[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 6/9/2020 at 9:35 PM, SundarNET said:

Im not fully sure but I think my DelugeVPN is loading my CPU's @ 100% 'I have 4 x 20 core Xeon CPU's so this should be really almost impossible ' I also have Deluge limited to about 8 CPU cores not all of them and it only does it sometimes, top CPU monitoring tells me sha256sum is the process that is creating the load but if I shut down Deluge it stops

any suggestions please

I had to resolve this the only way I know by removing the image and deleting the files 'renamed the appdata folder just in case' now working perfectly no 100% CPU spikes and as I stated initially for it to spike on 80 XEON CPU cores is ridiculous do you want my old deluge config files to see if theres something strange going on 

On 6/17/2020 at 6:17 AM, MammothJerk said:

My CPU is hitting 100% after upgrading internet speeds.

I went from 100/100 to 1000/1000 the other week and now my unraid server is freezing up constantly with the CPU maxed out at 100%. I narrowed it down to delugeVPN writing to the cache taking up all the CPU resources, even pinning deluge to 4 specific cores doesnt help as it still uses all cores at 100%

My cache is a cache pool of 2 devices, one 960gb and one 250gb for a total of 1.2TB~

Heres disk/cpu activity with 0 torrents downloading to array/cache and around 20~ torrents uploading from array

iCgkPHt.pngptHnkAF.png

Heres disk/cpu activity with 2 torrents downloading to cache capped at 30MB/s and around 20~ torrents uploading from array at around 9MB/s

05gUbYa.png2AYOKCx.png

Heres disk/cpu activity with 2 torrents downloading to cache capped at 10MB/s and around 20~ torrents uploading from array at around 9MB/s

M3K3Y2e.pngB6HSLSh.png

is this expected behavior? like is my CPU too shit for my download speed? Why would writes to cache impact my CPU to this extent?

I have been getting the same how old is your docker I had to remove mine and reconfigure it to stop this issue but just inmagine seeing that on 80 cores 

I have searched this topic the best that I can and have only seen users who had the same issue I have but no resolutions.

I am trying to get my extractor to behave correctly.

In the docker settings I have my data directory mapped to /mnt/user/downloads/

In the WebUI..

I have my Download to: location set to /data/incomplete

I have my Move Completed to: location set to /data/completed

I have my Extractor Extract to: location set to /data/completed

The extractor keeps putting the extracted files into the config location (mapped to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn) then a folder of the same name of where I told the torrent files to go (so /data/completed or /data/incomplete, but in the app config location)

IDEALLY, i'd set it to just extract into the same folder it starts in, but I can't save the extractor location as blank. It always changes back. I also cannot install any plugins. Picking an .egg file in the webui on Windows just says [object FileList] and doesn't install anything.

Hello All,

I'm still kinda newish to unraid and am having an issue where on Delugevpn it starts downloading the torrents and the percentage goes up, but after a while it stops and goes back to 0%. Does anyone have anything they can share on this?

Thanks

On 6/29/2020 at 5:53 AM, SundarNET said:

I have been getting the same how old is your docker I had to remove mine and reconfigure it to stop this issue but just inmagine seeing that on 80 cores 

Created a completely new docker, no plugins, with same settings and adding only 6 torrents, downloading at 20-30MB/s im still maxing out my CPU.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, MammothJerk said:

Created a completely new docker, no plugins, with same settings and adding only 6 torrents, downloading at 20-30MB/s im still maxing out my CPU.

I must agree it was fine for a day but now yup 100% again and its directly correlative to the download speed anything over 10mbit peaks CPU use thank you MammothJerk for that one!

and I keep complaining because my system is a quad xeon server with 40 physical cores and 40 HT cores and when you see that shit maxx out its worrying

Edited by SundarNET
adding credit
6 hours ago, SundarNET said:

I must agree it was fine for a day but now yup 100% again and its directly correlative to the download speed anything over 10mbit peaks CPU use thank you MammothJerk for that one!

and I keep complaining because my system is a quad xeon server with 40 physical cores and 40 HT cores and when you see that shit maxx out its worrying

Only other thing i can find about this issue is people reporting a bad NIC, i've got an onboard intel-i210AT.

might have to invest in a new NIC if that is the issue.

