[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

19 hours ago, Conmyster said:

Anyone else been having speed issues with this docker and PIA?

I have done a fresh install of the docker and tried each of the endpoints that allow port forwarding.

I then tested using the ubuntu 19.10 iso torrent and the max I got with each endpoint was 1.8MiB/s

I remember before getting 10MiB/s if not more, I have no idea what has changed though.

This has been an ongoing issue for a lot of users of PIA and Deluge.  You need to install a Deluge plugin called ltConfig, but unfortunately it doesn't work with the latest version of Deluge (2.0.4), which the docker is currently on.

Your only option is to rollback your docker container to the last release of 2.0.3, binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.3_23_g5f1eada3e-1-03 and reinstall the ltConfig plugin.  The process is a little involved because it requires compiling the beta version of the ltConfig plugin (2.0.0) inside of the docker container.  Once the plugin is installed and activated within Deluge, you need to disable the following two settings within the ltConfig settings and your torrent speeds will be back to normal.

Uncheck These

enable_outgoing_utp
enable_incoming_utp

If you need help with any part of this process, let me know.  I know how frustrating it can be.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, raiditup said:

This has been an ongoing issue for a lot of users of PIA and Deluge.  You need to install a Deluge plugin called ltConfig, but unfortunately it doesn't work with the latest version of Deluge (2.0.4), which the docker is currently on.

Your only option is to rollback your docker container to the last release of 2.0.3, binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.3_23_g5f1eada3e-1-03 and reinstall the ltConfig plugin.  The process is a little involved because it requires compiling the beta version of the ltConfig plugin (2.0.0) inside of the docker container.  Once the plugin is installed and activated within Deluge, you need to disable the following two settings within the ltConfig settings and your torrent speeds will be back to normal.

Uncheck These

enable_outgoing_utp
enable_incoming_utp

If you need help with any part of this process, let me know.  I know how frustrating it can be.

Okay so I have downgraded to the version you mentioned however I did try and be lazy and use the egg https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-ltconfig/releases

Which did not work... If you could kindly describe on what needs to be completed? (On a side note I did downgrade to 2.0.3_23_g5f1eada3e-1-03 but my browser bar is still showing "2.0.4.dev20")

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Conmyster said:

Okay so I have downgraded to the version you mentioned however I did try and be lazy and use the egg https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-ltconfig/releases

Which did not work... If you could kindly describe on what needs to be completed? (On a side note I did downgrade to 2.0.3_23_g5f1eada3e-1-03 but my browser bar is still showing "2.0.4.dev20")

The 2.0.4 label is either a typo by the dev team or is an early beta of 2.0.4.  In any case that version, it's the version I'm using and it works with the ltConfig plugin.  To get the plugin working, you'll need to compile it from scratch using the python version that's used in the container.

Instructions

On the same page you tried download the .egg from, https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-ltconfig/releases instead download one of the compressed Source Code files.  Extract the folder and copy or scp it to the plugins folder of the delugevpn container.  e.g. /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/plugins on your unRAID server.

Now go to the webGUI of your unRAID server, click on the Docker tab, click on the icon of the delugevpn container and open the Console.  In the console, go to the Source Code folder you just uploaded in the plugins directory which will most likely be in /config/plugins.  Then compile the plugin.

cd /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0

python setup.py bdist_egg

The compiled egg will be located at /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0/dist/ltConfig-2.0.0-py3.8.egg.  Copy it to the root of the plugins directory.

cp /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0/dist/ltConfig-2.0.0-py3.8.egg /config/plugins

You may need to restart your delugevpn container after this, but the plugin should now show in the WebUI of Deluge.

In the Deluge WebUI, go to Preferences -> Plugins and enable the ltConfig plugin.  A new ltConfig menu option will become available inside Preferences.

Click ltConfig and make sure "Apply settings on startup" is checked.  Scroll down the menu until you locate

enable_outgoing_utp
enable_incoming_utp

Make sure these two settings are unchecked and Apply the changes.

Restart the delugevpn container one more time and double check that the ltConfig plugin loaded on startup and the two settings are unchecked.

Enjoy your faster torrent speeds again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
20 minutes ago, raiditup said:

The 2.0.4 label is either a typo by the dev team or is an early beta of 2.0.4.  In any case that version, it's the version I'm using and it works with the ltConfig plugin.  To get the plugin working, you'll need to compile it from scratch using the python version that's used in the container.

Instructions

On the same page you tried download the .egg from, https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-ltconfig/releases instead download one of the compressed Source Code files.  Extract the folder and copy or scp it to the plugins folder of the delugevpn container.  e.g. /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/plugins on your unRAID server.

