[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

20 hours ago, binhex said:

hmm ok sadly that particular A record only resolves to a single ip address so i can see why it may go down, ideally it should resolve to multiple ip addresses, each of which is a vpn server, openvpn can then randomly reconnect to another server on disconnection, an example of this is from pia:-

Name:    swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
Addresses:  185.230.125.48

at the moment this docker does not support multiple remote lines in the ovpn file (but as mentioned does support multiple server connections) so you might be stuck for now unless you switch vpn provider.

Interestingly, I went to the airvpn page to choose a few different servers and noticed this on the page (never saw it before):

DNS are updated every 5 minutes to reflect the best recommended servers available in the areas

I suspect when the issue arises, that deluge is caching the original IP and not resolving to a new one? Any way to force a flush of the dns cache?

2 hours ago, binhex said:

ok great, in that case can you follow the procedure below:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Here's my supervisord.log file from today after setting debug to "true" and restarting the docker. Very long so uploading instead of copy/pasting. I changed my PIA username and password to "username" and "password" for this version of the log file just in case :)

Thanks in advance!

supervisord log 1.8.2020.txt

Edited by MarshallU
wrong file attached
On 4/23/2017 at 7:32 AM, krh1009 said:

One more question... I had very slow download speeds with pia, so I'm trying to switch to express VPN as a provider.  I'm running int a problem, attached are the head and tail of  my supervisord.log.

58fc3c31a2263_ScreenShot2017-04-23at1_27_00AM.thumb.png.5784605ae10aad8fd566970d34559cd3.png58fc3c4f9db7d_ScreenShot2017-04-23at1_24_43AM.png.a78723a5a4e9abe458fcb1b017f75324.png

I wanted to use ExpressVPN but was told that they don't support port forwarding? so it wouldn't work with DelugeVPN? - torrents

Dit you get ExpressVPN working? and could you share any "Custom" setup needed to get it working?

Thanks

15 hours ago, MarshallU said:

Here's my supervisord.log file from today after setting debug to "true" and restarting the docker. Very long so uploading instead of copy/pasting. I changed my PIA username and password to "username" and "password" for this version of the log file just in case :)

Thanks in advance!

supervisord log 1.8.2020.txt 53.05 kB · 3 downloads

thats a successful start, can you confirm you have set the correct lan_network, see Q4 here if you dont know how to configure it correctly:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

5 minutes ago, casperse said:

Thanks for your quick response - Main reason to get Express was the added speed but not in this scenario, so PIA is still the best option?

its the most supported vpn provider for this images, yes, the port forwarding is all done for you so its fairly painless, see here for quick guide if you are a newbie to this image:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/guides/vpn.md

Edited by binhex
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, binhex said:

its the most supported vpn provider for this images, yes, the port forwarding is all done for you so its fairly painless, see here for quick guide if you are a newbie to this image:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/guides/vpn.md

Ok reading through the FAQ and following the great video guide I keep getting the "Stop" - Like this killswitch works! :-)

I also forwarded all the ports requested by the docker, I enabled the debug log and see something about port 3?

I did add my new username and password from PIA and I downloaded the OpenVPN files and placed them in the Appdata (and user rights are ok)

kernel: docker0: port 13(vethca7b629) entered disabled state
kernel: device vethca7b629 left promiscuous mode
kernel: docker0: port 13(vethca7b629) entered disabled state
avahi-daemon[9143]: Withdrawing address record for fe80::5c28:7eff:fe9a:7125 on vethca7b629.
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered blocking state
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered disabled state
kernel: device veth37eee44 entered promiscuous mode
kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): veth37eee44: link is not ready
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered forwarding state
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered disabled state
kernel: eth0: renamed from vethb1c8d62
kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth37eee44: link becomes ready
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered forwarding state
avahi-daemon[9143]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface veth37eee44.IPv6 with address

Sorry if I missed this in the thread....

Following the video "Netherland" should be a god choice but in the debug I see this:

2020-01-09 15:26:36,527 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint 'nl.privateinternetaccess.com' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow

SOLVED: Netherland sosent support port forwarding - so changed it to switzerland 

Edited by casperse
38 minutes ago, casperse said:

Ok reading through the FAQ and following the great video guide I keep getting the "Stop" - Like this killswitch works! :-)

I also forwarded all the ports requested by the docker, I enabled the debug log and see something about port 3?

I did add my new username and password from PIA and I downloaded the OpenVPN files and placed them in the Appdata (and user rights are ok)

Sorry if I missed this in the thread....

sadly that snipet from a log (not sure which) doesnt really help, can you please do the following:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

1 minute ago, casperse said:

I have enabled VPN and Privoxy as a proxy does this work outside the Deluge "UI"?

privoxy is a separate application running in the same container as deluge, it has the same protection as deluge via iptables, including blocked access for name resolution over the LAN (aka dns leakage) so that is fully protected too.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, binhex said:

privoxy is a separate application running in the same container as deluge, it has the same protection as deluge via iptables, including blocked access for name resolution over the LAN (aka dns leakage) so that is fully protected too.

