[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

46 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

CA Vancouver was working for me yesterday but now the WebUI will not even load.

Switched to Toronto and now that works for me.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what works and what does not.

No doubt it works for you but not for me I have yet found one that works. Its crazy how random it is lol. I hope they fix this quick.

9 hours ago, Hoopster said:

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what works and what does not.

there are multiple possible explanations as to why its random:-

1. the api is under load and unable to respond - so as the load fluctuates it could be reaching a point at which the api will not be able to respond resulting in an empty response.

2. running out of incoming ports to assign - possible that pia has reach a point at which their customer base is larger than their pool of incoming ports, when the pool is exhausted then you get no assigned port.

3. server misconfiguration - if you do a name look for any of the endpoints you will notice it will be multiple ip addresses, each ip is most probably a server, or cluster of servers, its possible pia has misconfigured certain clusters and its random as to which one you connect to.

of course all of the above could only be diagnosed if i could see the backend, which of course i cant :-).

Had issues again during the night, like the above - turned port forwarding off for now & it'as been fine. I've not noticed any slower speeds, I seem to be capped at around 600 or 700KiB/s in total. Not sure why, but this is the same speed I was getting before, so I'll keep it disabled.

Edited for clarity: My connection shouldn't reflect those download speeds, should be way higher.

Edited by xxDeadbolt
1 minute ago, Sinister said:

According to Pia's reddit this has something to do with them no longer supporting port forwarding on their legacy servers, they are recommending people start using their next gen files for the client version but dont specify how things have changed for people connecting through OVPN

PIA also state port forwarding is not enabled on their next-gen network for native openvpn clients, clever eh!.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sinister said:

so what are to do ? is there anyway to resolve this without having to switch to another service ?

raise a support ticket with pia, complain as much as possible, if that fails there is only one real resolution, switch vpn provider, mullvad has my nod of approval so far.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, binhex said:

raise a support ticket with pia, complain as much as possible, if that fails there is only one real resolution, switch vpn provider, mullvad has my nod of approval so far.

I've been scratching my head over the last day or so trying to fix this. I've loved PIA but I may have to move if this issue keeps arising. Quite frustrating! Thank you for being so active and trying to solve this with all of us who use your docker.

Edited by squelch
operator error
8 hours ago, lazydaze said:

Same issue, no Canadian server works. Any other PIA port forwarded server is fine.

Confirming that I am seeing the same thing. 

This whole thing is kinda silly and making me think it is time to move on from PIA.   I was giving them the benefit of the doubt with the Kape Technologies sale.  But take that combined with awful service like this and it may be time to find greener pastures.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, xxDeadbolt said:

I was also told by their chat support that port forwarding would be fully supported on next gen 😕

Edit:

image.png.0fb345c25094c5df19e0f77b76452d33.png

Well that is good they are aware of the issue and seem to be working on fixing it.

I to am experiencing increased issues today, and I opened a ticket with PIA to ask if they will support OVPN connections with their next gen servers.

Edited by Burizado
16 minutes ago, ugnaught said:

Confirming that I am seeing the same thing. 

This whole thing is kinda silly and making me think it is time to move on from PIA.   I was giving them the benefit of the doubt with the Kape Technologies sale.  But take that combined with awful service like this and it may be time to find greener pastures.

awful service?  seems their support has been fairly responsive, and positive, in regards to the folks posting here...

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JasonK said:

awful service?  seems their support has been fairly responsive, and positive, in regards to the folks posting here...

really depends on the cause.  If it was planned maintenance or decommissioning of a commonly used feature, then that should have been communicated to us ahead of time.  If I had known this a few weeks ago I would not have renewed my yearly subscription.

also it has now been over 24 hours.  Even if it was an unplanned incident, it seems to be taking them quite a while to fix.

Edited by acosmichippo

I just switched to Mullvad and got a refund on my PIA subscription.  Luckily I just renewed within 30days, so they gave me a full refund.  They do not do prorated refunds, so if anyone is on the fence and recently renewed, check soon!

Mullvad seems to be a little slower so far, but to be fair I have only tried the Swiss servers. Is there a consensus fastest region or is it best to just pick the closest one to you.