[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

@binhex Thanks for answering my previous question. I'm encountering another kink with deploying the image through docker swarm vs compose. 

In my docker-compose designed to be deployed as a swarm stack, I have declared the environment variables similar to what I had done as a docker-compose.yml file. However, I noticed that the resulting container created from this service/stack is not reading the environment variables such as PGID/PUID, etc declared in the swarm stack compose file. As a result, the container encounters permission errors on the volume and crashes. 

Is it normal that swarm stack compose file env variables are not passed to the created containers? If so, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance. Moving my docker-compose to swarm has been more of a headache than most people say... :(

6 hours ago, emteedubs said:

@binhex Thanks for answering my previous question. I'm encountering another kink with deploying the image through docker swarm vs compose. 

In my docker-compose designed to be deployed as a swarm stack, I have declared the environment variables similar to what I had done as a docker-compose.yml file. However, I noticed that the resulting container created from this service/stack is not reading the environment variables such as PGID/PUID, etc declared in the swarm stack compose file. As a result, the container encounters permission errors on the volume and crashes. 

Is it normal that swarm stack compose file env variables are not passed to the created containers? If so, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance. Moving my docker-compose to swarm has been more of a headache than most people say... :(

sorry my experience with docker swarm is limited you will need to do some googling on that, tbh im not really sure what value you are going to get out of docker swarm, things like HA, failover etc are not required as this image auto restarts openvpn and deluge on crash/disconnection.

1 hour ago, Kopernikus said:

Hi,

I'm using this docker image now for 3 months on my Synology 916+ NAS, all working fine, thx btw.

Now I was wondering how can I update the image to latest version without having to reconfigure everything?

Thx

best asking this on the synology forums, it will be the same procedure as for all docker containers, in short it would be:-

1. a docker stop of the container

2. a docker delete of the container

3. a docker pull of the image

4. a docker run to create the container

how you achieve the above will vary, some platforms allow you to do it through the ui (like unraid) others its pure command line, check and see if synology have an app for something called 'watchtower' as it will automate the above - link https://github.com/v2tec/watchtower

15 hours ago, Greygoose said:

Hi Binhex,

I'm getting these errors, what do they man and how can i correct them please?

2.thumb.png.b85855535b7d56e0414d92a60cbda329.png1.thumb.png.6862847f0d2a125ea5fa7b16056d7239.png

your google fu is obviously not too good :-), first two matches from google:-

https://openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-users/2007-07/msg00104.html

also read this:-

https://airvpn.org/topic/4383-tls-tls-process-killed-expiring-key/

spoiler alert:- the errors can safely be ignored

the warning is purely that the file that contains your user credentials (or not in your case as you are using airvpn) is readable by other users, but as this is a container with no additional users accessing it, it is of no consequence and can also be ignored.

Wondering if i could get some help with an error. My deluge has been working fine for months with my VPN. recently I had to reset my PW, and after updating in the docker information I cannot access the Deluge docker anymore. 

From the logs the VPN seems to connect ok, but I have even disabled the VPN connection and it seems to be the same error. 

[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2019-03-26 08:47:36,496 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
Unhandled error in Deferred:

2019-03-26 08:47:36,497 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/main.py", line 241, in start_daemon
Daemon(options, args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/daemon.py", line 170, in __init__
component.start("PreferencesManager")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/component.py", line 296, in start
deferreds.append(self.components[name]._component_start())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/component.py", line 124, in _component_start
d = maybeDeferred(self.start)
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 151, in maybeDeferred
result = f(*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/preferencesmanager.py", line 186, in start
self._on_set_encryption)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/config.py", line 319, in register_set_function
function(key, self.__config[key])
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/preferencesmanager.py", line 362, in _on_set_encryption
lt.enc_policy(self.config["enc_out_policy"])
exceptions.OverflowError: can't convert negative value to unsigned

I have removed the docker and reinstalled from template, but same issues, I have attached the 'full' log but please let me know if there is more info i can provide. 

Much thanks,

samtrois

deluge.log

9 hours ago, samtrois said:

have removed the docker and reinstalled from template, but same issues, I have attached the 'full' log but please let me know if there is more info i can provide. 

this looks like a badly configured/corrupt deluge configuration, it looks like a value for encryption is set to a negative decimal value, and thus its blowing up, to fix it you can either waqde through the config file and try and find the offending value or simply reset the config file by renaming the file /config/core.conf (i think thats the name) to /config/core.conf.old and then restart the container, this will get you back up and running but you will of course need to reconfigure completed, incomplete etc.

