[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

12 minutes ago, bugster said:

Go into the Container and under Repository change the version. This is mine

Screenshot_2020-01-05 Tower UpdateContainer.png

Thank you. This really helped. I've managed to successfully downgrade. Just re-checking all my torrents now. This might take a while! 

image.png.79c7e17622daebfbc90378cc74abc7f2.png

If anyone else need to do this. The extra string at the end of Bugster's Repo name is a git tag. You can find the right one by going to the binhex-delugeVPN github page: 

https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn

Then change the tag to whatever Deluge version you want:

image.thumb.png.af824985bae9ef08a2fc669d8a748c2b.png

Then just stop your container and add that string to the end of your repo (with a colon) and hit apply. 

image.thumb.png.012e5589a9d451728f913930d05a1059.png

Ok so I got my deluge running again by rollling back to an older version and then installing a current version.  Question about AutoRemovePlus.  If I enable and setup the media servers section with the proper Sonarr and Radarr APIs is that all I have to setup?  Is there a better way to setup with Sonar and Radarr?  Do I need to fill out the server url?

Edited by Gragorg

Hello! I've just setup DelugeVPN for the first time using SpaceInvaderOne's guide. I've got valid credentials from PIA that I was previously using on a Torrent VM running deluge. 

Unfortunately nothing I do seems to work with establishing and maintaining the tunnel. If I turn off the VPN Deluge starts fine but with the VPN on nothing works. I have pulled the latest certs, tried all port forwarding capable gateways and I know my credentials are valid. 

2020-01-05 16:45:50,276 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:45:50 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Jan 5 16:45:50 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]45.83.91.19:1198

2020-01-05 16:46:50,884 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:50 2020 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

2020-01-05 16:46:50,885 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:50 2020 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

2020-01-05 16:46:50,885 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:50 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sun Jan 5 16:46:50 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.8 [git:makepkg/3976acda9bf10b5e+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Oct 30 2019
Sun Jan 5 16:46:50 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019, LZO 2.10

2020-01-05 16:46:55,886 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2020-01-05 16:46:55,886 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]45.12.220.231:1198

2020-01-05 16:46:55,887 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]45.12.220.231:1198

That is what I get over and over again no matter what I do (aside from turn off the VPN).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Good day!

I want to run several different apps in Docker and  through the VPN. Somebody on the forums said that I can reuse VPN connection from binhex-rtorrentvpn in another container by using --net=container:name parameter. But his advice was for vanilla Docker, not unRaid; and I use Deluge, not rtorrent; and I can not make it work.

Any advice, please? I want to make several containers share the same AirVPN uplink. And I think I need to use delugevpn as the central one because of VPN port forwarding.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, bugster said:

I need some help using Letsencrypt to be able to access DelugeVPN from outside my network. I used Spaceinvader's youtube guide to set it up and I've been able to get Sonarr/Radarr/Plex/tautulli but for some reason I can't set Deluge to work.

I have the container set to bridge, ENABLE_PRIVOXY is set to YES and my deluge.subdomain.config is set as followed:

Anything else I need to do?

In case anyone else runs into this issue, I changed ENABLE_PRIVOXY to "NO" and my deluge.subdomain.config is looking like this:

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for deluge and that your deluge container is not using a base url

server {  
    listen 443 ssl;
    server_name deluge.MYDOMAIN.com;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;
    proxy_redirect off;
    proxy_buffering off;

location / {
        proxy_pass http://my.unraid.ip.goes.here:8112/;
        proxy_buffering off;

}
}

Make sure to edit deluge.MYDOMAIN.com and http://my.unraid.ip.goes.here:8112/

21 hours ago, jebusfreek666 said:

I think that is what I am running.... The latest binhex is deluge 2 right? Also, I did get it to show up in the preferences. But after selecting it to remove torrent and data after seed ratio was reached it still did nothing. 

Try looking in the logs and see if you can see whats going on when it evaluates.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:52 AM, jebusfreek666 said:

I think that is what I am running.... The latest binhex is deluge 2 right? Also, I did get it to show up in the preferences. But after selecting it to remove torrent and data after seed ratio was reached it still did nothing. 

Did you ever find a solution for AutoRemovePlus?  I'm having the exact same issue.

Edited by Gragorg
19 hours ago, Barafu said:

Good day!

I want to run several different apps in Docker and  through the VPN. Somebody on the forums said that I can reuse VPN connection from binhex-rtorrentvpn in another container by using --net=container:name parameter. But his advice was for vanilla Docker, not unRaid; and I use Deluge, not rtorrent; and I can not make it work.

Any advice, please? I want to make several containers share the same AirVPN uplink. And I think I need to use delugevpn as the central one because of VPN port forwarding.

Thanks!

If you already have your AirVPN working with binhex-deluge then you should just have to enable privoxy in deluge, then set your other stuff to run through the proxy it creates.

21 hours ago, joeloooiz said:

Hello! I've just setup DelugeVPN for the first time using SpaceInvaderOne's guide. I've got valid credentials from PIA that I was previously using on a Torrent VM running deluge. 

