[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Have there been some breaking updates to the container in regards to connecting to the daemon?
I can't connect using either the deluge-console ("deluge-console -d localhost -p 58846 -U user -P password"), or the desktop client (2.0.4.dev23).

I've been able to successfully connect to the daemon up until about a week ago.

The only new error I've seen is the "ngettext" issue from python, but that seems unlikely to be the source of this problem.

6 hours ago, 7thSon said:

Have there been some breaking updates to the container in regards to connecting to the daemon?
I can't connect using either the deluge-console ("deluge-console -d localhost -p 58846 -U user -P password"), or the desktop client (2.0.4.dev23).

I've been able to successfully connect to the daemon up until about a week ago.

The only new error I've seen is the "ngettext" issue from python, but that seems unlikely to be the source of this problem.

Working fine here on 3 different boxes. Try setting your VPN_ENABLED to no and see if it allows you to connect. If so, you need to investigate your VPN files and credentials.

7 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Working fine here on 3 different boxes. Try setting your VPN_ENABLED to no and see if it allows you to connect. If so, you need to investigate your VPN files and credentials.

I just tried it and yes it works with vpn off. I just switched to NordVPN and set it to custom. Im on a hetzner box. So i figure it might have something to do with the LAN Network or Firewall setting i need to add maybe? Im not sure what to put in Lan Network and if it is a Firewall, i dont know what rule i would need to add. I know the VPN works as i can get to the webui the docker ip.

Also on a side note, is it normal that the logs show this in repetition?

2020-02-03 06:27:41,234 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] iptables chain policies are in place
2020-02-03 06:27:41,247 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] VPN IP is 10.7.0.2
[debug] Deluge IP is 10.7.0.2

Edited by saitoh183
9 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Setting VPN_ENABLED=no makes no difference. And how does VPN even affect the ability to connect to the deluge daemon?

I just renamed my core.conf to core.conf.old and restarted deluge so it recreated the file, and now I can connect again. I recall this happening before, somehow the core.conf file get corrupted and I can't connect to the daemon.

Edited by 7thSon
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, 

I've setup delugevpn on my my unraid server. Only that doesn't work is to download things to my temp share and afterwards moving finished downloads to my downloads share I want to use with different apps. 

All stuff I download ends up on the appdata share. When I change download locations inside the webgui I either get an error message on the right lower corner or it points again to the appdata folder. 

Any idea what am I missing here? 

18 hours ago, 7thSon said:

Setting VPN_ENABLED=no makes no difference. And how does VPN even affect the ability to connect to the deluge daemon?

I just renamed my core.conf to core.conf.old and restarted deluge so it recreated the file, and now I can connect again. I recall this happening before, somehow the core.conf file get corrupted and I can't connect to the daemon.

I've got the same problem. Two separate binhex-delugevpn containers were working absolutely perfectly until this past Friday evening. Suddenly, neither were reachable via webUI and I began to incur hit-and-runs on the tracker. I've tried re-creating them from scratch, even using empty /config. I've also tried them on another host. I've used new openvpn files. I've even tried airvpn instead of pia. I can get vpn-less Deluge containers running no problem. But it seems no matter what I do I cannot get binhex-delugevpn to work. Same goes for binhex-qbittorrentvpn and binhex-rtorrentvpn. The containers start but then …nothing. And the logs don't have a smoking gun.

Unfortunately renaming core.conf has no effect either way. :(

On 2/3/2020 at 7:23 AM, 7thSon said:

i see you fixed your issue, fyi setting vpn_enabled to yes affects it by deploying iptables to strictly block incoming/outgoing traffic, thus preventing ip leakage at all times, if you set it to no then there are no iptables in place anymore, thats why a lot of people tend to have no issues when its set to no (issue is normally misconfiguration).

2 hours ago, binhex said:

no you havent, if you had the same problem then deleting and restarting the container to force a recreate of all files/folders in /config would of fixed it. please do the following procedure:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Very good point. Same symptom is not the same problem. I've attached supervisord here. Thank you for assistance.

supervisord_2020-02-04_07-42.txt

3 hours ago, whatabout said:

Very good point. Same symptom is not the same problem. I've attached supervisord here. Thank you for assistance.

supervisord_2020-02-04_07-42.txt 38.28 kB · 0 downloads

i think i will turn this particular issue into a faq as its been asked a LOT, this will be included in the faq, but for now here it is:-

done, see Q16 from the following link:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Edited by binhex
10 hours ago, binhex said:

Thank you so much, binhex. :) It was due to a GeoIP restriction on the firewall blocking the country of this specific server. I added that country to the allow list and everything is once again operational. Not sure why it had worked previously, as I hadn't recently changed any of these settings. Perhaps the GeoIP feature only recently identified the server's location. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

I am having issues getting this docker working. I followed Spaceinvaders' tutorials and am using PIA.  I have selected the CA Toronto (as well as other port forwarding) server and enabled port forwarding via the PIA Windows 10 app. I'm getting the "This site can’t be reached" error page only when the VPN is turned on via the unraid docker settings.

