[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

So I had auto-updates turned on and saw that it updated Deluge to  2.0.  Unfortunately, some of my private trackers do not have that whitelisted, so I went ahead and downgraded with the following build.

binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04

When I did that, it booted up just fine, except it lost all of my torrents (All my settings seem to be good).  I had over 200 torrents.  is there a simple way to re-add all of my torrents?  I have them all moving to a completed folder when they finish, so I didn't think I could just re-add the torrent files because I thought it would just re-download them all unless I pointed over to the completed folder, which is not something I'd really want to do at this point.

I tried to restore from a previous CA Backup / Restore Appdata from a few days ago, but after I copied over the files it still booted up with zero torrents in the program.

I've attached a picture of my completed torrent folders to show where they download and move to. (I also have labels set up to auto move completed to folders based on those labels.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.55.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.57.27 PM.png

Edited by kelmino
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone!

Correct me if I'm wrong here my it seems that the plugins for Deluge 2.x doesn't work even if I try and "trick" Deluge by changes the name of the .egg file.

Download the plugin egg that matches the Deluge Python version from above, e.g.

Plugin-1.0-py2.6.egg is a Python 2.6 egg.

Plugin-1.0-py2.7.egg is a Python 2.7 egg.

For plugins that don't have a specific Deluge Python version available

It is possible to rename an egg to match the Python version (e.g. Plugin-1.0-py2.6.egg to Plugin-1.0-py2.7.egg) and should still work.

and you can determine the Python version with this command on the container: python --version

Source: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins#InstallingPluginEggs
image.thumb.png.2336c905c71b488eb66cc6423fbb8ae4.png

I got my plugins to work when I downgraded my Deluge version to "1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04" and I did that by adding ":1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04" the repository.

To:     binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04

I got that version from here: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/tags by copying the name of on of the tags.

5 hours ago, kelmino said:

So I had auto-updates turned on and saw that it updated Deluge to  2.0.  Unfortunately, some of my private trackers do not have that whitelisted, so I went ahead and downgraded with the following build.

When I did that, it booted up just fine, except it lost all of my torrents (All my settings seem to be good).  I had over 200 torrents.  is there a simple way to re-add all of my torrents?  I have them all moving to a completed folder when they finish, so I didn't think I could just re-add the torrent files because I thought it would just re-download them all unless I pointed over to the completed folder, which is not something I'd really want to do at this point.

I had to roll back to that version due to tracker whitelisting as well (and even got a nastygram from an admin asking for a lot of proof on my setup due to inconsistencies).

You need to re-add the actual `*.torrent` files for the torrents you had active AFAIK.  I first moved/copied everything from the `completed` folder to the `incomplete` folder.  I then copied all of my `*.torrent` files from the `/data/.torrents` directory to my `/data/.torrents_add` directory, which is configured to auto-add any torrents in that directory using the `autoadd` plugin.  It will populate the torrents for every `*.torrent` file you added and should then check the progress against what you moved from your `completed` to `incomplete` directory.  You can select them all and choose "Force Recheck" if it's not doing it for some reason.  Then just wait a long long time depending on how large your torrents are.  For any that I still don't have the `*.torrent` file for, but the files were in `completed`, I just check a list on the tracker itself for torrents I haven't fully seeded and redownload the torrent file, or just manually find it on the tracker if it's not on the list.

Royal PITA, it is

10 hours ago, chris_netsmart said:

Hi all

I just log onto my windows deluge, and I discovered that I have loss all  my connect to my delugevpn.

so I delete and then re-tried to enter in my details for the account

hostname =  Server IP

username = pi

password = deluge

Capture.JPG

but when I and check my listed connections I am getting a red cycle.

I know that my deluge is running as I am able to web onto the client.

any ideals what might have happened.

I don't think the old client supports v2, and win/mac doesn't have an updated client, only linux so far.

V2 users are stuck with webUI for now.

On 6/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, binhex said:

radarr currently does not play nicely with deluge 2.x and thus you will see authentication failures, not sure exactly what mechanism radarr uses to authenticate with deluge, but you may also need to edit the /config/auth file

actually i have literally just fixed this up for deluge 2.x, its a change in the way you auto connect the daemon to the web ui, if you pull down the latest image it should not show any more, and no its got nothing to do with your radarr issue.

I found the config/auth file but it is empty. What should I found/add there?

Also, how can I reinstall deluge from scratch. What folders/files should I manually erase?

I am still getting this popup   and also after adding the plugins when I do a  restart they disappear. There must be something wrong.

image.png

1 hour ago, luca2 said:

I found the config/auth file but it is empty. What should I found/add there?

Also, how can I reinstall deluge from scratch. What folders/files should I manually erase?

I am still getting this popup   and also after adding the plugins when I do a  restart they disappear. There must be something wrong.

image.png

Sonarr, Radarr and most plugins aren’t compatible with the new version of Deluge   (2.0). Your best bet might be to revert to 1.3 from backup until these authors have updated their plugins.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, LesterCovax said:

I had to roll back to that version due to tracker whitelisting as well (and even got a nastygram from an admin asking for a lot of proof on my setup due to inconsistencies).

You need to re-add the actual `*.torrent` files for the torrents you had active AFAIK.  I first moved/copied everything from the `completed` folder to the `incomplete` folder.  I then copied all of my `*.torrent` files from the `/data/.torrents` directory to my `/data/.torrents_add` directory, which is configured to auto-add any torrents in that directory using the `autoadd` plugin.  It will populate the torrents for every `*.torrent` file you added and should then check the progress against what you moved from your `completed` to `incomplete` directory.  You can select them all and choose "Force Recheck" if it's not doing it for some reason.  Then just wait a long long time depending on how large your torrents are.  For any that I still don't have the `*.torrent` file for, but the files were in `completed`, I just check a list on the tracker itself for torrents I haven't fully seeded and redownload the torrent file, or just manually find it on the tracker if it's not on the list.

