[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

7 hours ago, kenv said:

docker container just stopped working today, only thing that has changed about my environment is the recent install of Netdata on the host machine.

docker-compose logs attached for delugevpn

deluge logs

if thats the only thing that has changed then i would highly suspect that netdata is your issue, from your logs it def looks network related:-

TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)

I've done that, and apt autoremoved any unused packages on ubuntu....
I would also double check with your VPN provider that the ovpn file you downloaded with the inline certificate is still valid as it's possible that they aren't valid anymore and that's the TLS error

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

whats interesting about SlickVPN is there is no zip file to download, you download a single .ovpn file

remote gw1.ams2.slickvpn.com 443 udp

# host/port of vpn server

# prompt for authentication
auth-user-pass credentials.conf

# equivalent to pull, tls-client
client

# redirect all outgoing traffic to the vpn gateway
redirect-gateway

# verify the server certificate for authenticity
remote-cert-tls server

cipher AES-256-CBC

proto udp
dev tun
keepalive 10 120
nobind

persist-key

# ssl certificate / key used for tls
#ca certs/ca.crt

<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIDQDCCAqmgAwIBAgIJAM8Brk2pUr0KMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUAMHQxCzAJBgNV
BAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJDQTEMMAoGA1UEBxMDVlBOMQwwCgYDVQQKEwNWUE4x
DDAKBgNVBAsTA1ZQTjEMMAoGA1UEAxMDVlBOMQwwCgYDVQQpEwNWUE4xEjAQBgkq
hkiG9w0BCQEWA1ZQTjAeFw0xMjAzMDMwMjExNDJaFw0yMjAzMDEwMjExNDJaMHQx
CzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJDQTEMMAoGA1UEBxMDVlBOMQwwCgYDVQQK
EwNWUE4xDDAKBgNVBAsTA1ZQTjEMMAoGA1UEAxMDVlBOMQwwCgYDVQQpEwNWUE4x
EjAQBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWA1ZQTjCBnzANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOBjQAwgYkCgYEA
wY2K08N7or1Br/EsD9XBon7gs7dKflWYuymgMLJfeMFWuJloNdsn+3GARIhYBbN6
zhvFGFE214qKPqAydW1WmIIK7KoC0sgndr+Vk/au9gssFzVmmvr6+WN/nfo2L9Kv
vBMoYLrMAiyw/D4cRapZi2pXJLcMDfC+p1VWAX8TYWkCAwEAAaOB2TCB1jAdBgNV
HQ4EFgQUmyvO4rTnu5/ABnp0FngU+SdR8WAwgaYGA1UdIwSBnjCBm4AUmyvO4rTn
u5/ABnp0FngU+SdR8WCheKR2MHQxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJDQTEM
MAoGA1UEBxMDVlBOMQwwCgYDVQQKEwNWUE4xDDAKBgNVBAsTA1ZQTjEMMAoGA1UE
AxMDVlBOMQwwCgYDVQQpEwNWUE4xEjAQBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWA1ZQToIJAM8Brk2p
Ur0KMAwGA1UdEwQFMAMBAf8wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQADgYEAoB0kOuGvrzPBTIRX
IDHCCxBMdny+3sKAOllmH4+51j2aWhAJ4Pyc/yBTYyQGNoriABjmNzp+R05oiaxA
D3vTgR80juKDPtQb8LoGLBF18gL7Vtc3+hJXcJasXZaDSSoyh5f+TtGvytIT+ece
JWIrKnFXzlHOvKlyLkcZn15gwKQ=
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>

24 minutes ago, kenv said:

whats interesting about SlickVPN is there is no zip file to download, you download a single .ovpn file

yeah ive seen that before, your question to slickvpn is, is the ca certificate that is embedded in the ovpn file (as shown above) still valid?, or is there a more up to date cert (as in a newer ovpn file).

