[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

48 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

The log might have some clues appdata/binhex-delugevpn/deluged.log.

Also might try a different browser.

this is what I see:

07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.configmanager:52  ] Setting config directory to: /config
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.daemon            :94  ] Deluge daemon 2.0.3
07:22:56 [WARNING ][deluge.core.core              :337 ] Unable to load /config/session.state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/session.state'
07:22:56 [WARNING ][deluge.core.core              :337 ] Unable to load /config/session.state.bak: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/session.state.bak'
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.alertmanager      :148 ] Alert Queue Size set to 10000
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :402 ] Starting DelugeRPC server :58846
07:22:56 [INFO    ][twisted                       :154 ] Factory (TLS) starting on 58846
07:22:56 [INFO    ][twisted                       :154 ] Starting factory <twisted.internet.protocol.Factory object at 0x15141322cb38>
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.daemon            :154 ] Deluge daemon starting...
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.authmanager       :228 ] Opening auth for load: /config/auth
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.authmanager       :236 ] Successfully loaded auth: /config/auth
07:22:56 [WARNING ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1162] Bad shutdown detected so archiving state files
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :806 ] Loading torrent state: /config/state/torrents.state
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :819 ] Successfully loaded /config/state/torrents.state
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1066] Opening torrents.fastresume for load: /config/state/torrents.fastresume
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1066] Opening torrents.fastresume for load: /config/state/torrents.fastresume.bak
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1066] Opening torrents.fastresume for load: /config/torrents.fastresume
07:22:56 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :885 ] Finished loading 0 torrents in 0:00:00.001669
07:22:57 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1609] on_alert_external_ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
07:22:59 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:46088
07:22:59 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
07:23:03 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:46092
07:23:03 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
07:23:06 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:46094
07:23:06 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost

11 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Have you tried another browser? I know people have reported having problems entering the password with Firefox.

Well that did it. I tried on a Mac and Ubuntu and it didn't work. I then tried it a on Windows VM and using IE I'm able to get in.

1 minute ago, bugster said:

Well that did it. I tried on a Mac and Ubuntu and it didn't work. I then tried it a on Windows VM and using IE I'm able to get in.

Safari should work from a Mac. I’ve never had any issues logging in to the webUI with it. I’m still using Deluge v1 though.

Hi everyone.

I updated Deluge to 2.0.3 and am trying to download torrents from 3 trackers (one of which is Ubuntu). I can see the swarm and according to one of the trackers, my connection is clear, it connects to me successfully.

But the torrents stay at 0%, they're not downloading at all and I've left it the whole day. Each tracker is showing a few hundred (thousands for Ubutu) seeders.

I then rolled back Deluge to "1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04" and torrents download fine. I haven't changed any settings between the changes at all.

I'm not using a VPN btw, just Deluge as a torrent client.

Could updating to 2.0.3 affect writing permissions to the download directories? That's the only thing I can come up with.

Can someone point me in a direction to troubleshoot this? TIA.

Edited by vurt
Hi everyone.

I updated Deluge to 2.0.3 and am trying to download torrents from 3 trackers (one of which is Ubuntu). I can see the swarm and according to one of the trackers, my connection is clear, it connects to me successfully.

But the torrents stay at 0%, they're not downloading at all and I've left it the whole day. Each tracker is showing a few hundred (thousands for Ubutu) seeders.

I then rolled back Deluge to "1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04" and torrents download fine. I haven't changed any settings between the changes at all.

I'm not using a VPN btw, just Deluge as a torrent client.

Could updating to 2.0.3 affect writing permissions to the download directories? That's the only thing I can come up with.

Can someone point me in a direction to troubleshoot this? TIA.
Check that deluge v2 picks up all settings, including incomplete folder location, I suspect it's not set correctly.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, binhex said:

Check that deluge v2 picks up all settings, including incomplete folder location, I suspect it's not set correctly.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi @binhex, thanks for suggesting that.

Those settings look normal from what I can tell.

Inside Deluge, the folder is set to "/data/_incomplete".

Inside the container, the container path for /data is set to "/mnt/user/torrent/"

Both "_incomplete" and "_completed" folders are in /torrent/ from the previous version of Deluge.

Permissions for "_incomplete" is 777.

I tried to check Deluge's log from the console and this is what I get:

sh-5.0# deluge -L warning
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/deluge", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==2.0.3', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge')()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/ui_entry.py", line 143, in start_ui
    ui.start()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/__init__.py", line 43, in start
    from .gtkui import GtkUI
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/gtkui.py", line 19, in <module>
    import gi  # isort:skip (Required before Gtk import).
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gi'

2 hours ago, vurt said:

Inside Deluge, the folder is set to "/data/_incomplete".

bit confused, firstly you state the above, and then you state:-

2 hours ago, vurt said:

Both "_incomplete" and "_completed" folders are in /torrent/

so, _incomplete is in /torrent/ or /data/ ?

11 minutes ago, binhex said:

bit confused, firstly you state the above, and then you state:-

so, _incomplete is in /torrent/ or /data/ ?

Sorry @binhex.

"/data/_incomplete" is in the Web UI setting for Deluge.

