[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

15 hours ago, binhex said:

do you see a file with a ovpn extension as per the warning in the log?, doesnt look like it to me, 'US East' doesnt have any extension.

Thank you @binhex @wgstarks. I didn't expect the need to add .opvn from the files unzipped from PIA's website. That worked :)

Now i'm getting strange errors in the log. Can you any provide guidance on this ? 

2018-11-01 02:22:28,178 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module tun not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-36-generic

2018-11-01 02:22:28,179 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load tun kernel module using modprobe, trying insmod...

2018-11-01 02:22:28,180 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/tun.ko: No such file or directory

2018-11-01 02:22:28,181 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load tun kernel module, assuming its dynamically loaded

2018-11-01 02:22:28,195 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to load iptable_mangle module...

2018-11-01 02:22:28,197 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-36-generic

2018-11-01 02:22:28,198 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module using modprobe, trying insmod...

2018-11-01 02:22:28,199 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm a Synology user running sabnzbdvpn and delugevpn and first off, thanks to BinHex for the awesome work.  Also thanks for the recent dig fix for us Synology users... fortunately it was trivial to backrev to a functional version using Docker.

That said, once upgraded to the most recent delugevpn, I noticed a memory leak, about 500K per minute.  Started poking around with debug on and noticed that every 30 seconds, the tunnel was (re) verified "up."  Note that deluge is downloading and otherwise appears to be working okay despite this message snippet repeated ad infinitum in the logs.  The same repeated "up" verification now also appears in the sabnzbd logs but I haven't noticed such a memory leak (at least not quite as aggressive).  The repeated message is quoted here:

2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	2018-11-02 07:15:52,140 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	2018-11-02 07:15:52,255 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	[debug] Valid IP address from tunnel acquired '10.89.10.6'
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	2018-11-02 07:15:52,258 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	[debug] Incoming port for tunnel is '37273'
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	2018-11-02 07:15:52,261 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	[debug] VPN incoming port is 37273
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	[debug] VPN IP is 10.89.10.6
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	[debug] Deluge incoming port is 37273
2018-11-02 14:15:52	stdout	[debug] Deluge IP is 10.89.10.6

It seems this is new with the latest release. I can post the startup log if necessary, and/or can stand by for further forensics.  Best regards!

5 hours ago, fc0712 said:

Deluge currently doesn't work and haven't worked in a long time, but have only had the time now to try to fix it.

It reports the following error:

2018-11-05 06:49:45,019 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx

Do any of you know this error?

read second post in this thread.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:59 PM, flyride said:

Note that deluge is downloading and otherwise appears to be working okay despite this message snippet repeated ad infinitum in the logs.  The same repeated "up" verification now also appears in the sabnzbd logs but I haven't noticed such a memory leak (at least not quite as aggressive).

i very much doubt its the re-verification of the tunnel, that is simply a ifconfig command to verify the ip address is still valid, if it isnt it will loop and wait until it is, the same code is used in sabnzbdvpn.

btw the logging of the same message over and over again is of course due to debug being turned on.

5 hours ago, Lien1454 said:

How can I check to ensure that it's connecting to the VPN. How can I check for the IP ?

Download this and open it in the Deluge VPN web client.

You will see something similar to the following in the Status window (It will say "Success" and show the IP address assigned by your VPN):

VPN IP.PNG

Edited by Hoopster
  • Upvote 1

I have been using linuxserver/deluge for years without problems configuring it. 

With binhex-delugevpn I have everything working well with PIA; I thought that would be the difficult part but it took only five minutes or less.  However I am having trouble with what I think is the easiest thing of all.  How do I make this happen?

1.jpg.625c1fb655ad67bbaa5d2057e1a5ad8d.jpg

I have been working on this for hours and must be missing something simple!

Also, where does binhex-delugevpn put torrents files and downloaded torrents by default.  I added one torrent and downloaded it, but I have no idea where it is located on my server?!?  I would have thought that it would be located in /mnt/cache/appdata/data but that file is empty.

