[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Used the static IP for the ca-montreal site in the .opvn file - I get the same error for 3 sites that PIA lists as supporting port forwarding (vancouver, france, montreal, all using static IP instead).  It is working and DL speeds do not seem effected, thinking it is what it is.
It is s warning not an error, the log you posted shows it does get a port assigned, so it all looks good to me.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 8/31/2019 at 12:33 PM, Ranzingabon Hagglesmith said:

Hiya Lipora - have you been able to solve the init.sh problem? That's the exact problem I'm having since I tried to update my Deluge by using the "clear" function in the Synology DSM Docker. My setup is entirely crippled without Deluge! 

No nothing yet.  Was hoping to see an update possibly from BinHex but notta...

On 8/31/2019 at 7:33 PM, Ranzingabon Hagglesmith said:

Hiya Lipora - have you been able to solve the init.sh problem? That's the exact problem I'm having since I tried to update my Deluge by using the "clear" function in the Synology DSM Docker. My setup is entirely crippled without Deluge! 

The issue is with the Synology implementation of Docker (or perhaps use of Ouroboros? see end of this post) , for whatever reason it is not running the correct command on startup leading to the error:-

/bin/bash: /root/init.sh: No such file or directory

This also affected people running the linux application ouroboros (similar to watchtower), i confirmed the docker image is correct and a manual pull and run works on all platforms i could test on (mac, unraid (linux), and ubuntu). 

11 hours ago, Lipora said:

No nothing yet.  Was hoping to see an update possibly from BinHex but notta...

so with nothing to fix im afraid there wont be an update, at least not an update to fix this issue as this looks (to me at least) to be a Synology specific issue.

see here for the original 'issue' raised on github:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/issues/124

p.s. are you guys by any chance using Ouroboros in a docker container on your Synology appliance?.

Edited by binhex
7 hours ago, binhex said:

The issue is with the Synology implementation of Docker (or perhaps use of Ouroboros? see end of this post) , for whatever reason it is not running the correct command on startup leading to the error:-

This also affected people running the linux application ouroboros (similar to watchtower), i confirmed the docker image is correct and a manual pull and run works on all platforms i could test on (mac, unraid (linux), and ubuntu). 

so with nothing to fix im afraid there wont be an update, at least not an update to fix this issue as this looks (to me at least) to be a Synology specific issue.

p.s. are you guys by any chance using Ouroboros in a docker container on your Synology appliance?.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using any Ouroboros, so that's not causing the problem on my end. The only active containers I typically have are Sonarr, Jackett, and my beloved DelugeVPN.

Hmmm, is there I way I can manually fix this problem I'm experiencing manually? Or just use the correct start command manually? Or maybe revert to an earlier version...

10 hours ago, binhex said:

Okay, update:

I figured out on my own how to switch  back to an earlier version of DelugeVPN. I was able to get 2.0.3-1-04 running -- but not 1-05 or 1-06, so some change that occurred after 1-04 creates this problem on Synology docker, if that helps anyone.

Then I found out that Deluge 2+ hasn't been whitelisted yet in a lot of places so I reverted to 1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04 which is relatively sluggish but functional.

14 minutes ago, Kir said:

Hi,

It looks like the latest version of Deluge ignores the proxy settings. I've always had it set up with Socks5 auth to port 1080, and now it just totally ignores it.

Is it a known issue?

this has been a known issue for years with deluge, this is THE reason that i created delugevpn :-)

1 minute ago, binhex said:

so just to check, im assuming you have VPN_ENABLED set to 'no' then, right?

Correct

2019-09-06 10:58:02.532672 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'no'
2019-09-06 10:58:02.562400 [warn] !!IMPORTANT!! VPN IS SET TO DISABLED', YOU WILL NOT BE SECURE

6 minutes ago, Kir said:

Correct

2019-09-06 10:58:02.532672 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'no'
2019-09-06 10:58:02.562400 [warn] !!IMPORTANT!! VPN IS SET TO DISABLED', YOU WILL NOT BE SECURE

ok then im afraid for now your only option is to roll back to deluge 1.x, if you want to get it fixed in deluge 2.x then you could also raise an issue with deluge dev.

p.s. as i alluded to earlier, socks proxy is NOT a secure method (at least it wasnt for deluge 1.x last time i checked) , if the socks proxy connection drops for whatever reason then deluge will happily switch over to sending traffic over your LAN. i would encourage you to switch VPN provider and go with one that does support port forwarding, such as PIA.

