[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

(Deluge specific) Disable in/out utp - There have been reports of significant speed increases by disabling utp, this can be achieved by installing the Deluge plugin 'itconfig', once installed make sure to disabled both 'enable_incoming_utp' and 'enable_outgoing_utp', then restart the container. 

Any idea where to find these settings without the Plugin? I'm poking around and I didn't see any UTP settings listed in any of the conf files in AppData. I'm fairly certain this is my issue as everything else in Q6 is configured the way its listed.
Untested
https://forums.unraid.net/index.php?/topic/44109-[support]-binhex---DelugeVPN#entry754139

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Did not work for me, I get error:

2019-06-24 13:21:46,519 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Deluge config file /config/core.conf does not contain valid data, exiting Python script config_deluge.py...

Used Notepad++ to edit the file, stopped docker before edit, restarted docker and met the above error.

Did not work for me, I get error:

2019-06-24 13:21:46,519 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[warn] Deluge config file /config/core.conf does not contain valid data, exiting Python script config_deluge.py...

Used Notepad++ to edit the file, stopped docker before edit, restarted docker and met the above error.

Can you attach your core.conf here, not paste

11 minutes ago, binhex said:

Can you attach your core.conf here, not paste

Attached, hope im just dumb and it's simple

"upnp": true,
"utpex": true
"enable_incoming_tcp": False,
"enable_incoming_utp": False,

I have tried the above and also changed the comma below:

"utpex": true,
"enable_incoming_utp": False

Both ways end up with error.

core.conf

Edited by GameraGarage
Attached, hope im just dumb and it's simple

"utpex": true
"enable_incoming_utp": False,

I have tried the above and also changed the comma below:

"utpex": true,
"enable_incoming_utp": False

Both ways end up with error.

core.conf
You have messed up the commas the last line should have no comma, so just move those two lines from the bottom to the top

13 minutes ago, binhex said:

You have messed up the commas the last line should have no comma, so just move those two lines from the bottom to the top

I am back in business and at full speed again! Thanks for the quick help

One note, Notepad++ made me change False to "false" and it started working. Before that I continued to get the same error.

After running, it also moved the config around and placed the changes like this:
    "daemon_port": 58846,
    "del_copy_torrent_file": false,
    "dht": true,
    "dont_count_slow_torrents": true,
    "download_location": "/data/incomplete",
    "download_location_paths_list": [],
    "enable_incoming_tcp": false,
    "enable_incoming_utp": false,

"enabled_plugins": [
        "Label",
        "Extractor",
        "AutoAdd",

I have attached my Core file so people can see what is working for me

core.conf

Edited by GameraGarage
2 hours ago, GameraGarage said:

I am back in business and at full speed again! Thanks for the quick help

One note, Notepad++ made me change False to "false" and it started working. Before that I continued to get the same error.

After running, it also moved the config around and placed the changes like this:
    "daemon_port": 58846,
    "del_copy_torrent_file": false,
    "dht": true,
    "dont_count_slow_torrents": true,
    "download_location": "/data/incomplete",
    "download_location_paths_list": [],

"enabled_plugins": [
        "Label",
        "Extractor",
        "AutoAdd",

I have attached my Core file so people can see what is working for me

core.conf 3.1 kB · 2 downloads

Hi,

Did the same. No luck :(

I'm using PIA and using a server with port forwarding enabled. Have this set in the docker config.

No changes up until the update and I maxed out speed wise.

I've attached my core.conf file.

core.conf

1 hour ago, Lien1454 said:

Hi,

I'm using PIA and using a server with port forwarding enabled. Have this set in the docker config.

core.conf 2.98 kB · 1 download

Can't find any errors in the config, have you tried to remove the ltconfig plugin? As this is the only difference from others here. I'm running on 2.0.3 with no change from 1.3.x. I don't run the ltconfig plugin and still get 40+ MB/s
If that don't solve anything some more logs would be needed.

4 minutes ago, ProZac said:

Can't find any errors in the config, have you tried to remove the ltconfig plugin? As this is the only difference from others here. I'm running on 2.0.3 with no change from 1.3.x. I don't run the ltconfig plugin and still get 40+ MB/s
If that don't solve anything some more logs would be needed.

Hi.

Yes I removed it and also it's conf file.

But made no difference.

1 hour ago, Lien1454 said:

I'm using PIA too, and I had to add a third variable to core.conf to get my speeds back to normal:

"enable_outgoing_utp": false,

Also adding "enable_outgoing_utp" fixed the speed issue for me.

See the post from "Mushroom" about halfway down:  https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/23112/anyone-having-torrent-slowdowns-please-read-this

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lien1454 said:

Hi.

Yes I removed it and also it's conf file.

But made no difference.

So basically everything was fine, updated from 1.3.x to 2.0.3 and speeds on all torrents dropped? Nothing else changed except that you now tried to remove the ltconfig plugin?
Please attach supervisor and run command.

6 minutes ago, ProZac said:

So basically everything was fine, updated from 1.3.x to 2.0.3 and speeds on all torrents dropped? Nothing else changed except that you now tried to remove the ltconfig plugin?
Please attach supervisor and run command.

