[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok and im assuming you have previously been using the same username when it was working ok, which kinda rules that out yes?.

if so then please follow the procedure i linked to previously.

Username has been static, but the password has changed a number of times as it's generated every time I pull down a new config file or change the static IP's port through Windscribe.

Supervisor file is attached.

supervisord 10-9-2019.txt

7 minutes ago, BBLV said:

Username has been static, but the password has changed a number of times as it's generated every time I pull down a new config file or change the static IP's port through Windscribe.

Supervisor file is attached.

supervisord 10-9-2019.txt 22.26 kB · 0 downloads

ok two things stick out here:-

Wed Oct  9 10:10:00 2019 WARNING: 'auth' is used inconsistently, local='auth SHA512', remote='auth [null-digest]'

so that is a bit odd, it looks like the ovpn file and the openvpn server at the other end disagree on authentication method, however i dont see auth failed in the log, so it is a warning.

the other odd thing is no progression past waiting for deluge to listen, or at least not in that log you posted, has it got further than the following line in the log now or is it still stuck here? :-

[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

17 minutes ago, binhex said:

Wed Oct  9 10:10:00 2019 WARNING: 'auth' is used inconsistently, local='auth SHA512', remote='auth [null-digest]'

so that is a bit odd, it looks like the ovpn file and the openvpn server at the other end disagree on authentication method, however i dont see auth failed in the log, so it is a warning.

the other odd thing is no progression past waiting for deluge to listen, or at least not in that log you posted, has it got further than the following line in the log now or is it still stuck here? :-

Still stuck at that same "Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846..." line.

58 minutes ago, binhex said:

I noticed this line in the log, might have something to do with this issue but I don't know where to start to try to correct it:

2019-10-09 10:10:02,871 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.xxx.xxx.x different, marking for reconfigure

On 10/9/2019 at 6:22 AM, binhex said:

58946 is only supposed to be used when you have the vpn switched off, when the vpn is enabled you HAVE to use the vpn provider assigned port, set deluge to use that port for incoming connections and you should be good.

Thanks for the fast response binhex.

I seem unable to use the 58846 port. When I select that as the incoming port (either in the thin client or by manually updated core.cof), the deluge thin client tells me that the active port remains at 58847.

When I change the incoming port to 58847, the active port stays at 58847. Could that be something to do with a setting on Torguards end? This is a fresh install so there shouldn't be anything using that port.

I've now forwarded the 58847 port with Torguard as well, so the test active port passes however my speeds are still at 10% of my max. Do the OpenVPN/IPtable rules depend on the use of 58846 port?

image.png.67986e9854b44bae654e43b29ae09c5d.png

Any other advice to troubleshoot the issue would be greatly appreciated!

This is so frustrating because I feel I'm so close!

17 hours ago, BBLV said:

I noticed this line in the log, might have something to do with this issue but I don't know where to start to try to correct it:

2019-10-09 10:10:02,871 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.xxx.xxx.x different, marking for reconfigure

no thats perfectly fine, ok can you attach the file /config/core.conf

3 hours ago, yeahokay said:

I seem unable to use the 58846 port. When I select that as the incoming port

why are you doing this?, do you have the vpn disabled?, if so then yep use port 58846 (or whatever port you want), if you DO have the vpn enabled then you need to use your vpn providers assigned port, you cannot just use any number you want, you have to use the assigned port.

13 minutes ago, binhex said:

why are you doing this?, do you have the vpn disabled?, if so then yep use port 58846 (or whatever port you want), if you DO have the vpn enabled then you need to use your vpn providers assigned port, you cannot just use any number you want, you have to use the assigned port.

Apologies, user error I'm sure. And I think there are two people asking about ports simultaneously which may be confusing things.

This is the port information I used in the generation of my docker container.

docker run -d \
    --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
    -p 8112:8112 \
    -p 8118:8118 \
    -p 58846:58846 \
    -p 58946:58946 \

With VPN enabled, I'm unable to update deluge to use port 58846 as the incoming port. From your comment, that sounds like normal behavior.

I have established port forwarding through my VPN provider (Torguard) for 58846, 58847, 58946.

Updating the deluge incoming port through the webui to 58847 shows that the port is active and I'm connectable.

However, my speeds are ~10% of my theoretical max. And testing that vpn server on the same network over wifi on my desktop, I get speeds 3 times faster. As my server is connected via ethernet i would expect speeds to be considerably higher.

I've tried to work through each of the items you've identified in Q6 here: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Upload rate set to 3/4 of my theoretical max

GCM cipher used

ItConfig installed. Both enable_incoming_utp and enable_outgoing_utp are disabled.

Rate limit overhead disabled.

VPN endpoint should be ok - I can use a different (windows based) machine on the same network, connect to the same endpoint, and max out my connection (over wifi)

Disk fragmentation not an issue - new disk.

Not writing to an array/using unraid

Router shouldn't be an issue considering over wifi it's faster and it's a top of the line netgear

The only thing I can think of is that there is something wrong with my port config. 

Again, appreciate your response, and any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Binhex you rock :) This docker works much better than it did on Windows performance wise.

I am developing an issue where some of my torrents are not showing up as being seeded by my private tracker and they are pointing to my client as being the issue since no one else is hitting this. I was planning on asking for help on the Deluge forums, but wanted to know if I need to do anything special to obtain logs with it being a docker and such?

