account, which was the reason that I couldn't get the docker to work properly...   After some time spent with PIA support, they finally refunded my purchase, and I decided to go with another vpn provider...  I have since re-configured all the docker containers to the new vpn provider, and they work perfectly!  My thanks to Binhex and everyone else who helped me with this problem!

Care to share the reason PIA used for this? I don't mean personal stuff, just wondering II f this is something others need to be concerned about.

5 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Care to share the reason PIA used for this?

Reading between the lines, I'd say it's because the account was cancelled for non-payment, and they refused to reactivate it and wanted him to sign up for a new account instead of applying the payment to the cancelled account and reactivating it. With auto-renewal off, it's on the user to make sure payment is kept up to date to keep the account active.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:53 PM, RGauld said:

It seems that because I turned off the auto-renewal option on my account, they decided that my account was no longer

active.

16 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Reading between the lines, I'd say it's because the account was cancelled for non-payment, and they refused to reactivate it and wanted him to sign up for a new account instead of applying the payment to the cancelled account and reactivating it. With auto-renewal off, it's on the user to make sure payment is kept up to date to keep the account active.

No, the account was in good standing, and had 20 months left on it...  I simply didn't want the auto-renewal on...

21 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Care to share the reason PIA used for this? I don't mean personal stuff, just wondering II f this is something others need to be concerned about.

No reason, other than I guess they thought i wanted to cancel my account...  I just dont like the auto-renewal option...  I prefer to renew manually...

6 hours ago, Lassley7 said:

I’m having trouble getting your SABnzbd vpn and deluge vpn running at the same time, it has to do with the port 8118, I have tried changing this when I do the install will pass but I can’t access the web page.. any help would be greatly appreciated 

Privoxy is running on port 8118. You'll need to remove the port mapping for that port on one of the containers. Or maybe it works if you just disable privoxy on one of them, I can't really remember. In any case, you only need privoxy running on one of the containers.

If you still have issues please enable debug logging and post the complete supervisord.log file located in your appdata folder.

And Tyler, (I'm just guessing that's your name) you should also change your PIA password asap. Mods will probably remove the screenshot as I reported your post. 

Edit: And if you're posting your log file be sure to remove your PIA username/password first.

Edited by strike
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, strike said:

Privoxy is running on port 8118. You'll need to remove the port mapping for that port on one of the containers. Or maybe it works if you just disable privoxy on one of them, I can't really remember. In any case, you only need privoxy running on one of the containers.

If you still have issues please enable debug logging and post the complete supervisord.log file located in your appdata folder.

And Tyler, (I'm just guessing that's your name) you should also change your PIA password asap. Mods will probably remove the screenshot as I reported your post. 

Edit: And if you're posting your log file be sure to remove your PIA username/password first.

I didn’t even notice this thank you! I have changed the pia password.. all good there thankfully, I was able to run one of the containers at a time, is this the only option? Is there no other port for privoxy? Would it be ideal to use it for deluge over SABnzbd? Also is there anyway to make sure the VPN is actually working? I’d feel much better if I knew it was for sure being secured. Thanks for the reply 

There's no reason you can't run both containers simultaneously, you just need to check there are no conflicting ports and that you're not exceeding the number of vpn connections that are allowed. I've never used sabnzb so I don't know which ports it's using other than the privoxy port. Regarding privoxy if you want to use that, you only need to enable it on one of the containers as I mentioned. And it doesn't matter which one it is. Privoxy is just for routing other apps/web browsers through you vpn enabled connection. And there's really no need for 2 proxies.

And from the FAQ:

Q2. How can i verify that the Torrent client is using the VPN tunnel?

A2. You can verify this by loading a custom torrent that returns the IP address that is used to connect to the tracker, instructions on how to do this shown below:-

1. Go to website http://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php

2. Click on the "Check my torrent IP" button to download the torrent

3. Open Deluge webui and add the torrent

4. Highlight the added torrent and go to the "Status" tab at the bottom left of the screen

5. The "Tracker Status" should return something like this:-

"checkmytorrentip.net: Error: Success, Your torrent client IP is: 10.156.1.1"

6. If the tunnel is correctly established then IP address should be different to the IP address from your ISP.

For sabnzb:

Q2. How can i verify that the Usenet client is using the VPN tunnel?

