[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

12 hours ago, HelpRequester said:

I am humbly seeking assistance in setting up the DelugeVPN docker container on a Synology DS918+ NAS system. I have followed the guide from here as best I could:

http://tomthegreat.com/2018/03/11/setting-up-deluge-with-vpn-on-synology-using-docker/

Unfortunately, I am unable to access the Deluge setup wizard after going through the process (Step 12). Looking at the supervisord.log file, it seems the problem is related to this:

DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19)
Exiting due to fatal error

I have attached the logfile in it's entirety in the hopes of finding help in this matter. My computer skills are limited and thus I don't see a of way fixing this on my own.

Thank you for your consideration.

supervisord_namesremoved.log 26.27 kB · 0 downloads

Hey Help Requestor...

You need to get the Tunnel Adapter up and running on the synology.  The guide has a "tun.sh" file that it has you create.  That tend's not to work on newer versions of DSM.  The work around I found is to setup a Scheduled Task to basically run "sudo insmod /lib/modules/tun.ko" instead of launching the tun.sh. I have mine setup to run on a schedule at midnight.  Only thing you need to be aware of, is if you reboot your NAS you might need to run the task manually to kick off the tunnel adapter before docker launches Deluge+VPN....  I couldn't get it to run properly on Boot up as the instructions show.

9 hours ago, Lipora said:

Hey Help Requestor...

You need to get the Tunnel Adapter up and running on the synology.  The guide has a "tun.sh" file that it has you create.  That tend's not to work on newer versions of DSM.  The work around I found is to setup a Scheduled Task to basically run "sudo insmod /lib/modules/tun.ko" instead of launching the tun.sh. I have mine setup to run on a schedule at midnight.  Only thing you need to be aware of, is if you reboot your NAS you might need to run the task manually to kick off the tunnel adapter before docker launches Deluge+VPN....  I couldn't get it to run properly on Boot up as the instructions show.

Thank you very much for the tip Lipora, I did as you suggested and the error message about the TUN/TAP not being found has disappeared from my logfile! However, I have encountered a new error which reads as follows:

2019-08-30 14:34:44,545 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Application does not require port forwarding or VPN provider is != pia, skipping incoming port assignment

[info] Checking we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address...

2019-08-30 14:34:44,554 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Having issues resolving name 'www.google.com', sleeping before retry...

From this I understand there to be a connection issue, could this be tied to the DNS Server I have configured? My DNS servers are set up in my router to be automatically assigned by my ISP. I have gone into CMD and entered "ipconfig /all", there it told me the DNS server was 192.168.1.1 which is what I have entered into the configuration of the delugevpn docker container. Is this incorrect? I don't need to access deluge or indeed any of my NAS from outside my home network, I only want to be able for the NAS to download and seed torrents after I add them at home.

29 minutes ago, HelpRequester said:

Thank you very much for the tip Lipora, I did as you suggested and the error message about the TUN/TAP not being found has disappeared from my logfile! However, I have encountered a new error which reads as follows:

[info] Application does not require port forwarding or VPN provider is != pia, skipping incoming port assignment

2019-08-30 14:34:44,554 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Having issues resolving name 'www.google.com', sleeping before retry...

From this I understand there to be a connection issue, could this be tied to the DNS Server I have configured? My DNS servers are set up in my router to be automatically assigned by my ISP. I have gone into CMD and entered "ipconfig /all", there it told me the DNS server was 192.168.1.1 which is what I have entered into the configuration of the delugevpn docker container. Is this incorrect? I don't need to access deluge or indeed any of my NAS from outside my home network, I only want to be able for the NAS to download and seed torrents after I add them at home.

That is most likely the DNS servers you set in your Docker Config.  The container uses those. Do you have them set as:

Name_Servers = 209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4

3 minutes ago, Lipora said:

That is most likely the DNS servers you set in your Docker Config.  The container uses those. Do you have them set as:

Name_Servers = 209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4

Thank you for swift reply. I have set the entry NAME_SERVERS as 192.168.1.1 since that's what my DNS Server is according to "ipconfig /all".

1 minute ago, HelpRequester said:

Thank you for swift reply. I have set the entry NAME_SERVERS as 192.168.1.1 since that's what my DNS Server is according to "ipconfig /all".

192.168.1.1 is what your router hands out internally. try changing 192.168.1.1 to 8.8.8.8 which is a Google DNS server..  If that works then I would find out the DNS servers you are to use for your VPN provider and switch it to those.  i.e. for PIA they want you to use: 209.222.18.222 and 209.222.18.218.

