[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

34 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Binhex, any input on the Webgui-problems me and others have been experiencing lately?

Agreed, it is very bizarre for there seems to be an issue with VPN and webui working per my previous reply

23 hours ago, zyurph said:

My apologies my more recent reply was a continuation of my previous messages note I have been running binhex-delugevpn for over a year without an issue until recently I have updated to the latest version of both unraid and the binhex-delugevpn docker and no webui.  So I now have the same issue on two different unraid servers.  Oh and yes I have my PIA creds entered.  Attached is my latest supervisord log. 

supervisord.log

@zyurph, I recently had an issue with the WebUI not loading. The solution for me was:

I installed a new instance of DelugeVPN in parallel to the bad one. Then I copied preference files, one at a time, from the new fresh install into my existing docker. I restarted the docker after each and checked. If it didn't fix anything I put the old file back to preserve as many settings as possible. When I finally got to web.conf that fixed the issue. I guess it was corrupted or something. Once I swapped that file the WebUI came back. Testing the files one by one I was able to revert back to all my existing files and I didn't lose any settings, or partial transfers, like I would have if I had just used the totally new install. My recommendation would be to do that second install and start with web.conf and see if replacing that will bring your UI back.

14 minutes ago, eb3k said:

@zyurph, I recently had an issue with the WebUI not loading. The solution for me was:

I installed a new instance of DelugeVPN in parallel to the bad one. Then I copied preference files, one at a time, from the new fresh install into my existing docker. I restarted the docker after each and checked. If it didn't fix anything I put the old file back to preserve as many settings as possible. When I finally got to web.conf that fixed the issue. I guess it was corrupted or something. Once I swapped that file the WebUI came back. Testing the files one by one I was able to revert back to all my existing files and I didn't lose any settings, or partial transfers, like I would have if I had just used the totally new install. My recommendation would be to do that second install and start with web.conf and see if replacing that will bring your UI back.

@eb3k , Thank you for the reply!  I have tried this as well, even going so far as to remove the docker and the directory in appdata and re-install.  Still the same effect.  

45 minutes ago, eb3k said:

Thank you for this, I tried it and now it appears to working. How long I'm not sure, I have previously got it working from restoring from backup but it always comes back.

I am however getting this error now constantly:

2018-11-14 21:37:47,841 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output: [ERROR ] 21:37:47 auth:330 Login failed (ClientIP 172.17.0.1)

Any idea why?

1 hour ago, zyurph said:

@eb3k , Thank you for the reply!  I have tried this as well, even going so far as to remove the docker and the directory in appdata and re-install.  Still the same effect.  

Hmmm. I tried removing and reinstalling a couple times and it was still picking up my old config. I guess I didn't ditch my appdata folder. Must be a different issue on your system. Does the parallel install work? Like if you have your no webUI container running and you add a second copy (even try the non VPN version) running at the same time, do both of them fail to load the UI or just your original one? That was what made me try replacing files, when I added the non VPN as a test it worked fine. I used the VPN version to copy in case there were differences, but that is what clued me in. If they both fail to load then you likely have a larger issue.

7 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Thank you for this, I tried it and now it appears to working. How long I'm not sure, I have previously got it working from restoring from backup but it always comes back.

I am however getting this error now constantly:

2018-11-14 21:37:47,841 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output: [ERROR ] 21:37:47 auth:330 Login failed (ClientIP 172.17.0.1)

Any idea why?

I didn't get any errors when I did this so I'm not sure what that might be. I'm not really an expert I just tried everything until I found something that worked for me. Maybe someone who actually knows how the docker works can help with that.

4 minutes ago, eb3k said:

I didn't get any errors when I did this so I'm not sure what that might be. I'm not really an expert I just tried everything until I found something that worked for me. Maybe someone who actually knows how the docker works can help with that.

Figured out the password reverted and Sonarr/Radarr was trying to log in. Works for now, even after I put the old webconf back again.

I guess I'll keep doing this every couple of days until a fix comes out, beats reverting to backup.

15 hours ago, zyurph said:

Binhex, any input on the Webgui-problems me and others have been experiencing lately?