A2. You can verify this by downloading a public webpage inside the running Docker container which returns your public ip address, instructions on how to do this shown below:-

1. SSH into your host

2. Run the following command:-

docker exec -it <name of container> curl -L https://jsonip.com

3. The returned IP value should be different to your ISP assigned IP address

@binhex or any other clever persons

For uninteresting reasons, I need to run this Docker on a Windows machine. I installed Docker for Windows but I cannot seem to get my command line right. I'm using the default Linux containers

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 --name=DelugeVPN -v F:\Downloads\:/data -v F:\:/config -v F:\:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_USER=username -e VPN_PASS=password -e VPN_PROV=Other -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.0.1/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4 -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn

Its the drive mappings that don't work. Exerpt:

-v <path for data files>:/data \ -v <path for config files>:/config \ -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

I want my Downloads in F:\Downloads, my config files in WhoKnowsWhere?! and the Localtime???

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:402: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \\\"/host_mnt/f\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged/usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

And I am somewhat at a loss to work out where I can insert the appropriate OVPN file... was easy on unRAID - /mnt/cache/DelugeVPN or whatever!! On windows who knows!!

Anyone able to help please?

15 minutes ago, methanoid said:

For uninteresting reasons, I need to run this Docker on a Windows machine. I installed Docker for Windows but I cannot seem to get my command line right. I'm using the default Linux containers

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 --name=DelugeVPN -v F:\Downloads\:/data -v F:\:/config -v F:\:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_USER=username -e VPN_PASS=password -e VPN_PROV=Other -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.0.1/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4 -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn

-v <path for data files>:/data \ -v <path for config files>:/config \ -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

I want my Downloads in F:\Downloads, my config files in WhoKnowsWhere?! and the Localtime???

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:402: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \\\"/host_mnt/f\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged/usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

And I am somewhat at a loss to work out where I can insert the appropriate OVPN file... was easy on unRAID - /mnt/cache/DelugeVPN or whatever!! On windows who knows!!

I setup an Ubuntu VM using hyper-V.  Mounted a windows share in the VM and used that for the /data directory.  

59 minutes ago, methanoid said:

Isn't that a bit overkill? If I am gonna run a VM I might as well install Deluge etc direct in that VM?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I actually used to do just that, had a VM with deluge installed with my router configured to only allow that whole VM to connect to the internet through the VPN.  

I'm using my current UbuntuVM for more containers than just DelugeVPN, and honestly the way this container has the VPN rules set up and includes privoxy works better than what I did manually.  Also Docker for Windows sets up its own VM in hyper-v to work anyways.  

17 hours ago, methanoid said:

disclaimer - i have no experience with docker on windows.

so it looks like you need to do some setup before you can use the paths you want to use on the host, see here for a really good step by step guide on how to do this, watch out for the slashes, they need to be forward slashes not backslashes:-

https://rominirani.com/docker-on-windows-mounting-host-directories-d96f3f056a2c

17 minutes ago, binhex said:

disclaimer - i have no experience with docker on windows.

so it looks like you need to do some setup before you can use the paths you want to use on the host, see here for a really good step by step guide on how to do this, watch out for the slashes, they need to be forward slashes not backslashes:-

https://rominirani.com/docker-on-windows-mounting-host-directories-d96f3f056a2c

Thanks. I did have my slashes wrong but the issue seems to be how to map the /etc/localtime.. No idea what happens with Windows and that...   I guess I need to find another way to be able to run VPN/Privoxy where my Sonarr/Radarr/etc can access the VPN without having to run a "global" VPN that routes ALL my traffic through it...  Have to say it was all MUCH easier on the unRAID box... ;)

1 minute ago, methanoid said:

Thanks. I did have my slashes wrong but the issue seems to be how to map the /etc/localtime.. No idea what happens with Windows and that...   I guess I need to find another way to be able to run VPN/Privoxy where my Sonarr/Radarr/etc can access the VPN without having to run a "global" VPN that routes ALL my traffic through it...  Have to say it was all MUCH easier on the unRAID box... ;)

option perhaps?

but looks like you can solve this going to Hyper-V manager and setting time sync:
MobyLinuxVM > Settings > Integration Services > Time synchronization

you dont need that map to /etc/localtime that is purely there to sync time with the host, so it should start up if you dont do the sync, obviously time drift may occur.

My server crashed today, and when i restarted it DelugeVPN docker was just gone. I tried to reload the docker from Add Container > select a template > binnhex-delugevpn and i get an error message 

Error: failed to register layer: rename /var/lib/docker/image/btrfs/layerdb/tmp/write-set-892098440 /var/lib/docker/image/btrfs/layerdb/sha256/7a58580c00cb71299a3075ec8da5e0f417de5ed8d98983260b4aa8af9b99319c: file exists

1 hour ago, binhex said:

Hi Synology users in case you missed the github issue the problem with dig has now been worked around and you can now pull latest tagged image, the same is true for the other VPN docker images that I have produced.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks man!

• Like 1