[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I needed to create a new container for deluge-vpn after changing my vpn password, but now I keep getting some errors when I check the container logs.
I've been on an older image for quite some time (a couple of years probably), just starting and stopping it as needed, in case that matters.

The errors from the container logs:

[warn] 'iptable_mangle' kernel module not available, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
2019-03-01T16:56:11.451257413Z [info] unRAID users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
2019-03-01T16:56:11.451265784Z [info] Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
2019-03-01T16:56:11.451273999Z 
2019-03-01T16:56:11.451394124Z 2019-03-01 17:56:11,451 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2019-03-01T16:56:11.451406522Z [info] Synology users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- 'insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko'

2019-03-01T16:56:18.965140888Z Fri Mar  1 17:56:18 2019 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19)
2019-03-01T16:56:18.965149495Z Fri Mar  1 17:56:18 2019 Exiting due to fatal error

Checked the tun device and iptable_mangle in the container, they're not found:

[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# cat /dev/net/tun 
cat: /dev/net/tun: No such device
[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# modprobe tun
modprobe: FATAL: Module tun not found in directory /lib/modules/4.20.12-arch1-1-ARCH
[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# /sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle
modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.20.12-arch1-1-ARCH
[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# 

I'm running the container from a docker-compose file like this:

version: '3.2'
services:
  deluge-vpn:
    restart: unless-stopped
    image: binhex/arch-delugevpn
    container_name: deluge-vpn
    cap_add:
     - NET_ADMIN
    ports:
     - 8112:8112
     - 8118:8118
     - 58846:58846
     - 58946:58946
    environment:
     - PUID=1000
     - PGID=100
     - VPN_ENABLED=yes
     - VPN_USER=*username*
     - VPN_PASS=*password*
     - VPN_PROV=custom
     - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
     - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
     - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
     - NAME_SERVERS=*ip-numbers*
     - DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info
     - DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info
     - DEBUG=false
     - UMASK=000
    volumes:
     - /apps/docker/deluge/data:/data
     - /apps/docker/deluge/config:/config
     - /home/user/.config/deluge/state:/config/state
     - /mnt/Downloads:/mnt/Downloads
     - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

My host machine is running Arch, on which I'm not connecting to openvpn at the moment.

What am I missing?

I needed to create a new container for deluge-vpn after changing my vpn password, but now I keep getting some errors when I check the container logs.

I've been on an older image for quite some time (a couple of years probably), just starting and stopping it as needed, in case that matters.

The errors from the container logs:

[warn] 'iptable_mangle' kernel module not available, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN2019-03-01T16:56:11.451257413Z [info] unRAID users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'2019-03-01T16:56:11.451265784Z [info] Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'2019-03-01T16:56:11.451273999Z 2019-03-01T16:56:11.451394124Z 2019-03-01 17:56:11,451 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:2019-03-01T16:56:11.451406522Z [info] Synology users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- 'insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko'...2019-03-01T16:56:18.965140888Z Fri Mar  1 17:56:18 2019 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19)2019-03-01T16:56:18.965149495Z Fri Mar  1 17:56:18 2019 Exiting due to fatal error

Checked the tun device and iptable_mangle in the container, they're not found:

[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# cat /dev/net/tun cat: /dev/net/tun: No such device[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# modprobe tunmodprobe: FATAL: Module tun not found in directory /lib/modules/4.20.12-arch1-1-ARCH[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# /sbin/modprobe iptable_manglemodprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.20.12-arch1-1-ARCH[root@2dce11e396c5 /]# 

I'm running the container from a docker-compose file like this:

version: '3.2'services: deluge-vpn:   restart: unless-stopped   image: binhex/arch-delugevpn   container_name: deluge-vpn   cap_add:    - NET_ADMIN   ports:    - 8112:8112    - 8118:8118    - 58846:58846    - 58946:58946   environment:    - PUID=1000    - PGID=100    - VPN_ENABLED=yes    - VPN_USER=*username*    - VPN_PASS=*password*    - VPN_PROV=custom    - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes    - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes    - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24    - NAME_SERVERS=*ip-numbers*    - DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info    - DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info    - DEBUG=false    - UMASK=000   volumes:    - /apps/docker/deluge/data:/data    - /apps/docker/deluge/config:/config    - /home/user/.config/deluge/state:/config/state    - /mnt/Downloads:/mnt/Downloads    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

My host machine is running Arch, on which I'm not connecting to openvpn at the moment.

