[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Let me try to make it clearer for you. I DID NOT RECEIVE A WARNING THAT THE CONTAINER WAS GETTING FULL. Furthermore, I would not call 12GB in a 20GB container "getting full". As I said I am not overly concerned that the container was deleted as it was easy enough to re-install. I am more concerned that clicking update caused the container to delete. Makes me hesitant to update any container.
If you are worried about containers being deleted (you shouldn't be) then you cannot update any images, as doing so will always delete the existing container, that's how it's designed to work.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, binhex said:

If you are worried about containers being deleted (you shouldn't be) then you cannot update any images, as doing so will always delete the existing container, that's how it's designed to work.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Yeah ive noted thats how containers update. I use quite a few of your containers and have never had an issue. As a result i thought nothing of updating the container. I was not surprised when it said the container was deleted. Only when it said it was finished. As i said not a huge issue with deluge as it takes only a few minutes to set up.

1 minute ago, darrenyorston said:

No problem.

Out of interest, if you didn't receive a warning, and space in your container was ~8GB, why do you think it was full?  I get that the issue is solved now and you've resized, but just restarting the docker system (which you'll have done to resize) may have solved the issue

2 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

According to the O/S my containers total 11.9 GB. My container size was set 20GB when this occurred. As a consequence I raised it to 30GB. I have since raised it to 50GB so as to stave of similar issues in the future.

You probably have some issue with your app configuration and increasing it to 50G is only going to make it take longer to fill. It is very unlikely 20G would not be sufficient if you have things configured correctlly.

8 hours ago, BBLV said:

I've got this Docker up and running, using Windscribe VPN. Downloading working fine, but I can't seed/upload at all. I've spent several hours searching this thread and trying various tips, but nothing has worked.

How do I find the IP and port to use on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to confirm my port is accessible? Or is there a better preferred tool/method when OpenVPN is involved?

Do you have a windscribe static IP?

https://windscribe.com/features/port-forwarding

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Do you have a windscribe static IP?

https://windscribe.com/features/port-forwarding

I do not. I didn't realize they offered paid services above the Pro VPN license that I purchased 2 years ago. That's pretty annoying....

Do I need their Static IP to be seen properly by the swarm? I have 5 torrents seeding now and only got very minimal uploading overnight. So I'm being seen, just not to a level that is productive whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, BBLV said:

I do not. I didn't realize they offered paid services above the Pro VPN license that I purchased 2 years ago. That's pretty annoying....

Do I need their Static IP to be seen properly by the swarm? I have 5 torrents seeding now and only got very minimal uploading overnight. So I'm being seen, just not to a level that is productive whatsoever.

You need the static IP (basic is OK, no need for the 2nd tier) and then, you'll setup on their website, the Port Forward manually, and it will give you a .ovpn file that you'll then use with this docker.

• Like 1
On 2/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, strike said:

Please remove anything you have in the options variable and try again.

I got it to connect, but Newshosting doesn't allow port forwarding. I wish there was a way to attach a second NIC and route that way, but I'm at the limits of my Linux knowledge right now, with more pressing work projects to do unfortunately.

Hi everyone,

Maybe a stupid question, but can someone explain me why the eth0 and tun0 values diverge? Should't they kind be the same, since tun0 goes through eth0?

See attached image. This was from the binhex-delugevpn console.

Thanks.

eth0-vs-tun0.png

Edited by l3gion

Just got this docker installed and working, but I'm having issue adding torrents. When adding via File, the upload fails. When attempting to add via URL, it also fails to download the .torrent content and add to the system. The only way I've found so far is to stop the docker, add the .torrent file to a folder which auto-imports into Deluge, then start the docker again and manage the newly added torrents.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

31 minutes ago, seventhaxis said:

Just got this docker installed and working, but I'm having issue adding torrents. When adding via File, the upload fails. When attempting to add via URL, it also fails to download the .torrent content and add to the system. The only way I've found so far is to stop the docker, add the .torrent file to a folder which auto-imports into Deluge, then start the docker again and manage the newly added torrents.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I'd never used the delugesiphon Chrome plugin prior to watching SIO's Youtube install tutorial for this docker, but it was a breeze to install and makes adding torrents painless. Highly recommend it as an addition to this docker.

Edited by BBLV

I had the GUI running fine for 2 days, but I added a static ip OpenVPN config file, restarted my unRAID server, and now can't load the GUI. Log just shows this error:

twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8112: [Errno 98] Address already in use.

I tried removing the Docker and reinstalling, but getting the same error. Any tips? And no, I'm not running another instance of the docker AFAIK.

Edited by BBLV
5 hours ago, BBLV said:

I had the GUI running fine for 2 days, but I added a static ip OpenVPN config file, restarted my unRAID server, and now can't load the GUI. Log just shows this error:

twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8112: [Errno 98] Address already in use.

I tried removing the Docker and reinstalling, but getting the same error. Any tips? And no, I'm not running another instance of the docker AFAIK.

there is only ever one reason for the above message, and that is the port being in use by another plugin/container/vm, your choice is change the port on the host side to be something different to 8112 (8113 for example) for this container or find out what is listening on port 8112 and shut it down or change that to something else.

19 hours ago, BBLV said:

Should my Deluge "Incoming Port" match the port specified in my OpenVPN config file? i.e. OpenVPN has port 1194

thats not the incoming port, thats the port for the vpn endpoint not the same thing at all.

19 hours ago, BBLV said:

Could this be the cause of me not being very connectable?

no, see Q6. for info on that:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

4 hours ago, binhex said:

there is only ever one reason for the above message, and that is the port being in use by another plugin/container/vm, your choice is change the port on the host side to be something different to 8112 (8113 for example) for this container or find out what is listening on port 8112 and shut it down or change that to something else.

The only other docker I have is your PlexPass docker (port 32400, WebGUI works just fine) and I'm still getting the "Address already in use error". I've cleared cache, reinstalled the docker, restarted my router, restarted my server, can't figure it out. Any way to clear all docker/port data and start fresh - do I just uninstall and delete the appdata folder for delugevpn?

7 minutes ago, BBLV said:

The only other docker I have is your PlexPass docker (port 32400, WebGUI works just fine) and I'm still getting the "Address already in use error". I've cleared cache, reinstalled the docker, restarted my router, restarted my server, can't figure it out. Any way to clear all docker/port data and start fresh - do I just uninstall and delete the appdata folder for delugevpn?

try this, issue the following via the console of the host (not the containers console):-

docker ps | grep 8112

it will display containers that are running that are using port 8112.

1 minute ago, BBLV said:

Here's the result

dockerps.png

so there ya go you already have this container running, and its using port 8112 as expected, thats why you cant create another container with the same port, so either work out why this isnt working or delete it and create a new container, my advise is to try and work out why you cant access the web ui for the existing container, if you want to do this then follow the steps in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

43 minutes ago, binhex said:

so there ya go you already have this container running, and its using port 8112 as expected, thats why you cant create another container with the same port, so either work out why this isnt working or delete it and create a new container, my advise is to try and work out why you cant access the web ui for the existing container, if you want to do this then follow the steps in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

That was with the docker running. As soon as I stop the docker and run the same command line, it returns nothing. Here is the screenshot - first line is without the docker running, second line is WITH the docker running.

I also included a screenshot of my docker page for reference. Maybe something funky is going on (this is my first dive into unRAID and I'm just figuring out all of its quirks and nuances, but have watched an insane amount of YT videos and spent hours upon hours in the forums researching).

Thanks for all the help binhex, donation coming your way!

docker screen1.png

dockerps2.png