[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

1 minute ago, BeerEngineer said:

Isolation - Successful.  Changing Strict port forwarding from YES to NO resolved the issue of being unable to login to Web UI.  

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

If you are using PIA try a different endpoint. They have been having problems for the past week or so. I know France is currently working.

I've gotten the same UI issue, and I'm aware of the PIA issue with port forwarding.  I've switched to a different server that is currently in the supported list but every time I try to start the docker it still tries to connect to the old server I had listed prior to.  Am I missing something as to how to force the update to happen? 

8 minutes ago, xalten said:

I've gotten the same UI issue, and I'm aware of the PIA issue with port forwarding.  I've switched to a different server that is currently in the supported list but every time I try to start the docker it still tries to connect to the old server I had listed prior to.  Am I missing something as to how to force the update to happen? 

Ok, I updated the openvpn config file directly from console and that did the trick.  Not sure why editing the config in unRaid does not work

4 hours ago, xalten said:

Ok, I updated the openvpn config file directly from console and that did the trick.  Not sure why editing the config in unRaid does not work

I had the same issue as you, I also had to update my ovpn file from the console. Something is clearly wrong with the docker.

4 minutes ago, 7thSon said:

Did you have any further input on my lack of connectivity/traffic discussed on the previous page? I'm completely stuck with it.

try this, ssh to the unraid server and type the following (do NOT use the built in web ui console for the container):-

docker exec -u nobody -it <name of container> bash

then type:-

echo "test perms" > /mnt/ntfs1/Downloads/test

im guessing this will tell you it cannot write to that location, aka permissions issue, if so you need to fix this for the PUID and PGID that you specified.

Edited by binhex
3 hours ago, binhex said:

try this, ssh to the unraid server and type the following (do NOT use the built in web ui console for the container):-

docker exec -u nobody -it <name of container> bash

then type:-

echo "test perms" > /mnt/ntfs1/Downloads/test

im guessing this will tell you it cannot write to that location, aka permissions issue, if so you need to fix this for the PUID and PGID that you specified.

Writing to /mnt/ntfs1/Downloads/test works fine, the test file is created without any issues.

11 minutes ago, 7thSon said:

Writing to /mnt/ntfs1/Downloads/test works fine, the test file is created without any issues.

are you using unassigned devices plugin for this drive?, im assuming so, if so you need to set the slave options, or some such for it to work correctly, cant remember the details, is this set?.

edit - found some reference to it here:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/50727-62-slave-option-for-volume-setting-what-is-it-and-where-is-it-solved/

Edited by binhex
1 hour ago, binhex said:

are you using unassigned devices plugin for this drive?, im assuming so, if so you need to set the slave options, or some such for it to work correctly, cant remember the details, is this set?.

edit - found some reference to it here:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/50727-62-slave-option-for-volume-setting-what-is-it-and-where-is-it-solved/

No, I'm not running this under Unraid at all, just in a docker container on an arch host.

I've never had issues with writing to the disk in any way.

1 minute ago, 7thSon said:

No, I'm not running this under Unraid at all, just in a docker container on an arch host.

I've never had issues with writing to the disk in any way.

try changing the incomplete and completed to:-

/home/nobody/incomplete

and

/home/nobody/completed

this is purely a test to see if downloads will start, if so then the issue is related to writing to that drive, do not let this run for long as it will be writing inside the docker container.

Just now, daan_SVK said:

would you mind writing down the steps on how to do this for them noobs like me?

you dont need to do it via the console, simply install notepad++, or atom then open the file /config/openvpn/<name of the file with a ovpn extension> and edit the 'remote' line and change it to a endpoint that does support port forwarding, save and restart the container, see q10 from the following link if you dont know how to work out which endpoints are enabled:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, binhex said:

you dont need to do it via the console, simply install notepad++, or atom then open the file /config/openvpn/<name of the file with a ovpn extension> and edit the 'remote' line and change it to a endpoint that does support port forwarding, save and restart the container, see q10 from the following link if you dont know how to work out which endpoints are enabled:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

thanks for the quick response, that fixed it. I wasted two hours tracing this down last night.

On another note, thanks a lot for all the work you're putting in. Can I buy you a beer? 

10 minutes ago, daan_SVK said:

thanks for the quick response, that fixed it. I wasted two hours tracing this down last night.

On another note, thanks a lot for all the work you're putting in. Can I buy you a beer? 

sure you can, donate button in first post of this thread :-).

5 hours ago, binhex said:

try changing the incomplete and completed to:-

/home/nobody/incomplete

and

/home/nobody/completed

this is purely a test to see if downloads will start, if so then the issue is related to writing to that drive, do not let this run for long as it will be writing inside the docker container.

Yeah, writing inside the container to completed/incompleted works. Hmm... what the hell has happened with my mount of this disk...
I tried going into /mnt/ntfs1/downloads on my host with my user that has the same UID/GUID as the container (1000:100), and running "touch test" works just fine. Looking in /etc/passwd in the container I can see that "nobody" is set up correctly as 1000:100.

I also did "su nobody" in the container, went into the downloads folder and tried "echo 'write ok' > test", this also works just fine.

What else can I check to find out why the container user isn't able to write to the disk/folder?

Hi All.

DelugeVPN has been running great. I want to use the docker with Privoxy enable but it doesn't seem to be passing any traffic.

Port is set to use 8118 and I'm using the IP of the server but when I enable any other device to use this as a proxy it doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, 7thSon said:

Yeah, writing inside the container to completed/incompleted works. Hmm... what the hell has happened with my mount of this disk...
I tried going into /mnt/ntfs1/downloads on my host with my user that has the same UID/GUID as the container (1000:100), and running "touch test" works just fine. Looking in /etc/passwd in the container I can see that "nobody" is set up correctly as 1000:100.

I also did "su nobody" in the container, went into the downloads folder and tried "echo 'write ok' > test", this also works just fine.

What else can I check to find out why the container user isn't able to write to the disk/folder?

if you can write to the drive whilst inside the container and on the host then im kinda out of ideas here, perhaps a good old reboot of the host may resolve this.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

if you can write to the drive whilst inside the container and on the host then im kinda out of ideas here, perhaps a good old reboot of the host may resolve this.

I've rebooted the host multiple times since this issue arose... :/

UPDATE: Christ almighty.... I found the problem.... the disk was FULL! *facepalm*

Edited by 7thSon
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, bugster said:

but when I enable any other device to use this as a proxy

how are you doing this?, keep in mind that privoxy will only proxy http and https traffic, it will not proxy everything, thats what a socks proxy is for. typical use of privoxy is metadata downloader, such as sonarr, radarr etc, or as a proxy for your web browser.

Did this just suddenly break for anyone else tonight? I noticed the torrents weren't moving and then I refreshed and it timed out and restarted the container and am getting "This site can't be reached." I tried changing the VPN files and nothing helped and my other devices are working fine with my VPN on.

31 minutes ago, Excessiive said:

Did this just suddenly break for anyone else tonight? I noticed the torrents weren't moving and then I refreshed and it timed out and restarted the container and am getting "This site can't be reached." I tried changing the VPN files and nothing helped and my other devices are working fine with my VPN on.

I'm getting the same error as well. I did update my Unraid version from 6.8 -> 6.8.3 tonight, and didn't notice anything until hours later... not sure if it's relevant.

Looks like Sonarr is seeing errors connecting to it too.

Unable to communicate with Deluge. Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.

Outside of the update to the OS, I did install Dynamix SSD TRIM, but I wouldn't expect that to cause any errors...