[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hi since the recent Deluge update I found that Couchpotato can no longer connect to the daemon on Port 58846 (Test connection failed). I checked the deluge auth file and my username:password:10 entry still exists.

Any ideas what I can try to debug the issue?

Update: Connection test successful from Couchpotato when rolling back to "binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04" 

Edited by hawors
29 minutes ago, ceb0610 said:

Plugins don't seem to work for V2. Lost my "Sequential Download" and "Simple Extractor" plugins. Is there a workaround or will I have to revert?

If you read the release notes for deluge v2, you will see that v1 plugins will need to be modified/re-written.

7 hours ago, loz678 said:

thanks. For anyone else who wants to move back to pre-V2, it's "binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04"

Thank you very much, made this very easy for me! 

I might have been a little quick on the trigger. All of my torrents disappeared. 

Edited by Halvliter
2 hours ago, PeterB said:

If you read the release notes for deluge v2, you will see that v1 plugins will need to be modified/re-written.

Thanks. I hadn't taken a look at them. Looks like the only plugin I would need to replace is "Simple Extractor". New features in "2.0" seem to cover the rest. Here's hoping they allow the built-in extractor to work while "Move Compeleted" is enabled in the next release.

Hi since the recent Deluge update I found that Couchpotato can no longer connect to the daemon on Port 58846 (Test connection failed). I checked the deluge auth file and my username:password:10 entry still exists.

Any ideas what I can try to debug the issue?

Update: Connection test successful from Couchpotato when rolling back to "binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04" 

Check the deluge web UI there is an option to allow remote connections, tick it and see if that fixes it

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Halvliter said:

Thank you very much, made this very easy for me! 

I might have been a little quick on the trigger. All of my torrents disappeared. 

All of mine disappeared after the move to V2. I had to drop back to the previous version and restore a backup to restore (most) of my torrents. Lesson learned for me, backup more often and switch off auto update! 

1 hour ago, macieksoft said:

I wasn't able to connect to any trackers though, including public on the new version....

i find this hard to believe, most public trackers dont give a fig what client you use - just tested and no issues for me with public trackers.

Edited by binhex
4 hours ago, binhex said:

Check the deluge web UI there is an option to allow remote connections, tick it and see if that fixes it

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm having the same issue and remote connections is enabled. I connect from a Windows computer, however the deluge website shows no plans for 2.x on mac nor windows... Are you able to duplicate this?

Hello, the update to v2 have been done automatically and it resulted to make the torrent.state file empty, it there a way to restore it ?

With the new feature on V2 where we can browse on folders, is there a way for the browsable folders to be with the docker paths and not the computer path ? cause it's not the same for me and it lead to conflict. Thank you for your time and your great work.

1 hour ago, hmoney007 said:

I'm having the same issue and remote connections is enabled. I connect from a Windows computer, however the deluge website shows no plans for 2.x on mac nor windows... Are you able to duplicate this?

Actually, the Deluge website shows that Mac and Windows versions are not yet complete but they do have instructions on how to install v2 on those systems.

https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro/01-install.html

Looks like most Windows users maybe SOL for the time being though.

Looks like you’ll have to update to v2 for GTK to work. Should be able to connect via the webUI though.

Did this do something to Privoxy?  It automatically updated, and now private torrent sites dont work.  So I downgraded it (lost all my torrents) and privoxy does not work anymore.  If I have proxy activated in my internet browser I cant connect to the internet at all anymore.  Also double checked in diluge settings, it is still activated there as well.

Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Might try restoring from backup. I lost all my torrents and couldn't connect from gtk after downgrading back to v1. Got everything back after the restore.

Do you use privoxy? Was it affected? I'm less concerned about the torrents being lost, as I can just re-download them and with them in my incomplete folder, it'll reconnect. 

I'm more concerned about the privoxy as I can't connect to my private sites without that. 

6 minutes ago, coltonc18 said:

Do you use privoxy? Was it affected? I'm less concerned about the torrents being lost, as I can just re-download them and with them in my incomplete folder, it'll reconnect. 

I'm more concerned about the privoxy as I can't connect to my private sites without that. 

I do use it. Can’t say that I noticed any problems with on v2 or v1.

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Actually, the Deluge website shows that Mac and Windows versions are not yet complete but they do have instructions on how to install v2 on those systems.

https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro/01-install.html

Looks like most Windows users maybe SOL for the time being though.

Looks like you’ll have to update to v2 for GTK to work. Should be able to connect via the webUI though. 

I am unfamiliar with intrepid and incorrectly assumed it wasn't possible to build it on my own. The webui works fine, sure, but the whole reason i use this container and deluge GTK specifically is to be able to use my windows 10 vm to click magnet links and then have them download and live on my array.

Upgrade to the deluge v2.03 version appears to have completed without major incident.  I did take a prior copy of the deluge appdata folder, but it wasn't needed.

Deluge v2 doesn't appear to have hit the mint/ubuntu repositories yet, so I went to the deluge ppa to upgrade my thin client.

All working well!

Edit:

One oddity to report.  I have the scheduler enabled, and everything I'd done with upgrade and testing had been during a 'slow speed' period.  I noticed that, while uploads had been running, I hadn't seen any download activity - downloads only started running when I set the current schedule period to 'high speed'.  After that, I set back to 'low speed' and downloads continued running.

Oh, and others have reported, I don't seem to be able to get the CouchPotato connection to Deluge working (from the Binhex CP docker).

Edited by PeterB
Add info about scehduler
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, PeterB said:

Oh, and others have reported, I don't seem to be able to get the CouchPotato connection to Deluge working (from the Binhex CP docker).

i will take a look at this today, dont hold your breath though, its probably that CP is now not compatible with Deluge 2.x due to code changes.

Edited by binhex

Interesting glitches after updating. It seems Radarr will not authenticate my password for my Deluge, but if manually searching and downloading files are still sent to Deluge. Sonarr works just fine. Could be something I am doing wrong but seems strange to happen immediately after updating to V2