/torrent/ is the unRaid share, it's the container path for Deluge's /data/. Basically /data/ is mapped to /torrent/ on unRAID and the "_incomplete" and "completed" folder structure is already set up and working from the previous version of Deluge.

These all work with the previous Deluge, but I can't tell if Deluge 2.0.3 is using them (per your suggestion that Deluge 2 doesn't know their locations) since the downloads aren't happening.

Hi @binhex, yes that's what I meant, I mentioned that in my previous post but referred to it in its truncated form, sorry for the confusion.

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

dont you mean /mnt/user/torrent/ ? /torrent/ is not a valid unraid share.

3 hours ago, vurt said:

Inside the container, the container path for /data is set to "/mnt/user/torrent/"

Hi @binhex

Been a year since I've first set up your DelugeVPN container and it's been great!

Haven't had any major problems and if a problem occured it got resolved pretty easily.

Now I'm seeing something weird in the logs that doesn't really seem to cause any issues, but I'm curious if it's known.

In the supervisord.log I find this error sometimes:

2019-07-31 00:24:58,530 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
Unhandled error in Deferred:

2019-07-31 00:24:58,531 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/protocols/policies.py", line 120, in dataReceived
    self.wrappedProtocol.dataReceived(data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 179, in dataReceived
    d.callback(request[2])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 460, in callback
    self._startRunCallbacks(result)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 568, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 654, in _runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/sessionproxy.py", line 147, in on_status
    self.torrents[torrent_id][0] = t
exceptions.KeyError: u'eed0984ee5d0d9d150d6b1a0e7e57e0b8ef7e61e'

Haven't seen this issue discussed in the forum yet.

Do you have any clue what could be causing this?

On 7/29/2019 at 5:28 AM, qbone said:

I am not at all an expert, but what pops in my eyes is that you are missing a whitespace before the "\" in your -v parameters:

-v /share/cachedev1_data/downloads/deluge/data:/data\

-v /share/cachedev1_data/downloads:/download \

-v /share/cachedev1_data/downloads/deluge/config:/config\

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

Should probably be:

-v /share/cachedev1_data/downloads/deluge/data:/data \

-v /share/cachedev1_data/downloads:/download \

-v /share/cachedev1_data/downloads/deluge/config:/config \

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

See if that works?

Thank you for the response.  I replaced my lines with your and got the same error. 

When I click setting and look at it, the third one down says HOME.  and points to "/home/nobody"  Does that seem right?

ZN2LeUx.png

Edited by failurbydesign

I just upgraded to the latest version of this and now none of my downloads are working.  I've been using the previous version flawlessly on a daily basis.  Updated the version last night and now it's not working.  My downloaded torrents are not being picked up although the uploads are working.  Not sure where to start troubleshooting as I've been using this for years and never ever had a problem.  This is the first ever problem so at a loss right now.  Is there a log I can grab for this?

I'm also still using Unraid version 6.5.3

Edited by DigitalDivide

Just discovered that if I go with the deluge console and select add torrent and grab the torrent from the folder I saved it to, it loads it up and downloads the file.  So...I'm guessing that somewhere in the docker it's not seeing the folder where I download the torrents to?  I'm just not sure where that is configured....

45 minutes ago, DigitalDivide said:

I just upgraded to the latest version of this and now none of my downloads are working.  I've been using the previous version flawlessly on a daily basis.  Updated the version last night and now it's not working.  My downloaded torrents are not being picked up although the uploads are working.  Not sure where to start troubleshooting as I've been using this for years and never ever had a problem.  This is the first ever problem so at a loss right now.  Is there a log I can grab for this?

I'm also still using Unraid version 6.5.3

I'm having the same issue reported on the previous page. I've also posted to the Deluge forum. But nobody's been able to suggest anything yet. In my case, manually uploading the .torrent file doesn't work either.

10 minutes ago, DigitalDivide said:

I'm just not sure where that is configured....

Downloads normally go to /data which you have configured to be in your appdata folder. This is configured inside the Deluge app.

When you say “the downloads just sit there”, exactly what does that mean? They are downloaded but never moved? Or your indexer adds the download to the queue but it never starts downloading.

What happens is I always manually download the torrent to \\TOWER\appdata\data\Torrents.  Then deluge grabs the torrent, moves it to \\TOWER\appdata\data and downloads it.  Then when done the torrent file is moved to \\TOWER\appdata\data\Saved Torrents.  After the upgrade, when I download a torrent to \\TOWER\appdata\data\Torrents.  It  just sits there and doesn't get picked up, so not moved or downloaded.  

16 minutes ago, DigitalDivide said:

What happens is I always manually download the torrent to \\TOWER\appdata\data\Torrents.  Then deluge grabs the torrent, moves it to \\TOWER\appdata\data and downloads it.  Then when done the torrent file is moved to \\TOWER\appdata\data\Saved Torrents.  After the upgrade, when I download a torrent to \\TOWER\appdata\data\Torrents.  It  just sits there and doesn't get picked up, so not moved or downloaded.  

I’m not sure why you think this is a problem with the container rather than the new version of Deluge, but if you choose to you can revert to the previous version of the app.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=761935

Edited by wgstarks