[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 5/29/2020 at 11:32 AM, Drogon said:

I'm no longer able to access the Web UI. Looking at the log, I have the following error repeating over and over:

2020-05-29 11:31:03,248 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

2020-05-29 11:31:03,248 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2020-05-29 11:31:33,262 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

2020-05-29 11:31:33,629 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
usage: Usage: config [--set <key> <value>] [<key> [<key>...] ]
config: error: the following arguments are required: <value>, <keys>

2020-05-29 11:31:33,262 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

2020-05-29 11:31:33,629 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
usage: Usage: config [--set <key> <value>] [<key> [<key>...] ]
config: error: the following arguments are required: <value>, <keys>

2020-05-29 11:31:35,958 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

2020-05-29 11:31:35,958 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

2020-05-29 11:31:35,959 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI started

How do I correct this?

A little more information about what's happening here:

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure how to proceed.

EDIT: I was able to access the web UI on the regular version by changing my settings as follows:

image.thumb.png.01f4938ce2677f5f0ace2e03881f8b20.png

I don't know if it will work properly with these settings though and changing the settings on the VPN docker to match this doesn't give me access to the web UI. If these settings are OK to use, where do I find my torrent info to copy from the VPN to the regular docker? I don't mind using the regular docker but I don't want to lose my torrents...

While looking for torrents I came across a file named deluge-web which might have some relevant info:

11:29:25.778 [INFO    ][deluge.configmanager:52  ] Setting config directory to: /config
11:29:25.782 [INFO    ][deluge.ui.ui:70  ] Deluge ui 2.0.4.dev23
11:29:25.782 [INFO    ][deluge.ui.ui:72  ] Starting web ui..
11:29:25.931 [WARNING ][deluge.i18n.util           :83  ] IOError when loading translations: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'deluge'
11:29:25.937 [INFO    ][deluge.i18n.util           :102 ] Setting up translations from /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/i18n
11:29:25.946 [INFO    ][deluge.ui.web.server       :735 ] Starting webui server at PID 148
11:29:25.946 [ERROR   ][deluge.ui.web.web          :81  ] Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8112: [Errno 98] Address already in use.
Check that deluge-web or webui plugin is not already running.

It looks like the problem is related to the address already being used. I'm not sure what's using it though or how to find out.

Edited by Drogon
Additional Info

hey there, i'm new to unraid and on my 30 day trial coming from freenas and i'm looking at switching over to this. 

i do have a couple of issues being encountered and i;ve narrowed it down to delugevpn.

first thing...

i only have the following apps:

plex

sonarr

tautulli

delugevpn

i plan to add more in the future including some VMs as i upgrade the server (currently i5 6600k, 8GB ram) but for now these are the basics I need to get started.

on to the issue...

everything is working and i've managed to get all the apps work together. there's a recent update with plex and encountered some issues there so i had to do a clean install and now plex is working fine. now in delugevpn i can no longer access the webui so tried removing then installing, but every time i do this i get stuck at the pull screen and it doesnt finish. if i open another tab and check on my docker containers, i can see delugevpn being stalled and started but just the same webui is not accessible.

now all of my containers started acting up, ie. webui is very slow in loading. docker page is very slow etc. i removed delugevpn, and all the rest of the dockers are working just now. so it seems having delugevpn at the moment is causing some issues.

attached is the diag file in case any one can help.

over all, i've noticed that my docker page is indeed very slow. thinking of adding an nvme cache to see if it would help but i'll do that once i am done with trial and get these issues sorted out.

thanks in advance

unraidr5-diagnostics-20200603-2208.zip

Hey,

I accidentally saved a file inside the docker. Is there any way to upon the docker-image and delete this file?
The docker-image is at the moment at:

Name Container Writable Log

---------------------------------------------------------------------

binhex-delugevpn 11.3 GB 9.69 GB 5.74 MB

I have already set up a lot of torrents seeding and downloading, after I shifted the download folder - so I would be sad if I had to redo all that :(

3 hours ago, Noego said:

Hey,

I accidentally saved a file inside the docker. Is there any way to upon the docker-image and delete this file?
The docker-image is at the moment at:

I have already set up a lot of torrents seeding and downloading, after I shifted the download folder - so I would be sad if I had to redo all that :(

You can get to the console inside the container by clicking on its icon and selecting Console if you want to try working at the command line inside the container. 

But the docker image doesn't have anything that can't be downloaded by installing again. The things you don't want to lose aren't in the docker image. 

The template with all your mappings etc is on flash and Previous Apps on the Apps page will use the template to reinstall exactly as it was. 

And anything the application itself needs to remember is in its appdata. 

We often recommend just blowing away docker image when people have filled or corrupted it since it is easily recreated and contains nothing that won't be downloaded during install of your containers

50 minutes ago, trurl said:

You can get to the console inside the container by clicking on its icon and selecting Console if you want to try working at the command line inside the container. 