Royal PITA, it is

Thanks, that's at least a little easier than trying to re-point each torrent to the correct folder.

Is there a way to create a torrent ourselves to use to share files with other people with this client? Can't seem to find a way, but I'm probably missing something knowing me haha. 
Just Google deluge create torrent

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

On 6/27/2019 at 6:58 PM, kelmino said:

I tried to restore from a previous CA Backup / Restore Appdata from a few days ago, but after I copied over the files it still booted up with zero torrents in the program.

I've attached a picture of my completed torrent folders to show where they download and move to. (I also have labels set up to auto move completed to folders based on those labels.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.55.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.57.27 PM.png

I'm not sure if its related. But I had an issue with downloads stopping from my private tracker. I noticed it only happened after last update from 

John Garland, Download and import IP blocklists. I've just disabled the Block list plugin and restarted Deluge and downloads started again.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:46 AM, LesterCovax said:

Royal PITA, it is

I'm not sure if its related. But I had an issue with downloads stopping from my private tracker. I noticed it only happened after last update from 

John Garland, Download and import IP blocklists. I've just disabled the Block list plugin and restarted Deluge and downloads started again.

Switched from RUTorrent to Deluge and my speed seem stuck at 1.6MiB/s where if i do the same file rutorrent i get 27-45Mib/s

been using ubuntu-19.04-desktop-amd64.iso torrent file for testing i have double checked setting and everything is right and same as what rutorrent used to be

Any Ideas

core.conf

11 hours ago, khile said:

Switched from RUTorrent to Deluge and my speed seem stuck at 1.6MiB/s where if i do the same file rutorrent i get 27-45Mib/s

been using ubuntu-19.04-desktop-amd64.iso torrent file for testing i have double checked setting and everything is right and same as what rutorrent used to be

Any Ideas

core.conf 2.86 kB · 0 downloads

looks like you arent limiting your upload rate:-

"max_upload_speed": -1.0,

this will dramatically affect your download rate, read all these points in Q6:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

23 hours ago, binhex said:

looks like you arent limiting your upload rate:-

"max_upload_speed": -1.0,

this will dramatically affect your download rate, read all these points in Q6:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Tried that and few other suggestions found i found around  but all seem to only add few 100kb yo speed ive seen high of 1.8Mib/s where rutorrent seems inexsess of 50Mib/s

I;m using same server for both tests on pia (france) as its closest to me

Thanks for help but seems i have a issues i can find cause of

2 hours ago, ProZac said:

Just a note for those with issues, latest radarr updates fixes problems between radarr and deluge. I personally don't use it, but just set it up as a test and worked like a charm :)

Has it made it out of the nightly builds and into the binhex Radarr docker yet?

Hey guys.

Having an issue here at the moment.

Not sure how long its been going on, but at least a week, maybe since 6.7.1 release. Unsure Tbh.

The docker image will not load into WebUI, or accept connections from sonarr radarr etc. When the VPN is set to on.

First thing I did was, Restore a backup from 2 weeks ago, rebuild docker.IMG etc. No luck.

Removed, reset, and rebuilt the image for delugevpn, no luck.

Tried multiplie endpoints, all with portforwaeding. Running PIA BTW.

I noticed, when rebuilding the damn thing, that with VPN OFF the docker boots, loads and works fine.

Is there an issue with pia? Or am I missing something

1 hour ago, 7hr08ik said:

Hey guys.

Having an issue here at the moment.

Not sure how long its been going on, but at least a week, maybe since 6.7.1 release. Unsure Tbh.

The docker image will not load into WebUI, or accept connections from sonarr radarr etc. When the VPN is set to on.

First thing I did was, Restore a backup from 2 weeks ago, rebuild docker.IMG etc. No luck.

Removed, reset, and rebuilt the image for delugevpn, no luck.

Tried multiplie endpoints, all with portforwaeding. Running PIA BTW.

I noticed, when rebuilding the damn thing, that with VPN OFF the docker boots, loads and works fine.

Is there an issue with pia? Or am I missing something

Using PIA myself with all the latest updates, most likely a configuration issue somewhere, supervisor log and run command would help here :)

Im at work at the moment. Will send when I get home.

But I don't see how configs would be it. Everything was working. Didnt even log into unfair for 3 weeks, and dropped working. I know its to do with VPN. Thinking I might try different provider as I've been having 1 or 2 issues with pia past few weeks.

Will report back later. Where do I find run command? All I did was serious in docker edit tab and start

10 minutes ago, 7hr08ik said:

But I don't see how configs would be it. Everything was working.

if you havent changed your config at all then it might be something external, firewall/router change, vlan on switch, corruption on cache drive, permissions set incorrectly etc, best thing to do is follow the procedure detailed in the link below:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Life!!

Well, been trying to give the server a bit of TLC.

- Cache drive, re-run through Preclear, with full erase

- Cache drive re-formatted

- Checked 'Fix Common Problems'

- Rebuilt Docker.img

- Re-downloaded the docker image.

- Checked log, noticed msg about password containing character that might hinder login. Changed password.

- Noticed msg about running '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle' so ran this

- Stopped and started the container

Still no luck, there are a few errors in the log files, but im sure ive seen some of these when everything was working just fine. Obviously im no expert, but it seems the container is in a loop. Trying to connect, then reloading

I've attached my supervisord.log

supervisord.log

Edited by 7hr08ik