What am I missing?

See here for solution to tun:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/issues/10

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, binhex said:

See here for solution to tun:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/issues/10

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I checked the issue on github but I'm not quite following what you are suggesting I do. Are you saying I should enter the container when I create it and run the tun parts of the start.sh script at line 148 from another container? It didn't work when I tried.

Why is the tun check not added to the delugevpn container, if it's a known issue?

6 hours ago, 7thSon said:

Are you saying I should enter the container when I create it and run the tun parts of the start.sh script at line 148 from another container? It didn't work when I tried.

no im saying you need to add the following to your docker-compose or run command as per fryfrog's comments:-

--device=/dev/net/tun

6 hours ago, 7thSon said:

Why is the tun check not added to the delugevpn container, if it's a known issue?

it is already included, this particular problem only affects arch linux users, and as the fix is done n the host there is nothing i can do to fix it up for you automatically.

20 hours ago, binhex said:

no im saying you need to add the following to your docker-compose or run command as per fryfrog's comments:-

--device=/dev/net/tun

it is already included, this particular problem only affects arch linux users, and as the fix is done n the host there is nothing i can do to fix it up for you automatically.

I added the below lines in my docker-compose file, but I'm still getting the same error?

devices:
      - /dev/net/tun:/dev/net/tun

Also tried it like this with the same outcome:

devices:
      - /dev/net/tun

EDIT: Ah, I had a docker update pending, after a reboot it works again :)

Edited by 7thSon

Hello, i got a problem with Delugevpn, VPN and Speed is perfect except for connecting from a Windows Thin client. It doesn't matter how many users i create i just can't connect to the docker to config the RSS Plugin. Sonarr works with the Docker but for my needs the RSS Feed auto add torrents would be better and no other Torrent Docker has RSS Support.

I have DelugeVPN working mostly as expected, but occasionally I'll get a torrent showing a red "Error" bar in the Progress column (this morning it was 4 different torrents). I force a recheck and it usually fixes itself, but the last few times it has bounced right back to error. Any known solution for this?

I just rebuilt my docker image file after it was somehow corrupted. Memory issue, cache pool issue, ??

Edited by BBLV

Some questions about Deluge.

1. Can I not add more than 1 torrent at a time via the "Add+" button? It seems it only allows me to select a single .torrent to add. I can't hold control/shift and select more than one file at a time. This is highly unintuitive.

2. Turning on a plugin (e.g. blocklist) works fine, but as soon as the container is restarted the plugin is disabled and needs to be re-enabled again.

3. Is it not possible to select "labels" for torrents? It seems the only way you can sort them is by tracker, but the default view shows all of them. In my case a list of over 500 torrents with no way to sort them by label. I have some torrents from specific trackers that I wanted to separate into more than 1 group but it doesn't seem possible.

I remember Deluge being way more intuitive than this. With ruTorrent being so slow at deleting files and the performance being pretty low and resource usage very high. qBittorrent having horrible speed issues but otherwise being flawless, and Deluge not having labels, muti-add of .torrents and that I need to re-enable plugins, it looks like Transmission is probably my last resort but you don't have a TransmissionVPN docker container.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:48 PM, BBLV said:

I have DelugeVPN working mostly as expected, but occasionally I'll get a torrent showing a red "Error" bar in the Progress column (this morning it was 4 different torrents). I force a recheck and it usually fixes itself, but the last few times it has bounced right back to error. Any known solution for this?

I just rebuilt my docker image file after it was somehow corrupted. Memory issue, cache pool issue, ??

Turns out there's an error in the way the dashboard reports the free/used space for a cache pool. Even though it shows that I have ~500GB free, because one of my SSD cache drives is 512GB and the other is 1TB, the total available space is only ~1TB even though the dashboard shows ~1.5TB.... I believe this has been causing me a HUGE headache on all of my dockers!!! Tempted to just buy a single 2TB NVME drive and call it a day.

