[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 12/10/2019 at 10:34 PM, michelp said:

Dear community.

I'm in need of some support. Have been trying to find a solution for hours now, but unfortunately unsuccessful.

I have installed binhex/DelugeVPN on my synology with success. All works great.

Have also written a script that executes well in the  'command-box' of the docker; which basically uses deluge-console to identify if there are any 'stalled' torrents. and if so, it will remove them. The script is fine, but I can't find a way to 'run this script periodicly, every 6 hours.

Cron or cronjob are not included in the package, nor is apt-get.

Is there any way to run a period script in the docker?

Thanks for your views/suggestions

Not in the container, but you can use the user script plugin to do that.

1 minute ago, strike said:

All plugins for v2 needs to be updated and most are not yet, so you need to roll back to v1 to be able to use most plugins.

Thanks.  I may try that and see.  But my hardlink issue may still be present even using it inside of deluge if I am understanding the hardlink issue on unRAID.

2 minutes ago, SiRMarlon said:

So I take it we are not able to install any plug-ins right now? Been trying to get Auto Remove plugin to work but it's not taking. 

On 12/13/2019 at 11:50 PM, strike said:

All plugins for v2 needs to be updated and most are not yet, so you need to roll back to v1 to be able to use most plugins.

I recently upgraded my server to newer hardware and I am going through the rebuild process, I re-installed my Docker Apps and when I attempt to start the DelugeVPN app, the container fails to start, and just remains as "stopped"  Digging deeper I see this on the log file...

2019-12-15 13:54:34.057325 [info] System information Linux 131ebefdafcc 4.19.56-Unraid #1 SMP Tue Jun 25 10:19:34 PDT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-12-15 13:54:34.152775 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-12-15 13:54:34.256328 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-12-15 13:54:34.588442 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-12-15 13:54:34.689946 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-12-15 13:54:34.798754 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
2019-12-15 13:54:34.893517 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
2019-12-15 13:54:34.986419 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-12-15 13:54:35.104633 [crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

Not sure, if this is my issue or part of the issue but I also don't see why I need to add an OpenVPN config file, if I am using PIA. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance for help here.

Issue: Q10 from the DelugeVPN FAQ.  I can’t connect to the WebUI when the VPN is on from either my local network or from outside my network.  I *can* connect to the WebUI when the VPN is off.  I am using PIA.

I’m facing the exact issue described in unPaid’s DelugeVPN Q10, regarding port forwarding.  The answer in the FAQ to that question is to ensure you’re using a PIA server location that supports port forwarding: I have tried five of the supposedly acceptable server locations and none have allowed for a successful OpenVPN connection.  Note: I have had the PIA .ovpn files in /config/openvpn one at a time, so there weren't conflicts.

Hardware setup:

- New Synology user following the TomTheGreat guide to setting up DelugeVPN for Synology

- Synology is connected via ethernet cable to an Eero router.  Router is connected to a cable modem (NOT a router)

- The DelugeVPN container defaults had ports open for 58946, 58846, 8118, 8112.  These have been opened using the Eero app and are visible through, e.g., canyouseeme.org

Log attached.

supervisord 191215 1935.log

I was hoping someone could walk me through rolling back to a previous release. I recently update my docker, and now autoremoveplus no longer works. From reading the last few pages, it's clear I need to roll back to a previous version in order to get this to work again. The trouble is, I have no idea how to do that. A detailed guid would be greatly apreaciated! 

22 minutes ago, jebusfreek666 said:

I was hoping someone could walk me through rolling back to a previous release. I recently update my docker, and now autoremoveplus no longer works. From reading the last few pages, it's clear I need to roll back to a previous version in order to get this to work again. The trouble is, I have no idea how to do that. A detailed guid would be greatly apreaciated! 

Q5 from the following link:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

Appreciate any help that anyone has on the matter below man. 

I am new to Unraid and recently setup Jackett, Sonarr and Plex using binhex’s variants. They all work great and testing was successful. 

I set up DelugeVPN and was able to connect to it fine. Interestingly, I was able to download the Ubuntu torrent, but when I tried torrents from a private tracker, there is an error with the tracker announcement. It says: Error: service requested not available. I left it for an entire night and the problem persists. 

Any thoughts on the above?

5 hours ago, hkgnp said:

Appreciate any help that anyone has on the matter below man. 

I am new to Unraid and recently setup Jackett, Sonarr and Plex using binhex’s variants. They all work great and testing was successful. 

I set up DelugeVPN and was able to connect to it fine. Interestingly, I was able to download the Ubuntu torrent, but when I tried torrents from a private tracker, there is an error with the tracker announcement. It says: Error: service requested not available. I left it for an entire night and the problem persists. 

Any thoughts on the above?

Are you using these from within Jackett? Did you test the connection in Jackett to make sure it works? Sounds like the specific private tracker you are trying to use might be the issue. 

14 minutes ago, SiRMarlon said:

Are you using these from within Jackett? Did you test the connection in Jackett to make sure it works? Sounds like the specific private tracker you are trying to use might be the issue. 

Thanks mate. 

The connection in Jackett works. Both tests for Sonarr and Jackett were successful for the connection to Deluge and the tracker respectively.

I am not sure if it has to do with the version of Deluge, but I am going to try with qBittorrent to see if it works. 

Meanwhile, appreciate any other ideas as well.