[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3 hours ago, Dasweb said:

I've already done this, still no go.

Not sure if I've missed something.

I am also experiencing this since updating the container to "e5e3..5a77" - I see the below in the docker log

2018-12-18 20:14:30,977 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: argument "UI" is wrong: Failed to parse rule type

2018-12-18 20:14:30,979 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: either "to" is duplicate, or "UI" is a garbage.

The container is still running and things can connect to it just fine and things are still seeding, but the web UI times out.

2 minutes ago, rjorgenson said:

I am also experiencing this since updating the container to "e5e3..5a77" - I see the below in the docker log

2018-12-18 20:14:30,977 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: argument "UI" is wrong: Failed to parse rule type

2018-12-18 20:14:30,979 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: either "to" is duplicate, or "UI" is a garbage.

The container is still running and things can connect to it just fine and things are still seeding, but the web UI times out.

This appears to be the issue - https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/commit/77caf3f2fd7bae55c9c19bd7999ee864f7f32d42#diff-181aca646a6bd54fbde2c6c0736e52d8 - I checked updates and it was already pushed out. Make sure your container is up to date, this update resolved the issue for me. 

13 hours ago, Steviewunda said:

Hi - I'm trying to work out the best security approach for unRaid downloads. I use Binhex SABDNZB, Sonarr and Radarr with Usenet providers via SSL. Do the SSL connections mean I don't need a VPN? If a VPN is still recommended, what is the preferred approach? It seems that I could install the Arch Linux PIA application on my unRaid server, enable port forwarding and connect to a port fwding endpoint. Or I could install one of the Binhex VPN enabled apps, configure it for PIA port forwarding and privoxy and point Sonarr and Radarr to port 8118. Any recommendations gratefully received ;-)

Anybody?

Hi. 

My DelugeVPN decided to stop working, presumably after updating to Unraid 6.6.6. The issue is that the WebUI won't load, possibly because it won't connect to my VPN provider (Newshosting). I can't seem to find any answers in the FAQ or answer to anyone elses issues, so I hope you can spare some time and take a look at my supervisord.log file (attached, username and password removed). 

Edit: Nevermind, I updated the docker to the latest version and its working again! :-) 

Edited by Mith
Works again!

First thanks for the awesome container(s) Binhex!

Quick question, is it possible that privoxy doesn't have a tunnel up, but still provide unsecured traffic to something outside its container? (firefox etc..)

I've seen similar (but not the same :)) question being asked about kill switch/firewall that doesn't allow IP leak for built in deluge (as part of the container).

My question is, is this still valid if other services or containers use only privoxy part of the container?

Meaning, I use my firefox (or any other client) and have proxy set up to use privoxy? If privoxy tunnel fails, would firefox be stopped? 

(I have tested without privoxy running, and obviously there is no internet as there is no proxy service, but I do not know how to make vpn tunnel fail and then have privoxy running without valid tunnel to test for leaks, if you know what I mean :))

Thanks again for the awesome work!

2 hours ago, dakipro said:

Quick question, is it possible that privoxy doesn't have a tunnel up, but still provide unsecured traffic to something outside its container? (firefox etc..)

in a word, no, privoxy relies on the the tunnel being up, if it isnt up then privoxy will simply not work.

i think what you are really asking is, does privoxy leak ip information if the tunnel goes down, the answer is no, i have implemented something better than a kill switch, in that it is ALWAYS blocking whether the tunnel is up, down, or otherwise.

kill switches only block AFTER the tunnel has gone down, thus potentially leaving a time gap between tunnel being down and then connection being blocked, during this tme window it is potentially possible for ip leakage to occur.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
Just now, dakipro said:

Thank you!

I was 99% sure this is the case, just wanted to hear it confirmed from someone else (you :))

np, i have run packet inspection multiple times to ensure zero ip leakage with simulated tunnel failure and have yet to see any occurrence under any scenario.

That is great. Have you thought perhaps of some sort of automatic VPN tunnel test (perhaps in a separated container)?

Something that would ping something, and check that all is good?

I am just thinking out loud... it might be useful (and reassuring) to just show it on some dashboard or somewhere else, that VPN is up and running, current IP this-and-that, last re-connected timestamp, ping... even simple json response that other dashboards could pick up, or even command line response, whatever is easiest..

35 minutes ago, dakipro said:

That is great. Have you thought perhaps of some sort of automatic VPN tunnel test (perhaps in a separated container)?

Something that would ping something, and check that all is good?

I am just thinking out loud... it might be useful (and reassuring) to just show it on some dashboard or somewhere else, that VPN is up and running, current IP this-and-that, last re-connected timestamp, ping... even simple json response that other dashboards could pick up, or even command line response, whatever is easiest..

tbh this is so trivial that its not really worth creating a docker image for, for example you can simply do something like this:-

docker exec <name of container> bash -c 'curl -s https://api.ipify.org' > '/tmp/vpn_ip.txt'

you can have this running in a while loop if you want it to continuously monitor, or check the output and if it matches your ISP ip address then it sends you an email, or some such command.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wgstarks said:

IIRC it’s deluge/deluge. I know the default password is deluge. May be wrong about the default user.

Hi thanks!

I found you can also go into the docker's appdata folder and edit the "auth" file. Adding a new line containing

<username>:<password>:10

where 10 is the permission level (see deluge documentation for more, but you'll probably want 10 as it is the highest).

I just updated my docker image to latest and it started giving this error message

[FATAL tini (7)] exec '/bin/bash' failed: No such file or directory

I am running docker-ce 18 and on Ubuntu 18

Thanks,
Z

I would suspect a badly formed docker run command is your problem I am running the latest image with no issues so I'm confident the issue is configuration

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I have a few problems.

Firstly my password for the webui is always resetting when the docker is restarted.

2. When the vpn is active i can't use the remote daemon feature because the daemon is offline in my thin client.

3. Since the last update the network interface is always false configured.

2018-12-23 12:27:01,314 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.15.x.x different, marking for reconfigure

2018-12-23 12:27:01,316 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

2018-12-23 12:27:01,319 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

2018-12-23 12:27:01,517 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 190.2.x.x

2018-12-23 12:27:01,521 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...
[info] Removing deluge pid file (if it exists)...

2018-12-23 12:27:01,654 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface currently defined as 0.0.0.0
[info] Deluge listening interface will be changed to 0.0.0.0
[info] Saving changes to Deluge config file /config/core.conf...

Hi Binhex,

I have two instances of this plugin going one for movies, another for TV shows.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

The Movies instance, writes data to the logs inside the container until the docker.img is filled. I have a few hundred torrents going since I perma-seed.

I've attached the .json log.

Most of the messages aren't useful.

{"log":"2018-12-23 22:45:04,594 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.595016271Z"}
{"log":"rWrW\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.595033635Z"}
{"log":"2018-12-23 22:45:04,599 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.599570746Z"}
{"log":"rW\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.599593628Z"}
{"log":"2018-12-23 22:45:04,599 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.599763453Z"}
{"log":"rWrW\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.599776328Z"}
{"log":"2018-12-23 22:45:04,609 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.60933797Z"}
{"log":"rW\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.609365552Z"}
{"log":"2018-12-23 22:45:04,609 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.609541692Z"}
{"log":"rWrW\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2018-12-24T03:45:04.609558447Z"}

It seems to be working fine. Stuff is being downloaded, it just spams the logs until docker.img fills and crashes :(

Edited by spatial_awareness