Edited by MammothJerk
22 minutes ago, MammothJerk said:

Only other thing i can find about this issue is people reporting a bad NIC, i've got an onboard intel-i210AT.

might have to invest in a new NIC if that is the issue.

funny you mention that I dont think it is the issue 'I could be wrong'

I just upgraded from the internal quad port LAN 2x 1GB 2x 10GB in my Dell R910 server, ethernet connections all running @ 1gb, to a dual port 10G fiber optic card and found it exactly the same

just adding in from my observations around 10 Mbit is not too bad around 20 Mbit gets me 50% load then higher it gets worse ill edit this comment as I see more!

2.3GB file downloading at about 6-10Mbit and im getting 90-100% CPU loading on all 80 cores

I had to pause the download it was going to fry my server

now CPU loading is at 7-15% ish

this is the strangest thing I only had to pause the one download im going to try and start something else and see what goes down!

1.3GB file @ 10-20Mbit and getting about 20-50% loading

I just shuffled a new download to the top there is also another smaller file downloaing 

149MB file @ 200-500Kbit

now 3 files going @ 12-27Mbit 20-40% CPU loading

Im going to throw a different big file at it now

11G file @ 10-15Mbit 14-25% CPU loading

ok bad test the 11G download is lots of smaller files as opposed to the single 2.3G file

off to find a huge single file I need to get

ok added a new file

6.4G file @ 7-10Mbit 60-80% CPU loading

the CPU loading is actually fluctuating quite a bit from 30 ish up to 80-90% 

it started to get into the high 80-100% fry my server load so I had to pause my downloads

ok so it seems to be something with large files around 2GB or larger approx and download speeds of over 10Mbit

Edited by SundarNET
info update
5 hours ago, SundarNET said:

just adding in from my observations around 10 Mbit is not too bad around 20 Mbit gets me 50% load then higher it gets worse ill edit this comment as I see more!

2.3GB file downloading at about 6-10Mbit and im getting 90-100% CPU loading on all 80 cores

this is the strangest thing I only had to pause the one download im going to try and start something else and see what goes down!

I just shuffled a new download to the top there is also another smaller file downloaing 

149MB file @ 200-500Kbit

ok bad test the 11G download is lots of smaller files as opposed to the single 2.3G file

ok added a new file

it started to get into the high 80-100% fry my server load so I had to pause my downloads

ok so it seems to be something with large files around 2GB or larger approx and download speeds of over 10Mbit

This has been annoying me for a while now but I believe ive found the main issue here trial and error can be fruitful 

still its damn annoying to know we can only download files smaller than 2.3 something GB ,Im crying on the inside

just tried a speed cut for large files to 300K and seems to help somewhat getting a 50% average and some peaks of 80%

Edited by SundarNET

Hey Folks,

I just recently experienced an issue with this docker, I had the disk error saying that Downloads has no space, restarted a couple times, and now it is saying that my downloads folder is only 110.4gb. I should have ~1.3 TB free and my host path is: /mnt/user/Downloads/

My cache drive is also 120GB so I'm not sure if its reading from the array or just the cache drive. My share settings for my appdata, docker, Downloads and media are set to Cache - 'Yes'. Should I not be allowing my downloads folder to read from the cache?

Thanks for all the help guys, if there is any more info I can provide for assistance please let me know!

*Edit with Log file - https://pastebin.com/yD20sxfA

Edited by mr_tibbs
included Log file
On 6/15/2020 at 11:02 PM, mbc0 said:

Hi,

My Docker has been working great for over a year but the last month or so I seem to lose connection to the webgui?  the docker appears to be "running" as I can acess the console but the messages in the log file are hours old so it seems to have stopped?  I can restart the docker and all is well again for a few days, I am not sure the best way to diagnose this?

Thank you

@binhex Hi, sorry to bother but wonder if you could chime in please? this is getting more and more frequent and has already happened twice today.  Thank you

3 hours ago, mr_tibbs said:

Hey Folks,

I just recently experienced an issue with this docker, I had the disk error saying that Downloads has no space, restarted a couple times, and now it is saying that my downloads folder is only 110.4gb. I should have ~1.3 TB free and my host path is: /mnt/user/Downloads/

My cache drive is also 120GB so I'm not sure if its reading from the array or just the cache drive. My share settings for my appdata, docker, Downloads and media are set to Cache - 'Yes'. Should I not be allowing my downloads folder to read from the cache?

Thanks for all the help guys, if there is any more info I can provide for assistance please let me know!

*Edit with Log file - https://pastebin.com/yD20sxfA

So just an update, I think I fixed it myself. I went back, restarted a couple of times, changed the download Dir settings within the program itself and then after about 1 hr it started picking up the proper disk size. It deleted the history of my previously downloaded torrents so that was a little annoying. This happened all after I updated to the newest version of the docker so I don't know if this will happen to other folks or whether I just got unlucky.

