[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Ok, not sure what changed, but I just searched a movie on radarr and it sent like 10 torrents of the same movie to deluge and 1 of them actually is downloading. This is turning into a head-scratcher. The tracker status keeps going between ok and timed out, but it's still downloading. Progress!!!

I'm not sure why radarr would send 10 torrents of the same movie to deluge, so that I can't answer But the reason it now starts to download is because your download path is correct. Before it was trying to write to a location which didn't exist and thus getting permissions errors.

You might need to either delete all the other torrents form before or you need to change their storage location to get them to download as they probably have the old location from before.

2 hours ago, strike said:

Since you say lan_network has been tried in many formats it says to me that you don't really know what to put there. And setting it to blank and to match the IP set on br0 confirms that. There is really only one value that works for your network, no point in trying multiple.  So in order to know whats correct I really want to know your routers IP or what Ip your're connecting to when you try to reach the webui. And as I said there's no point in trying to reach the webui on br0, if you want to use br0 try the desktop/thin client like I mentioned.

My Deluge is set to 192.168.1.2. I have tried br0, set the Fixed IP to 192.168.1.2. (i like to keep the IP fixed so I don't need to change bookmarks and Sonarr/Radarr). LAN_Network is usually blank, but I have also tried putting in 192.168.1.2. However, that's only one step I've tried. By default settings (and following SpaceInvaderOne's exact video on this), I can't get it to work. Why does br0 not work? I really don't understand that far. It doesn't work on Bridge either, so what's the concept at work here that causes the disconnect? ELI5 please because Linux/unRaid and this type of networking is not my expertise. Why can I not use br0? That's what my other containers are set to, and work fine. Why does it not work on default Bridge settings?

EDIT: What the ####!? I just tried going back to Bridge again, and now my WebUI works. I swear I have been back and forth with so many settings, Bridge, Host, br0, different LAN_Network settings, different vpn settings, different .ovpn files, you name it. Every "fix" I've read here, I've tried. I changed nothing but turning Bridge back on while changing nothing else (same settings I had before while attempting Bridge) and now the WebUI works. This makes it even worse because I have NO idea what the difference was that caused the fix.

Edited by [email protected]
15 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Why can I not use br0?

Glad you got it sorted. br0 is not supported in this conatiner, there is strict iptables rules in place in order to prevent leakage, I suspect it has something to do with that. I'm actually one of the few who had the webui working on br0, but after changing network hardware (no actual network change other than hardware) I can only get access with the desktop client if I'm on br0 and not the webui. But I don't really need the webui when I have the desktop client so I'm fine on br0. 

On 4/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, BBLV said:

My log is showing this on repeat, might this be a clue to the issue?

2020-04-16 12:14:43,218 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for iptables chain policies to be in place...

2020-04-16 12:14:43,229 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] iptables chain policies are in place

2020-04-16 12:14:43,312 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] VPN IP is 10.118.218.7
[debug] Deluge IP is 10.118.218.7

Any ideas from anyone? I'm getting tagged for a bunch of H&R's.....

I'm also getting this at the beginning of the log:

2020-04-18 18:19:16,692 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

and

2020-04-18 18:19:16,892 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 VERIFY KU OK
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 Validating certificate extended key usage
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 VERIFY EKU OK
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=0, C=CA, ST=ON, O=Windscribe Limited, OU=Operations, CN=Windscribe Node Server 4096

2020-04-18 18:19:16,933 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1602', remote='link-mtu 1550'
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 WARNING: 'cipher' is used inconsistently, local='cipher AES-256-CBC', remote='cipher AES-256-GCM'
Sat Apr 18 18:19:16 2020 WARNING: 'auth' is used inconsistently, local='auth SHA512', remote='auth [null-digest]'

Pointing to a potential cipher issue? I sorta remember having a similar issue the last time I updated the container several months back.... Working fine for months, then update and BAM, issues..... What gives??

Edited by BBLV

Hello;

For anyone using Slick VPN I was having issues getting the deluge container to work.  The whole issue was with the Slick VPN provided ovpn file.

In the Slick OVPN file, they offer the ca cert in <ca> blahblah </ca>.  I had to actually download their certificate and update the ovpn file to point to the cert.  Then I was able to start things up.