19 minutes ago, Lipora said:

192.168.1.1 is what your router hands out internally. try changing 192.168.1.1 to 8.8.8.8 which is a Google DNS server..  If that works then I would find out the DNS servers you are to use for your VPN provider and switch it to those.  i.e. for PIA they want you to use: 209.222.18.222 and 209.222.18.218.

Changing the DNS server allowed me to finally connect to the deluge webui and now I am able to download. Your help has been essential in getting this up and running, thank you very much.

Is there an easy check I can make to be sure the torrent traffic is going through the VPN correctly and I've also not accidentally made my network more vulnerable to intrusions?

2 minutes ago, HelpRequester said:

Changing the DNS server allowed me to finally connect to the deluge webui and now I am able to download. Your help has been essential in getting this up and running, thank you very much.

Is there an easy check I can make to be sure the torrent traffic is going through the VPN correctly and I've also not accidentally made my network more vulnerable to intrusions?

So two things you should do:

1. Use a "Check my IP" Torrent Site like http://checkmyip.torrentprivacy.com/

You need to do the "BitTorrent Proxy Option" on that site.  It has you start a torrent download and then shows the IP address that the Torrent shows you working from.  As long as the IP it shows you is not the same as google reports your IP to be then you are good.

2. Second thing to do is to make sure you are using the right DNS server for your VPN provider.  Just using 8.8,8,8 is a great test to get things working but to truly hide your DNS lookups you'll need to use one from your VPN provider.

The first step will check that your torrents are truly going through the VPN.  The second one just plugs you from DNS leaks that can still trace back your traffic to you.  With BixHex's client you are essentially making a direct VPN between your Downloader and your VPN provider so you shouldn't need to worry about becoming "more vulnerable" there is still the possibility of someone gaining access to your docker container but it is a much smaller attach surface and the container itself can be easily "reset" by stopping and starting the container.

42 minutes ago, Lipora said:

So two things you should do:

1. Use a "Check my IP" Torrent Site like http://checkmyip.torrentprivacy.com/

You need to do the "BitTorrent Proxy Option" on that site.  It has you start a torrent download and then shows the IP address that the Torrent shows you working from.  As long as the IP it shows you is not the same as google reports your IP to be then you are good.

2. Second thing to do is to make sure you are using the right DNS server for your VPN provider.  Just using 8.8,8,8 is a great test to get things working but to truly hide your DNS lookups you'll need to use one from your VPN provider.

The first step will check that your torrents are truly going through the VPN.  The second one just plugs you from DNS leaks that can still trace back your traffic to you.  With BixHex's client you are essentially making a direct VPN between your Downloader and your VPN provider so you shouldn't need to worry about becoming "more vulnerable" there is still the possibility of someone gaining access to your docker container but it is a much smaller attach surface and the container itself can be easily "reset" by stopping and starting the container.

Happy to report that the routing through the VPN works correctly, as the IP check does not show my real IP address. My VPN provider unfortunately doesn't offer DNS servers, meaning I'll have to make do with public ones. I already have a lifetime license so switching providers would not be a financially prudent move, I just hope the VPN itself will offer enough of added privacy/security.

Having done some more testing, I have run into two new issues.

1. My speeds are quite slow, around 2.5 MiBs per second at most, I understand that I might need to forward a port at my VPN provider to improve speeds, however, I don't know where to find which port I need to forward. I have tried going into Preferences -> Network -> Incoming Port and specifying a port there (the default was 0) and then forwarded the port at my VPN provider, this did not lead to a speed increase tho.

2. I don't know where my completed downloads are. In the deluge settings there is the default download path of "/home/nobody/Downloads" but in the File Manager of my NAS, I can't find such a path. The file structure of my NAS looks like this:

DS918plus
-docker
-downloads
--complete
---torrents
-other

And I have configured the following mounts in the docker container:

Folder - Mount
downloads/complete/torrents - /data
docker/deluge - /config

I would like to move the already completed downloads in the downloads/complete/torrents folder but can't find them. I would also like to set the same folder as the default for future downloads but don't know what I need to enter in deluge in order to achieve that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

9 hours ago, HelpRequester said:

Having done some more testing, I have run into two new issues.

1. My speeds are quite slow, around 2.5 MiBs per second at most, I understand that I might need to forward a port at my VPN provider to improve speeds, however, I don't know where to find which port I need to forward. I have tried going into Preferences -> Network -> Incoming Port and specifying a port there (the default was 0) and then forwarded the port at my VPN provider, this did not lead to a speed increase tho.

