[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

1 hour ago, Mkeating said:

Once i select custom, where do I go from there?

You can follow space invaders guide except just choose custom instead of the other options.  Also, I have heard people having issues with deluge causing Sonarr to stop working if you turn on strict port forwarding but didnt configure it properly in Sonarr.  

After you set up the docker you need to go this site and download the vpn certs that you see Space Invader installing near the end of the video.

https://torguard.net/downloads.php

I just downloaded the OpenVPN 2.4+ Standard TCP Configs for Nov 25 2019...the very top one and it worked for me.  

Go into that OpenVPN zip  you downloaded and delete all of the .ovpn files except for the one for your server.  MAKE SURE YOU JUST DELETE THE OVPN FILES AND NOT THE CERTS OR OTHER FILES.

Now go into your App data folder to where deluge is and throw in the certs in the openvpn folder.  

Restart the docker and it SHOULD work. 

4 minutes ago, Mkeating said:

I guess i'm missing the part where i put the SOCKS5 hostnames and all the torguard information. 

You are overthinking it.  Those files you download from Torguard have a config in it.  This config will point deluge to the appropriate client.  You should be able to follow space invaders video exactly except for VPN choose custom and when hes installing the certs and config, go to the downloads link I gave you.  Let us know if it works so I can reward myself with a beer. If it doesnt work I will still be having the beer, but it will be a drown my sorrows beer.  

Edited by Armed Ferret
because
58 minutes ago, Armed Ferret said:

You are overthinking it.  Those files you download from Torguard have a config in it.  This config will point deluge to the appropriate client.  You should be able to follow space invaders video exactly except for VPN choose custom and when hes installing the certs and config, go to the downloads link I gave you.  Let us know if it works so I can reward myself with a beer. If it doesnt work I will still be having the beer, but it will be a drown my sorrows beer.  

I followed all the steps, and the docker starts now but i'm unable to access the webUI of deluge.

Is anyone having any issues with PIA today?  I am using the Switzerland endpoint, and all day it seems I cannot access the webui in Deluge.  I tried disabling the vpn via the VPN_ENABLED container variable, and I am able to access the webui fine.

I can also connect to PIA Switzerland from my phone and other devices, so it doesn't seem like an 'outage' unless it is something specific to unRAID or dockers.  I have had similar issues in the past weeks but it has always 'magically' come back on, which makes me think something on the PIA side.  Attaching my log file but everything looks fine in there (I took out my credentials from the log).

I'll be the first to admit I am fairly new to unRAID and dockers, so I do not claim to be an expert. :)  My next step I think will be to try a different endpoint, then open a ticket with PIA.

supervisord.log

11 hours ago, Burizado said:

Is anyone having any issues with PIA today?  I am using the Switzerland endpoint, and all day it seems I cannot access the webui in Deluge.  I tried disabling the vpn via the VPN_ENABLED container variable, and I am able to access the webui fine.

I can also connect to PIA Switzerland from my phone and other devices, so it doesn't seem like an 'outage' unless it is something specific to unRAID or dockers.  I have had similar issues in the past weeks but it has always 'magically' come back on, which makes me think something on the PIA side.  Attaching my log file but everything looks fine in there (I took out my credentials from the log).

I'll be the first to admit I am fairly new to unRAID and dockers, so I do not claim to be an expert. :)  My next step I think will be to try a different endpoint, then open a ticket with PIA.

supervisord.log 22.95 kB · 1 download

that log shows a successful start, could you not access the web ui when this log was generated?.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, binhex said:

that log shows a successful start, could you not access the web ui when this log was generated?.

Correct.  Everything in the log shows it starts just fine, but the webui will not come up.  If I turn off the vpn via the VPN_ENABLED container variable I can view the webui.  This makes me believe it is something on the PIA side, specifically with my account, since I have not heard of anyone else having an issue here.  I am assuming many others are using PIA, and some have to be using the Switzerland endpoint.

I saw there are the DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL and DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL variables in the setup.  Would setting these to 'debug' add anymore details I can look at?

I mentioned before that I have seen this issue off and on over the past week, but it always 'magically' fixed itself without any intervention from me, which again points me to something changing on the PIA side.

2 hours ago, Burizado said:

I mentioned before that I have seen this issue off and on over the past week, but it always 'magically' fixed itself without any intervention from me, which again points me to something changing on the PIA side.

well if you are unable to access the web ui and the logs looked like the one you prevously posted then the issue is not vpn provider related, more likely something is blocking the web ui on your network, got vlan's setup?, pi hole?, pfsense?, anything firewall related or ad blocking can do this, try accessing the web ui from another device.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Burizado said:

supervisord.logUnavailable

My PIA access has been working fine up until the last couple of days. It's not running 24/7 so I can't pin it down any closer than that. 