Edited by binhex
1 hour ago, binhex said:

ok then im afraid for now your only option is to roll back to deluge 1.x, if you want to get it fixed in deluge 2.x then you could also raise an issue with deluge dev.

p.s. as i alluded to earlier, socks proxy is NOT a secure method (at least it wasnt for deluge 1.x last time i checked) , if the socks proxy connection drops for whatever reason then deluge will happily switch over to sending traffic over your LAN. i would encourage you to switch VPN provider and go with one that does support port forwarding, such as PIA.

Rolling back to 1.3.15_18 fixed the issue.

PS: In my case, it's secure enough - I only allow socks connections from that host. This is how I found out it broke ;)

Edited by Kir

Let me start by saying, I don't believe I am having and issues with my setup; everything seems to be working as it should. This is more for my personal knowledge. 

Now, these are probably dumb questions and have probably already been answered but I was unable to find a solid answer from my searches. I am very new to this so please forgive my ignorance....

I have DelugeVPN setup to download "/data/incomplete", once the download completes, it moves to file/folder to "/data/completed". This is working flawlessly. 

I have the Sonarr container path: /media set to "/mnt/user/T.V. Shows/" and the container path: /data set to "/mnt/user/Downloads/". 

I have Radarr set up similarly; container path: /media set to "/mnt/user/Movies/" and the container path: /data set to "/mnt/user/Downloads/".

I set Sonarr to download a TV Show, it went into Deluge as it should have. When it began downloading it was in the "incomplete" folder. When it finished downloading, it was moved to the "completed" folder. I then looked in my T.V. Shows folder and found the new folder with the individual season folder inside. 

I have Sonarr, Radarr, and Jackett setup to fetch the downloads. This is where my confusion sets in. To my understanding, Sonarr and Radarr are supposed to move the downloads from "/data/completed" to the appropriate media folders once Deluge has finished downloading them. As I mentioned, this appears to be happening.

My first question is, how does this magic happen? I guess I'm just confused about the flow of everything. 

Second question: after Sonarr moved the download file from the "completed" folder, I now have two copies of the downloaded file. One copy is still in the "completed" folder and the other is in "/mnt/user/T.V. Shows/" folder. Is this because the file is still seeding in Deluge? 

Sorry for the long post, I also attached an image of my settings in unraid. 

File Mappings.jpg

Hi,

Has anyone got this to work with vpn unlimited, I don't want to sign up for another vpn service.

I tried following space invaders deluge vpn video. I can get deluge webui to run if i disable vpn. 

When I run the configuration it doesn't create appdata/binhex-delugevpn/"openvpn" folder

Thanks

Bernard

open vpn folder.jpg

46 minutes ago, bgeorge104 said:

Has anyone got this to work with vpn unlimited, I don't want to sign up for another vpn service.

I took a good look around their website, and I found two pertinent things. 1, they only allow P2P / torrenting on some of their endpoints, 2, they don't mention how to get an open port, so you are going to need to get in touch with their tech support to see if they even support port forwarding.

You are probably going to be swimming upstream pretty hard trying to get this working, I guess it depends how much your time is worth chasing it.

I took a good look around their website, and I found two pertinent things. 1, they only allow P2P / torrenting on some of their endpoints, 2, they don't mention how to get an open port, so you are going to need to get in touch with their tech support to see if they even support port forwarding.

You are probably going to be swimming upstream pretty hard trying to get this working, I guess it depends how much your time is worth chasing it.

Thanks for your help. I created another vm for torrenting after the last one stopped being able to browse shares on the unraid server. At the moment all is working as it should.

Bernard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this working for mw with VPN Unlimited until a few weeks ago. Got a different VPN service and got it running but I think the reason it stopped working was some configuration on my side, I had it running for a while. Then I read reviews and they are not very convenient if you mostly use it for torrenting. But still I know for a fact it'll run, just won't be the fastest