30 minutes ago, binhex said:

yeah ive seen that before, your question to slickvpn is, is the ca certificate that is embedded in the ovpn file (as shown above) still valid?, or is there a more up to date cert (as in a newer ovpn file).

ok so I downloaded the latest cert and tested it on the Linux host running docker and I am able to connect to the VPN successfully

so i deleted everything and rebuilt and now seeing this error haha

2019-02-22 17:56:26,624 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)
Use --help for more information.

presumably its referring to this line in the .ovpn file: 

in the opevpn folder I have a credentials.conf file with user/pass

Edited by kenv

So after using CP and Transmission for years, I decided t switch t o delugevpn after watching spaceinvader's video, everything seems to be working and set up with PIA but when I use the same example download of unbuntu I am not even getting 1mb/s Netherlands is no longer available in the openvpn so tried

DE Berlin

DE Frankfurt

Switzerland (current openvpn cfg)

But same slow speeds, got privoxy enabled on my Win10 VM and even using speedtest.net is super slow Ping ms 122 Download Mbps 0.36 Upload Mbps 1.84

Havent got around to checking SABnzbd but set up Radarr and Sonarr to use proxy so I am guessing they will be equally slow. Any suggestions on what I can do, also tried a whole other bunch of servers from this list https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

Not sure if its a delugevpn issue or PIA issue - Now using Switerland but still no better.

Sabnzbd is maxing out my connection which is correct because its not usng VPN and uses SSL

Looks like its possibly deluge which is the issue, not sure if I need to configure proxy in preferences, its all set to none.

If I disable Proxy on my VM I get normal download speeds on speedtest ~300Mbps, enable proxy using 192.168.1.3 Port 8118 downloads speeds drop to ~9Mbps

Ubuntu downloading in deluge is around ~342.2 KiB/s

supervisord.log

Edited by bally12345
Log upload
On 2/20/2019 at 7:52 PM, Rudder2 said:

Any ideas anyone?  More information needed?  Please help.

umask is wrong:-

2019-02-19 17:35:27.597474 [info] UMASK defined as '775'

umask is opposite of chmod, so 775 is actually VERY restrictive, go with the default which is 000 or change it to 002 if you want it a little tighter.

Edited by binhex
On 2/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, kenv said:

so i deleted everything and rebuilt and now seeing this error haha

2019-02-22 17:56:26,624 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)
Use --help for more information.

presumably its referring to this line in the .ovpn file: 

in the opevpn folder I have a credentials.conf file with user/pass

please follow the procedure lnked below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&amp;comment=435831

4 hours ago, binhex said:

umask is wrong:-

2019-02-19 17:35:27.597474 [info] UMASK defined as '775'

umask is opposite of chmod, so 775 is actually VERY restrictive, go with the default which is 000 or change it to 002 if you want it a little tighter.

OK, I fixed the UMASK and deleted all the files in the APPS folder and started again.  I get to Sun Feb 24 19:32:55 2019 Initialization Sequence Completed but still the webui and proxy is not accessible.  Here is the new supervisord.log.  The tunnel appears to be transmitting traffic when I ping in the container's bash the tun5 packets go up.  This has me confused. 

Starting to think I need to create a PFSense router and go that route but really would rather just use this docker if possible.  I think I got my username and password fully out of this file...I hope....

Thank you for your help and time on this.

supervisord.log

@Rudder2 this is the issue now:-

2019-02-24 19:32:47,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Feb 24 19:32:47 2019 [vpn] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

so for some reason the tunnel is establishing BUT the built in ping functionality in openvpn is terminating as it cannot ping the other end of the tunnel, this then results in the tunnel being torn down and re-created. 

so the question is, why is this happening?, well my guess is out of date ovpn file, not sure where you have got this from but i would double check with the vpn provider that its up to date, if it is then try another endpoint, maybe the endpoint you are connecting to (dallas) is a bit flaky. 

if you want a hassle free experience then switch to PIA, it just works.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, bally12345 said:

So after using CP and Transmission for years, I decided t switch t o delugevpn after watching spaceinvader's video, everything seems to be working and set up with PIA but when I use the same example download of unbuntu I am not even getting 1mb/s Netherlands is no longer available in the openvpn so tried

