[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6 minutes ago, rzeeman711 said:

This morning after updating I was getting the following error that prevented deluge from starting up.

I went to that shell script and removed the first backslash in front of that snippet and restarted and it started working again.

Brilliant!  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, rzeeman711 said:

This morning after updating I was getting the following error that prevented deluge from starting up.

I went to that shell script and removed the first backslash in front of that snippet and restarted and it started working again.

Well.. not sure that that fixes it, but it does make it work.  :)

Here's what I got in the log when I made that change:

2018-12-03 15:35:06,510 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

/root/getvpnport.sh: line 43: ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver): command not found

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow

[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-

[info]

2 minutes ago, Adam64 said:

Well.. not sure that that fixes it, but it does make it work.  :)

Here's what I got in the log when I made that change:

/root/getvpnport.sh: line 43: ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver): command not found

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow

[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-

[info]

I updated my original post. I also removed the newline. make sure yours looks like mine and you wont get that error.

1 hour ago, PeterB said:

Might the same be true of DE Berlin and DE Frankfurt?

nope they are already in there:-

pia_port_forward_enabled_endpoints_array=\
                ("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \
                "ca-toronto.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Toronto)" \
                "ca-montreal.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Montreal)" \
                "czech.${pia_domain_suffix} (Czech Republic)" \
                "spain.${pia_domain_suffix} (Spain)" \
                "swiss.${pia_domain_suffix} (Switzerland)" \
                "sweden.${pia_domain_suffix} (Sweden)" \
                "france.${pia_domain_suffix} (France)" \
                "de-berlin.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "de-frankfurt.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "ro.${pia_domain_suffix} (Romania)" \
                "israel.${pia_domain_suffix} (Israel)")

1 hour ago, Adam64 said:

Apparently it doesn't like the parenthesis around the list.

hmm ok leave it with me.

edit - fixed and new image built, please pull down.

Edited by binhex
2 hours ago, binhex said:

nope they are already in there:-

pia_port_forward_enabled_endpoints_array=\
                ("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \
                "ca-toronto.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Toronto)" \
                "ca-montreal.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Montreal)" \
                "czech.${pia_domain_suffix} (Czech Republic)" \
                "spain.${pia_domain_suffix} (Spain)" \
                "swiss.${pia_domain_suffix} (Switzerland)" \
                "sweden.${pia_domain_suffix} (Sweden)" \
                "france.${pia_domain_suffix} (France)" \
                "de-berlin.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "de-frankfurt.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "ro.${pia_domain_suffix} (Romania)" \
                "israel.${pia_domain_suffix} (Israel)")

hmm ok leave it with me.

edit - fixed and new image built, please pull down.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, essessell said:

Well,  I have exhausted my brain trying to get the web UI to work. It runs fine when VPN_ENABLED is set to no.  Can you have a look at my supervisord.log? 

supervisord.log

nothing wrong with that, thats a successful start and connect, my guess is your LAN_NETWORK is configured incorrectly, from your log:-

2018-12-04 10:04:39.181185 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

is that correct?, if you dont know how to configure this then see here Q3.:- 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

my LAN is actually configured as 192.168.254.0    I've tried 192.168.254.0/24 and still no go.  I did read Q3 and then googled around and from what I can gather it should work.  I am able to run pia from linux just fine.  I've also deleted docker.img and started over with same results.

OK I figured it out ..  It's nothing to do with my configuration or the docker ..   I have two LAN interfaces on my server and they were both connected however it was a hardware configuration that was screwing things up so I unplugged one LAN cable and now I am able to get to the webUI. . Thanks for confirming my .log was ok.  That really led me to investigate what else could be wrong.  Again great docker.. thanks for the work.

Edited by essessell
Stupidity
2 hours ago, essessell said:

my LAN is actually configured as 192.168.254.0    I've tried 192.168.254.0/24 and still no go.  I did read Q3 and then googled around and from what I can gather it should work.  I am able to run pia from linux just fine.  I've also deleted docker.img and started over with same results.

OK I figured it out ..  It's nothing to do with my configuration or the docker ..   I have two LAN interfaces on my server and they were both connected however it was a hardware configuration that was screwing things up so I unplugged one LAN cable and now I am able to get to the webUI. . Thanks for confirming my .log was ok.  That really led me to investigate what else could be wrong.  Again great docker.. thanks for the work.

well almost figured it out....   It loads fine on my windows machine but still won't load the webUI on my Ubuntu machine where I have the PIA client installed.  It actually did load for a minute then when I tested it again it wouldn't load. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04

OK I tried on another linux machine and the webUI won't load there either...  What could be the matter?