2. I don't know where my completed downloads are. In the deluge settings there is the default download path of "/home/nobody/Downloads" but in the File Manager of my NAS, I can't find such a path. The file structure of my NAS looks like this:

DS918plus
-docker
-downloads
--complete
---torrents
-other

And I have configured the following mounts in the docker container:

Folder - Mount
downloads/complete/torrents - /data
docker/deluge - /config

I would like to move the already completed downloads in the downloads/complete/torrents folder but can't find them. I would also like to set the same folder as the default for future downloads but don't know what I need to enter in deluge in order to achieve that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

#1 - So VPN's like this usually have special options for Port Forwarding. It will depend on your VPN provider and what they have set...this Deluge Client I haven't seen the ability to facilitate the Port Forwarding. It may not be possible but I'll defer to anyone else on this one.  I can't see how it could work based on how Docker Containers work with Networking.

#2 - You have to consider that the container has its own "Special File System" that only exists inside the container.  When you setup your folder mounts this is a way to "map" one of the folders you have outside of the container, into the container.  From the mounts I see, It looks like you are mounting your "Downloads/complete/torrents" folder into a folder inside the container called /data.  What that means is that in Deluge you want your completed downloads to be placed into the /data folder and then you will see that in your Synology in the Downloads/Complete/Torrents folder.  From there you can point plex at that folder or do your post processing on that folder and move them into a media library.

Are you using other containers that need to interact with these files? i.e. Sonarr and Radarr? or just the downloader?

Hi. So my DelugeVPN in Docker was working pretty slowly. Then I stupidly decided to play around with it and using the "clear" function in the Synology DSM docker app. I read online that this was one way to update the container. I figured it was worth a shot and that it probably wouldn't completely break it, which is exactly what has happened. So, now when I try to turn the container on, it refuses to run, and I get this message in the log:  "/bin/bash: /root/init.sh: No such file or directory" over and over.

All my settings still seem to be the same, and all my data is still there in the established /config folder. Any ideas what I did wrong and how I can I get Deluge running again?

Edited by Ranzingabon Hagglesmith

I have nord vpn but i dont know to get it work. I do somting wrong but dont know how to fix it.  Help me please :)

2019-08-29 14:50:59.376266 [info] System information Linux binhex-arch-delugevpn1 4.4.59+ #24922 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 19 12:13:37 CST 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux 2019-08-29 14:50:59.442527 [warn] PUID not defined (via -e PUID), defaulting to '99' 2019-08-29 14:50:59.512485 [warn] PGID not defined (via -e PGID), defaulting to '100' 2019-08-29 14:50:59.612994 [warn] UMASK not defined (via -e UMASK), defaulting to '000' 2019-08-29 14:50:59.678641 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings 2019-08-29 14:50:59.751486 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info' 2019-08-29 14:50:59.816633 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info' 2019-08-29 14:50:59.881767 [warn] VPN_ENABLED not defined,(via -e VPN_ENABLED), defaulting to 'yes' 2019-08-29 14:50:59.955020 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/lu40.nordvpn.com.tcp.ovpn dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/lu40.nordvpn.com.tcp.ovpn to Unix format... 2019-08-29 14:51:00.060290 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote 185.153.151.48 443' 2019-08-29 14:51:00.126491 [info] VPN_REMOTE defined as '185.153.151.48' 2019-08-29 14:51:00.193061 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '443' 2019-08-29 14:51:00.267623 [info] VPN_PROTOCOL defined as 'tcp-client' 2019-08-29 14:51:00.335255 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'tun0' 2019-08-29 14:51:00.400680 [crit] VPN_PROV not defined,(via -e VPN_PROV), exiting...

9 hours ago, Lipora said:

#1 - So VPN's like this usually have special options for Port Forwarding. It will depend on your VPN provider and what they have set...this Deluge Client I haven't seen the ability to facilitate the Port Forwarding. It may not be possible but I'll defer to anyone else on this one.  I can't see how it could work based on how Docker Containers work with Networking.

#2 - You have to consider that the container has its own "Special File System" that only exists inside the container.  When you setup your folder mounts this is a way to "map" one of the folders you have outside of the container, into the container.  From the mounts I see, It looks like you are mounting your "Downloads/complete/torrents" folder into a folder inside the container called /data.  What that means is that in Deluge you want your completed downloads to be placed into the /data folder and then you will see that in your Synology in the Downloads/Complete/Torrents folder.  From there you can point plex at that folder or do your post processing on that folder and move them into a media library.

Are you using other containers that need to interact with these files? i.e. Sonarr and Radarr? or just the downloader?

1. The way it works with my VPN provider is that I have to select which port to forward. I enter the what they call the "internal port" to forward and that gets mapped to an external port, either the same number port that I select or a random based on my choosing. My problem is that I don't know what my internal port is supposed to be in this scenario. I tried setting one in Preferences -> Network -> Incoming Port and then forwarding that port at my VPN provider but it did not lead to any speed increase. From the opening posts by binhex in this thread, it seems that port forwarding is essential to reach your maximum speed potential, unfortunately I don't yet know the right ones to choose.

