[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

1 minute ago, gcalaway said:

It seems Radarr will not authenticate my password for my Deluge,

This doesnt really suprise me, Radarr dev's will need to come up to speed with Deluge 2.x, there is no doubt been some major rework of the Deluge API, which is probably what Radarr uses to talk to Deluge, there is going to be a time gap until all of this sort of thing is shaken out.

17 minutes ago, binhex said:

This doesnt really suprise me, Radarr dev's will need to come up to speed with Deluge 2.x, there is no doubt been some major rework of the Deluge API, which is probably what Radarr uses to talk to Deluge, there is going to be a time gap until all of this sort of thing is shaken out.

Makes sense, Was just a little surprised since it is just a fork of sonarr and the sonarr was working. Rolled back to "binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04", lost download files from ui, but thats not a big deal. Everything working again! Excited to be able to use v2 soon!

7 minutes ago, gcalaway said:

Makes sense, Was just a little surprised since it is just a fork of sonarr and the sonarr was working. Rolled back to "binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04", lost download files from ui, but thats not a big deal. Everything working again! Excited to be able to use v2 soon!

quick search on radarr issues list reveals this:- https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/issues/3562

and noticed that sonarr are ahead of the game and patched it 🙂 https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/2412

Edited by binhex
57 minutes ago, binhex said:

i will take a look at this today, dont hold your breath though, its probably that CP is now not compatible with Deluge 2.x due to code changes.

Okay - it would be a shame to loose CP. I still cannot accept the fact that sonarr/radarr enforce one movie per directory.  Using .mkv containers eliminates the need and fs overhead.

Yes, I found the radarr and sonarr issues that you identified.

I did try forcing deluge to create a new ssl certificate, but that wasn't the issue.

7 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Okay - it would be a shame to loose CP. I still cannot accept the fact that sonarr/radarr enforce one movie per directory.  Using .mkv containers eliminates the need and fs overhead.

Yes, I found the radarr and sonarr issues that you identified.

I did try forcing deluge to create a new ssl certificate, but that wasn't the issue.

i would guess unless CP has implemented a fix for this:-

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/2412#issuecomment-469070076

Then cp will have the same problem communicating with deluge 2.x that radarr currently has. 

Im not sure which docker image you are using, is it arch-couchpotato or the variant arch-couchpotato-git? i could def create a new image of binhex-couchpotato-git to pick up any potential fixes that have been done (last build april 2018), worth a go?, it could of course break other stuff in CP, but hey its only a tag away from rollback eh :-).

@PeterB created a new 'test' tagged image for binhex/arch-couchpotato-git, please pull down and see if this allows you to connect to deluge 2.x, you might want to backup your couchpotato config before doing this, just in case it 'updates' your database and you want to roll back to previous image.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

@PeterB created a new 'test' tagged image for binhex/arch-couchpotato-git, please pull down and see if this allows you to connect to deluge 2.x, you might want to backup your couchpotato config before doing this, just in case it 'updates' your database and you want to roll back to previous image.

Thanks for your effort on this, but I still get "Connection failed. Check logs for details" when I click on the 'Test Deluge' button in 'Settings -> Downloaders'.

I look in the logs and I don't see anything relating to the problem.

11 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Thanks for your effort on this, but I still get "Connection failed. Check logs for details" when I click on the 'Test Deluge' button in 'Settings -> Downloaders'.

I look in the logs and I don't see anything relating to the problem.

ok it was a long shot, in that case i can only assume that CP still needs some code changes in order to play nicely with Deluge 2.x. 

There have been reports that apps such as Sonarr can connect to Deluge 2.x (although with some niggles) and the fact i havent touched any iptables rules, i am fairly confident the issue is purely down to CP compatibility.

Hey I just installed DelugeVPN for the first time on my UnRAID server, but I'm running into some issues. It uses PIA for VPN and I've downloaded the .ovpn file for CA-Toronto which supports port forwarding. It starts up fine and I can get into the WebUI, but when I go to download a torrent, it never connects to any peers. 

I don't see any obvious errors in the log files. Any ideas?

Yes, as part of some rebuilding I was doing involving the whole SQL/appdata thing I neded up unknowingly updating. What  used to be a web interface that would crash when more then half a dozen torrents were removed (and would take minutes to do so) is now doing it instantly with no crashes. 

Too bad about the Radarr thing. Hope it gets fixed soon. 

2 minutes ago, Merijeek said:

If one wanted to revert to a previous version of the binhex-delugevpn docker, how would that be accomplished?

Click on the binhex-delugevpn app and click Edit

Change the Repository to binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04 and click Apply.

You should then be automatically reverted back to the last version before it switched over to 2.0.3

• Like 1
2 hours ago, raiditup said:

Has anyone been able to connect to the deluge daemon running on 2.0.3?  I've tried with the 1.3 gui & console and the 2.0.3 console and I see libtorrent errors.

