[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

2 minutes ago, bgeorge104 said:

Has anyone setup binhex delugevpn recently?
I don’t want to sign up for pia have the grief of trying to get a refund from pia.

Thanks

Bernard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been using DelugeVPN with PIA for more than a year. Works great. This docker is tailored to work with PIA.

Signed up, it’s working. How do I click on a link & get deluge to start downloading how utorrent used to? When I click a link it downloads the file to a location. I can then point deluge to that location & the download proceeds, not ideal.

I think I’ve got it using deluge siphon.

Now I have another problem. My files are downloaded to /mnt/user/Downloads under container path. But when mover runs the files are not moved to the array! I can browse to the files from the main tab,
cache devices,
Docker,
Binhex delugevpn,
Downloads\completed

My files are there but I can’t do anything with them.

Need some help?

Thanks

Bernard

@binhex

Having same issue has someone in this thread several pages back. The issue "write UDP: Operation not permitted (code=1)" that appears to be isolated to your dockers. I tried your:

binhex delugevpn

binhex qbittorrentvpn

Both come out with write UDP: Operation not permitted (code=1)

I tried delugevpn-flexget  from paulpoco/arch-delugevpn using the same openvpn file, and it works just fine.

Please let me know what I can give you to help sort this out.

I am a bit confused with some of the answers I am seeing and wonder if the confusion lies with which version Deluge people are using.  I am trying to install the Itconfig plugin but it won't install.  I hear it's because Deluge v2 can't support the older plugins?  (Weird, I'd assume all plugins would be backwards compatible) When I try to install the egg file I just get a bracketed message inside the "browse to" window that shows [object FileList] and pressing Install seems to load something for a split second by the plugin does not get installed.  I do have the correct versions of python and the python setuptools installed as well as pip via the Nerd Pack.  I'm assuming this is a known issue?  Is there any work around for this?  Or am I doing something wrong?

As an aside, am I correct in assuming applying this plugin would be ok and not harm any of the VPN functionality of the client/container?

12 minutes ago, DontWorryScro said:

I am a bit confused with some of the answers I am seeing and wonder if the confusion lies with which version Deluge people are using.  I am trying to install the Itconfig plugin but it won't install.  I hear it's because Deluge v2 can't support the older plugins?  (Weird, I'd assume all plugins would be backwards compatible) When I try to install the egg file I just get a bracketed message inside the "browse to" window that shows [object FileList] and pressing Install seems to load something for a split second by the plugin does not get installed.  I do have the correct versions of python and the python setuptools installed as well as pip via the Nerd Pack.  I'm assuming this is a known issue?  Is there any work around for this?  Or am I doing something wrong?

As an aside, am I correct in assuming applying this plugin would be ok and not harm any of the VPN functionality of the client/container?

The problem isn’t that the plugins aren’t backwards compatible, rather that they aren’t forwards compatible. Deluge v2 is built on python 3. Most of the plugins are built on python 2 as well as the Windows and macOS GTK clients. There is an updated itConfig plugin from what I understand though. You just need to be sure your installing the python 3 version. If you scroll through the last couple of pages of this thread I believe someone posted a link to it.

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

The problem isn’t that the plugins aren’t backwards compatible, rather that they aren’t forwards compatible. Deluge v2 is built on python 3. Most of the plugins are built on python 2 as well as the Windows and macOS GTK clients. There is an updated itConfig plugin from what I understand though. You just need to be sure your installing the python 3 version. If you scroll through the last couple of pages of this thread I believe someone posted a link to it.

Got it.  Makes sense.  I was misunderstanding. 

So yea I did find the link to the updated plugin that supposedly works here:

https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-ltconfig/issues/17#issuecomment-509252150

But I'm still getting that [object FileList] text inside the install browser window when I add it which in turns remains to install.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

7 minutes ago, DontWorryScro said:

Ok ya that's a different version than the one I just linked but still the same end result.  Am I wrong to be saving the file to my local PC and attempting to apply through the thin client?  Frankly I don't know any other way to do it.  Is the [object FileList] message normal after selecting the file?

Last time I checked, most versions of the thin client hadn’t been updated yet. You should try either the webUI or install it manually to your appdata folder.

4 hours ago, DontWorryScro said:

Thank you.  Dropping it in to the plugins folder for deluge in appdata did the trick.

Just out of curiosity, which plugin did you install? I have been waiting on several plugins to get updated before installing Deluge v2 and trying to keep a running list of which are already there.