[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 12/15/2018 at 4:03 PM, kocane said:

I can connect find to deluge with external services like Radarr, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect from the container to services running on the host, e.g. couchpotato. While I know I could/should just run Couchpotato in a container as well, I still would like to figure out how to make delugeVPN  be able to connect to my external services. Other containers seem to be able to connect to couchpotato on the host just fine?

you can do this providing you have defined LAN_NETWORK correctly, if you have done then you should be able to configure couchpotato to talk to deluge, see below screenshot on how to do this:-

couchpotato-deluge.png

to be clear its not possible to connect FROM deluge to couchpotato (firewall rules in place to restrict outbound comms), but the other way around is permitted and works, and as deluge does not have any built in way to communicate with couchpotato, this shouldn't be too much of concern.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

you can do this providing you have defined LAN_NETWORK correctly, if you have done then you should be able to configure couchpotato to talk to deluge, see below screenshot on how to do this:-

couchpotato-deluge.png

to be clear its not possible to connect FROM deluge to couchpotato (firewall rules in place to restrict outbound comms), but the other way around is permitted and works, and as deluge does not have any built in way to communicate with couchpotato, this shouldn't be too much of concern.

The trouble is that I use a script in the end of Deluge downloads (nzbToMedia) and it connects to couchpotato and radarr on the host machine.  The only solution is to make everything be containerized?

My VPN provider only allows a limited number of connected devices, so I'm trying to get multple docker containers to connect thru the binhex-delugevpn container. In particular, I'm trying to get multiple Deluge docker containers to route through DelugeVPN, however, I get the following error :

"conflicting options: port publishing and the container type network mode."

All I have done is add an extra argument in the binhex-deluge advanced view: --network="container:binhex-delugevpn"

I have set-up different ports for each instance of binhex-deluge and binhex-delugevpn but can't get it to work.

Any ideas? All help appreciated.

5 minutes ago, teh0wner said:

My VPN provider only allows a limited number of connected devices, so I'm trying to get multple docker containers to connect thru the binhex-delugevpn container. In particular, I'm trying to get multiple Deluge docker containers to route through DelugeVPN, however, I get the following error :

"conflicting options: port publishing and the container type network mode."

All I have done is add an extra argument in the binhex-deluge advanced view: --network="container:binhex-delugevpn"

I have set-up different ports for each instance of binhex-deluge and binhex-delugevpn but can't get it to work.

Any ideas? All help appreciated.

completely untested and i would pretty much guarantee wont work due to strict iptable rules.

--Edit--

Well I figured it out. I was using a server that didn't support port forwarding.

--Edit--

Hi there,

Super new to unRaid and still figuring things out but loving it.

I'm trying to setup Deluge with my VPN (PIA). I have followed spaceinvaders guide but no matter what I always end up with this message when trying to start the docker. "Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1xx:xxxx" (only put in the x's as I don't know if that would make me vulnerable or something) 

I copy in the two files that he shows from the openVPN folder downloaded from PIA.

Is it possible I am using the wrong certificates? They offer both TCP and UDP and I am not sure which to use.

Here is what I have in my openVPN folder within binhex-delugevpn:

ca.rsa.2048.pem

ca.rsa.2048.crt

Netherlands.ovpn

Am I completely missing something? I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by ifruit
Figured it out

Hi All, Looking at setting up privoxy for deluge and getting a bit stuck on the setup.

I have been following spaceinvader ones videos but cant seem to get radarr to download anything to deluge once I setup the proxy settings (it does work with no proxy setting). Also I cannot get my windows machine working with the proxy address either, so i figured I am doing something wrong with deluge.

unraid address is 192.168.0.200

deluge settings below. I can upload any logs if needed. deluge is working all ok otherwise. Just not sure if I am missing something obvious.

Many Thanks

deluge.thumb.png.845b9fd445160ac3ea7c491bffc77cb7.png

Hi all,

I had an error last week that my (admittedly small @ 10GB) Docker container was filling up, so I thought I'd take a look at the container sizes to see who was to blame. 

Despite barely ever using it (it sits turned of most of the time - only turning it on when I want to download some sweet Linux ISOs), Deluge VPN has the biggest size at 1.34 GB (see attached).

So I thought I'd take a look around the settings to see if it was storing any old torrents (all torrents have finished seeding and are now gone from the UI) somewhere in the container, but all references I can find to paths in the settings menu point to /data which I have mapped to a folder on the array (/mnt/user/bigfiles/deluge/). 