Edited by essessell
linux trouble
well almost figured it out....   It loads fine on my windows machine but still won't load the webUI on my Ubuntu machine where I have the PIA client installed.  It actually did load for a minute then when I tested it again it wouldn't load. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04

OK I tried on another linux machine and the webUI won't load there either...  What could be the matter?
Sounds like a firewall issue on Ubuntu to me check that it allows outbound connections to any port or at least to the port used by the container

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, binhex said:

Sounds like a firewall issue on Ubuntu to me check that it allows outbound connections to any port or at least to the port used by the container

steve@ubuntu-18:~$ sudo ufw status verbose
[sudo] password for steve:

I think ubuntu allows all outbound traffic by default

Is there anywhere else I should look that might be keeping the UI from loading

49 minutes ago, essessell said:

steve@ubuntu-18:~$ sudo ufw status verbose
[sudo] password for steve:

I think ubuntu allows all outbound traffic by default

Is there anywhere else I should look that might be keeping the UI from loading

are you doing anything weird like running a vpn on the ubuntu boxes?, or maybe vlan perhaps?, pfsense blocking?.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

are you doing anything weird like running a vpn on the ubuntu boxes?, or maybe vlan perhaps?, pfsense blocking?.

I have it running on one machine just to test it out.  but when I use another machine it still doesn't work even when I have PIA turned off.  I'm not using pfsense.  I do have ubiquiti USG and I've looked for anomalies there but didn't see anything that could be blocking

38 minutes ago, essessell said:

I have it running on one machine just to test it out.  but when I use another machine it still doesn't work even when I have PIA turned off.  I'm not using pfsense.  I do have ubiquiti USG and I've looked for anomalies there but didn't see anything that could be blocking

sorry im out of ideas then, all i can tell you is the container looks to be starting fine, so its something on your network and/or hosts that is the cause.

Hi, iam new to this.

I manage to install the container on a synology nas and get all to work with sonarr radarr etc.

I also can browse internet through the privox server on my regular computer, and both torrents and webbrowsing seems to be using the vpn ip.

My question is: If the vpn goes down for some reason does it block all the connections then or is my regular ip exposed?

If it is how can i prevent and test this?

I've heard about something called iptables.

Thnx for this container, was looking for a solution like this =).. Happy christmas

57 minutes ago, gambler3k said:

If the vpn goes down for some reason does it block all the connections then or is my regular ip exposed?

If it is how can i prevent and test this?

I've heard about something called iptables.

Hi there, welcome to the forums

iptables are configured to only let traffic out through the VPN IP and the local network (the LAN_NETWORK variable)

Moreover, at init if the VPN is not established, Deluge will not go up

23 hours ago, binhex said:

sorry im out of ideas then, all i can tell you is the container looks to be starting fine, so its something on your network and/or hosts that is the cause.

OK  ..  I believe I have figured it out.  My linux machine was set to dhcp and somehow it assigned the network ip out of the ip range of the unraid docker.  So ...  I assigned a static ip on the linux machine and presto...  i have UI again ..

I suppose if anyone else has exhausted all other avenues .. check your machines ip address.

lesson learned.

Thanks binhex for taking the time to troubleshoot

44 minutes ago, Gog said:

Hi there, welcome to the forums

iptables are configured to only let traffic out through the VPN IP and the local network (the LAN_NETWORK variable)

Moreover, at init if the VPN is not established, Deluge will not go up

Sooo if i get u right its already configured? I dont need to bother?

Ty for the welcome 😃

I just wanted to make sure, I just installed this in a new machine, and I just installed the binhex-delugevpn.

I checked the first page, but I wanted to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I just put my username and password for PIA when installing, it seems that I didn't need to change anything else. I downloaded the PIA ovpn zip and unzipped, I picked CA Toronto.ovpn and I replaced the one that was in root/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn

the file already in there was about 300B and the new is 3.1KB. just wanted to make sure that is all that is needed to ensure it will be safe.

much appreciated for the help.

1 hour ago, THF13 said:

-e VPN_ENABLED=yes 

Needs to be set, but I'm assuming you probably did that.  

Actually I did not, as it was already selected to yes, but I did make sure it was to yes.

But everything sounds good then? Is there a good way to check if it's working well or any leaks? besides putting the wrong login info to PIA

Actually I did not, as it was already selected to yes, but I did make sure it was to yes.
But everything sounds good then? Is there a good way to check if it's working well or any leaks? besides putting the wrong login info to PIA
sounds good to me in short if you have VPN enabled set to yes and you can access the web UI then you are guaranteed the VPN is established and running