Slick OVPN FILE:  https://www.slickvpn.com/locations/

Slick Cert file: https://www.slickvpn.com/tutorials/using-openvpn-with-ubuntu-mint-network-manager/

Edited by Exmond
Added troubleshooting notes
On 3/5/2020 at 1:38 AM, raiditup said:

The 2.0.4 label is either a typo by the dev team or is an early beta of 2.0.4.  In any case that version, it's the version I'm using and it works with the ltConfig plugin.  To get the plugin working, you'll need to compile it from scratch using the python version that's used in the container.

Instructions

On the same page you tried download the .egg from, https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-ltconfig/releases instead download one of the compressed Source Code files.  Extract the folder and copy or scp it to the plugins folder of the delugevpn container.  e.g. /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/plugins on your unRAID server.

Now go to the webGUI of your unRAID server, click on the Docker tab, click on the icon of the delugevpn container and open the Console.  In the console, go to the Source Code folder you just uploaded in the plugins directory which will most likely be in /config/plugins.  Then compile the plugin.

cd /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0

python setup.py bdist_egg

The compiled egg will be located at /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0/dist/ltConfig-2.0.0-py3.8.egg.  Copy it to the root of the plugins directory.

cp /config/plugins/deluge-ltconfig-2.0.0/dist/ltConfig-2.0.0-py3.8.egg /config/plugins

You may need to restart your delugevpn container after this, but the plugin should now show in the WebUI of Deluge.

In the Deluge WebUI, go to Preferences -> Plugins and enable the ltConfig plugin.  A new ltConfig menu option will become available inside Preferences.

Click ltConfig and make sure "Apply settings on startup" is checked.  Scroll down the menu until you locate

enable_outgoing_utp
enable_incoming_utp

Make sure these two settings are unchecked and Apply the changes.

Restart the delugevpn container one more time and double check that the ltConfig plugin loaded on startup and the two settings are unchecked.

Enjoy your faster torrent speeds again.

Thank you so much for this! This is awesome! I was getting like 1/3 or 1/4 of what I can now!

PIA's servers (with or w/o port forwarding) have been awfully slow for me the past couple weeks. i know the Canada based servers lost port fowarding for a week or so but even after being restored i can't get my speeds anywhere close to what they were.. They are often less than 1MB/s and never much higher than that. Are others getting similar speeds?

For those w/ AirVPN is configuring with delugevpn as simple as dropping a port fowarding enabled opvn in the appdata folder? Or if not , what other steps are required?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, bugster said:

No idea but it started working for me.

I figured out my issue. It seems that it was nothing to do with delugevpn but a cache issue. I've had this before where everything breaks and just did not make the connection because in the past nothing would work, including docker itself. I think I am having issues with brtfs but not entirely sure yet. I've reinstalled delugevpn and now my download programs are back up and running. I am fixing Plex and working on a solution for Nextcloud. 

1 minute ago, justvano said:

I figured out my issue. It seems that it was nothing to do with delugevpn but a cache issue. 

If you've filled up your cache drive at any point, and that's where appdata is, that can take down the docker system..  If that's happened, you can get it going again without a restart by going to settings, docker, turn it off, save, turn it on, save (basically restart the docker system).

Hey I am trying to track down an issue with a tracker and announcements. How do I enable logging in Deluge via the docker? I tried adding this to the "Extra Paramters" via advanced view, but I keep getting that the path isn't found. I also tried enabling the "Debug" option in the actual docker, but from what I can telI can't get torrent log info?

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq#HowdoIstartthedaemonwithloggingenabled

'-d -L debug -l /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/logs'
'-d -L debug -l /config/logs'

Edited by LumberJackGeek

Hi I am having lots of issues with DelugeVPN, I have literally searche don here and everywhere but can't seem to find a solution. I am new to Unraid so please be patient, I seem to be gettting some really irratic speeds. I have configured ltconfig which seemed to help at first then the speed dropped but what seems to be even more of an issues is my upload speeds are terrible majority of the time i have zero upload speeds and for a brief moment I will get a few kb's and then it will drop to 0. 

I am using PIA and I have tried multiple torrents including the Ubuntu. 