Now go to the webGUI of your unRAID server, click on the Docker tab, click on the icon of the delugevpn container and open the Console.  In the console, go to the Source Code folder you just uploaded in the plugins directory which will most likely be in /config/plugins.  Then compile the plugin.

cd /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0

python setup.py bdist_egg

The compiled egg will be located at /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0/dist/ltConfig-2.0.0-py3.8.egg.  Copy it to the root of the plugins directory.

cp /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0/dist/ltConfig-2.0.0-py3.8.egg /config/plugins

You may need to restart your delugevpn container after this, but the plugin should now show in the WebUI of Deluge.

In the Deluge WebUI, go to Preferences -> Plugins and enable the ltConfig plugin.  A new ltConfig menu option will become available inside Preferences.

Click ltConfig and make sure "Apply settings on startup" is checked.  Scroll down the menu until you locate

enable_outgoing_utp
enable_incoming_utp

Make sure these two settings are unchecked and Apply the changes.

Restart the delugevpn container one more time and double check that the ltConfig plugin loaded on startup and the two settings are unchecked.

Enjoy your faster torrent speeds again.

Well I was able to build the plugin and it shows on the plugins tab.

The only issue I have is I can enable the plguin in the plugins tab and do the "Apply settingsd on startup", I make sure enable_outgoing_utp and  enable_incoming_utp are disabled.

However when I reboot the docker it disables the plugin in the plugins tab...

7 minutes ago, Conmyster said:

Well I was able to build the plugin and it shows on the plugins tab.

The only issue I have is I can enable the plguin in the plugins tab and do the "Apply settingsd on startup", I make sure enable_outgoing_utp and  enable_incoming_utp are disabled.

However when I reboot the docker it disables the plugin in the plugins tab...

I had that problem too.  Before you do this next step to fix that issue, make sure you stop the delugevpn container in the unRAID webGUI.

After delugevpn is stopped, edit the core.conf file in /mnt/user/appdat/binhex-delugevpn/core.conf

nano /mnt/user/appdat/binhex-delugevpn/core.conf

Change the "enabled_plugins" setting to the following

"enabled_plugins": [
        "ltConfig"
],

This should enable the plugin on startup.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, raiditup said:

I had that problem too.  Before you do this next step to fix that issue, make sure you stop the delugevpn container in the unRAID webGUI.

After delugevpn is stopped, edit the core.conf file in /mnt/user/appdat/binhex-delugevpn/core.conf

nano /mnt/user/appdat/binhex-delugevpn/core.conf

Change the "enabled_plugins" setting to the following

"ltConfig"
],

This should enable the plugin on startup.

Okay so I use the Label plugin and it currently has:

"Label"
],

Do I just change that to:

"Label"

"ltConfig"
],

6 minutes ago, Conmyster said:

Okay so I use the Label plugin and it currently has:

"Label"
],

Do I just change that to:

"Label"

"ltConfig"
],

I believe you need a comma after the "Label".  If the container fails to start, it usually will say why in the logs.

"Label",

"ltConfig"
],

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, UNcitizenRAID said:

i am having issues installing plugins in delugevpn how would i go about installing copy completed? or any other egg?

If you're using Deluge 2.0.0 and up, you have to use plugins that were rewritten for the newer releases.  Any plugins written for Deluge 1.3 will not work in 2.0 and up.

If you do have an up-to-date plugin, you can install them through the Deluge WebUI under Preferences -> Plugins and then click the Install button.  You can also put the .egg file directly in the plugins folder of your docker container e.g. /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/plugins

5 minutes ago, raiditup said:

If you're using Deluge 2.0.0 and up, you have to use plugins that were rewritten for the newer releases.  Any plugins written for Deluge 1.3 will not work in 2.0 and up.

If you do have an up-to-date plugin, you can install them through the Deluge WebUI under Preferences -> Plugins and then click the Install button.  You can also put the .egg file directly in the plugins folder of your docker container e.g. /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/plugins

thank you BUT i have already tries both of those, no luck when i run a version check it says python 3.8.1 and none of the .egg files are that up to date. if i try from web ui i get [object FileList] in the window and nothing happens? im at a loss

Capture.PNG

Edited by UNcitizenRAID
1 hour ago, raiditup said:

I believe you need a comma after the "Label".  If the container fails to start, it usually will say why in the logs.

"Label",

"ltConfig"
],

Thanks for the info, I have done this and changed the required settings in ltConfig. 

I can confirm that the speeds are now much better in the region of  45 - 50MB/s which is the max speed of my connection. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Conmyster said:

Thanks for the info, I have done this and changed the required settings in ltConfig. 

I can confirm that the speeds are now much better in the region of  45 - 50MB/s which is the max speed of my connection. 

Glad you got your speeds back!