2. This I was able to fix. I entered the path "/data" as my desired download location and now new downloads show up there. I was able to move my completed torrents by selecting the "move download folder" option from within Deluge. I still don't know where from it moved the downloads but they did get moved into the desired folder so I guess it ultimately matters little.

3 minutes ago, HelpRequester said:

From the opening posts by binhex in this thread, it seems that port forwarding is essential to reach your maximum speed potential, unfortunately I don't yet know the right ones to choose.

There is nothing to configure for this. You just need to connect to an endpoint from your VPN provider which supports port forwarding.

26 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

There is nothing to configure for this. You just need to connect to an endpoint from your VPN provider which supports port forwarding.

According to the documentation of my VPN provider, all their servers offer port forwarding so this should not be an issue.

This site describes how to use it: https://vnm.windscribe.net/support/article/37/what-is-ephemeral-port-forwarding-and-how-to-use-it

As I have mentioned, it seems the thing I'm missing is the correct internal port that deluge is using.

According to the documentation of my VPN provider, all their servers offer port forwarding so this should not be an issue.

This site describes how to use it: https://vnm.windscribe.net/support/article/37/what-is-ephemeral-port-forwarding-and-how-to-use-it

As I have mentioned, it seems the thing I'm missing is the correct internal port that deluge is using.
Get a port forward from your VPN provider, configure deluge to use this port as the 'incoming port', test the port is open and connectable by using one of the many port checker websites, that's it in a nut shell

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, HelpRequester said:

1. The way it works with my VPN provider is that I have to select which port to forward. I enter the what they call the "internal port" to forward and that gets mapped to an external port, either the same number port that I select or a random based on my choosing. My problem is that I don't know what my internal port is supposed to be in this scenario. I tried setting one in Preferences -> Network -> Incoming Port and then forwarding that port at my VPN provider but it did not lead to any speed increase. From the opening posts by binhex in this thread, it seems that port forwarding is essential to reach your maximum speed potential, unfortunately I don't yet know the right ones to choose.

2. This I was able to fix. I entered the path "/data" as my desired download location and now new downloads show up there. I was able to move my completed torrents by selecting the "move download folder" option from within Deluge. I still don't know where from it moved the downloads but they did get moved into the desired folder so I guess it ultimately matters little.

Have you watched space invaders video on delugevpn?  It doesn’t seem like it since your container mappings aren’t correct. 

On 8/29/2019 at 8:04 PM, Lipora said:

Hello BixHex,

I just updated to the latest version a few days ago and I cannot get it running on my Synology.  I've been using the previous versions for some time but this one has started giving me grief.  When I start the docker container I get the error:

/bin/bash: /root/init.sh: No such file or directory

It's as though it's trying to run the inital run script to see that all the previous config files are in place etc. but not being able to do so as it cannot locate that /root/init.sh location on the synology.  I know Synology Docker is a bit different than others with its file locations but most containers I've been able to get working.  This one I'm struggling with.  Any advise would be helpful.

Added: Found a reference to the fact that /bin/bash might not be available in Synology Docker?!

It’s because bash is not part of the image. Launching shell with /bin/sh would work. However, I don’t know if it’s possible to configure that on Synology...

Any help would be great.

Hiya Lipora - have you been able to solve the init.sh problem? That's the exact problem I'm having since I tried to update my Deluge by using the "clear" function in the Synology DSM Docker. My setup is entirely crippled without Deluge! 

5 hours ago, binhex said:

Get a port forward from your VPN provider, configure deluge to use this port as the 'incoming port', test the port is open and connectable by using one of the many port checker websites, that's it in a nut shell

I used this site:

https://www.portcheckers.com/

with the IP that my tracker reports that I'm using (the one that, from my understanding, is the VPN one as it differs from the one that's reported for my desktop) and the port I have forwarded at my VPN provider as well as set as the incoming port in the Deluge settings. When doing this, the site reports the port as open, does this mean that my slow down- and upload speeds are caused by something other than port forwarding?

Possible someone has some insight as to not able to access the webui?  Have had delugevpn working for perhaps 2 years (works great!), with PIA.  the webui stopped working in the last few weeks.  The webui will come up if I toggle VPN_ENABLED to no.  I noticed PIA updated the .OVPN files a week ago - placed the new .ovpn (Vancouver) and crt/pem files in the openvpn folder.  Tried France as well (both listed as supporting port forwarding.).

