[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

My binhex-rtorrentvpn using PIA stops and starts every night when the mover runs. For the last couple of months it has been random if it was running when I woke up or not.

For example I just restarted right now and get this:
image.png.6f0ec63cc9a49060153445ef497951fc.png

I can restart the container a minute later and then it will work - it seems completely random and this has been going on for more than a month now. Just haven't had the time to properly deal with it :( Now from reading your comments it seems like I'm not the only one.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JohanSF said:

My binhex-rtorrentvpn using PIA stops and starts every night when the mover runs. For the last couple of months it has been random if it was running when I woke up or not.

For example I just restarted right now and get this:
image.png.6f0ec63cc9a49060153445ef497951fc.png

I can restart the container a minute later and then it will work - it seems completely random and this has been going on for more than a month now. Just haven't had the time to properly deal with it :( Now from reading your comments it seems like I'm not the only one.

Yes, this is the same experience I have been having the past few months.  After setting 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD = no' I have not seen issues the past couple of mornings.  It seems PIA is aware of the issues and working on a fix.  I will run like this until they fix the their 'next gen' servers...or legacy, whichever they are working on. :) 

Hello,

recently I have been having trouble with delugevpn container from binhex, first I have been using this container for couple years now and it worked pretty good.  Some issues it with it being a resource hog and causing all my downloads to go into a paused state.  But  worked pretty good otherwise.  The other day I noticed I could not access the gui, so I decided to reinstall the docker container and then went into the appdata folder and noticed the only thing in the folder was a superviser log file and not the other folders and files that should be there.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

David

supervisord.log

Edited by slimshadey
attaching the log file

I just kept trying all of them in the list and randomly I could get one to work.  Not sure how long it would stay up.

Questions:

I am not sure I have the knowledge but is it possible for someone to modify the logic in the docker to automatically loop through the PIA port_forward enabled list?  The manual process is a real PIA. If so, can someone post the scripts needed to modify it for this type of logic.?

3 hours ago, slimshadey said:

Hello,

recently I have been having trouble with delugevpn container from binhex, first I have been using this container for couple years now and it worked pretty good.  Some issues it with it being a resource hog and causing all my downloads to go into a paused state.  But  worked pretty good otherwise.  The other day I noticed I could not access the gui, so I decided to reinstall the docker container and then went into the appdata folder and noticed the only thing in the folder was a superviser log file and not the other folders and files that should be there.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

David

supervisord.log 5.12 kB · 0 downloads

I was having the same issue. Deluge for me wouldn't let me get into the webui unless it could connect properly to PIA. I think it has to establish the connection before it starts the deluge-web service. Basically, if you want to see if you're having the same issue a bunch of others are having take a look at the logs and see if you get "exit code 52" or "exit code 56." You can also just run deluge-web in the docker console and then you should be able to at least get to the webui. Also you can verify by turning off the vpn in the docker settings, and seeing if it automatically starts the deluge-web service.

1 hour ago, hiddenpcmaster said:

Almost an ex-PIA user here.  Now all PIA server locations that used to support port forwarding are all down. Even though I have over a year and a half left on my subscription I'm willing to jump ship. Does anyone have a recommendation for a new "deluge" vpn provider? and why?  Thank you.

Not only which provider, but I've never used a provider other than PIA with this docker, and I believe the docker was written for native PIA support but a non-PIA provider can be used.  How do we use a non-PIA provider with this docker? Anyone know?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hiddenpcmaster said:

Almost an ex-PIA user here.  Now all PIA server locations that used to support port forwarding are all down. Even though I have over a year and a half left on my subscription I'm willing to jump ship. Does anyone have a recommendation for a new "deluge" vpn provider? and why?  Thank you.

Im connected to toronto without issue (with strict port forwarding set to off) - torrents happily transferring.  have been for a couple days now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, JasonK said:

Im connected to toronto without issue (with strict port forwarding set to off) - torrents happily transferring.  have been for a couple days now.

Same here.  Same endpoint.  Same strict port forwarding setting.  And I would add I have not seen a degradation of speed with the setting to 'no'.