But the docker image doesn't have anything that can't be downloaded by installing again. The things you don't want to lose aren't in the docker image. 

The template with all your mappings etc is on flash and Previous Apps on the Apps page will use the template to reinstall exactly as it was. 

And anything the application itself needs to remember is in its appdata. 

We often recommend just blowing away docker image when people have filled or corrupted it since it is easily recreated and contains nothing that won't be downloaded during install of your containers

So I should just delete the docker + the image, and set it up again?
Will all my torrents be there, or do I need to set them up manually afterwards?

4 hours ago, trurl said:

I thought that the docker container image is loaded into memory, and that its system disk image is memory resident.  If you write anything to that memory-resident disk, all you have to do to clear it is to restart the container.

Yes, the docker vDisk image (where all the docker images are stored) can become full or, less likely, get corrupted during some system abberation.  The vDisk is unlikely to become corrupted during normal system operation.

As I understand it, Noego is concerned because he modified the container's disk image. Therefore, all he needs to do to get back to pristine state is to restart the container.

10 hours ago, PeterB said:

I thought that the docker container image is loaded into memory,

a bit of education, not just for you peterb as a lot of people get this wrong.

two things wrong with the quote above, firstly there is no such thing as a 'docker container image', its either:-

docker image = this gets created by the developer when they issue a 'docker build' and the subsequent image is READ ONLY

docker container = this gets created by the end user when they issue either 'docker create' or 'docker run'

secondly containers are most definitely not memory resident, containers are written to disk just like images, thus when you mistakenly write a large file inside the container it will consume space on disk, in unraid users case this means writing inside the loopback docker.img and potentially filling it up.

10 hours ago, PeterB said:

If you write anything to that memory-resident disk, all you have to do to clear it is to restart the container.

not true, as stated above its on disk and thus will survive a restart of the container and restart of the host, you need to delete the container from disk if you want to 'reset' back to the docker image, this can be seen in the window that appears when you alter any container settings, as this forces the existing container to be deleted and a new one created in its place with the new settings.

Think of containers as a differencing file, it contains ALL changes that happen from the moment the container starts. The docker image in contrast is a read only file system on disk, it CANNOT be altered once built without creating a brand new image. In short, dev's 'build' images, users 'run' containers.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2020-06-05 10:05:04,837 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Having issues resolving name 'www.google.com', sleeping before retry...

2020-06-05 10:05:04,986 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-06-05 10:05:06,510 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-06-05 10:05:06,510 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-06-05 10:05:09,892 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Fri Jun 5 10:05:09 2020 Bad compression stub decompression header byte: 42

Getting this on latest version, Broken :(

On 6/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, binhex said:

a bit of education, not just for you peterb as a lot of people get this wrong.

Thank you, sir, for the corrections.  So containers do behave as though they have disk storage built in - if you modify that disk (image), the modifications will still be there tomorrow, after a reboot.  But, if I understand correctly, if you modify a container setting, then the disk image will be reset to the state it was in the original distribution image?

37 minutes ago, PeterB said:

if you modify that disk (image), the modifications will still be there tomorrow, after a reboot.

no, you cannot modify docker images, what an end user is modifying is the container, this will survive restarts and reboots, remember:-

On 6/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, binhex said:

docker image = this gets created by the developer when they issue a 'docker build' and the subsequent image is READ ONLY

37 minutes ago, PeterB said:

if you modify a container setting, then the disk image will be reset to the state it was in the original distribution image?

if you go to the unraid web ui docker tab and click edit you arent actually editing the container, what you are doing is editing the settings for the container, so when you click apply, the existing container is deleted (settings for the container cannot be altered after creation) and a new container is created with your new settings (ports, paths, env vars etc).

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, wedge22 said:

I am getting an Execution Error Server Error when trying to run the docker, this worked previously and all my other dockers are working normally, any ideas?

I had the same issue. A previous user said to try disabling then re-enabling docker. This worked for me

I gave that a go but no luck, I also deleted the docker and downloaded and installed it again and it is still not working.

