[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

2 hours ago, mwells said:

I'm having an issue with the DelugeVPN container only when I have it configured to use network br0.  I'm not able to connect to the webui from any device on the LAN network. Other containers like Sonarr, Radarr, etc... can see this container and connect to it since they are also on br0 and have a static ip address assigned like the DelugeVPN container.  If I change this container to Bridge Network type I can connect to the WebUI without a problem.  However, I would like to use this with a static IP address for the container.  Also, I proxy my browser traffic through this container using the built in VPN.  The proxy is working fine with all the devices on the LAN configured to use the proxy.  I'm at loss on why the WebUI isn't allowing me to connect to it. 

Any ideas?

Thanks 

br0 is currently not supported by this container. Well, the truth is that some of us have it working but most people are unable to connect to the webui using bro and nobody knows why. I've had it working for a long time and it's still working, but I don't know why others have issues. One thing you can try is to set the privileged flag to on, then try again. Other than that I have no idea...

Deluge has started to just say this every time i remove or add a torrent now "The connection to the webserver has been lost!" ony way to get into webgui again is to restart the docker. I have around 600 torrents.

hopefully someone can fix this, its driving me nuts

EDIT: did just click on a torrent now and it stopped working :(

Edited by Raczo
3 minutes ago, Raczo said:

Deluge has started to just say this every time i remove or add a torrent now "The connection to the webserver has been lost!" ony way to get into webgui again is to restart the docker. I have around 600 torrents.

hopefully someone can fix this, its driving me nuts

Deluge doesn't handle many torrents that well, this is a known issue. You might want to look at rtorrentvpn instead, as it's reported to handle 1000++ torrents very well. You also have qbittorrentvpn if you want to try that instead.

2 minutes ago, strike said:

Deluge doesn't handle many torrents that well, this is a known issue. You might want to look at rtorrentvpn instead, as it's reported to handle 1000++ torrents very well. You also have qbittorrentvpn if you want to try that instead.

Okey, can i move my torrents from deluge to rtorrent fast and or easy way?

11 minutes ago, Raczo said:

Okey, can i move my torrents from deluge to rtorrent fast and or easy way?

That I don't know as I've never tried it. Moving the torrents it's the easy part, but you have to set the file location for each torrent then force a recheck to be able to pick up where you left of. I think I remember (vaguely) someone in this thread doing it, so you might find some info if you search (use the site option in google for better search then the forum). 

2 minutes ago, strike said:

That I don't know as I've never tried it. Moving the torrents it's the easy part, but you have to set the file location for each torrent then force a recheck to be able to pick up where you left of. I think I remember (vaguely) someone in this thread doing it, so you might find some info if you search (use the site option in google for better search then the forum). 

well dont have all the .torrent files since sonarr and radarr adds 90% of the torrents. This sucks just did something like this recently :/

34 minutes ago, strike said:

What is the default username and password for rtorrent?

I've got this Docker up and running, using Windscribe VPN. Downloading working fine, but I can't seed/upload at all. I've spent several hours searching this thread and trying various tips, but nothing has worked.

How do I find the IP and port to use on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to confirm my port is accessible? Or is there a better preferred tool/method when OpenVPN is involved?

21 hours ago, binhex said:

not sure why its showing updates as i havent pushed anything for at least a couple of weeks+ (delugevpn 29 days), that aside deletion of the container is perfectly normal for an update, when you click on update in the unraid web ui what actually is happening is pull down of the new image, then deletion of the existing container, then re-creation of the new container, keep in mind no configuration should be contained within the container, its all volume mounted to the host via /config, so deletion of the container will mean no loss of config.

so without a screenshot of the commands executed during the update its hard to say why it couldnt re-create the container, im assuming its still in this stuck state right?, can you post a screenshot.

Resolved it. Seems the docker contain was getting full. Stopped docker and increased its size and all was good. Cant say an auto-delete of the container was great. A warning might have been better.

2 hours ago, Cessquill said:

That's not this docker's fault.  Do you not receive notifications when your container is getting full?

I did not say it was the containers fault. Try reading my post again.

Yes I do receive notifications. All updates are selected, as are all notices, warnings, and alerts. I did not receive a warning. My containers showed as "Update Ready". I updated the container and it deleted it. My only issue is that when I selected update it would have been preferable to be notified the container was going to be deleted. If it had I would not have selected update. Thankfully it was not something or greater value.

According to the O/S my containers total 11.9 GB. My container size was set 20GB when this occurred. As a consequence I raised it to 30GB. I have since raised it to 50GB so as to stave of similar issues in the future.

Edited by darrenyorston
expanded
8 minutes ago, darrenyorston said:

I did not receive a warning.

You did not receive a warning that your container was getting full?  If you did, that was your warning - that's what I'm getting at.  I understand that dockers removing or reporting false updates is frustrating, but there will be unexpected behaviour if you run out of space.  And since dockers don't store any config/data, there's no harm done.

13 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

You did not receive a warning that your container was getting full?  If you did, that was your warning - that's what I'm getting at.  I understand that dockers removing or reporting false updates is frustrating, but there will be unexpected behaviour if you run out of space.  And since dockers don't store any config/data, there's no harm done.

Let me try to make it clearer for you. I DID NOT RECEIVE A WARNING THAT THE CONTAINER WAS GETTING FULL. Furthermore, I would not call 12GB in a 20GB container "getting full". As I said I am not overly concerned that the container was deleted as it was easy enough to re-install. I am more concerned that clicking update caused the container to delete. Makes me hesitant to update any container.

Edited by darrenyorston
addition