• Like 1

so i would like my workflow to look like>>>> use radarr or sonarr to get the files using jacket imported int delugevpn ( it does this part no issues), but uppon completion radarr or sonarr needs to cut down the file name lossing all the extra stuff and place the file into a folder in either movies for radarr or plex tv shows for sonarr. which it did do before but no longer

Edited by UNcitizenRAID
57 minutes ago, UNcitizenRAID said:

thank you BUT i have already tries both of those, no luck when i run a version check it says python 3.8.1 and none of the .egg files are that up to date. if i try from web ui i get [object FileList] in the window and nothing happens? im at a loss

You'll probably need to grab the Source code from the plugin developer and recompile the plugin inside the console of the delugevpn container.

2 minutes ago, Turrican said:

Binhex mentioned Mullvad in the GitHub and I can get an offer on Surfshark where it's 80% off and cashback.

Mullvad have a good reputation (so far) and a lot of PIA users are jumping ship (Kape technologies paranoia) over to it with good result.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:42 AM, tehtide said:

I'm having an issue with radarr and sonarr connecting to this container. It had been working, but now I cannot get radarr and sonarr to connect to deluge.

In both sonarr and radarr I'm getting the following error:

Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'http://10.10.20.22:8112/json'

If I look into the logs for radarr and sonarr this is what I'm seeing:

[Error] Deluge: The operation has timed out.: 'http://10.10.20.22:8112/json'

[v0.2.0.1450] System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.: 'http://10.10.20.22:8112/json' ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00016] in <91935ad653254a93b9d73a9f8f2f7a2d>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000ef] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:76
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x001cf] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:113
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000cc] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:60
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x0007e] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:121
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:57
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.AuthenticateClient (NzbDrone.Common.Http.JsonRpcRequestBuilder requestBuilder, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings, System.Boolean reauthenticate) [0x0005b] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:284
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.BuildRequest (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings) [0x0006b] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:197
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult] (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings, System.String method, System.Object[] arguments) [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:204
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.GetVersion (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings) [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:53
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.Deluge.TestConnection () [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\Deluge.cs:188

I'm having the same issue here. A restart of DelugeVPN helps for a few minutes, then it's back to this. 

I'll also get this one, both for Sonarr and Radarr when trying to test the connection to DelugeVPN

Failed to test connection: HTTP request failed: [503:ServiceUnavailable] [POST] at [http://192.168.0.102:8112/json]

NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpException: HTTP request failed: [503:ServiceUnavailable] [POST] at [http://192.168.0.102:8112/json]
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00133] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:100 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.AuthenticateClient (NzbDrone.Common.Http.JsonRpcRequestBuilder requestBuilder, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings, System.Boolean reauthenticate) [0x0005b] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:290 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.BuildRequest (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings) [0x0006d] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:203 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult] (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings, System.String method, System.Object[] arguments) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:210 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.GetVersion (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:53 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.Deluge.TestConnection () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\Deluge.cs:210 
Maximum number of open connections reached.

Hi guys,

I recently switched to the latest version of Deluge, and to the VPN. Everything seems to be working, albeit slow.

Now I have more questions than ever before:

1. How to I check that the port forwarding works?

2. I assumed that I put the port number given to me by the VPN provider into the Deluge UI incoming port field, the one that had "58946" by default. Is it correct?

3. Do I need to punch any holes in my firewall to allow port forwarding over VPN to work?

4. The log file contains something strange:

Fri Mar  6 09:23:11 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Fri Mar  6 09:23:11 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]n.n.n.160:1302

but Deluge UI shows my external IP as n.n.n.164

5. And finally, there are many parameters for the docker that either came from the old version, or duplicates (?). Which ones are required, and can I remove the rest?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Kir said:

. How to I check that the port forwarding works?

see here Q9:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

1 hour ago, Kir said:

2. I assumed that I put the port number given to me by the VPN provider into the Deluge UI incoming port field, the one that had "58946" by default. Is it correct?

correct

1 hour ago, Kir said:

3. Do I need to punch any holes in my firewall to allow port forwarding over VPN to work?

nope, do not do this.

1 hour ago, Kir said:

4. The log file contains something strange:

Fri Mar  6 09:23:11 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Fri Mar  6 09:23:11 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]n.n.n.160:1302

but Deluge UI shows my external IP as n.n.n.164

the remote ip address is the vpn providers server, NOT your public ip address.

1 hour ago, Kir said:

5. And finally, there are many parameters for the docker that either came from the old version, or duplicates (?). Which ones are required, and can I remove the rest?

like what?

12 minutes ago, binhex said:

Shows "port is open". Does it mean it is correctly forwarded to my local Deluge, or it's just in a listening state by the VPN provider?

13 minutes ago, binhex said:

like what?

Host Port 3 and Host Port 4 both contain the parameters for "Container Port: 58946"

Container Variable: VPN_REMOTE and Container Variable: VPN_PORT - I cannot blank it out. I don't think it's needed for ovpn files.

Thank you!