1 hour ago, BBLV said:

Turns out there's an error in the way the dashboard reports the free/used space for a cache pool. Even though it shows that I have ~500GB free, because one of my SSD cache drives is 512GB and the other is 1TB, the total available space is only ~1TB even though the dashboard shows ~1.5TB....

Yes the reported size is wrong and a known issue. You don't mention how you have cache pool configured, so I don't know if the answer you gave here is right either.

The default configuration of raid1 would only give 512GB for those 2 disks.

raid0 would give that answer of 1TB.

But there is a way to get the 1.5TB total capacity of the disks if that's what you want.

See the Cache Drive/Pool section of the FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-554741

58 minutes ago, trurl said:

Yes the reported size is wrong and a known issue. You don't mention how you have cache pool configured, so I don't know if the answer you gave here is right either.

The default configuration of raid1 would only give 512GB for those 2 disks.

raid0 would give that answer of 1TB.

But there is a way to get the 1.5TB total capacity of the disks if that's what you want.

See the Cache Drive/Pool section of the FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-554741

Thanks for the link. I'll look into that tonight.

Is there a way to setup DelugeVPN so that upon completion of a torrent it moves it to the array and continues to seed? That's where I'm hitting the cache capacity wall, because I want to continue to seed, but the smaller cache ssd drives make that an impossibility.

1 hour ago, BBLV said:

Is there a way to setup DelugeVPN so that upon completion of a torrent it moves it to the array and continues to seed? That's where I'm hitting the cache capacity wall, because I want to continue to seed, but the smaller cache ssd drives make that an impossibility.

I use Radarr or Sonarr for this. Also use a UD mounted disk for torrents rather than cache (let’s me use a higher capacity spinner).

Edited by wgstarks
Some questions about Deluge.

2. Turning on a plugin (e.g. blocklist) works fine, but as soon as the container is restarted the plugin is disabled and needs to be re-enabled again.

3. Is it not possible to select "labels" for torrents? It seems the only way you can sort them is by tracker, but the default view shows all of them. In my case a list of over 500 torrents with no way to sort them by label. I have some torrents from specific trackers that I wanted to separate into more than 1 group but it doesn't seem possible.

I had this problem and fixed it by installing the plugin, re-starting deluge from within the container, i.e. from the deluge file menu, and then restarting the container itself. Plugin has persisted all restarts since.

There is a label plugin you can just turn on that will give the sorting options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, BBLV said:

In the Deluge UI, Preferences -> DownLoads, 'Move completed to:'

I've searched for this error, but haven't yet found a satisfactory answer.. my issue has been when creating a torrent from the webui, the application correctly asks for the location of the file i intend to share. But instead of getting a window with the file structure of the unraid box the container sits on, i get the windows file view of my client pc. As such i navigate to the network share, select the file and upload.. The upload takes upwards of an hour and fills my docker file.. why is this? is it trying to upload the file (already on my unraid box) by first routing it thorugh windows? i mean only that would explain why it takes forever for the file to get  uploaded...  as comparison, i'm able to upload a file in rutorrent with no difficulties. is this the inherent behavior of deluge?  do others get this to?

Edited by pimogo

Hoping I could get some help. I've been using DelugeVPN for like a year with no issues. Yesterday I stopped every docker container except for Plex and I performed a parity check. Everything seemed to go fine -- found 5 errors that were corrected. When I restarted the rest of my containers (DelugeVPN, Sonarr, Radarr, and Jackett) they all started without issue. However, when Sonarr found new downloads and loaded them into DelugeVPN they immediately went to the "Error" status and won't download. I tried manually adding a torrent via a magnet link and downloading the .torrent file first and the same thing happened.

When I go to the Details tab in Deluge, the Status of the torrent says "Permission denied: /data/Incomplete/[file name]".