Here are the settings:

image.thumb.png.78fe097cd880fc8804bc977b51ecb6c0.png

The log file:

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2019-08-31 21:15:45.315744 [info] System information Linux eb5447d344c3 4.19.55-Unraid #1 SMP Sat Jun 22 08:31:17 PDT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-08-31 21:15:45.357120 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-08-31 21:15:46.171595 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.628311 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.665228 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-08-31 21:15:47.707112 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.744765 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.797564 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.841459 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/CA Vancouver.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/CA Vancouver.ovpn to Unix format...
2019-08-31 21:15:47.896068 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com 1198'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.933969 [info] VPN_REMOTE defined as 'ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.974049 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '1198'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.020392 [info] VPN_PROTOCOL defined as 'udp'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.063345 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'tun0'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.105733 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.150080 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.0.0/24'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.187218 [info] NAME_SERVERS defined as '209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.224525 [info] VPN_USER defined as 'vpnuser'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.263013 [info] VPN_PASS defined as 'vpnpassword'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.301205 [info] VPN_OPTIONS not defined (via -e VPN_OPTIONS)
2019-08-31 21:15:48.338310 [info] STRICT_PORT_FORWARD defined as 'yes'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.375683 [info] ENABLE_PRIVOXY defined as 'no'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.420274 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2019-08-31 21:15:48,703 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/delugevpn.conf" during parsing
2019-08-31 21:15:48,703 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2019-08-31 21:15:48,707 INFO supervisord started with pid 10
2019-08-31 21:15:49,709 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 160
2019-08-31 21:15:49,711 INFO spawned: 'watchdog-script' with pid 161
2019-08-31 21:15:49,712 INFO reaped unknown pid 11
2019-08-31 21:15:49,718 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, beginning configuration of VPN

2019-08-31 21:15:49,719 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2019-08-31 21:15:49,719 INFO success: watchdog-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2019-08-31 21:15:49,723 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
dos2unix: converting file /config/core.conf to Unix format...

2019-08-31 21:15:49,791 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Default route for container is 172.17.0.1

2019-08-31 21:15:49,796 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.222 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,801 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.174 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,805 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.1.1.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,809 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 8.8.8.8 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,814 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.218 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,819 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.177 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,825 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,829 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 8.8.4.4 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,969 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Docker network defined as 172.17.0.0/16

2019-08-31 21:15:49,973 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 192.168.0.0/24 as route via docker eth0

2019-08-31 21:15:49,974 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ip route defined as follows...
--------------------

2019-08-31 21:15:49,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
default via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.5
192.168.0.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0

2019-08-31 21:15:49,976 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-08-31 21:15:49,979 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
iptable_mangle 16384 1
ip_tables 24576 3 iptable_filter,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle

2019-08-31 21:15:49,980 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] iptable_mangle support detected, adding fwmark for tables

2019-08-31 21:15:50,020 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------

2019-08-31 21:15:50,022 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD DROP
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 1198 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.0.0/24 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 1198 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 192.168.0.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 58846 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT

2019-08-31 21:15:50,024 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2019-08-31 21:15:50,046 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.7 [git:makepkg/2b8aec62d5db2c17+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Feb 19 2019
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019, LZO 2.10

2019-08-31 21:15:50,048 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2019-08-31 21:15:50,049 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198

2019-08-31 21:16:50,645 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.7 [git:makepkg/2b8aec62d5db2c17+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Feb 19 2019
Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019, LZO 2.10

2019-08-31 21:16:55,646 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198
Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198

2019-08-31 21:17:55,777 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:17:55 2019 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

2019-08-31 21:17:55,778 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:17:55 2019 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

Sat Aug 31 21:17:55 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

Possible someone has some insight as to not able to access the webui?  Have had delugevpn working for perhaps 2 years (works great!), with PIA.  the webui stopped working in the last few weeks.  The webui will come up if I toggle VPN_ENABLED to no.  I noticed PIA updated the .OVPN files a week ago - placed the new .ovpn (Vancouver) and crt/pem files in the openvpn folder.  Tried France as well (both listed as supporting port forwarding.).