Unfortunately nothing I do seems to work with establishing and maintaining the tunnel. If I turn off the VPN Deluge starts fine but with the VPN on nothing works. I have pulled the latest certs, tried all port forwarding capable gateways and I know my credentials are valid. 

That is what I get over and over again no matter what I do (aside from turn off the VPN).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

2020-01-05 16:45:50,276 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:45:50 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Jan 5 16:45:50 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]45.83.91.19:1198

Are you using a PIA Server with Port Forwarding ON?

6 hours ago, Gragorg said:

Did you ever find a solution for AutoRemovePlus?  I'm having the exact same issue.

Not yet, but it has been set on the back burner at the moment. I am currently swapping all my HDD for larger ones and looking at a rebuild of about a week. If I do find anything out, I will post it here. I had read somewhere that someone else was having a similar problem and they got around it by ignoring the first tab, the global settings, and just made specific rules for each label they had on the second tab. That was what I was going to try next. 

2 hours ago, bugster said:

Are you using a PIA Server with Port Forwarding ON?

Yes but I am using the gateways that support Port Forwarding. I tried all of the available sites on their list of port forward capable gateways with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I also tried disabling port forwarding and that doesn't work either.

Edited by joeloooiz

Hey guys. I've used AirVPN for years now but it seems that every few weeks DelugeVPN will go into a disconnect/reconnect loop every 2-3 minutes. I believe it's due to the particular server going down or having issues. Usually, when this happens I just download a new config file from AirVPN and copy it to the Deluge openvpn directory, restart the docker and all is well for a few weeks.

Is it possible to copy several openvpn config files to this directory and have Deluge rotate through them if it disconnects from a server?

Hey guys. I've used AirVPN for years now but it seems that every few weeks DelugeVPN will go into a disconnect/reconnect loop every 2-3 minutes. I believe it's due to the particular server going down or having issues. Usually, when this happens I just download a new config file from AirVPN and copy it to the Deluge openvpn directory, restart the docker and all is well for a few weeks.

Is it possible to copy several openvpn config files to this directory and have Deluge rotate through them if it disconnects from a server?
Why not download a VPN configuration file that uses a hostname rather than an IP address, that way you are not targeting a specific server.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, binhex said:

Why not download a VPN configuration file that uses a hostname rather than an IP address, that way you are not targeting a specific server.

Thanks @binhex for the reply. The ovpn files does indeed use the hostname (remote us.vpn.airdns.org 443). When the issue reoccurs I'll post the logs here.

6 minutes ago, jserio said:

The ovpn files does indeed use the hostname (remote us.vpn.airdns.org 443).

hmm ok sadly that particular A record only resolves to a single ip address so i can see why it may go down, ideally it should resolve to multiple ip addresses, each of which is a vpn server, openvpn can then randomly reconnect to another server on disconnection, an example of this is from pia:-

Name:    swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
Addresses:  185.230.125.48

at the moment this docker does not support multiple remote lines in the ovpn file (but as mentioned does support multiple server connections) so you might be stuck for now unless you switch vpn provider.

On 1/5/2020 at 10:48 PM, joeloooiz said:

Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]45.12.220.231:1198

2020-01-05 16:46:55,887 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]45.12.220.231:1198

in that case openvpn client is unable to establish a connection with that specific ip address, unless you need to do that i would recommend going with a ovpn file that uses a hostname, targetting a specific ip address is never a good idea unless absolutely required.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

in that case openvpn client is unable to establish a connection with that specific ip address, unless you need to do that i would recommend going with a ovpn file that uses a hostname, targetting a specific ip address is never a good idea unless absolutely required.

Hi - I am using the ovpn files downloaded directly from PIA - I haven't specified any IP addresses anywhere but am relying (I assume) on DNS to resolve that IP.

Hi - I am using the ovpn files downloaded directly from PIA - I haven't specified any IP addresses anywhere but am relying (I assume) on DNS to resolve that IP.
In that case I would suspect outbound port 1198 is being blocked check your firewall

Hey everyone!

I'm working on getting my DelugeVPN container set up (used SpaceInvaderOne YT video for reference for initial setup).

I'm using PIA for the VPN.

After getting everything set up, I got my first torrent started and saw reasonable speeds (~5MB/s download) but after 30s to 1 min of these good downloads, my download speed drops to 0 kb/s and never recovers.

I can delete the torrent and restart the docker and try again but see the same pattern every time I try to restart a torrent (have tried using a few different connection points and toggling port forwarding on/off.

Wondering if anyone can help with further setup to get stable downloads. Let me know what data I need to attach!

Thanks!

Marshall

2 minutes ago, MarshallU said:

Hey everyone!

I'm working on getting my DelugeVPN container set up (used SpaceInvaderOne YT video for reference for initial setup).

I'm using PIA for the VPN.

After getting everything set up, I got my first torrent started and saw reasonable speeds (~5MB/s download) but after 30s to 1 min of these good downloads, my download speed drops to 0 kb/s and never recovers.

I can delete the torrent and restart the docker and try again but see the same pattern every time I try to restart a torrent (have tried using a few different connection points and toggling port forwarding on/off.

Wondering if anyone can help with further setup to get stable downloads. Let me know what data I need to attach!

Thanks!

Marshall

qnap user by any chance or using unraid?