[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

40 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

192.168.0.1 is your gateway. If your IP is 198.162.0.20 and your netmask is 255.255.255.0 then your network is 192.168.0.0/24 as per the example that @strike linked.

Thanks for the pro tip, that was all I was looking for. It might be quicker to have people go to the settings and plug in the values already displayed instead of sending them to that older post. Finding that info was more direct help. Maybe add it to install/setup steps ive seen people sent to. 

Hi All

So if I already have all the openvpn files from my host vendors VPN (They use OpenVPN)

Can I set it up, using the Container Variable: VPN_PROV: custom?

And then following the great video on how to set this up ;-)

Update I get the following files from my provider:

ca.crt

credentials.conf

openvpn.ovpn

username.crt

username.key

Edited by casperse

Hi all, I just tried to access the webui on my unraid box.  I get "the site cannot be reached" error.  I'm using 8112 as the web gui and I haven't changed anything.  I just switched to PIA and setup a new account.  username and password are correct and I am still getting page cannot be reached.  I followed the SIO video and set everything up in alignment with that, including using the netherlands vpn profile.  Any suggestions?

Hey everyone,

Just started using this container yesterday, and I have made some progress, but I must be missing something along the way. I'm using Mullvad VPN, and I saw back in 2017 someone had issues getting this container started with Mullvad as their VPN provider. By looking through the logs, I can see that the container is filtering out the ipv6 options (which was the original issue back in 2017) but I'm still running into issues. It seems as though OpenVPN keeps stopping and restarting for one reason or another.

The easiest way for me to describe the issue is...

1. Spin up the delugevpn

2. Wait for web ui to initialize, then add a torrent file.

3. Look at tracker status for torrent file, get errors such as " Error: Cannot assign requested address" or "Error: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later".

There are brief glimmers where the VPN is functioning properly and it'll begin to download the file(s), but then I'll see a drop in peers, and I assume it's because OpenVPN is restarting. Attached is my log file with the DEBUG variable set to "true".  Any help is much appreciated!

supervisord.log

9 hours ago, PureCurry said:

There are brief glimmers where the VPN is functioning properly and it'll begin to download the file(s), but then I'll see a drop in peers, and I assume it's because OpenVPN is restarting.

im going to guess you are a qnap user, if so see Q13 in the following link:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

4 hours ago, binhex said:

im going to guess you are a qnap user, if so see Q13 in the following link:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

QNAP makes the strangest configuration choices, I should've known that just from using Container Station for a few hours! I gave up on their GUI and went straight CLI, and I'm definitely not looking back. Editing out that line from daemon_mgr.conf and spinning up a fresh container immediately solved my issue. Downloads are working at full speed with a healthy list of seeders and peers 😁 Thanks a bunch for your help Binhex!! I'll be sure to take a closer look at the FAQ next time.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

I dont normally post for help until i've run up against a wall... and i have.

I cant seem to seed any torrents.

The only time i see any uploading rate is when i'm downloading - afterwards theres no traffic.

This is running behind another linux box firewall and ive done my best to unsure the ports are forwarded to the unraid box.

This isnt new to me, i have many ports forwarded to other points in my network and they all work fine

download speeds are ok, just no upload...

Anything i can check? What config files would you like to see?

Not much for errors in the logfile.

Help! (please)

44 minutes ago, lukesaber said:

ive done my best to unsure the ports are forwarded to the unraid box.

a common misconception, port forwarding on your router/firewall will get you nowhere, the port forwarding has to be done by your vpn provider, so my guess is that you are using a vpn provider that does not allow port forwarding or you havent configured deluge to make use of the port assigned to you by your vpn provider, this will result in low or non existent seeding.

edit - see Q16 from the link below for more details:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=433612

Edited by binhex
On 2/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, jonathanm said:

Thanks for that.  I checked and everything appears to be in order.  After some further digging, I was able to get to the webui by turning off VPN_Enabled.  So I guess it's something i'm doing wrong there.  I have PIA, I loaded the netherlands openvpn profile into appdata\... Are there any instructions on how to setup the VPN piece?  I followed SIO to the t including signing up for PIA.  

Any suggestions or instructions to help?

2 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

So a bunch of binhex containers are showing as "update ready". I updated deluge but the update said it was deleting the container instead. now its gone. what gives?

not sure why its showing updates as i havent pushed anything for at least a couple of weeks+ (delugevpn 29 days), that aside deletion of the container is perfectly normal for an update, when you click on update in the unraid web ui what actually is happening is pull down of the new image, then deletion of the existing container, then re-creation of the new container, keep in mind no configuration should be contained within the container, its all volume mounted to the host via /config, so deletion of the container will mean no loss of config.

so without a screenshot of the commands executed during the update its hard to say why it couldnt re-create the container, im assuming its still in this stuck state right?, can you post a screenshot.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

not sure why its showing updates as i havent pushed anything for at least a couple of weeks+ (delugevpn 29 days), that aside deletion of the container is perfectly normal for an update, when you click on update in the unraid web ui what actually is happening is pull down of the new image, then deletion of the existing container, then re-creation of the new container, keep in mind no configuration should be contained within the container, its all volume mounted to the host via /config, so deletion of the container will mean no loss of config.

so without a screenshot of the commands executed during the update its hard to say why it couldnt re-create the container, im assuming its still in this stuck state right?, can you post a screenshot.

Yeah man. When I checked my containers every container I have said there was un update available. I started with deluge as its first on the list. The container started updating. It processed, deleted the container then stopped. The container was then gone. I had to reinstall it.

