[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

27 minutes ago, binhex said:

hmm ok that looks fine, are you by any chance using 'CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2' plugin?, if so have you set it to pause this docker container during backup of metadata?

btw the reason you had to use custom and not pia is because you were trying to force port forwarding whilst being connected to a endpoint that doesnt support port forwarding, but this has nothing to do with ip leakage.

No, the only other dockers I am running that are active are jackett, NginxProxyManager, plex and sonarr.

I did originally set-up using nl.privateinternetaccess.com, but quicly realised that it doesn't support port forwarding now so changed to frankfurt-de.privateinternetaccess.com - I must admit that I thought I'd re-created the docker using this one... but maybe I haven't - so what you're saying about the endpoint not supporting port-forwarding may be right.

Here is a screen shot of my dockers... all the stopped ones are actually not used now and are just there in case I decide to re-instate them;

image.png.2f35adfe79499e22a907b3d5d3705519.png

Let me know what else you would like me to check...

2 minutes ago, SliMat said:

No, the only other dockers I am running that are active are jackett, NginxProxyManager, plex and sonarr.

ca backup is a plugin not a docker container, check the plugins section of the unraid web ui and verify its not installed, or at least not set to pause and resume.

so i see you have deluge and delugevpn installed, are you 100% sure you were connected to the right deluge instance and didnt send the torrents to the deluge container not delugevpn?.

just to confirm i have zero entries when looking at https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com and i have been downloading linux iso's for a long time (years).

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

ca backup is a plugin not a docker container, check the plugins section of the unraid web ui and verify its not installed, or at least not set to pause and resume.

so i see you have deluge and delugevpn installed, are you 100% sure you were connected to the right deluge instance and didnt send the torrents to the deluge container not delugevpn?.

just to confirm i have zero entries when looking at https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com and i have been downloading linux iso's for a long time (years).

Apologies... you did say plugin, but either way its not installed for sure;

image.thumb.png.af77cbf6e4b670e75a80b84d6f4f1cc0.png

I was definitely using delugeVPN as the other docker was the first one I created with the plan of routing it to PIA via my router (Draytek 2860N), but I had problems with port forwarding and had zero traffic doing it this way, then I found yours with the VPN element integrated already.

If you think all looks good I can delete the docker, and the folder from appdata - re-install it from scratch using de.privateinternetaccess.com endpoint from the start so I can use the pia profile... then try downloading some legal Linux ISOs to see if they appear at  https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com

11 minutes ago, SliMat said:

If you think all looks good I can delete the docker, and the folder from appdata - re-install it from scratch using de.privateinternetaccess.com endpoint from the start so I can use the pia profile... then try downloading some legal Linux ISOs to see if they appear at  https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com

i think at this point thats all we have got left to try, the log looks fine to me, i see no obvious problems, so lets try the above and see how it goes.

there is one other point i would like to make here and that is in regards to jackett, i see you have that enabled and im assuming that is the source of the metadata download right? (as in magnet/torrent file), if so if this is not secured via socks proxy or http proxy then this traffic will of course go over your normal isp's connection and not the vpn tunnel, so you might want to consider securing this (if you havent already done so).

1 minute ago, binhex said:

there is one other point i would like to make here and that is in regards to jackett, i see you have that enabled and im assuming that is the source of the metadata download right? (as in magnet/torrent file), if so if this is not secured via socks proxy or http proxy then this traffic will of course go over your normal isp's connection and not the vpn tunnel, so you might want to consider securing this (if you havent already done so).

You are right - not knowing a lot about sonarr / jackett / deluge I have been following SpaceInvader One's tut's so will try to find out how to secure jackett too - a friend has offered me a login to his OpenVPN server, so I may end up routing all the traffic from my UnRAID server through a VPN tunnel from my router, which means everything will be protected... but I need to try to sort out the port forwarding issue to get as good a speed as I can.

In the meantime I will recreate delugeVPN from scratch and run some tests and come back with the results... it will be a day or two before I know whether the downloads have been recorded.

Many thanks and I'll let you know what happens.

17 minutes ago, SliMat said:

You are right - not knowing a lot about sonarr / jackett / deluge I have been following SpaceInvader One's tut's so will try to find out how to secure jackett too

see this video on how to use privoxy to secure metadata downloaders:-

3 hours ago, binhex said:

see this video on how to use privoxy to secure metadata downloaders:-

Thanks - I have set up privoxy on Sonarr & Jackett 🙂

Also I have downloaded a couple of test files in delugeVPN. One with VPN turned on and one with VPN turned off... so far neither show in https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com - not sure how long it takes to appear, so will check again tomorrow and let you know what the outcome is... hopefully one will be visible and one not 🤞

18 hours ago, binhex said:

i think at this point thats all we have got left to try, the log looks fine to me, i see no obvious problems, so lets try the above and see how it goes.