DE Berlin

DE Frankfurt

Switzerland (current openvpn cfg)

But same slow speeds, got privoxy enabled on my Win10 VM and even using speedtest.net is super slow Ping ms 122 Download Mbps 0.36 Upload Mbps 1.84

Havent got around to checking SABnzbd but set up Radarr and Sonarr to use proxy so I am guessing they will be equally slow. Any suggestions on what I can do, also tried a whole other bunch of servers from this list https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

Not sure if its a delugevpn issue or PIA issue - Now using Switerland but still no better.

Sabnzbd is maxing out my connection which is correct because its not usng VPN and uses SSL

Looks like its possibly deluge which is the issue, not sure if I need to configure proxy in preferences, its all set to none.

If I disable Proxy on my VM I get normal download speeds on speedtest ~300Mbps, enable proxy using 192.168.1.3 Port 8118 downloads speeds drop to ~9Mbps

Ubuntu downloading in deluge is around ~342.2 KiB/s

supervisord.log

have a look at the link below for hints on how to fix this, Q6:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

2 hours ago, binhex said:

have a look at the link below for hints on how to fix this, Q6:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

I have checked everything and as far as I can tell its looks ok, I am going to download the PIA app directly to my laptop and win10 vm to rule VPN issue or just a deluge config issue.

I have attached some screenshot if you dont mind checking to see if there is anything wrong, but then I am also thinking this should be affect privoxy and speeds I am getting through Chrome ?

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.22.33.png

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.23.05.png

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.23.17.png

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.23.41.png

@bally12345 two issues i can see from your screenshot:-

1. upload lmit of 5KB/s - this is WAY too low, remember torrent protocol uses tit-for-tat, you wont get high download rates without giving back, increase this to around 70% of your max upload rate for your line.

2. incoming port set to random - i cant remember which vpn provider you are with, but without a working incoming port your speeds are going to be very low, you need to sort this, each vpn provider is different, for PIA i set this up for you.

21 minutes ago, binhex said:
[mention=62199]bally12345[/mention] two issues i can see from your screenshot:-

1. upload lmit of 5KB/s - this is WAY too low, remember torrent protocol uses tit-for-tat, you wont get high download rates without giving back, increase this to around 70% of your max upload rate for your line.

2. incoming port set to random - i cant remember which vpn provider you are with, but without a working incoming port your speeds are going to be very low, you need to sort this, each vpn provider is different, for PIA i set this up for you.

1. The upload limit I changed from unlimited to 5 now too 300 just to test.

2. Unchecked randomize ports

Still slow

withoutPrivoxy.png

withPrivoxy.png

Edited by bally12345
Speedtest results
2 minutes ago, binhex said:

you may of unchecked randomize incoming port, BUT have you allocated it a working incoming port from your vpn provider? please be aware of this Q16.:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&amp;comment=433612

I am using PIA (Switzerland) STRICT_PORT_FORWARD is set to yes so it should be automatic is that correct? Might just restart the docker

Stopping container: binhex-delugevpn
Successfully stopped container 'binhex-delugevpn'

Removing container: binhex-delugevpn
Successfully removed container 'binhex-delugevpn'

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-delugevpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='REMOVED' -e 'VPN_PASS'='REMOVED' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4' -e 'DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8112:8112/tcp' -p '58846:58846/tcp' -p '58946:58946/tcp' -p '58946:58946/udp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/Deluge/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-delugevpn' 
339eedae0d06cbfe5c913062d60d72f3ef619952cd81446f131138362ca6cb32

The command finished successfully!

Yes that is automatic, you will need to restart in order for the incoming port to be configured

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Yeh still no good, after restarting the docker was getting good speeds on speedtest on my VM but deluge was still slow. Might try another app and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

Yeh still no good, after restarting the docker was getting good speeds on speedtest on my VM but deluge was still slow. Might try another app and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

did you check to see if deluge did indeed have a dynamically allocated incoming port?