I have turned on debugging, log attached

supervisord.log

On 4/21/2020 at 11:27 PM, LumberJackGeek said:

Hey I am trying to track down an issue with a tracker and announcements. How do I enable logging in Deluge via the docker? I tried adding this to the "Extra Paramters" via advanced view, but I keep getting that the path isn't found. I also tried enabling the "Debug" option in the actual docker, but from what I can telI can't get torrent log info?

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq#HowdoIstartthedaemonwithloggingenabled

'-d -L debug -l /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/logs'
'-d -L debug -l /config/logs'

simple, change the env var 'DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL' to 'debug'

Edited by binhex

Hello, I am trying to install the follwing plug-in:  https://github.com/idlesign/deluge-webapi/tree/master/dist

I have tried dropping it into the plugins folder, and then editing core.conf to include the plug in "WebUi" (for these tasks I followed the documentation in the FAQ here: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/delugevpn.md ).

When I do this, the web ui never restarts when I restart the container.  

I am running delugevpn:latest and I tried both the py 3.6 and py 3.7 version of the latest iteration (v0.4) of the plugin.  Does anyone have any experience in getting this plugin working with this docker image?

Lately I seem to be having a problem with Deluge VPN.  It will run fine for a week or maybe two, then all of a sudden I notice no uploads occurring.  Which is suspicious.  I stop the docker and restart.  As soon as I do, the torrents start uploading.  This has been happening for maybe a month or a bit longer.  Every week or two I have to restart it.  Not sure where to look to see what's going on.  

Any assistance is appreciated.  Attached is the log.

Log for_ binhex-delugevpn.html

Edited by DigitalDivide
Uploaded file

Hi I have noticed an issue when using this container in custom Bridged mode.  The container starts and the vpn connection is established however I am unable to access the deluge webui.  If I set my browser to use privoxy as a proxy I am able to access the webui fine, however when I remove the proxy config from my browser I am again unable to access the webui for deluge.  All other services continue to function as normal and a curl of ifconfig.io shows that all traffic is routed through the VPN service as expected.

How can this be resolved?  Happy to provide any further info as needed. It seems crazy to have to enable the proxy in my browser just to get to the webui.

Checking the supervisord it appears as below that the webui is being mapped to the internal docker network address and not 192.168.1.1 as it should be 

[debug] VPN IP is 10.7.0.6
[debug] Deluge IP is 10.7.0.6

Edited by TheGrownUpGeek

Hi all. I've beem running DelugeVPN for months without problem... but since yesterday I couldn't connect to my delugevpn. so I restarted it, and even updated it and still no success.

the error log show this:

11:52:10.289 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :885 ] Finished loading 139 torrents in 0:00:03.231390
11:52:10.738 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:41395
11:52:10.914 [CRITICAL][twisted                       :154 ] Unhandled error in Deferred:
11:52:10.946 [CRITICAL][deluge.log                    :93  ] twisted.internet.defer 
[Failure instance: Traceback: <class 'UnicodeDecodeError'>: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 11: invalid continuation byte
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py:1283:run
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py:1292:mainLoop
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py:913:runUntilCurrent
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/task.py:239:__call__
--- <exception caught here> ---
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:151:maybeDeferred
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py:70:update
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py:138:handle_alerts
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py:139:<dictcomp>

Already searched this forum and they said it was fixed but no new release? what do I do now?

Thanks

I am seeing a similar issue I think.  It looks like everything starts fine in the log, but cannot open the webui.  Here is the end of my log.  Not seeing anything abnormal above that.  For reference I am using PIA with Switzerland as my endpoint.

2020-04-25 08:48:38,134 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2020-04-25 08:48:38,247 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2020-04-25 08:48:47,043 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "random_port" to: False
Configuration value successfully updated.

2020-04-25 08:48:48,846 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "listen_ports" to: (46278, 46278)
Configuration value successfully updated.

2020-04-25 08:48:50,450 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

2020-04-25 08:48:50,451 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2020-04-25 08:48:50,456 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2020-04-25 08:48:50,450 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

2020-04-25 08:48:50,451 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2020-04-25 08:48:50,456 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2020-04-25 08:48:51,461 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2020-04-25 08:48:51,466 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

Looking a little more, I am seeing movement in the deluged.log file.  So I think it is working on the backend, but just not able to open the webui.  I want to try disabling the VPN, but how do I pause all my current file downloads without the webui?  I would like to test with just one download.  I will look in the config files if there is a setting.