I did not change any settings in Deluge after the parity check, and the paths all look the same as they did before the parity check when everything worked fine. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? I'm not sure exactly how to proceed. So any help would be appreciated.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:06 AM, Jorgen said:

I had this problem and fixed it by installing the plugin, re-starting deluge from within the container, i.e. from the deluge file menu, and then restarting the container itself. Plugin has persisted all restarts since.

There is a label plugin you can just turn on that will give the sorting options.

How do you restart deluge from within the container?

The settings should be in the binhex-delugevpn/web.conf here:

{
  "file": 1, 
  "format": 1
}{
  "port": 8112, 
  "enabled_plugins": [], 

Except that mine is empty. I want the blocklist and label plugin to be enabled.

Edited by plantsandbinary
On 3/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, plantsandbinary said:

How do you restart deluge from within the container? 

Yeah sorry about that, I wrote it from memory and deluge doesn't have a file menu...

To get the plugins to stick:

1. Enable the plugin in deluge preferences

2. Open connection manager

797679150_connectionmanager.png.d821a76584bc6f016c5c952f641e8091.png

3. Select the host you're connected to

4. Stop the daemon (at this point you can check that the plugin has been added to core.conf)

5. Start the daemon

6. Connect to the now running daemon

7. Stop and start the container

8. Open deluge preferences and confirm plugin is now enabled

Please report back if this solves the problem for you

• Upvote 1
On 3/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, IamSpartacus said:

Has anyone been able to get the WebAPI plugin installed in this container to enable Organizr V2 to talk to Deluge?  When I go to install the plugin it never shows an option to check off and thus isn't working.

Try the steps in the post above to restart the daemon from within deluge UI after enabling the plugin

On 3/15/2019 at 12:00 AM, Caldorian said:

Has anyone been able to get the Pieces plugin (https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/Pieces) to work successfully with this? The best I've ever gotten is for the tab to show up, but nothing to be shown in the tab. Most of the time for me, it ends up where the Web UI can't connect to the running instance.

I've been using the Pieces plugin for years - I don't remember having to do anything special to get it working.  It works with WebUI and remote client.  I'm not sure what to advise - it just works for me!

On 3/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, Jorgen said:

Yeah sorry about that, I wrote it from memory and deluge doesn't have a file menu...

To get the plugins to stick:

1. Enable the plugin in deluge preferences

2. Open connection manager

797679150_connectionmanager.png.d821a76584bc6f016c5c952f641e8091.png

3. Select the host you're connected to

4. Stop the daemon (at this point you can check that the plugin has been added to core.conf)

5. Start the daemon

6. Connect to the now running daemon

7. Stop and start the container

8. Open deluge preferences and confirm plugin is now enabled

Please report back if this solves the problem for you

Thanks it actually worked.

Although the next day I went back to qBittorrent because I can't handle how slow Deluge is and that I can't shift-select multiple torrent files.

Thanks for such a great deluge/vpn combo 

Having an issue where many of my torrents when rechecked are at 96+ percent but had finished at 100%.  Originally the download folder was a mounted smb volume that is a stablebit drivepool volume - have used utorrent in the past to it and never had an issue.  Thinking the smb mount was the problem i changed to internal unraid storage and then when completed the files would move to the smb volume.  Now i have seen files where on recheck 40% of the file is missing.  Obviously others are not having this issue and i feel like i'm missing something simple.  Could this be a vpn issue? Thank you for your help

Sorry forgot to point to @binhex

Edited by mcrommert

Also getting the AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED message trying to connect to SurfShark VPN service and not able to connect to the docker. I have downloaded and uploaded the OpenVPN files to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn and entered the user and pass that is generated by SurfShark. I have also tried my login creds. that I created for SurfShark and still no luck. Not sure what else to do. 

Edited by ProAm500
more info
11 minutes ago, ProAm500 said:

Also getting the AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED message trying to connect to SurfShark VPN service and not able to connect to the docker. I have downloaded and uploaded the OpenVPN files to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn and entered the user and pass that is generated by SurfShark. I have also tried my login creds. that I created for SurfShark and still no luck. Not sure what else to do. 

Be sure to not use any special characters in your username/password, use only 0-9,a-z,A-Z