Attached is the log file as the docker starts and throws errors.

Any help appreciated.

vpnlog.txt

I am having issues getting this docker working. I followed Spaceinvaders' tutorials and am using PIA.  I have selected the CA Toronto (as well as other port forwarding) server and enabled port forwarding via the PIA Windows 10 app. I'm getting the "This site can’t be reached" error page only when the VPN is turned on via the unraid docker settings.

Attached is the log file as the docker starts and throws errors.

Any help appreciated.
vpnlog.txt
Looks to me like you have disabled privileged permission on the container, this is required.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums but am absolutely loving the OS so far. I recommend it to every techie I know constantly. As easy as it is to use though, sometimes I run into issues I can't google my way out of which brings me here. I am trying to use the Binhex DelugeVPN with privoxy docker container that Spaceinvader One has the tutorial for. In his tutorial, though, he only sets it up with the PIA provider who is already included in the package. I am trying to use the docker with another service, specifically PureVPN. I have put in my credentials and imported the appropriate crt, key, and ovpn file pointing to the proper credential file. However, I can never actually access the WebUI because the VPN never fully connects. I have tried multiple servers and replaced the URLs in the ovpn file with the ipv4 to circumvent any DNS issues. Nothing works. The log gives me the following error:

2020-02-07 02:51:27,870 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Fri Feb 7 02:51:27 2020 OpenSSL: error:140AB18E:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate:ca md too weak
Fri Feb 7 02:51:27 2020 Cannot load inline certificate file
Fri Feb 7 02:51:27 2020 Exiting due to fatal error

I am out of potential solutions. Any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, Level1 said:

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums but am absolutely loving the OS so far. I recommend it to every techie I know constantly. As easy as it is to use though, sometimes I run into issues I can't google my way out of which brings me here. I am trying to use the Binhex DelugeVPN with privoxy docker container that Spaceinvader One has the tutorial for. In his tutorial, though, he only sets it up with the PIA provider who is already included in the package. I am trying to use the docker with another service, specifically PureVPN. I have put in my credentials and imported the appropriate crt, key, and ovpn file pointing to the proper credential file. However, I can never actually access the WebUI because the VPN never fully connects. I have tried multiple servers and replaced the URLs in the ovpn file with the ipv4 to circumvent any DNS issues. Nothing works. The log gives me the following error:

2020-02-07 02:51:27,870 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Fri Feb 7 02:51:27 2020 OpenSSL: error:140AB18E:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate:ca md too weak
Fri Feb 7 02:51:27 2020 Cannot load inline certificate file
Fri Feb 7 02:51:27 2020 Exiting due to fatal error

I am out of potential solutions. Any suggestions?

see Q5 in the following link:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Thanks 1

Ok, I'm sure it has been talked about recently as I can't be the only one, but Deluge isn't getting along with NordVPN?

Everything worked fine for months and within the past week or so Delugevpn wont start up if I have the VPN enabled in the docker settings. As soon as I turn

VPN_ENABLED to yes, Deluge wont start. I tried pointing the repository to binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.3-2-01 and still have no joy. Is there a fix for this yet?

7 hours ago, Embowe said:

Ok, I'm sure it has been talked about recently as I can't be the only one, but Deluge isn't getting along with NordVPN?

Everything worked fine for months and within the past week or so Delugevpn wont start up if I have the VPN enabled in the docker settings. As soon as I turn

VPN_ENABLED to yes, Deluge wont start. I tried pointing the repository to binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.3-2-01 and still have no joy. Is there a fix for this yet?

follow this procedure:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

On 2/8/2020 at 5:15 PM, Level1 said:

I can't connect to the server because my provider is using an outdated cipher? I have run into this problem before and I asked them to fix it. They didn't seem open to it and obviously haven't done it since I asked over a year ago. Is there no workaround?

To support weak ciphers add tls-cipher "DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=0" to your ovpn file and you should be good to go.

• Thanks 1

I added the line and it seemed to create a different problem. I will keep tinkering and really appreciate the incredible community support. Thank you so much guys, hopefully I can get this figured out. 

2020-02-09 17:01:16,019 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]X:X:X:X(edited for security)
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]X:X:X:X(edited for security)

2020-02-09 17:01:16,399 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=self signed certificate in certificate chain: C=HK, ST=Central, L=HK, O=Secure-ServerCA, OU=IT, CN=Secure-ServerCA, name=Secure-ServerCA, [email protected]
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 OpenSSL: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

2020-02-09 17:01:16,399 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 SIGHUP[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

2020-02-09 17:01:16,400 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.8 [git:makepkg/3976acda9bf10b5e+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Oct 30 2019

2020-02-09 17:01:16,400 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Feb 9 17:01:16 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019, LZO 2.10