[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3 hours ago, hkgnp said:

Thanks mate. 

The connection in Jackett works. Both tests for Sonarr and Jackett were successful for the connection to Deluge and the tracker respectively.

I am not sure if it has to do with the version of Deluge, but I am going to try with qBittorrent to see if it works. 

Meanwhile, appreciate any other ideas as well. 

Just thought to update everyone. I switched over the qBittorrent-VPN from binhex, and was able to download successfully. I think the private tracker might have blocked the latest version of Deluge. 

Just now, binhex said:

it got built 3 days ago:- https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/releases

if you are running tag latest and you have clicked on 'check for updates' and there arent any then you already have it.

I’m using a tag for v1 still. Maybe that’s it. Planning on updating to “latest” over the holidays now that it looks like many of the issues have been worked out between so many various devs.

12 minutes ago, binhex said:

thats def it, although i would of assumed the autoremoveplus plugin previously did work with v1 without the need for requests module?

Yes. Works great. Just been waiting for all the issues to get worked out with v2 and autoremoveplus and a few others. I think there were also a few minor issues with Sonarr/Radarr compatibility.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what but I still can't get the plug-in to install. I select it, looks like its going to do something and nada ... I don't see the plugin in the plugin folder as well. Any suggestions??? Ohh and everything is up to date.

Edited by SiRMarlon
6 hours ago, sauso said:

I have compiled the autoremove egg to work with 3.8 python.

Thanks for that.  I can get the configuration interface to come up in the web client, but not in my thin client (running v2.1.1.dev7501). Perhaps I need to find a 2.0.4 thin client for Linux Mint.

11 hours ago, PeterB said:

Thanks for that.  I can get the configuration interface to come up in the web client, but not in my thin client (running v2.1.1.dev7501). Perhaps I need to find a 2.0.4 thin client for Linux Mint.

The Thin client needs to match for it to work correctly.  I use the RSS Plugin but that only works with the desktop client, so you may need to find a copy of it.

😂 okay I must be doing something wrong here ... I open deluge, I go to preferences select plugins, then choose install, I browse to my download folder and select the .egg file that I downloaded from your link, hit install ... a tiny window pops ups for a fraction of a second and then nothing happens. Could this maybe be a permissions thing where it can't write to the folder? Is there any way I can install this manually?

Deluge.PNG

This window pops up for a fraction of a second 

Edited by SiRMarlon
19 minutes ago, SiRMarlon said:

😂 okay I must be doing something wrong here ... I open deluge, I go to preferences select plugins, then choose install, I browse to my download folder and select the .egg file that I downloaded from your link, hit install ... a tiny window pops ups for a fraction of a second and then nothing happens. Could this maybe be a permissions thing where it can't write to the folder? Is there any way I can install this manually?

Deluge.PNG

This window pops up for a fraction of a second 

Don't upload the egg.  Copy it into the plugins folder in your App Data.  Then open the core.conf file and add it in to the "Plugins enabled" section.  That it the best way  The upload feature seems to be broken.

unRAID pulled an update tonight, and now I'm getting the following in the logs:

2019-12-23 01:25:41,714 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
*** buffer overflow detected ***: /usr/bin/python terminated

The docker then becomes unusable - restarting just gets to the same spot. I think something's borked.

Edited by DayspringGaming
3 hours ago, DayspringGaming said:

unRAID pulled an update tonight, and now I'm getting the following in the logs:

2019-12-23 01:25:41,714 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
*** buffer overflow detected ***: /usr/bin/python terminated

The docker then becomes unusable - restarting just gets to the same spot. I think something's borked.

I just updated and mine's been stable for the last 10 mins.  How many torrents are you seeding?

First of all, thanks for the container binhex. It's working great with PIA and port forwarding for the incoming port is working as advertised. However, I was wondering about the outgoing ports. I use a private tracker exclusively, and I'm trying to optimise for upload speeds.

My network settings are in the attached image. Can I use the same port for outgoing traffic as the incoming port? I've tested and confirmed that it is open. Is there a best practice here? Any recommendations is appreciated! Using PIA as mentioned through their Swiss server.

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 12.07.24.png

4 minutes ago, tuxflux said:

My network settings are in the attached image. Can I use the same port for outgoing traffic as the incoming port?

no, and there is no reason to, all outgoing ports will be open, but if you really feel the need to, or your private torrent site is insanely restrictive then feel free to set the outgoing port to whatever you want, just dont use a port thats already in use, most people will NOT need to do this and it will make zero difference to dl/ul speed.

Edited by binhex
43 minutes ago, binhex said:

no, and there is no reason to, all outgoing ports will be open, but if you really feel the need to, or your private torrent site is insanely restrictive then feel free to set the outgoing port to whatever you want, just dont use a port thats already in use, most people will NOT need to do this and it will make zero difference to dl/ul speed.

Thank you for the explanation! Will leave it as is then.