That is great! - Is it possible to add several openvpn configuration countries to the folder? would it then jump to another one when restarted or updated?

21 hours ago, casperse said:

That is great! - Is it possible to add several openvpn configuration countries to the folder? would it then jump to another one when restarted or updated?

not at this time,no, having said that if you are using a decent vpn provider (which i think you are now, pia right?) then the hostname as specified in the remote line in the ovpn file will resolve to multiple ip addresses, each of these ip addresses will be tried randomly on disconnection, so there is some resilience there, let me put it this way, i havent to date (running for several years) had an issue where openvpn fails to reconnect due to all of the vpn servers being offline for a single endpoint.

• Thanks 1

Hey, thanks for the work on container;

lately I seem to be really struggling with down speeds, can't seem to get anything more than 3MB/s down and 1MB/s up, must've been happening for around a week or two (I auto update containers so can't tell exactly).  Previously I'd easily saturate the wan link (130mbps and 40mpbs up). There weren't any changes or anything that'd affect this? I did upgrade to 3.8 around the same time as well if that changes anything. Using nordvpn UK p2p tcp vpn (same server and ovpn file, but tried others as well).

Thanks

4 hours ago, Mizerka said:

Hey, thanks for the work on container;

lately I seem to be really struggling with down speeds, can't seem to get anything more than 3MB/s down and 1MB/s up, must've been happening for around a week or two (I auto update containers so can't tell exactly).  Previously I'd easily saturate the wan link (130mbps and 40mpbs up). There weren't any changes or anything that'd affect this? I did upgrade to 3.8 around the same time as well if that changes anything. Using nordvpn UK p2p tcp vpn (same server and ovpn file, but tried others as well).

Thanks

Hmm, scrap that, so I played around with it more. I Ruled out local and networking, all of which looked as expected. The issue is isolated to the vpn tunnel, I say that because I've also tried another brand new container, same results, brand new qbit container, same results.

6OzZgWV.png

is what traffic looks like, with spikes being when I briefly turned vpn off for testing, where you can clearly see a spike to expected 13-15mib/s

So, playing around with ovpn files, looks like it's not liking tcp, after changing nordvpn connection profile to udp, it instantly kicked back into proper speeds saturating entire wan link at 13mib down. Both can be replicated on delugevpn and qbittorrentvpn containers, with default config.

Change itself must've been over a week ago or was introduced in unraid 6.8 as I haven't noticed it prior.

Edited by Mizerka

Been running this for a few years, but today it appears to not be working. I think it stopped working when I went through and updated all of my Docker containers and upgraded unRAID OS to 6.8.0. I'm using NordVPN. I keep failing with this error in particular:

2020-01-10 18:56:02,252 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2020-01-10 18:56:02,501 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
Unable to initialize gettext/locale!

2020-01-10 18:56:02,501 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
'ngettext'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/i18n/util.py", line 118, in setup_translation
builtins.__dict__['_n'] = builtins.__dict__['ngettext']
KeyError: 'ngettext'

Any ideas on what may be causing this issue?

On 1/9/2020 at 4:26 AM, binhex said:

thats a successful start, can you confirm you have set the correct lan_network, see Q4 here if you dont know how to configure it correctly:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

I opened the console for the docker in Unraid, ran the ifconfig. See attached. Couldn't copy/paste for some reason so took a screenshot of it.

It's reporting eth0 inet of 172.17.0.2

Even though when I set it up, I specied LAN network 192.168.1.0/24 as the LAN_NETWORK variable.

I'm not sure if this is causing the discrepancy..

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

ifconfig.PNG

Been running this for a few years, but today it appears to not be working. I think it stopped working when I went through and updated all of my Docker containers and upgraded unRAID OS to 6.8.0. I'm using NordVPN. I keep failing with this error in particular:

2020-01-10 18:56:02,252 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...[info] Deluge Web UI started2020-01-10 18:56:02,501 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:Unable to initialize gettext/locale!2020-01-10 18:56:02,501 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:'ngettext'Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/i18n/util.py", line 118, in setup_translationbuiltins.__dict__['_n'] = builtins.__dict__['ngettext']KeyError: 'ngettext'

Any ideas on what may be causing this issue?

Ignore the error it's a minor python 3.8 issue that will be resolved at some point

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I opened the console for the docker in Unraid, ran the ifconfig. See attached. Couldn't copy/paste for some reason so took a screenshot of it.
It's reporting eth0 inet of 172.17.0.2
Even though when I set it up, I specied LAN network 192.168.1.0/24 as the LAN_NETWORK variable.
I'm not sure if this is causing the discrepancy..
Let me know what you think. Thanks!
ifconfig.PNG.84db406917895dbe18405c4f66e6370a.PNG
You need to find out the network for your host not the container

5 hours ago, binhex said:

Ignore the error it's a minor python 3.8 issue that will be resolved at some point

I was getting ready to point out that the WebUI was not responding. Knowing now that the error at the bottom was non-fatal, I reviewed the output and saw this:

2020-01-11 08:57:11,626 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
[info] unRAID/Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
[info] Synology users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: 'insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko'

I ran that and restarted the container and now all is well. Thanks!