I used unraid terminal and the following command to determine the cause of the issue from the logs.

```docker start cd8ced150900
Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-delugevpn (redacted😞 Error starting userland proxy: listen udp 0.0.0.0:58946: bind: address already in use
Error: failed to start containers: cd8ced150900```

I have also determined the following.

lsof -i :58946
COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
rpcbind 2496  rpc   10u  IPv6    243      0t0  UDP *:58946

Edited by wedge22

Guys first off I want to thank you for the great docker for deluge with VPN.  It has been working great for me with downloads, however I am not seeding anything.  The UI says that it is seeding but I have no uploads.  I find it unlikely that everything that I have downloaded has 0 leechers so I would really love some support.  I am using IPT as a private indexer.  

5 hours ago, nucahx said:

Guys first off I want to thank you for the great docker for deluge with VPN.  It has been working great for me with downloads, however I am not seeding anything.  The UI says that it is seeding but I have no uploads.  I find it unlikely that everything that I have downloaded has 0 leechers so I would really love some support.  I am using IPT as a private indexer.  

Does your vpn provider support port forwarding? If not, that's why your unable to upload anything. If it does support it you need to open up an incoming port and set that port in deluge.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:51 PM, odyseus8 said:

Hi, 

Good day to everyone, I have two questions(problems) regarding Deluge on Unraid. Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

My first problem started to appear after I tried to move a downloaded torrent to a different folder within the WebUI but I forgot about the uppercase and so deluge created a new folder with the same name. Even after I merged the folders "music" and "Music" there seems to be a consistent problem.

Whenever I restart or "stop and start" deluge I can access Webui but it shows an empty UI, no torrents can be seen. Although I found a workaround it is really inconvenient to redo it eachtime. If I go to AppData - binhex delugevpn and delete the safe_state_check file and restart the WebUI it recreates the file and all my torrents reappear in the WebUI. Does anyone know how to fix this problem for good?

The second problem can be also related to the first I'm not sure as I am a newbie but for example, after 3-4 days of constant seeding of the torrents delugevpn seems to lost connection to some of the tracker specific torrents. This also can be overcome after a restart of the container which also means that I have to delete the safe_state_check file and repeat the process for torrents to reappear. So if anyone has advice for any of the problems it will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Good day again,

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding these problems it has become a great burden to constantly restart the docker and also refresh the files, I suppose there is a problem in the docker itself but I don't how to resolve it. Also, I have created some labels and categorized the torrents so don't want to lose them all by deleting the docker altogether.

Thanks.

Im not fully sure but I think my DelugeVPN is loading my CPU's @ 100% 'I have 4 x 20 core Xeon CPU's so this should be really almost impossible ' I also have Deluge limited to about 8 CPU cores not all of them and it only does it sometimes, top CPU monitoring tells me sha256sum is the process that is creating the load but if I shut down Deluge it stops

any suggestions please

3 hours ago, odyseus8 said:

Good day again,

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding these problems it has become a great burden to constantly restart the docker and also refresh the files, I suppose there is a problem in the docker itself but I don't how to resolve it. Also, I have created some labels and categorized the torrents so don't want to lose them all by deleting the docker altogether.

Thanks.

Im no expert but it sounds like you know what you need to do ... maybe you should just bite the bullet.

35 minutes ago, SundarNET said:

Im not fully sure but I think my DelugeVPN is loading my CPU's @ 100% 'I have 4 x 20 core Xeon CPU's so this should be really almost impossible ' I also have Deluge limited to about 8 CPU cores not all of them and it only does it sometimes, top CPU monitoring tells me sha256sum is the process that is creating the load but if I shut down Deluge it stops

any suggestions please

I've seen this as well, but I only have eight cores.  I see the CPU usage rise to near 100% and it's difficult to gain control.  However, restarting the container restores sanity.

19 hours ago, strike said:

Does your vpn provider support port forwarding? If not, that's why your unable to upload anything. If it does support it you need to open up an incoming port and set that port in deluge.

I did confirm that it has port forwarding, and I tried to access the port as recommended in the deluge VPN faq but it says the port isn't open... Any suggestions?

supervisord.log

10 hours ago, nucahx said:

I did confirm that it has port forwarding, and I tried to access the port as recommended in the deluge VPN faq but it says the port isn't open... Any suggestions?

supervisord.log 1.69 MB · 2 downloads

I see you have PIA as your provider. The port forwarding is done automatically for PIA in this container and the log shows that you have got an incoming port so you should be able to upload. Unless you changed the port in deluge yourself, which you shouldn't be doing for PIA.

22 hours ago, PeterB said:

I've seen this as well, but I only have eight cores.  I see the CPU usage rise to near 100% and it's difficult to gain control.  However, restarting the container restores sanity.

imagine seeing it on 80 cores man its scary! but yes i usually close the container for a bit then restart it and it goes fine for a few days 

I suspect its some sort of file checking going on maybe?

I'm having a heck of a time switching from windows to unraid for my new nas.. :)

I'm having an issue with the webui being reset anytime I attempt to hit it. (getting connection reset by peer)

In the console I can verify the vpn is running and I do get an external ip that is not my own.

webui works when not connected to vpn.

new opvn files tossed in /config/openvpn - connecting to PIA Montreal which does have port forwarding.

LAN_Network IS correct. (192.168.128.0/24 is my network)

adblock killed. (dunno why I was thinking that)

Thoughts?

The only thing I noticed in the log was that the docker interface is defined as eth0 - and I have br0 configured in setting. not sure if that is transparent to the image and its just using eth0 as the generic 1st nic?

Appreciate the help, this community has been great!

supervisord.log