[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hello All,

I have encountered some issues that I'm struggling to resolve that I'm hoping you can help with.

Today I found that Deluge was not up and running as expected.  I checked the logs and as others had seen I found that it was unable to connect to my PIA server.  I confirmed they are having issues with some of their port forwarding servers today and I changed the config files out to another server and then got past that error.  Now I'm having an error that's preventing me from accessing the UI.  The strange thing is I can see a site reporting me as seeding everything I just can't access the UI.

2020-04-03 12:08:07,828 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "listen_ports" to: (42322, 42322)
Configuration value successfully updated.

2020-04-03 12:08:07,872 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_weak_ptr'
what(): bad_weak_ptr

I saw a similar error posted about here:

However I was unable to determine what was the resolution for this user.

Thanks for taking a look!

Edited by Redwind

Everyone of PIA’s portforwarding sites seems down, I’ve tried all the countries closest in Europe with there phone app and it’s not connecting at all. I’m due to renew in 3months what or who provide a better VPN port forwarding service? As I may be sacking PIA after this.

So today deluge just wouldn't load the WebUI. I am using it with PIA and see some people are having issues with their servers. I'm guessing this is happening because PIA can't connect and I just need to wait until they fix the issue? Or is this something on my end?

40 minutes ago, cromwell said:

So today deluge just wouldn't load the WebUI. I am using it with PIA and see some people are having issues with their servers. I'm guessing this is happening because PIA can't connect and I just need to wait until they fix the issue? Or is this something on my end?

Try another server. France is working for sure.

8 hours ago, Dazza1 said:

I’m due to renew in 3months what or who provide a better VPN port forwarding service? As I may be sacking PIA after this.

I've been using AirVPN for 4+ years and it's been rock solid, never had an issue. And I've tried my fair share of vpn providers, including PIA.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Try another server. France is working for sure.

I just gave France a try and no luck either. Are you setting this Deluge option to "yes"? 

Container Variable: VPN_ENABLED

edit spoke to soon. It does work, so I guess the server I typically use is down (Montreal)

Edited by cromwell

I’m trying France on their app and there is no connection at all I did get this from them though 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Thank you for reaching out to us here at PIA Customer Support.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues connecting to our Port forwarding servers. I would like to let you know that our DevOps team is aware of the issue and are working toward implementing a solution to correct this. However, we don't have a time frame yet when it will be fixed. No worries, I'm very positive that it'll be fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

13 minutes ago, Dazza1 said:

I’m trying France on their app and there is no connection at all I did get this from them though 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Thank you for reaching out to us here at PIA Customer Support.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues connecting to our Port forwarding servers. I would like to let you know that our DevOps team is aware of the issue and are working toward implementing a solution to correct this. However, we don't have a time frame yet when it will be fixed. No worries, I'm very positive that it'll be fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Yes, I should have mentioned that I did contact their support and port forwarding is indeed down in Canada. They said France works and I did confirm it does. Make sure you do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Update the configuration files in the delugevpn folder (make a copy of the older config files in case you want to restore them later)
  3. Start the container
  4. Restart the container
  5. Wait a few minutes. I thought France wasn't working at first either, but it just took a few minutes to connect

That should do it.

Edited by cromwell
1 hour ago, cromwell said:

Yes, I should have mentioned that I did contact their support and port forwarding is indeed down in Canada. They said France works and I did confirm it does. Make sure you do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Update the configuration files in the delugevpn folder (make a copy of the older config files in case you want to restore them later)
  3. Start the container
  4. Restart the container
  5. Wait a few minutes. I thought France wasn't working at first either, but it just took a few minutes to connect

That should do it.

Struggling to find the certs as i guess they have used new ones which would render my old cert void

1 hour ago, cromwell said:

Attached. Pick the France ovpn file. Also grab the .crt and .pem file

openvpn.zip 98.14 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks I've done it and restarted the containers a couple of time still no dice. Sat Apr 4 21:41:13 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)

Update: Well finally done only managed to get it working through Switzerland. I may look at AirVPN as suggested above as getting this thing to take was a pain even with new certs and deleting the configs

Edited by Dazza1
More info
23 hours ago, strike said:

Unless you changed the default volume mappings your download folder is wrong. Please post your docker run command or a screenshot of the container settings.

The download folder is not wrong. Below is my docker-compose file.

version: "3.2"
services:
  deluge:
    restart: unless-stopped
    image: binhex/arch-delugevpn
    container_name: deluge
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    devices:
      - /dev/net/tun
    ports:
      - 8112:8112
      - 8118:8118
      - 58746:58746 # incoming port
      - 58846:58846
    environment:
      PUID: "1000"
      PGID: "100"
      VPN_ENABLED: "yes"
      VPN_USER: "redacted"
      VPN_PASS: "redacted"
      VPN_PROV: "custom"
      STRICT_PORT_FORWARD: "no"
      ENABLE_PRIVOXY: "yes"
      LAN_NETWORK: "192.168.1.0/24"
      DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL: "info"
      DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL: "info"
      DEBUG: "true"
      UMASK: "000"
    volumes:
      - /home/user/.config/deluge/:/config
      - /mnt/ntfs1/Downloads:/mnt/ntfs1/Downloads
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    sysctls:
      net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6: 0

Update: Fresh install done just need to set it up again.(ignoreAnyone know how to get back to the delugeVPN webUI I changed the income and our going ports in the webUI to try and setup AirVPN now I can’t get back to the webUI I’ve deleted the image and the docker but it reinstalls what I messed up)

Edited by Dazza1
On 4/4/2020 at 6:03 PM, cromwell said:

see q10:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Thanks 1
On 4/3/2020 at 10:18 AM, fmp4m said:

Im having a strange issue that just began.   I have two instances of BinHex DelugeVPN running,  well did,  until a couple days ago.  Now I receive the following error everytime I try to start the second docker:

"Execution error - Server error"

Then when running the start command manually:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-delugevpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='REDACTED' -e 'VPN_PASS'='REDACTED' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='--mute-replay-warnings' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.76.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8112:8112/tcp' -p '58846:58846/tcp' -p '58946:58946/tcp' -p '58946:58946/udp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/TV Shows/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-delugevpn' 

2cdbfa46e11d90d5fcb5eabc440a429e529fd0e32cbb98b9fa4d9c3c8d879a08
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-delugevpn (84ce47d6936158978fc3d4b0adf273e861a5de8cfd74adb0bde4033c130805dc): Error starting userland proxy: listen udp 0.0.0.0:58946: bind: address already in use.

The command failed.

Any ideas?

Anyone?

On 4/4/2020 at 12:03 PM, cromwell said:

Failing for me today as well.

Connection Refused.

Edited by BeerEngineer

2020-04-06 17:04:09,381 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=[myclientID]...

2020-04-06 17:04:09,415 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 7 from curl != 0
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

That's what I'm getting.

Edited by brimnac