As soon as I revert back to 1.3, it works again.

I was able to connect via the webUI, but since most of the indexers, plugins and thin clients aren’t v2 compatible I decided to revert back to 1.3.

4 hours ago, raiditup said:

Has anyone been able to connect to the deluge daemon running on 2.0.3?  I've tried with the 1.3 gui & console and the 2.0.3 console and I see libtorrent errors.

As soon as I revert back to 1.3, it works again.

The v1.3 gui/console is not compatible with the v2.03 daemon, so no surprise that doesn't work.

The v2.03 console (thin client) works well with the v2.03 daemon - again, shouldn't be a surprise.  However, if you run your desktop computer on Windows, you're out of luck because the v2.03 conversion to Windows isn't complete yet.

For me, the  web gui and/or the thin client work well for me on my Linux Mint desktop.  My big problem is the couchpotato/deluge v2.03 incompatibility.

16 hours ago, binhex said:

ok it was a long shot, in that case i can only assume that CP still needs some code changes in order to play nicely with Deluge 2.x. 

There have been reports that apps such as Sonarr can connect to Deluge 2.x (although with some niggles) and the fact i havent touched any iptables rules, i am fairly confident the issue is purely down to CP compatibility.

Well, for the time being, I have set CP to use Black hole as the downloader, and configured 'AutoAdd' in Deluge.  That seems to be working but I had to enable 'Magnet File' in the CP Black hole downloader section.  Obviously, you have to have the same path added in both containers so that they share a folder for writing/reading the torrent/magnet files.

I recommend this for anyone who wishes to retain CouchPotato while moving to the updated deluge.

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

I've updated my deluge and for some reason its queuing all my torrents bar 15.. 

image.png.947733a9be66cbdd641978dc0927336d.png

is there a new setting I'm unable to find?

Also, all my addon's disappeared - downgraded for now - thanks for the work binhex but a bit too bleeding edge for me

aaaand I lost all my torrents downgrading.. how can I get them back lol

figured this out for anyone wondering \\unraid\appdata\binhex-delugevpn\archive extract one of these (go to a time you had torrents) and put the files in the state folder up one

Edited by Addy
On 6/13/2019 at 3:58 PM, TommyJohn said:

Just saw Deluge has a major update to 2.0, can we expect to see a binhex version soon 😉

3 hours ago, Addy said:

downgraded for now - thanks for the work binhex but a bit too bleeding edge for me

Not picking on either poster specifically, but this pair of quotes illustrate perfectly what I see as the biggest frustration for @binhex or any of the many fine folks on here trying to support content not authored by them. You have one subset of the population who won't be satisfied if the latest update isn't added the instant it's available, typically citing either security concerns or wanting new features. Then, when the update hits, and it isn't compatible with other current software, typically BECAUSE of security enhancements or the new features, everybody complains.

This post really adds no value to the conversation, I just wanted to point out the obvious, so maybe some of the people who hammer the threads whenever a new build of whatever is available in the wild but isn't available for unraid might take a breath and think before pestering the devs about it.

3 hours ago, Addy said:

thanks for the work binhex but a bit too bleeding edge for me

A good point @jonathanm, and just to be clear, wherever possible i do NOT build from master branch or use alpha/beta builds unless there is no other option. The latest build of Deluge 2.0.3 IS a 'release', and as such should be reasonably stable, bleeding edge is not my thing either, but you may (depending on the number of changes) experience fallout when a new major version comes out - consider switching off auto updates if this keeps you awake at night worrying 🙂

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

wherever possible i do NOT build from master branch or use alpha/beta builds unless there is no other option.

This is why I prefer to use your builds over LSIO. Not knocking them, but honestly the philosophy of not messing with a running system is my first rule when dealing with computers. I've noticed over the couple years history of unraid's docker ecosystem, LSIO has become more and more conservative when it comes to updating things. I think they are almost copying your methods now, where originally they wanted to update at every opportunity.

Upgraded to the latest version without a Problem but after a few hours i saw that latest version is not on the whitelist for some Trackers, my question is now how do i downgrade ? I tried changing the repository to binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04 didn't work won't start. 

44 minutes ago, Slainor said:

Upgraded to the latest version without a Problem but after a few hours i saw that latest version is not on the whitelist for some Trackers, my question is now how do i downgrade ? I tried changing the repository to binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04 didn't work won't start. 

There are several versions of Deluge, including the 1.3.15. that ain't liste on the whitelist, this does not mean you can't use it, they just state that they can't guarantee the workings. If the new version is on a Blacklist, then it's something else :)

I have a tracker that dont support the version I'm on, used it for several monts, no issues :)

As to previous version, 
binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04 should be correct. keep in mind, several people are saying they loose their torrents when downgrading :)

If the downgrade don't start, it gives you some error message? Some log would be needed to understand why it's not starting :)

Edited by ProZac