Firstly please dont generalise the inability to access the web ui as a single issue, it very rarely is, there are dozens or reasons why the web ui may not be accessible, nearly all of them are user misconfiguration, the rest are vpn provider related, keep in mind the vast majority of people are running this with no issue.

so anybody with ongoing web ui issues please detail any related information that might be pertinent and then follow the procedure below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

Things to keep in mind:-

No support for VPS or non LAN environments.

No support for statically assigned IP containers

4 hours ago, binhex said:

Firstly please dont generalise the inability to access the web ui as a single issue, it very rarely is, there are dozens or reasons why the web ui may not be accessible, nearly all of them are user misconfiguration, the rest are vpn provider related, keep in mind the vast majority of people are running this with no issue.

so anybody with ongoing web ui issues please detail any related information that might be pertinent and then follow the procedure below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

Things to keep in mind:-

No support for VPS or non LAN environments.

No support for statically assigned IP containers

Sorry mate, didn't there where so many different reasons.

Here is my log-file: https://pastebin.com/0R4pApd5

Any hints on whats going on?

3 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Sorry mate, didn't there where so many different reasons.

Here is my log-file: https://pastebin.com/0R4pApd5

Any hints on whats going on?

no need to apologise, im just trying to prevent the situaiton where one guy 'fixes' the web ui issue and then assumes everybody else has the same problem and passes this along as the 'fix', it just wastes times thats all.

ok so ive taken a look at your log and its clean, i can see nothign wrong with the config whatsoever, infact i can see that deluge has performed re-checks on some existing torrents so im assuming its up and running, just for whatever reason you cant access the web ui. 

so questions/suggestions for you:-

1. are you trying to access the web ui from within the lan or externally? - if externally have you loaded iptable_mangle?, see link below Q1. on how to do this (unraid only):-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

2. have you tried another browser when attempting connection? - if not try it

3. have you tried another device (phone/tablet/pc/mac) when attempting connection? - if not try it

4. have you verified that the LAN_NETWORK is correct? - see the link below Q3. for instruction on how to calculate this if you are unsure:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

31 minutes ago, binhex said:

no need to apologise, im just trying to prevent the situaiton where one guy 'fixes' the web ui issue and then assumes everybody else has the same problem and passes this along as the 'fix', it just wastes times thats all.

ok so ive taken a look at your log and its clean, i can see nothign wrong with the config whatsoever, infact i can see that deluge has performed re-checks on some existing torrents so im assuming its up and running, just for whatever reason you cant access the web ui. 

so questions/suggestions for you:-

1. are you trying to access the web ui from within the lan or externally? - if externally have you loaded iptable_mangle?, see link below Q1. on how to do this (unraid only):-

2. have you tried another browser when attempting connection? - if not try it

3. have you tried another device (phone/tablet/pc/mac) when attempting connection? - if not try it

4. have you verified that the LAN_NETWORK is correct? - see the link below Q3. for instruction on how to calculate this if you are unsure:-

I should have included the info from my earlier post.

I can always connect to deluge through the deluge windows-app without problems, it's just the webgui thats causes problems.

I have the same problem both within and outside the LAN, when it happens it doesn't matter which browser or computer/phone I use.

I can access the preferences and see the correct session speed in the titlebar but the torrent list is blank.

A restart of the container doesn't work, sometimes a restart of the whole server works. Reverting to backup works but it comes back in a day or two.

Adding a new web.conf as suggested in this thread worked but the problem came back in a day.

I have run the same setup without problems for about a year, I think this might have started when I upgraded to Unraid 6.6.4 but I cant be sure on that.

1 minute ago, TorrnapZ said:

when I upgraded to Unraid 6.6.4

ok i will need to have a think about all of the info you posted, but the first important thing you need to do is move to unraid 6.6.5, 6.6.4 had bugs and 6.6.5 was released quickly after it to fix those bugs so i would strongly suggest you move to that as a first step.

27 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok i will need to have a think about all of the info you posted, but the first important thing you need to do is move to unraid 6.6.5, 6.6.4 had bugs and 6.6.5 was released quickly after it to fix those bugs so i would strongly suggest you move to that as a first step.

Seems I haven't been keeping up, I usually get a notification when there is a new release.

I've updated now and the web gui works, it does however usually work after a reboot so I'll get back to you if the problem persists.

somebody with the same/similar issue:-

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JslqHRdsrHIJ:https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D54880+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

and another one, no reply but it looks like this might of been related to not connecting to the deluge dameon, can you check that:-

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=54930

question for you, how many torrents have you got in an active state (seeding/leeching)?, deluge is a bit crap when you start dealing with more than a 100 or so, so it could be hitting this limitation.