Here are the settings:
image.thumb.png.78fe097cd880fc8804bc977b51ecb6c0.png

The log file:

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > |___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2019-08-31 21:15:45.315744 [info] System information Linux eb5447d344c3 4.19.55-Unraid #1 SMP Sat Jun 22 08:31:17 PDT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-08-31 21:15:45.357120 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-08-31 21:15:46.171595 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.628311 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.665228 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-08-31 21:15:47.707112 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.744765 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.797564 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.841459 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/CA Vancouver.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/CA Vancouver.ovpn to Unix format...
2019-08-31 21:15:47.896068 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com 1198'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.933969 [info] VPN_REMOTE defined as 'ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com'
2019-08-31 21:15:47.974049 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '1198'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.020392 [info] VPN_PROTOCOL defined as 'udp'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.063345 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'tun0'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.105733 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.150080 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.0.0/24'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.187218 [info] NAME_SERVERS defined as '209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.224525 [info] VPN_USER defined as 'vpnuser'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.263013 [info] VPN_PASS defined as 'vpnpassword'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.301205 [info] VPN_OPTIONS not defined (via -e VPN_OPTIONS)
2019-08-31 21:15:48.338310 [info] STRICT_PORT_FORWARD defined as 'yes'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.375683 [info] ENABLE_PRIVOXY defined as 'no'
2019-08-31 21:15:48.420274 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2019-08-31 21:15:48,703 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/delugevpn.conf" during parsing
2019-08-31 21:15:48,703 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2019-08-31 21:15:48,707 INFO supervisord started with pid 10
2019-08-31 21:15:49,709 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 160
2019-08-31 21:15:49,711 INFO spawned: 'watchdog-script' with pid 161
2019-08-31 21:15:49,712 INFO reaped unknown pid 11
2019-08-31 21:15:49,718 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-08-31 21:15:49,719 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2019-08-31 21:15:49,719 INFO success: watchdog-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2019-08-31 21:15:49,723 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
dos2unix: converting file /config/core.conf to Unix format...

2019-08-31 21:15:49,791 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-08-31 21:15:49,796 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.222 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,801 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.174 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,805 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.1.1.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,809 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-08-31 21:15:49,814 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.218 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,819 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.177 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,825 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2019-08-31 21:15:49,829 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-08-31 21:15:49,969 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-08-31 21:15:49,973 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-08-31 21:15:49,974 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-08-31 21:15:49,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.5

2019-08-31 21:15:49,976 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-08-31 21:15:49,979 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
iptable_mangle 16384 1
ip_tables 24576 3 iptable_filter,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle

2019-08-31 21:15:49,980 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-08-31 21:15:50,020 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-08-31 21:15:50,022 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD DROP
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

--------------------

2019-08-31 21:15:50,046 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.7 [git:makepkg/2b8aec62d5db2c17+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Feb 19 2019
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019, LZO 2.10

2019-08-31 21:15:50,048 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2019-08-31 21:15:50,049 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sat Aug 31 21:15:50 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198

Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 [uNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.7 [git:makepkg/2b8aec62d5db2c17+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Feb 19 2019
Sat Aug 31 21:16:50 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019, LZO 2.10

Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198
Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sat Aug 31 21:16:55 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]96.118.155.112:1198

2019-08-31 21:17:55,777 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Aug 31 21:17:55 2019 [uNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

Sat Aug 31 21:17:55 2019 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

Sat Aug 31 21:17:55 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Comcast is screwing with you and hijacking your DNS query for the end point, you need to get that turned off.

ok.  set DNS on router and the docker to just use google dns (8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4).  Same outcome.  Put static IP for the PIA server in the .ovpn file, but the log gives the port forwarding error (tried both vancouver and montreal, which are listed as supporting port forwarding), but webui comes up.  Preliminary research shows I'd probably need a router to support DNSmasq to get past comcast highjacking the dns request.  Are you aware of an alternative?  Thank you for the help!

log:

2019-09-01 11:30:14.654683 [info] System information Linux cf77fb93c64e 4.19.55-Unraid #1 SMP Sat Jun 22 08:31:17 PDT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-09-01 11:30:14.692729 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-09-01 11:30:14.733555 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.495578 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.532925 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-09-01 11:30:15.574379 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.612728 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.650402 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.694916 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/CA Montreal.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/CA Montreal.ovpn to Unix format...
2019-09-01 11:30:15.749879 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote 199.229.249.140 1198'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.787831 [info] VPN_REMOTE defined as '199.229.249.140'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.833901 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '1198'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.875820 [info] VPN_PROTOCOL defined as 'udp'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.915620 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'tun0'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.953417 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.993647 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.0.0/24'
2019-09-01 11:30:16.034373 [info] NAME_SERVERS defined as '8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4'
2019-09-01 11:30:16.072236 [info] VPN_USER defined as 'user'
2019-09-01 11:30:16.110315 [info] VPN_PASS defined as 'password'
2019-09-01 11:30:16.148060 [info] VPN_OPTIONS not defined (via -e VPN_OPTIONS)
2019-09-01 11:30:16.185550 [info] STRICT_PORT_FORWARD defined as 'yes'
2019-09-01 11:30:16.226503 [info] ENABLE_PRIVOXY defined as 'no'
2019-09-01 11:30:16.271766 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2019-09-01 11:30:16,537 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/delugevpn.conf" during parsing
2019-09-01 11:30:16,538 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2019-09-01 11:30:16,541 INFO supervisord started with pid 6
2019-09-01 11:30:16,537 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/delugevpn.conf" during parsing
2019-09-01 11:30:17,544 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 149
2019-09-01 11:30:17,546 INFO spawned: 'watchdog-script' with pid 150
2019-09-01 11:30:17,546 INFO reaped unknown pid 7
2019-09-01 11:30:17,553 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,554 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2019-09-01 11:30:17,554 INFO success: watchdog-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2019-09-01 11:30:17,557 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
dos2unix:
converting file /config/core.conf to Unix format...