I'm seeing the same behaviour as you, but have a log entry ' WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible'.  Working through troubleshooting right now. Randomly clicked the last item of this thread out of curiosity. 

My installation is pretty old - I can see OVPN and certs have been updated by PIA. So possibly a good place to start. 

** Update - updating OVPN and cert files fixed this for me. So maybe an easy place to start Burizado. Good luck. 

Edited by Ter G
update
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ter G said:

I'm seeing the same behaviour as you, but have a log entry ' WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible'.  Working through troubleshooting right now. Randomly clicked the last item of this thread out of curiosity. 

fyi and to stop Chinese whispers - this is of no consequence and should be ignored.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ter G said:

My PIA access has been working fine up until the last couple of days. It's not running 24/7 so I can't pin it down any closer than that. 

My installation is pretty old - I can see OVPN and certs have been updated by PIA. So possibly a good place to start. 

** Update - updating OVPN and cert files fixed this for me. So maybe an easy place to start Burizado. Good luck. 

Having this same issue as of today. Updated the PIA certs and ovpn file, still can't open the webgui.

3 hours ago, Ter G said:

I checked and the files on the PIA website are the same I have been using.   I updated them anyway, but still not fixed.

4 hours ago, binhex said:

well if you are unable to access the web ui and the logs looked like the one you prevously posted then the issue is not vpn provider related, more likely something is blocking the web ui on your network, got vlan's setup?, pi hole?, pfsense?, anything firewall related or ad blocking can do this, try accessing the web ui from another device.

Thanks for the suggestion binhex.  Yeah, still not able to access the webui from another device.

To add further information, I don't think it is just the webui.  My drives are set to spin down when not in use, and I am seeing no activity on any of the drives, cache or array, when the docker is up and 'running' and I am unable to access the webui.  Typically I see at least the cache and one drive active in the Main tab.  Also I have my Windows VM set to use the privoxy and it is not able to access any websites like when the docker is shut down, and states to 'check my proxy settings'.

... as I was in the middle of testing, and now it is back up and working.  This is so weird.

Hi guys - I've been using this container for a while now and am quite fond of it! (great work binhex!) I was wondering if anyone could share any advice on what they did to increase  the DL speeds they were getting through VPN. I have a lifetime account with Ivacy and was wondering if i had to edit my .opvn file and match a port to my deluge port etc? Any help would be great.

I thought as much. I spoke to them its a paid for add-on. I was wondering if i could force a compatible config via editting the .opvn file and setting a port in there... wondering if i could force one of there open ports to be used:

Ivacy supports the following protocols:

OpenVPN – TCP: 80 (Default Port)

Open VPN – UDP: 53 (Default Port)

PPTP: 1723

Remote Access: 3389

L2TP: 1701

SSTP: 443

IKEV: 4500

IPSEC: 500

Thanks for looking.

Edited by thestraycat

AutoRemovePlus:

As far as I can tell, the most active/recent development of the AutoRemovePlus plugin is being performed by Spring Jools, here.

I've even had correspondence with the maintainer, and had a new feature added.

I downloaded the .zip, and built the .egg within the docker container (Latest).  I installed it, taking note of the advice at the bottom of the README.md, to delete existing versions and .conf files.

It appears to work perfectly well, but can only be configured from the Deluge WebGui.  I have built, and installed, it on my desktop computer for the Thin Client but, while it appears to install, and can be enabled in the plugin preferences, I cannot get the actual AutoRemove settings to show up there.

So, although the plugin can only be configured through the WebGui, it does work.

Edited by PeterB
30 minutes ago, Ter G said:

Petulant and unpleasant. 

? - i can only assume this abuse was targeted at me, thanks for that!. for your information i do a LOT for this community, spending many hours supporting users every day, your comment makes me reconsider whether i should bother!.

your post regards that warning is visible in everyone's log, it is as i said of no consequence and i wanted to make that clear before i had other people also mentioning they had 'the same issue' with the same message in their log, this can lead to support frustration as any issues are very rarely 'the same' even if the symptom is (cannot access the web ui).

Edited by binhex
  • Like 2

@binhex please continue and disregard bad comments, your dockers are very helpful to lots of us (including me). We have a way to stay behind a VPN for torrents on docker because you provide such docker!

Thank you for you effort !

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Mkeating said:

From your log:

Tue May  5 17:42:05 2020 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

This means it's unable to authenticate with the username/password you have set. Reasons for this can be:

1. User/pw is wrong or contains special characters which can be problematic

2. Your subscription isn't active.

3. You're over the device limit. Normally you can use 1-x devices on 1 subscription and anything over that fails to authenticate. Check what the limit is for you provider

• Like 1