4 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so this is interesting, so you can login to the web ui, and you can see the top menu bar for settings etc, its just you cant see any of the torrents?.

Yes everything except the torrents, the speed is even displayed correctly in the titlebar.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

somebody with the same/similar issue:-

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JslqHRdsrHIJ:https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D54880+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

and another one, no reply but it looks like this might of been related to not connecting to the deluge dameon, can you check that:-

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=54930

question for you, how many torrents have you got in an active state (seeding/leeching)?, deluge is a bit crap when you start dealing with more than a 100 or so, so it could be hitting this limitation.

I fear this might be the problem, I have about 600 torrents running about 250 of which is cross seeds.

I thought Deluge would be okay with this since it's a common choicefor seedboxes etc, any way to optimize this for more torrents?

Does rTorrent handle lots of torrents better and if so, is there an easy way to transfer them?

16 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Does rTorrent handle lots of torrents better and if so, is there an easy way to transfer them?

i have heard people using the docker image i created (rtorrentvpn) with thousands of torrents concurrently active, so yeah i think its possible, obviously spec of your machine, whether you have a ssd for cache etc come into play, but if your machine is man enough then it should be able to do it, yep.

Transitioning over should be as simple as configuring rtorrent/rutorrent incomplete and completed to point at the same folders as deluge, then adding in a single torrent, let it check the downloaded file(s) and it should start seeding once check is complete, if all good then copy the other torrents over, try not to dump the lot as checking is cpu and i/o intensive, so maybe do it in batches of 50 or something.

35 minutes ago, binhex said:

i have heard people using the docker image i created (rtorrentvpn) with thousands of torrents concurrently active, so yeah i think its possible, obviously spec of your machine, whether you have a ssd for cache etc come into play, but if your machine is man enough then it should be able to do it, yep.

Transitioning over should be as simple as configuring rtorrent/rutorrent incomplete and completed to point at the same folders as deluge, then adding in a single torrent, let it check the downloaded file(s) and it should start seeding once check is complete, if all good then copy the other torrents over, try not to dump the lot as checking is cpu and i/o intensive, so maybe do it in batches of 50 or something.

Yeah I was hoping there was an easier way that skipped the recheck and allowed you to export everything at once, especially since I'll get busted for seeding from different locations at once if I have both open. I'll have to do some research, thanks for all your help mate!

1 minute ago, TorrnapZ said:

Yeah I was hoping there was an easier way that skipped the recheck

this MIGHT be possible, a quick google revealed this rtorrent option (define in rtorrent.rc file):-

# Check hash for finished torrents. (check_hash) 
pieces.hash.on_completion.set = no

that might stop the hashing.

24 minutes ago, binhex said:

this MIGHT be possible, a quick google revealed this rtorrent option (define in rtorrent.rc file):-

# Check hash for finished torrents. (check_hash) 
pieces.hash.on_completion.set = no

that might stop the hashing.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot sometime this weekend. If I find an easy way I can make a guide somewhere, this might not be the right thread.

Ive been trying to use this along with fail2ban but its only banning 172.17.0.1 (docker ip) which is no good does not seem to be passing real ip address i have tried a few things such as proxy

server {
    listen 80;
server_name torrent.example.me;
        location / {
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
             proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
             proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:9080;
        }
}

but this is a snippet from log with a purposely wrong password

172.17.0.1 - heeelo [17/Nov/2018:17:48:18 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 401 597 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/18.18277"

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Hello folks im new to unraid so plz be nice to me :=) Love this docker all working fine exept i missing a funtion and i dont now how to fix it. used only tixati and..utorrent? on windows i think before and after downloaded i  moved easy the files to mine collections tvshows.anime and so on and keep on seeding. browsed easy the file location..it is any way you can do the same on unraid -deluge ? i only se empty dialogue when i click on move storage. how can i  easy browse the new file location and deluge moving over after ? i dont have other docker installed exept krusader -binhex ofc.. so i manually moving the files but cant seed after sadly. :=((

Hope i not offended anyone if im in  a wrong forum that case can same nice people help me to the right directions ?

Thx binhex to this great work..fron old man..