2019-09-01 11:30:17,668 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,672 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,676 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,680 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,712 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,716 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,718 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-09-01 11:30:17,720 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.4

--------------------

2019-09-01 11:30:17,723 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
iptable_mangle 16384 2
ip_tables 24576 5 iptable_filter,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle

2019-09-01 11:30:17,724 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,763 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-09-01 11:30:17,765 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD DROP
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

2019-09-01 11:30:17,767 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-09-01 11:30:17,783 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.7 [git:makepkg/2b8aec62d5db2c17+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Feb 19 2019
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019, LZO 2.10

2019-09-01 11:30:17,784 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2019-09-01 11:30:17,785 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]199.229.249.140:1198

Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]199.229.249.140:1198

2019-09-01 11:30:18,217 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:18 2019 [8afa1118096e2faab887e67d29332f3d] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]199.229.249.140:1198

2019-09-01 11:30:19,337 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:19 2019 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Sun Sep 1 11:30:19 2019 /usr/bin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500

2019-09-01 11:30:19,339 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:19 2019 /usr/bin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.80.10.6 peer 10.80.10.5

2019-09-01 11:30:19,340 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:19 2019 /root/openvpnup.sh tun0 1500 1558 10.80.10.6 10.80.10.5 init

2019-09-01 11:30:19,350 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:19 2019 Initialization Sequence Completed

2019-09-01 11:30:19,477 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Port forwarding is enabled
[info] Checking endpoint '199.229.249.140' is port forward enabled...

Sun Sep 1 11:30:19 2019 /usr/bin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.80.10.6 peer 10.80.10.5

Sun Sep 1 11:30:19 2019 /root/openvpnup.sh tun0 1500 1558 10.80.10.6 10.80.10.5 init

2019-09-01 11:30:19,504 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82...

2019-09-01 11:30:20,554 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Curl successful for https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82, response code 200

2019-09-01 11:30:20,886 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint '199.229.249.140' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-

2019-09-01 11:30:20,887 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2019-09-01 11:30:20,913 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=c642926ef6183f16b694d25bc3e503a9fa7839683e96436051193b2ad578f892...

2019-09-01 11:30:21,574 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Curl successful for http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=c642926ef6183f16b694d25bc3e503a9fa7839683e96436051193b2ad578f892, response code 200

2019-09-01 11:30:21,615 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned incoming port 44987

2019-09-01 11:30:21,617 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:21,802 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] DNS operational, we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address '172.217.165.4'

2019-09-01 11:30:21,806 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using Name Server 'ns1.google.com'...

2019-09-01 11:30:22,219 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 199.229.249.140

2019-09-01 11:30:22,501 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.80.10.6 different, marking for reconfigure

2019-09-01 11:30:22,505 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

2019-09-01 11:30:22,509 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

[info] Deluge incoming port 6890 and VPN incoming port 44987 different, marking for reconfigure

2019-09-01 11:30:22,510 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...
[info] Removing deluge pid file (if it exists)...

2019-09-01 11:30:24,355 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' currently has a value of '10.1.11.10'
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' will have a new value '10.80.10.6'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2019-09-01 11:30:24,660 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' currently has a value of 'tun0'
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' will have a new value 'tun0'

2019-09-01 11:30:24,934 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' currently has a value of 'a1b91b5489ec17c4d147c3063509a7a8cfa43cfd'
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' will have a new value 'a1b91b5489ec17c4d147c3063509a7a8cfa43cfd'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/web.conf'...

2019-09-01 11:30:25,772 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2019-09-01 11:30:26,252 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2019-09-01 11:30:32,210 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "random_port" to: False
Configuration value successfully updated.