I tried changing the "Container Path: /data" to "/downloads" and "/mnt/cache/downloads" and also tried "/mnt/cache/appdata/downloads" and still no difference.  What stupid thing am I doing wrong?

Can someone please take pitty on me and help with this most basic question?

Thank you!

craigr

Edited by craigr
1 hour ago, craigr said:

I tried changing the "Container Path: /data" to "/downloads" and "/mnt/cache/downloads" and also tried "/mnt/cache/appdata/downloads" and still no difference.  What stupid thing am I doing wrong?

Can someone please take pitty on me and help with this most basic question?

I don't use this docker, but this seems like a basic question of your volume mappings. Do you understand docker volume mappings? Post your docker run command as shown in this first link from the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

1 hour ago, craigr said:

You’ll want to leave the container path as /data probably. Torrents will be downloaded where ever /data is mapped to. For example, on mine /data=/mnt/disks/deluge/ so with the settings you posted torrents would be downloaded to /mnt/disks/downloads/torrents.

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

I don't use this docker, but this seems like a basic question of your volume mappings. Do you understand docker volume mappings? Post your docker run command as shown in this first link from the Docker FAQ:

Thanks for this and any other tips.  I don't understand Docker volume mappings well at all.  I don't know much about docker really.  I've been able to slog through installing dockers and getting them to work.  Here is my run command:

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-delugevpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='xxxxxxxx' -e 'VPN_PASS'='xxxxxxxx' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8112:8112/tcp' -p '58846:58846/tcp' -p '58946:58946/tcp' -p '58946:58946/udp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/data':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-delugevpn' 

73dbecccd52dea01f908172d6f303e958c84fb664f67face6d51d59991e324f4

The command finished successfully!

I see the "-v '/data':'/data':'rw'" and the "-v '/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-delugevpn'" and it's created those directories on my chach drive.  But the torrent that I downloaded isn't in the /data directory (as deluge was originally configured) and if I change "data" in the docker GUI to a different directory nothing seems to change...

Thanks,

craigr

40 minutes ago, trurl said:

24 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

You’ll want to leave the container path as /data probably. Torrents will be downloaded where ever /data is mapped to. For example, on mine /data=/mnt/disks/deluge/ so with the settings you posted torrents would be downloaded to /mnt/disks/downloads/torrents.

Thank you! Thank you!

Those two posts were all it took.  Got it :)

craigr

1 hour ago, craigr said:

I see the "-v '/data':'/data':'rw'"

This mapping will have created a /data directory in RAM, since /data (the HOST side of this mapping) isn't a path on actual Unraid storage, and so it gets created in the root of the OS folders, which is in RAM. You will have to reboot to get rid of that folder. If you didn't download anything to it then it probably isn't important for now, but if you did then it could be taking up a lot of memory.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You might take a look at some of the rest of the Docker FAQ. Until you understand volume mapping you will always be wondering what to do and why it doesn't work.

LOL.  I was thinking the same thing.  I’m going to reed the whole faq.

thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

craigr

Since a while back I cant access my torrents through my webgui.

I get to enter my password, and everything seems right but the torrentlist never loads.

I can see the sessionspeed in the titlebar and I can access the preferenses so I know it actually connects.

If I connect through the deluge app i can access it just fine.

I tried emptying cache, different browsers and different computers, restarting the container wont help but sometimes I can connect for a while if I restart the whole server.

Hi,

Not sure if this is the exact correct place for this question. I have delugevpn set up an working fine. However  i have recently invested in a new router that has a greater funcionality over the one from the ISP. This one allows me to set a vpn at the router level, I just wanted to know those this have any effect on the delugevpn.

17 hours ago, craigr said:

binhex, thanks for this docker.  I’ve been fighting trying to get DD-WRT, PIA, and ports open for two years on and off.  Got it all done in less than a day with your docker.  I love the way you pull the PIA open ports automatically.

Fantastic,

craigr

Does AceVPN thats pre configured also open ports as well?