[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

18 minutes ago, ProZac said:

several people are saying they loose their torrents whendowngrading 

Is there any way to restore the torrents from within the app when this happens? I see several people have had this problem when installing the update too. Wondering how to fix it without downgrading back to 1.3.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

The latest build of Deluge 2.0.3 IS a 'release', and as such should be reasonably stable,

The new deluge release adds a number of facilities over v1, which had been untouched for some years now, and improves performance considerably.  I, for one, am extremely happy to have v2 available.

Clearly, the system interface has changed and caused many incompatibilities - I'm happy to have a workaround for CouchPotato.  The other major drawback at the moment is that the Windows version is not yet complete, so those who use Windows on their desktop don't have a thin client available (but the webUI should be good).

23 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Is there any way to restore the torrents from within the app when this happens? I see several people have had this problem when installing the update too. Wondering how to fix it without downgrading back to 1.3.

I have read a few posts here and there, but haven't seen a conclusive way to achieve this. Other than pulling your backup ofc, as you do of course have a backup of all your dockers? :)

Btw @binhex, I'm still on old DelugeVPN and running your sonarr and radarr. Don't have any importand torrents or need the docker (deluge) for anything important if youn want/need something tested, I can  :)

4 minutes ago, ProZac said:

I have read a few posts here and there, but haven't seen a conclusive way to achieve this. Other than pulling your backup ofc, as you do of course have a backup of all your dockers? :)

Btw @binhex, I'm still on old DelugeVPN and running your sonarr and radarr. Don't have any importand torrents or need the docker (deluge) for anything important if youn want/need something tested, I can  :)

I do have a backup and used it when downgrading back to 1.3 to restore my torrents. It’s my guess though that I won’t be able to restore in CA Backup if the backup is from 1.3 and I’m restoring to 2.0.

Maybe there is some way to restore just the torrent files from a backup?

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

I do have a backup and used it when downgrading back to 1.3 to restore my torrents. It’s my guess though that I won’t be able to restore in CA Backup if the backup is from 1.3 and I’m restoring to 2.0.

Maybe there is some way to restore just the torrent files from a backup?

You can keep several backups with this CA Backup/restore plugin. And when upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0 you dont loose any torrents, not sure why you would need to only restore the torrents? As from your own statement, you have a backup that is on 1.3 with all the torrents? Or did I completely miss the point here?

Just now, ProZac said:

You can keep several backups with this CA Backup/restore plugin. And when upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0 you dont loose any torrents, not sure why you would need to only restore the torrents? As from your own statement, you have a backup that is on 1.3 with all the torrents? Or did I completely miss the point here?

When I initially upgraded to 2.0 there weren’t any issues at all (other than the compatibility problems with plugins, thin clients, etc). When I decided to downgrade back to 1.3 to get my plugins back I lost all my torrents and had to use restore to get them back. That restores the entire docker though (actually all my dockers) so I don’t think that will work if I lose my torrents when upgrading, as some people have reported.

Just trying to be prepared when the time comes to upgrade again.

Ok then I understand, normal upgrade like you did earlier shouldn't trigger any loss of torrents, just keep your old backup, if the upgrade messes it up, roll backup and try again :) But as stated, you already did it once with no issues, so doubt it will be a problem.

• Upvote 1
  •  
On 5/2/2019 at 10:11 AM, binhex said:

new image built please pull down and see if this resolves the privoxy issue.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:54 AM, ceb0610 said:

Didn't work for me. Sonarr immediately gives me the following Error Message.

"Proxy Health Check failed: Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure: 'http://services.sonarr.tv/v1/ping'"

I seem to have this problem now even though it was previously found and fixed. It started by privoxy falling only fetching manual search results in Sonarr. Now after attempting to fix it privoxy isn't working at all despite the logs saying it started.

I've tried using privoxy on a different port which didn't help, I've also deleted the privoxy config folder and even recreated the container from scratch.

One thing I did notice was beforehand the last entry in my log always indicated privoxy was running. Now it's no longer the last entry.. Perhaps it's being started too soon?

Edited by Dodgexander

Just wondering if anyone has noticed lower speeds since the updarde to v2.x ?

I remember when first setting up this docker with PIA (vancouver) I had to use the ITconfig plugin in v1.3x and set;

enable_incoming_utp, enable_outgoing_utp & rate_limit_utp to OFF/UNCHECKED in the plugin.

4 minutes ago, orlando500 said:

Hi, after the last update it seems my watch folder stopped working in deluge. Been working ok for months. Have not changed a byte before upgrade of the docker.

Any ideas where to look for a solution?

Preferences -> AutoAdd

24 minutes ago, Lien1454 said:

Same for me.. AutoRemovePlus-0.6.1-py2.7.egg and ltConfig v0.3.1 have stopped working since the latest update :(

Nothing changed before update.

All plugins will have to be modified/re-written for the new application interface, and converted for Python v3.7

Edited by PeterB

My bad with my previous query btw. It's now fixed in the latest version. I had assumed the container was auto updating on a restart. It turns out the only way to update for me was defining the newest version number.

To pull the newest image I had to define the actual version :number tag though. Any reason why the tag for :latest isn't pulling the latest image?

Edited by Dodgexander
3 hours ago, Dodgexander said:

My bad with my previous query btw. It's now fixed in the latest version. I had assumed the container was auto updating on a restart. It turns out the only way to update for me was defining the newest version number.

To pull the newest image I had to define the actual version :number tag though. Any reason why the tag for :latest isn't pulling the latest image?

:Latest will pull the latest finished published build, but this takes a while to make and is automated. After builds are released I would give it a few days.

16 minutes ago, Lien1454 said:

Since most plugins are broke at the moment.

Does anyone know how I can fix the issue where VPN downloads are very slow?

I don't know what you mean. Most plugins are definitely not broke at the moment. Some have reported issues with certain dockers, but those issues aren't related to slow downloads.

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

I don't know what you mean. Most plugins are definitely not broke at the moment. Some have reported issues with certain dockers, but those issues aren't related to slow downloads.

overuse of the word plugin here trurl :-), he is on about deluge plugins not unraid plugins, and indeed most of the deluge 1.x plugins do not work with deluge 2.x, the speed issue is in regards to a deluge plugin that some users have used to tweak system settings within deluge, that plugin is also not compatible with deluge 2.x an thus they cannot use it to achieve better dl/ul rates with deluge 2.x

@Lien1454 you would need to find out what the itconfig plugin does and then manually do the same tweaks to the deluge 2.x core.conf file.

looks like it MAY (untested) add the following two lines to the core.conf, so you could manually add them in and restart, watch for line endings!, use notepad++/atom/vscode.

"enable_incoming_tcp": False,
  "enable_incoming_utp": False,

Edited by binhex
Just now, jonathanm said:

He's talking about these plugins.

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins

However, I don't see a way to differentiate what is broken with the update to Deluge 2.X and what is working from that list.

i think as most/all of the deluge 1.x plugins are written for python 2 and deluge 2.x uses python 3 i think it would be safe to say probably all of them will not work.

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

(Deluge specific) Disable in/out utp - There have been reports of significant speed increases by disabling utp, this can be achieved by installing the Deluge plugin 'itconfig', once installed make sure to disabled both 'enable_incoming_utp' and 'enable_outgoing_utp', then restart the container. 

Any idea where to find these settings without the Plugin? I'm poking around and I didn't see any UTP settings listed in any of the conf files in AppData. I'm fairly certain this is my issue as everything else in Q6 is configured the way its listed.