Yep... full speeds. Always use same VPN server. Always fast.

Upgraded... and been bad speeds since. I get 1.2mb  (approx) max.

When you say "attach supervisor and run command.".

What do you mean?

Edited by Lien1454
2 minutes ago, Lien1454 said:

When you say "attach supervisor and run command.".

What do you mean?

Sorry if that was unclear. All dockers have a Supervisor.log file in the appdata folder. They also have a "run" command that shows whenever you update or edit the docker. Please attach both the supervisor.log file and the run command.

On a different matter. If I'm not mistaken, didn't deluge use to have an ETA column that showed estimated finish time? I believe this is gone in 2.0.3 or am I blind? Tried to read the forums, deluge site, and other help topics, no mention of this, and the changelog @ deluge site is for the last 1.3.x version :(

I just added a few torrents to check the speed was normal, but no ETA column :(

23 minutes ago, ProZac said:

On a different matter. If I'm not mistaken, didn't deluge use to have an ETA column that showed estimated finish time? I believe this is gone in 2.0.3 or am I blind? Tried to read the forums, deluge site, and other help topics, no mention of this, and the changelog @ deluge site is for the last 1.3.x version :(

I just added a few torrents to check the speed was normal, but no ETA column :(

You are blind, sort of.😀 I'm assuming you are talking about the webui, in which case the views got reset to defaults and you need to set up the columns, order and width you want. To add a column, hover the mouse to the right edge of any of the existing column headers, when the down arrow shows up, click on it, go down to columns, and check off the ones you want.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

You are blind, sort of.😀 I'm assuming you are talking about the webui, in which case the views got reset to defaults and you need to set up the columns, order and width you want. To add a column, hover the mouse to the right edge of any of the existing column headers, when the down arrow shows up, click on it, go down to columns, and check off the ones you want.

Haha wooow feel kinda silly now :D Don't think I ever changed that before, nor noticed it was possible hehe. Thanks :)

12 hours ago, Lien1454 said:
Hi,

Did the same. No luck

core.conf

You have done the exact same thing as the previous guy, all options defined in the core.conf should have commas suffixed apart from the last line.

sorry no you didnt, bloody tapatalk was caching the previous core.conf grrr!. ok the core.conf looks ok, try this guys suggestion:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=754248

in short the additional options you can try adding to core.conf (anywhere but not at the end), make sure to use something like notepad++ (not notepad):-

"enable_outgoing_utp": false,

also ensure that this option is set as follows:-

"rate_limit_ip_overhead": false,

Edited by binhex

Hi, I am trying to setup radarr. Therefore I want to set up in "Download client" deluge, but it asks for a password and after typing deluge´s one test does not succeed. I changed the standard password in deluge for a different one. I am not sure which one should I use.

Also, when I enter delugevpn I get this pop up (before upgrading to lastest unraid version I did not get it), and I am not sure what it means. Even if it maybe the cause for radarr not connecting to deluge.

image.png.12fe51963e947391c424a04ae92b3237.png

Maybe someone can help me. Let me know if you need any other info.

2 minutes ago, luca2 said:

Hi, I am trying to setup radarr. Therefore I want to set up in "Download client" deluge, but it asks for a password and after typing deluge´s one test does not succeed. I changed the standard password in deluge for a different one. I am not sure which one should I use.

radarr currently does not play nicely with deluge 2.x and thus you will see authentication failures, not sure exactly what mechanism radarr uses to authenticate with deluge, but you may also need to edit the /config/auth file

7 minutes ago, luca2 said:

Also, when I enter delugevpn I get this pop up (before upgrading to lastest unraid version I did not get it), and I am not sure what it means. Even if it maybe the cause for radarr not connecting to deluge.

actually i have literally just fixed this up for deluge 2.x, its a change in the way you auto connect the daemon to the web ui, if you pull down the latest image it should not show any more, and no its got nothing to do with your radarr issue.

Hi guys!

So my son (14 months) shut down my unRaid and while it was going to be offline awhile I upgrader the unRaid version from 6.7.0 to 6.7.1 and now my binhex-delugevpn container won't start.

It says:

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

/root/init.sh: line 25: 9 Done echo "[info] System information $(uname -a)"
10 Bus error | ts '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%.S'

And my config is:
image.png.3bc2afa20918a5ef7ef69c7a1378525d.png

Since I use AirVPN I tried the following:

- Removing VPN_USERVPN_PASS and VPN_OPTIONS from the config

- Generate a new OVPN file

But it didn't help.

Any advice? :)

1 hour ago, Muff said:

/root/init.sh: line 25: 9 Done echo "[info] System information $(uname -a)" 10 Bus error | ts '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%.S'

how bizarre!, so it looks like for some reason your system is incapable of returning system information about kernel and os name, i can only assume that the usb key is corrupt perhaps!. its def not broken for 6.7.1 as im running that, what happens if you ssh to the unraid system and issue the command:-

uname -a

what does it return?

2 hours ago, luca2 said:

Thx for support.

Hi again, where can I find the "/config/auth file"?

find out what the volume mapping /config is for your host for this container, most probably something like /mnt/user/appdata/<something else> look at that host path and the auth file will be in there.