Many thanks for your help - I cant understand why I had the problems described yesterday, but have left it running again last night and all seems good when I go to https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com. Also have setup proxy for Jackett, etc.

Only issue now is getting Sonarr to move and rename as this isnt working without some manual intervention - but thats a Sonarr question ;-)

Edited by SliMat
Many thanks for your help - I cant understand why I had the problems described yesterday, but have left it running again last night and all seems good when I go to https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com. Also have setup proxy for Jackett, etc.

Only issue now is getting Sonarr to move and rename as this isnt working without some manual intervention - but thats a Sonarr question ;-)
Ok that's good! another quick question for you, did you incorrectly setup a port forward on your home router by any chance?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

Ok that's good! another quick question for you, did you incorrectly setup a port forward on your home router by any chance?

Not that I am aware of, I havent chnaged any port settings in the last couple of days. I tend to keep most ports closed as I run Exchange etc from a VM on an UnRaid server in a datacentre... can you elaborate on what you are thinking?

The only thing I have changed since yesterday is that I am using a friends OpenVPN server in a datacentre and have set DelugeVPN to custom settings with a .opvn file provided by him using TCP rather than UDP on PIA and all of a sudden I am getting a download speed of about 150Mbps 😄

Edited by SliMat
typo

A great docker, so far, but one other observation @binhex I have noticed that in the preferences section, when you enable plugins (namely lables & blocklists), after the docker is restarted these revert to the default setting of off... so you have to re-enable them as soon as the docker restarts - I havent searched for a cure to this yet, but is it a known issue?

Edited by SliMat
3 hours ago, SliMat said:

I tend to keep most ports closed as I run Exchange etc from a VM on an UnRaid server in a datacentre.

so let me get this right, you dont have unraid on your home lan then?, its instead running on a dedicated server in a datacentre?.

2 hours ago, SliMat said:

after the docker is restarted these revert to the default setting of off... so you have to re-enable them as soon as the docker restarts

see link below Q4.:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/delugevpn.md

1 hour ago, binhex said:

so let me get this right, you dont have unraid on your home lan then?, its instead running on a dedicated server in a datacentre?.

Sorry - not worded very well... I have UnRaid at home and a separate UnRaid server in the DC... I was meaning that I don't have any specific ports open as I obviously have 25, 21, 80, 443, etc open on the router in the DC... but nothing specific open on my home router (apart from 80/443 for NginixProxyManager)

Edited by SliMat

Anyone else been having speed issues with this docker and PIA?

I have done a fresh install of the docker and tried each of the endpoints that allow port forwarding.

I then tested using the ubuntu 19.10 iso torrent and the max I got with each endpoint was 1.8MiB/s

I remember before getting 10MiB/s if not more, I have no idea what has changed though.

6 hours ago, barajas.uriel said:

I have been battling this for days. As a test, I downloaded ubuntu on qbitorrent at 10MB/s on my Windows VM.

Both with delugeVPN whether or not the VPN is on or off, the downloads start and then eventually just time out.

have you configured the incomplete and completed locations in deluge web ui to point at /data?.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:11 AM, binhex said:

all users who have been forced to switch to privado need to contact privado and ask them why they are blocking dns queries to public name servers, seems a bit shady to me (selling dns query data?).

Done this and go the following reply:

Thank you for contacting support.  We are not blocking the queries on our side and you will want to try using our DNS servers if the public server you are using do not work:
Primary:  198.18.0.1
Secondary:  198.18.0.2

Didnt make any difference for me.

1 minute ago, Turrican said:

Thank you for contacting support.  We are not blocking the queries on our side and you will want to try using our DNS servers if the public server you are using do not work:

Same. I'm going to switch providers, get a separate VPN, and let UsenetServer know I'm cancelling because of Privado.

1 minute ago, Turrican said:

hmm well dns queries fail *shrug*, they also have issues with pushing an option to set the default gateway, see here for an open issue on this:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/issues/164

15 hours ago, Conmyster said:

Anyone else been having speed issues with this docker and PIA?

I have done a fresh install of the docker and tried each of the endpoints that allow port forwarding.

I then tested using the ubuntu 19.10 iso torrent and the max I got with each endpoint was 1.8MiB/s

I remember before getting 10MiB/s if not more, I have no idea what has changed though.

Me too, I have tried with different endpoints. I am trying to get some feedback on what people are choosing now.