So, I'm asking here: is 1.34 GB a normal size for this container? Or is it likely that there is an old torrent sitting in the container somewhere that I should find and delete? 

Thanks all!

Docker_Container_sizes.png

3 minutes ago, jademonkee said:

So, I'm asking here: is 1.34 GB a normal size for this container?

yes, there is a lot of stuff installed in this image, its going to be bigger than most, keep in mind that if you run other images created by me then you will make use of the caching of layers, thus the pull down wont be anything like that.

• Like 1

would it be possible to specify routes to add to the container?

for example my network has 2 different LAN network CIDRs.

I added a big enough range for LAN_NETWORK but it does not add a route to the container.

it adds a 192.168.1.0/24 route but I would need 192.168.20.0/24 also.

doing it manually is not good as it gets removed next time container is re created.

Edited by nekromantik

Hello All,

I was wondering what's happen to my docker. I came back this afternoon and found that nothing was downloading, so i restarted the docker and now I cant get access to the portal page? So I went to the logs, but I'm not able to find out what the issue actually is? Can anyone help me sort out why it just stopped suddenly? 

image.thumb.png.c91913be62d8526eeee4cc1d425e7354.png

It just keeps repeating the above.

Thanks,

Brax.

Hi - I'm trying to work out the best security approach for unRaid downloads. I use Binhex SABDNZB, Sonarr and Radarr with Usenet providers via SSL. Do the SSL connections mean I don't need a VPN? If a VPN is still recommended, what is the preferred approach? It seems that I could install the Arch Linux PIA application on my unRaid server, enable port forwarding and connect to a port fwding endpoint. Or I could install one of the Binhex VPN enabled apps, configure it for PIA port forwarding and privoxy and point Sonarr and Radarr to port 8118. Any recommendations gratefully received ;-)

50 minutes ago, Tabraxis said:

Hello All,

I was wondering what's happen to my docker. I came back this afternoon and found that nothing was downloading, so i restarted the docker and now I cant get access to the portal page? So I went to the logs, but I'm not able to find out what the issue actually is? Can anyone help me sort out why it just stopped suddenly? 

<image>

It just keeps repeating the above.

Samesies here. I got a DMCA notice for the first time ever so I went to check on it and restart. It didn't work, so I decided it was as good of time to ever to update to 6.6.6, did that and still having the same issue you are.

1 hour ago, Tabraxis said:

I was wondering what's happen to my docker.

looking at that log it looks like openvpn is unable to connect to that endpoint, to be able to take this any further i need you to do the following procedure detauld in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&amp;comment=435831

@brimnac same deal for you.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

so manual searches works ok even with pointing at privoxy, but automated searches dont work, is that the deal?

FIXED

I have just tested the connection to deluge in radarr settings (with and without proxy enabled) and i am getting this error, which is the cause.

Unknown exception: Error getting response stream (ReadAsync): ReceiveFailure Value cannot be null. Parameter name: src

Turns out my port in radarr for deluge had changed. Not entirely sure how, but all seems ok now. 

Many thanks for the help, time to start testing out sonarr

• Like 1
1 hour ago, binhex said:

looking at that log it looks like openvpn is unable to connect to that endpoint, to be able to take this any further i need you to do the following procedure detauld in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&amp;comment=435831

@brimnac same deal for you.

Hello Binhex,

Ok, so super weird. I deleted the supervisord.log ( .log1 through .log5) that i had, waited then restarted as steps said to. I already had DEBUG on ( for whatever reason) then waited for the logs to fill up. After it did i quickly checked for piece of mind, and it works again?! Iv'e got something downloading now, seems to check out.

I guess your mere request alone snapped it into shape!

ps. would you still want the .log file in case it helps the anyone else?

Just now, Tabraxis said:

Hello Binhex,

Ok, so super weird. I deleted the supervisord.log ( .log1 through .log5) that i had, waited then restarted as steps said to. I already had DEBUG on ( for whatever reason) then waited for the logs to fill up. After it did i quickly checked for piece of mind, and it works again?! Iv'e got something downloading now, seems to check out.

I guess your mere request alone snapped it into shape!

ps. would you still want the .log file in case it helps the anyone else?

my guess is that the endpoint you were connecting to had a intermittent outage, it wasnt PIA endoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' by any chance was it?.