1 minute ago, darrenyorston said:

Yeah man. When I checked my containers every container I have said there was un update available. I started with deluge as its first on the list. The container started updating. It processed, deleted the container then stopped. The container was then gone. I had to reinstall it.

Shot in the dark - have you recently filled up your cache drive (assuming your appdata is on your cache)?  I've had problems before when dockers essentially ran out of space and got upset.  If so, you could try going to settings, dockers, and turning them off and on again (or just rebooting Unraid) to restart the docker system.  Then go to the dockers, delete any hanging images, and reinstall any dockers that are no longer on your list (CA, previous installs (or similar text)).

9 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Review the list of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding. netherlands isn't on the list.

Based on the spaceinvaderone video, Netherlands is on the list.  

I kept using a bunch of different profiles until i found one that worked.  Sweden worked for me.  

Another question - once I have pia setup in unraid, is it useful to configure the Proxy config from within deluge?  Or is that like have a vpn within a vpn?

1 minute ago, ledfortr said:

That video is some months old. That's why I pointed you to the post I did, it has a link to the list of supported endpoints. If you would have read the link, it would have saved you some time.

I'm not sure what you mean by proxy config within deluge. Once you can see the webGUI with the vpn enabled set to yes, you are good to go.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ledfortr said:

it was at the time the video was created, not the case for a while now (see comments under the video), also note i have FINALLY found a way to programmatically get a list of PIA port forward enabled endpoints, so if you now check the /config/supervisord.log file you will see i spit out a list which is automatically generated, so check that for the most up to date list.

4 minutes ago, ledfortr said:

Another question - once I have pia setup in unraid, is it useful to configure the Proxy config from within deluge?  Or is that like have a vpn within a vpn?

you are misunderstanding the use of privoxy, see Q3 from the link below:-

edit - sorry @jonathanm looks like we posted at the same time 🙂

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

US Texas end point doesnt support port forwarding.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

Also check your LAN NETWORK config. I am assuming 10.0.0.102 is you unRAID server. If so change the fourth group to 0 and not 102.

page still doesn't load i disable the vpn and it'll load the page but when i enable vpn the page doesn't load.

supervisord.txt

Edited by Ladrek

I'm having an issue with the DelugeVPN container only when I have it configured to use network br0.  I'm not able to connect to the webui from any device on the LAN network. Other containers like Sonarr, Radarr, etc... can see this container and connect to it since they are also on br0 and have a static ip address assigned like the DelugeVPN container.  If I change this container to Bridge Network type I can connect to the WebUI without a problem.  However, I would like to use this with a static IP address for the container.  Also, I proxy my browser traffic through this container using the built in VPN.  The proxy is working fine with all the devices on the LAN configured to use the proxy.  I'm at loss on why the WebUI isn't allowing me to connect to it. 

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Edited by mwells
Update - if I disable the VPN it will connect to the WebUI. Enable it will not with static ip assigned and br0.
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Ladrek said:

page still doesn't load i disable the vpn and it'll load the page but when i enable vpn the page doesn't load.

supervisord.txt

I am also having this issue, not sure why....

I'm getting this error, though I know this is right as I'm pasting it straight out of lastpass. 

2019-02-15 09:30:43,476 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)
Use --help for more information.

OK, so here is the reason: The script for changing the IPTables config isn't doing it's job. 

2019-02-15 10:52:59,253 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Docker interface defined as eth0

2019-02-15 10:52:59,256 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Docker IP defined as 172.17.0.6

2019-02-15 10:52:59,259 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Docker netmask defined as 255.255.0.0

2019-02-15 10:52:59,266 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Docker network defined as    172.17.0.0/16

2019-02-15 10:52:59,271 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 10.10.1.0/24 as route via docker eth0

2019-02-15 10:52:59,272 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ip route defined as follows...

--------------------

2019-02-15 10:52:59,273 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
default via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0 
10.10.1.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0 
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.6 

2019-02-15 10:52:59,273 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

You can see my config settings below (any identifying details have been removed):

2019-02-15 10:52:57.046800 [info] System information Linux a6e839d11b10 4.18.20-unRAID #1 SMP Fri Nov 23 11:38:16 PST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-02-15 10:52:57.073014 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.102041 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.157536 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.182224 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-02-15 10:52:57.212524 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.237505 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.260370 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.290365 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/locale-a09.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/phx-a09.ovpn to Unix format...
2019-02-15 10:52:57.333279 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote VPNSERV.vpn.com 1194'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.357334 [info] VPN_REMOTE defined as 'VPNSERV.vpn.com'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.385161 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '1194'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.416593 [info] VPN_PROTOCOL defined as 'udp'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.441195 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'tun0'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.464199 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'custom'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.488863 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.10.1.0/24'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.512768 [info] NAME_SERVERS defined as '209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.537216 [info] VPN_USER defined as '%USERNAME%'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.560398 [info] VPN_PASS defined as '%PASSWORD%'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.584774 [info] VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'VPNSERV.vpn.com'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.614285 [info] ENABLE_PRIVOXY defined as 'yes'
2019-02-15 10:52:57.638384 [info] Starting Supervisor...

Edited by eagle470
3 hours ago, Ladrek said:

supervisord.txt

Did you even look at the link @darrenyorston posted? According to your log you're still connecting to an endpoint that doesn't support port forwarding. Please check either the link or the log as the list of supported endpoints are in there too, then try again.