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, JasonK said:

JasonK and Burizado Thank you!  I've turned off "strict port forwarding" by saying "no" and now I'm up again! (toronto) Just curious, are you using the nextgen endpoints file or the original?  (I am experiencing a hit on performance though but it's working, After running for awhile it's running much better)

Edited by hiddenpcmaster
21 minutes ago, hiddenpcmaster said:

JasonK and Burizado Thank you!  I've turned off "strict port forwarding" by saying "no" and now I'm up again! (toronto) Just curious, are you using the nextgen endpoints file or the original?  (I am experiencing a hit on performance though but it's working, After running for awhile it's running much better)

Glad you are up and running!  I am using the same files I have been using since I set it up back in March.  I believe they are the legacy files with the original endpoints.  I set it up following Spaceinvader's walkthrough.

Edited by Burizado
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, NeoSys said:

Are you positive that you have

Container Variable: STRICT_PORT_FORWARD = no

I don't seem to have that variable anywhere in my config, as near as I can tell. 

Assuming we're talking about on the container edit page. So I added this. Does it look correct? So far I'm not having any luck.

image.png.fe82902a0d0c9d6087ffc26426a52607.png

If I'm supposed to be setting this somewhere else, please point me in the right direction.

Currently, my loop looks like: 

2020-09-12 12:14:09,954 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=9306ff7cab8d20a1424b59bbd466d0e4e77436db1f17d448c7fe93e01a5035a5...

2020-09-12 12:14:10,884 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 52 from curl != 0
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2020-09-12 12:14:26,263 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

2020-09-12 12:14:36,666 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left

...and after ~10-15 minutes it started working. Weird. 

Edited by Merijeek
16 minutes ago, Merijeek said:

I don't seem to have that variable anywhere in my config, as near as I can tell. 

Assuming we're talking about on the container edit page. So I added this. Does it look correct? So far I'm not having any luck.

image.png.fe82902a0d0c9d6087ffc26426a52607.png

If I'm supposed to be setting this somewhere else, please point me in the right direction.

Currently, my loop looks like: 

2020-09-12 12:14:09,954 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=9306ff7cab8d20a1424b59bbd466d0e4e77436db1f17d448c7fe93e01a5035a5...

2020-09-12 12:14:10,884 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 12 retries left

2020-09-12 12:14:26,263 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

[info] 10 retries left

Mine is currently Key 6 in the config screen with a container variable: STRICT_PORT_FORWARD, but it is not a drop down selection. you have to actually type in the setting (yes or no). Don't know enough to know whether or not the Variable name needs to be the same, but mine is Variable name: Key 6.

Re using the port forward endpoints, I have had success with STRICT_PORT_FORWARD = no, still using the Canadian servers that I knew were portforwarding before all this, but then manually entering the port forward port in the settings in my stand alone deluge gui app (not web-gui). The port is definitely not forwarded as I can check that on a torrent site that I have active torrents on and it displays whether or not the current connection is port forwarded (it's not).  But my speeds don't appear to have taken a huge (or any) toll.  But I also haven't taxed the client much in the last couple of months.

So yeah PIA Port Forwarding is Broken for me as well. Went ahead and set Strict port forwarding to no and I was able to get reconnected again. I also went ahead and submitted a ticket with PIA to add to all this. Hopefully they fix this. My year comes up in December and if they choose not to fix this I we'll just have to find another provider I guess! 

Edited by SiRMarlon

So, I’ve been having some issues with the docker suddenly going unreachable lately. Sonarr/Radarr will give me a warning that they can’t reach deluge, and at that point I can reach the WebUI, type my password and they I just get a blank UI(as if I had no torrents). If I restart the docker it works fine again. This is what I found in my logs this morning(it keeps repeating this once every hour):

96F14D04-34FA-4ED9-8DED-BEE69A4341C2.thumb.jpeg.242a380499224b51afe0ea52babdbe36.jpeg

14 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Spain. Still going strong.

montreal died on me, but looks like spain does indeed work. thanks!

does anyone have a list of current pia servers that support port forwarding? This is the one I go by but it hasn't been updated in years: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

I'm having an error with some of my torrents I'm attempting to seed.

Tracker Status: Error: No route to host

What is the cause of this error for a torrent? All the torrents are with the same private tracker. I have about 50 torrents from there and only 5 are working whilst the other 45 have this error. I can't see anything to distinguish between those with errors and those without. There is no help for this error and I can't even find it on Google.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by OliHns