[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

My private tracker website say's that I'm uploading,  but I can't check the webgui, or  if I add new torrents to the watched folder, it renames it to a .INVALID file and does not download it.

17:04:02.178 [ERROR   ][deluge_autoadd.core           :329 ] Cannot Autoadd torrent file: /volume1/downloads/_torrtz/scene/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.torrent: Torrent already being added (990e98bb22e081e8b88c...).

27 minutes ago, Burizado said:

Well, I took some time doing some other chores around the house, came back, and the webgui is working again.  Wonder if there was an outage or something with PIA that affected it.  Glad it is working again.

LOL me too, I restarted it and it is working again... yes probably something from PIA affected it...

so i have reciently gained access to some private trackers and everything was going well untill i renamed some files that were downloaded from them. i would like to reupload them so they can reseed but when i try to add the files from my server back to deluge they fail, so i am at a loss on how to get them back seeding again any help would be apprieaceted 

4 hours ago, UNcitizenRAID said:

so i have reciently gained access to some private trackers and everything was going well untill i renamed some files that were downloaded from them. i would like to reupload them so they can reseed but when i try to add the files from my server back to deluge they fail, so i am at a loss on how to get them back seeding again any help would be apprieaceted 

I always visit the specific torrent page and copy then paste the correct filenames. You might have to do a little work to determine the correct folder name too.

1) If torrent is a folder with files within, determine folder name

2) Copy exact name and paste into your watched dir

3) Copy files from their current server location into that dir

4) Rename files according to the details found at the tracker/torrent page

It's not a quick process.

Any idea how to fix this? I have also disabled the VPN but it is the same error

2020-04-26 18:32:15,032 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

2020-04-26 18:32:15,032 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...
[info] Removing deluge pid file (if it exists)...

2020-04-26 18:32:15,246 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' currently has an undefined value
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' will have a new value ''
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2020-04-26 18:32:15,477 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' currently has an undefined value
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' will have a new value ''
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2020-04-26 18:32:15,712 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' currently has a value of '507fea2a926145cabb0786dc09abdc78'
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' will have a new value '507fea2a926145cabb0786dc09abdc78'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/web.conf'...

2020-04-26 18:32:16,147 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2020-04-26 18:32:16,363 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2020-04-26 18:32:19,776 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

2020-04-26 18:32:22,953 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
Unhandled error in Deferred:

2020-04-26 18:32:22,955 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1283, in run
    self.mainLoop()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1292, in mainLoop
    self.runUntilCurrent()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 913, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/task.py", line 239, in __call__
    d = defer.maybeDeferred(self.f, *self.a, **self.kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 151, in maybeDeferred
    result = f(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py", line 70, in update
    self.handle_alerts()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py", line 138, in handle_alerts
    **{
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/core/alertmanager.py", line 139, in <dictcomp>
    attr: getattr(alert, attr)
builtins.UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 11: invalid continuation byte

I can't install plugins -- I searched for an answer but have not found one.

When I try to select the egg file I get [Object FileList]

When I try to install the plugin by just copying the egg file to the plugin directory that also doesn't install it

In NerdPack I've turned on all the Python options

The plugin I am trying to install is AutoRemovePlus which is 2.0 compatiable.

Any idea what the issue is?

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, jeff.lebowski said:

I always visit the specific torrent page and copy then paste the correct filenames. You might have to do a little work to determine the correct folder name too.

1) If torrent is a folder with files within, determine folder name

2) Copy exact name and paste into your watched dir

3) Copy files from their current server location into that dir

4) Rename files according to the details found at the tracker/torrent page

It's not a quick process.

thank you but i feel i have more of an issue reintroducing the files into deluge what is the best process for that action

On 4/25/2020 at 3:39 PM, napalmd said:

spoke too soon, it's happening again...

Yeah mine worked all day (At least I think it did.  I was not monitoring it all day), but this morning I see the same issue, logs look fine but unable to open the deluge webui.  I did add the PIA app to my phone just to try an external connection outside my unraid server, and it connects just fine and works.  This makes me think something is up with the docker vpn version.

I did try setting the VPN_ENABLED to 'no' and I was able to access the webui.  Something must be up with the vpn connection inside the docker I am thinking, since the connection works fine from my phone, to the same endpoint (Switzerland).

On 4/23/2020 at 4:15 AM, binhex said:

if you change nothing and it magically works then by powers of deduction the issue was external to your setup, i.e. a VPN provider issue.

Although, with binhex stating this, it makes me feel the same.  I am guessing something on the PIA side.  I saw they did have port forwarding issues earlier this month.

I am not certain what logs to send them to open a support ticket with them.  I may just open the ticket then send logs as requested.

Edited by Burizado
1 hour ago, napalmd said:

I continue without access to deluge web interface

binhex I addedd the degub env variable, may be this log will help? Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/3hHEPhaT

looks like a bad configuration option, rename the file /config/core.conf to /config/core.conf.old and then restart the container, this will reset the configuration for deluge so you will need to reconfigure but it should get you access to the web ui.

20 minutes ago, binhex said:

looks like a bad configuration option, rename the file /config/core.conf to /config/core.conf.old and then restart the container, this will reset the configuration for deluge so you will need to reconfigure but it should get you access to the web ui.

Already did that, but the story was the same... If it was something from the pia vpn, disabling it should make it work right? but it doesn't.

1 hour ago, napalmd said:

Already did that, but the story was the same... If it was something from the pia vpn, disabling it should make it work right? but it doesn't.

Now it started working. I changed the timezone value for the timezone of the vpn instead of the one I am at. probably a coincidence.

EDIT: Yes it broke again, after 30 min same error.

Edited by napalmd
update

If I have a torguard vpn client, is it possible to use it with delugevpn? I'm getting confused how to configure the docker if i don't have username/password for pia or airvpn. Do i need a subscription to those services to take advantage of deluge vpn?

1 hour ago, Mkeating said:

If I have a torguard vpn client, is it possible to use it with delugevpn? I'm getting confused how to configure the docker if i don't have username/password for pia or airvpn. Do i need a subscription to those services to take advantage of deluge vpn?

You can pretty much use any vpn provider you like, just choose custom instead of pia or airvpn. That being said, you really want a vpn provider who supports port forwarding which is required to get peers to connect to you and to get decent speed. I don't remember if torguard supports port forwarding, but if they don't you'll get crappy speed and won't be able to seed.

2 hours ago, Mkeating said:

I use torguard.  Just like Strike said, select the custom vpn option.