Thanks in advance!

@binhex I've been using the deluge container for years, but after a recent update, I've been unable to get to the web UI.

My execution command looks like this:

sudo podman run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN     -p 8112:8112     -p 8118:8118     -p 58846:58846     -p 58946:58946     --name=delugevpn     --volume=/mnt/btrfs_share/delugevpn/config:/config     --volume=/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro     --volume=/mnt/btrfs_share/delugevpn/Downloads:/data     -e VPN_ENABLED=yes     -e VPN_USER=NAME     -e VPN_PASS=PASSWORD     -e VPN_PROV=pia     -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes     -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes     -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24     -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1     -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info     -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info     -e DEBUG=true     -e UMASK=000     -e PUID=0     -e PGID=0  binhex/arch-delugevpn

I've attached the scrubbed supervisord.log as well.

Thanks for your help and for the awesome work that you've done!

supervisord.log

1 hour ago, yeahokay said:

I have established port forwarding through my VPN provider (Torguard) for 58846, 58847, 58946.

ok thats fine to use those ports but just FYI you do not need to use the ports as defined by the docker run command, they are only there for non vpn users, and you can use whatever port is assigned to you (or chosen by you if possible) for your vpn provider.

2 hours ago, yeahokay said:

Updating the deluge incoming port through the webui to 58847 shows that the port is active and I'm connectable.

excellent, that is good news.

I've tried to work through each of the items you've identified in Q6 here: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Upload rate set to 3/4 of my theoretical max

GCM cipher used

ItConfig installed. Both enable_incoming_utp and enable_outgoing_utp are disabled.

Rate limit overhead disabled.

VPN endpoint should be ok - I can use a different (windows based) machine on the same network, connect to the same endpoint, and max out my connection (over wifi)

Disk fragmentation not an issue - new disk.

Not writing to an array/using unraid

Router shouldn't be an issue considering over wifi it's faster and it's a top of the line netgear

ok great, looks like youve done your homework.

And testing that vpn server on the same network over wifi on my desktop, I get speeds 3 times faster.

how are you testing the speed on your desktop machine?, torrent client?, if so is it deluge or something else?.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

ok thats fine to use those ports but just FYI you do not need to use the ports as defined by the docker run command, they are only there for non vpn users, and you can use whatever port is assigned to you (or chosen by you if possible) for your vpn provider.

excellent, that is good news.

ok great, looks like youve done your homework.

how are you testing the speed on your desktop machine?, torrent client?, if so is it deluge or something else?.

Thanks binhex.

How I tested:

On my desktop (windows), connected to my network via wifi, I compared the torrent speed whilst connected to the same vpn server delugevpn is using.

I did this by opening up qbitorrent and without touching the ports, compared the speed for the same torrent file I was using to test speeds in delugevpn. (server was off so I wasn't downloading between them).

speedtest.net on my server via lan is ~ 95Mbps, on my desktop over wifi it's ~35Mbps

Ubuntu torrent max download speed on my server using delugevpn is currently ~1.2 MiB/s, compared to ~3.0 MiB/s on my desktop (connected via wifi and using the same VPN)

I have tested other torrent files as well and they are maxing out at the same speed.

19 hours ago, LumberJackGeek said:

Binhex you rock :) This docker works much better than it did on Windows performance wise.

I am developing an issue where some of my torrents are not showing up as being seeded by my private tracker and they are pointing to my client as being the issue since no one else is hitting this. I was planning on asking for help on the Deluge forums, but wanted to know if I need to do anything special to obtain logs with it being a docker and such?

Thanks in advance!

have you got a working incoming port?, what vpn provider are you using?

Hi,

Hopefully someone can shed some light.. This docker works perfectly on my Synology 918+ NAS, but only if I use root PUID/PGID 0, but if I use any other user is does restart after ~20 seconds.

Any idea how can I solve this and what is causing this issue? Thank you.

Looks like I've broken something badly, now it doesn't start at all, even with root Id :( When I start docker I get system message that docker exited unexpectedly, but nothing is written to log file. I've even recreated docker image from scratch, same issue - docker starts, few seconds later restarts and does this non stop until I kill it. 

I've also cleared config folder and only left OpenVpn, but nothing is being recreated here. Btw, every other docker works fine, no idea what is going on with this one.

I've got a question on directories with spaces.

I created a new path for Deluge to use with the following parameters:

Config Type:  Path
Name:  Host Path 4
Container Path:  /Media_4K/Movies
Host Path:  /mnt/user/Media_4K/Movies/
Access Mode:  Read Only
Description:  path for 4K movies

When I complete a torrent I want to manually use "Move Download Folder" inside of Deluge.  So I right click my torrent in Deluge, select move download folder, and then this in and all is well.

/Media_4K/Movies/movie

However, I cannot figure out how to do this if there is a space in the movie's name.  For example, if the title is "movie name" and I try to use:

/Media_4K/Movies/movie name

than it fails and goes back to the default directory on the cache drive.  I have also tried "/Media_4K/Movies/movie//name" and "/Media_4K/Movies// movie name" but neither work.  I have also tried putting them in quotes, but when I do that Deluge makes a directory in appdata and copies it there.

How do I do this most basic thing?

Thanks!

craigr