Hi guys I've had some difficulty trying to get remote access. I'd like to utilize the windows client machine I have as my daily driver and the deluge application to manage the docker container instead of the webUI. I put in the IP address of my unraid machine and the port number to connect to along with various combinations of username and password and I can't seem to get it to work...is there something I'm missing here? 

1 hour ago, rbh00723 said:

Hi guys I've had some difficulty trying to get remote access. I'd like to utilize the windows client machine I have as my daily driver and the deluge application to manage the docker container instead of the webUI. I put in the IP address of my unraid machine and the port number to connect to along with various combinations of username and password and I can't seem to get it to work...is there something I'm missing here? 

Edit the auth file located in your delugevpn appdata dir. Add the user/pass on a new line in this format: 

username:password:10

restart the container and you should be able to connect

40 minutes ago, strike said:

Edit the auth file located in your delugevpn appdata dir. Add the user/pass on a new line in this format: 

This was already in my auth file. ?

16 hours ago, binhex said:

it looks like a value for encryption is set to a negative decimal value, 

my core.conf had 

"enc_in_policy": -1, 
  "enc_out_policy": -1, 

I renamed and made a new one, where the enc_in value is 1, and there is no enc_out. I'm back up and running, thanks a lot. 

Hi guys!

Trying to use VPN in deluge but keep getting this error when starting up the docker:  Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)

Using Privateinternetaccess via switzerland

Read throught this topic but could not make any sense of it... Not using any special character in id or password. Followed SpaceinvaderOne guide. I´ll link the sipervisord.log file and maybe someone can help me :)

All best!

// Linus

supervisord.log

52 minutes ago, linusgrip said:

Hi guys!

Trying to use VPN in deluge but keep getting this error when starting up the docker:  Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)

Using Privateinternetaccess via switzerland

Read throught this topic but could not make any sense of it... Not using any special character in id or password. Followed SpaceinvaderOne guide. I´ll link the sipervisord.log file and maybe someone can help me :)

All best!

// Linus

supervisord.log

this is not correct:-

2019-03-27 17:09:38.628346 [info] VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'swiss.privateinternetaccess.com'

VPN_OPTIONS is used to define advanced openvpn options NOT the endpoint, this is controlled via the ovpn file that you copied to /config/openvpn/ which at present looking at your logs is the netherlands, if you want port forwarding working then do not use the netherlands (no longer supports port forwarding).

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, strike said:

restart the container and you should be able to connect

so then when I try to connect to it on the remote machine i enter no username at all and then 10 as the password?

7 minutes ago, binhex said:

this is not correct:-

2019-03-27 17:09:38.628346 [info] VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'swiss.privateinternetaccess.com'

VPN_OPTIONS is used to define advanced openvpn options NOT the endpoint, this is controlled via the ovpn file that you copied to /config/openvpn/ which at present looking at your logs is the netherlands, if you want port forwarding working then do not use the netherlands (no longer supports port forwarding).

Thank you! Saved my day :) 

2 hours ago, rbh00723 said:

so then when I try to connect to it on the remote machine i enter no username at all and then 10 as the password?

no, you enter the username and password you set in the auth file. Where "username" is your username and "password" is your password.

I'm having trouble with deluge deleting completed torrents. 

I have a simple setup downloading to data/incomplete then moving finished ones to data/complete. It seems when I get to the complete part it's deleting things instead of moving to complete. Then the torrent has a status of "No such file at this location".

Anyone else ever see this? I'm wondering if maybe another app is interfering or something.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, shaunvis said:

I'm having trouble with deluge deleting completed torrents. 

I have a simple setup downloading to data/incomplete then moving finished ones to data/complete. It seems when I get to the complete part it's deleting things instead of moving to complete. Then the torrent has a status of "No such file at this location".

Anyone else ever see this? I'm wondering if maybe another app is interfering or something.

Thanks

Sounds more like a mapping issue. Post your docker mappings, and your storage paths in the deluge config.

Just now, jonathanm said:

Sounds more like a mapping issue. Post your docker mappings, and your storage paths in the deluge config.

I'd agree but it's not every torrent. Some work fine. 

For example yesterday I grabbed 2 versions of the same movie. One theatrical, one Director's cut.

They both finished. One went to the completed folder, the other disappeared and said there was no file at location /complete/filename. 

I turned off the move to completed option and am trying again but I'm wondering what else could cause something like this.