Side question if anyone knows, is it possible to add new docker variables so it can grab NordVPN ovpn files everytime the docker starts? Or do I manually need to keep on copying over my ovpn files that I grab myself from Nords site? I think someone on another forum said it was possible for this docker to grab the proper NordVPN files without the manual work but I'm not sure if i'm missing anything.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, SundarNET said:

149MB file @ 200-500Kbit

ok added a new file

Any updates on this issue it would be nice to have it fixed or even one response to the issue would help!

Any updates on this issue it would be nice to have it fixed or even one response to the issue would help!
Guys this is going to be impossible for me to debug, as I have neither a fast internet connection or a 40 core CPU. Your best bet is to post this as a bug with deluge development and see if they think the issue is a bug in deluge.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, binhex said:

Guys this is going to be impossible for me to debug, as I have neither a fast internet connection or a 40 core CPU. Your best bet is to post this as a bug with deluge development and see if they think the issue is a bug in deluge.

I've seen this happen on my set up - a four core/eight thread E3-1230v2 and a 50Mb fibre connection (since upgraded to 100Mb).

21 hours ago, PeterB said:

I've seen this happen on my set up - a four core/eight thread E3-1230v2 and a 50Mb fibre connection (since upgraded to 100Mb).

did this start happening with a specific tagged build?, what if you set vpn_enabled to no and download a linux iso, does it still cause the same issue?.

6 hours ago, binhex said:

did this start happening with a specific tagged build?, what if you set vpn_enabled to no and download a linux iso, does it still cause the same issue?.

I first encountered this behaviour some months ago and cannot identify which build it started with.  The issue cannot be produced at will and seems to occur only after many days running.  What is certain is that the issue goes away after restarting the container.

With unreliability of electrical supply here in Philippines, it's not often that there is sufficient time of continuous running for the issue to raise its head.

Problem: Deluge plugin selection preferences not saving state between startup/shutdown

Background: Setting up Deluge + Sonarr + Radarr for the first time (new to Unraid and Dockers, but not completely new to Linux ... console is familiar to me).

I've got things running. Sonarr's happily plugging away, Deluge is downloading on command, Radarr will be next.

Detail: Problem I'm seeing is that the setup I'm following needs the "label" plugin. That works fine when enabled and Sonarr is sending the labels. But whenever I restart the Deluge docker ... it comes up with the Label (and Extractor) plugins disabled again to where I have to manually set them back on.

SOME preference states are saved fine between sessions. My Queue settings are definitely at the values I set rather than the defaults. It seems to just be the plugins that aren't staying enabled.

Any hints as to what I need to do?

PS. I found a post on a non-unraid forum where the user was recommended to use the "Connection Manager" "Stop Daemon" to stop the docker (in the case of Unraid this would be instead of using the "Stop" command on the Docker screen) to save preferences. However this gives an error and ... since other preferences are saving ... doesn't seem to apply here as a need.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, binhex said:

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I dont think the amount of cores has any effect 'just me blowing my horn sorry' , it seems to be speed and file size related, i found files over 2 odd gigabytes as a single file were the issue and if the speed went over about 3-4 megabit then your CPU use peaks like madness

Edited by SundarNET
On 7/2/2020 at 3:30 AM, SundarNET said:
On 6/30/2020 at 8:01 AM, MammothJerk said:

im getting a little confused as to the speed that triggers the issue, is it 20-30+ Megabytes/s or is it 10+ Megabits/s, if its greater than 3 Megabytes/s then i will be unable to test this.

I have two DeludgeVPN dockers,   I can no longer access the WebUI in either of them, but run command shows the WebUI started.   

2020-07-09 13:17:30,298 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

2020-07-09 13:17:30,299 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI started

21 hours ago, binhex said:

im getting a little confused as to the speed that triggers the issue, is it 20-30+ Megabytes/s or is it 10+ Megabits/s, if its greater than 3 Megabytes/s then i will be unable to test this.

I dont think the amount of cores has any effect 'just me blowing my horn sorry' , it seems to be speed and file size related, i found files over 2 odd gigabytes as a single file were the issue and if the speed went over about 3-4 megabit then your CPU use peaks like madness

Ive been shaping my large files down to 300 Kbytes and it seems to be ok. 'i know the difference between bits and bytes'

just add a large file over 2 gig as one file and let it go see what happens CPU should spike if speed goes over 300-400kBytes per second, I could be wrong but i did some decent trial and error to find out that

Edited by SundarNET