2019-09-01 11:30:39,973 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "listen_ports" to: (44987, 44987)

2019-09-01 11:30:45,834 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

8 minutes ago, ispoonfite said:

ok.  set DNS on router and the docker to just use google dns (8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4).  Same outcome.  Put static IP for the PIA server in the .ovpn file, but the log gives the port forwarding error (tried both vancouver and montreal, which are listed as supporting port forwarding), but webui comes up.  Preliminary research shows I'd probably need a router to support DNSmasq to get past comcast highjacking the dns request.  Are you aware of an alternative?  Thank you for the help!

log:

2019-09-01 11:30:14.654683 [info] System information Linux cf77fb93c64e 4.19.55-Unraid #1 SMP Sat Jun 22 08:31:17 PDT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-09-01 11:30:14.692729 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-09-01 11:30:14.733555 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.495578 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.532925 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-09-01 11:30:15.574379 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.612728 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL not defined,(via -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL), defaulting to 'info'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.650402 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.694916 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/CA Montreal.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/CA Montreal.ovpn to Unix format...
2019-09-01 11:30:15.749879 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote 199.229.249.140 1198'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.787831 [info] VPN_REMOTE defined as '199.229.249.140'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.833901 [info] VPN_PORT defined as '1198'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.875820 [info] VPN_PROTOCOL defined as 'udp'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.915620 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'tun0'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.953417 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'
2019-09-01 11:30:15.993647 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.0.0/24'
2019-09-01 11:30:17,544 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 149
2019-09-01 11:30:17,546 INFO spawned: 'watchdog-script' with pid 150
2019-09-01 11:30:17,546 INFO reaped unknown pid 7
2019-09-01 11:30:17,553 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,554 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2019-09-01 11:30:17,554 INFO success: watchdog-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
dos2unix:
converting file /config/core.conf to Unix format...

2019-09-01 11:30:17,668 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,672 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,676 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,680 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,712 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,716 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,718 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.4

--------------------

2019-09-01 11:30:17,723 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
iptable_mangle 16384 2
ip_tables 24576 5 iptable_filter,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle

2019-09-01 11:30:17,724 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:17,763 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2019-09-01 11:30:17,765 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD DROP
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

--------------------

2019-09-01 11:30:17,783 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 OpenVPN 2.4.7 [git:makepkg/2b8aec62d5db2c17+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Feb 19 2019
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1c 28 May 2019, LZO 2.10

2019-09-01 11:30:17,784 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]199.229.249.140:1198

Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Sep 1 11:30:17 2019 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]199.229.249.140:1198

2019-09-01 11:30:18,217 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Sep 1 11:30:18 2019 [8afa1118096e2faab887e67d29332f3d] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]199.229.249.140:1198

2019-09-01 11:30:19,504 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82...

2019-09-01 11:30:20,554 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Curl successful for https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/vpninfo/servers?version=82, response code 200

[warn] PIA endpoint '199.229.249.140' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-

2019-09-01 11:30:20,887 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2019-09-01 11:30:20,913 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=c642926ef6183f16b694d25bc3e503a9fa7839683e96436051193b2ad578f892...

2019-09-01 11:30:21,574 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Curl successful for http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=c642926ef6183f16b694d25bc3e503a9fa7839683e96436051193b2ad578f892, response code 200

2019-09-01 11:30:21,615 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned incoming port 44987

2019-09-01 11:30:21,617 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2019-09-01 11:30:21,802 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] DNS operational, we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address '172.217.165.4'

2019-09-01 11:30:21,806 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using Name Server 'ns1.google.com'...

2019-09-01 11:30:22,219 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 199.229.249.140

2019-09-01 11:30:22,501 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.80.10.6 different, marking for reconfigure

2019-09-01 11:30:22,505 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

[info] Deluge Web UI not running

[info] Deluge incoming port 6890 and VPN incoming port 44987 different, marking for reconfigure

2019-09-01 11:30:22,510 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...
[info] Removing deluge pid file (if it exists)...

2019-09-01 11:30:24,355 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' currently has a value of '10.1.11.10'
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' will have a new value '10.80.10.6'

2019-09-01 11:30:24,660 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' currently has a value of 'tun0'
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' will have a new value 'tun0'

2019-09-01 11:30:24,934 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' currently has a value of 'a1b91b5489ec17c4d147c3063509a7a8cfa43cfd'
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' will have a new value 'a1b91b5489ec17c4d147c3063509a7a8cfa43cfd'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/web.conf'...

2019-09-01 11:30:25,772 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2019-09-01 11:30:26,252 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2019-09-01 11:30:39,973 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "listen_ports" to: (44987, 44987)

[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

Do you have or are you using a 3rd party VP’? The vpn site you are using might not support port forwarding.  That’s what the logs tell me. 

1. You chose pita as your vpn and you are using a site that doesn’t support port forwarding.