[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3 minutes ago, Kopernikus said:

Hi,

Attached 2 logs 1 with binhex docker other from other developer, both same settings exept binhex docker gives network error.

supervisord-binhex.log 8.7 kB · 0 downloads logother.txt 7.53 kB · 1 download

looks like you have name resolution issues on your host, it cannot resolve the vpn endpoint you are trying to connect to, from your log:-

2020-09-22 15:37:38,948 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error

you need to figure out why you cannot do name lookups, most probably firewall related, also i noted you have your network set to '--net='proxynet' i would remove that and set it back to 'bridge' as per normal and see if it connects ok then.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

looks like you have name resolution issues on your host, it cannot resolve the vpn endpoint you are trying to connect to, from your log:-

2020-09-22 15:37:38,948 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error

you need to figure out why you cannot do name lookups, most probably firewall related, also i noted you have your network set to '--net='proxynet' i would remove that and set it back to 'bridge' as per normal and see if it connects ok then.

Hi,

Haven't set it to '--net='proxynet' docker was created with the synology docker wizard, if I check it's set to bridge.

I will create the container manual and see if that changes, with the other docker and don't have this error, also in the past all worked fine.

19 minutes ago, Kopernikus said:

Hi,

Haven't set it to '--net='proxynet' docker was created with the synology docker wizard, if I check it's set to bridge.

I will create the container manual and see if that changes, with the other docker and don't have this error, also in the past all worked fine.

Hi,

Just added the container through sudo docker run... instead of the wizard, same result, also disabled firewall.

Where do you see '--net='proxynet' in the log? --> just saw it was in @bigbangus log file not in mine.

Could it be an other OpenVPN version ?

This docker also seems to work:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn/

I run it wirth exactly the same docker settings as yours.

Edited by Kopernikus
52 minutes ago, Kopernikus said:

Where do you see '--net='proxynet' in the log? --> just saw it was in @bigbangus log file not in mine.

Guilty. I have mine accessible through reverse proxy. And then I have all my fun containers on the delugevpn network itself. A 3 layered cake of networking that I barely comprehend but it works.

Edited by bigbangus

Hello,

Thanks for reading into my issue. The main problem I am having is that I'm not able to start the DelugeVPN docker. See screenshot of log below. It says

"No OpenVPN config file located in /config/Openvpn/"

I have the file downloaded from PIA, but I have NO CLUE where to put it.

EDIT1: So, I figured out where to place the openVPN configuration files.

However, even with the files in place, when the webGUI is clicked, I do not have any success of entering the GUI.

Can someone please help???

EDIT2: Updated log file

- Thanks

Log for_ binhex-delugevpn.pdf

Edited by UnBeastRaid
50 minutes ago, UnBeastRaid said:

Hello,

Thanks for reading into my issue. The main problem I am having is that I'm not able to start the DelugeVPN docker. See screenshot of log below. It says

"No OpenVPN config file located in /config/Openvpn/"

I have the file downloaded from PIA, but I have NO CLUE where to put it.

EDIT1: So, I figured out where to place the openVPN configuration files.

However, even with the files in place, when the webGUI is clicked, I do not have any success of entering the GUI.

Can someone please help???

EDIT2: Updated log file

- Thanks

Log for_ binhex-delugevpn.pdf 3.46 MB · 2 downloads

You appear to have the same problem as many others have posted. Try disabling strict port forwarding in your container settings and see if you can connect to the WebUI.

7 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

You appear to have the same problem as many others have posted. Try disabling strict port forwarding in your container settings and see if you can connect to the WebUI.

I have removed port forwarding from the container, however, I am still having trouble getting inside the GUI. Kind of stuck, not sure what else to try. I have changed my PIA password to make sure there are no special characters because some users were having issues with this. I have also changed the OpenVPN config files several times, in the hopes that this might be the issue, but still no luck.

Here is the updated log after removing the port forwarding requirement:

- Thanks

Updated_Log for_ binhex-delugevpn.pdf

6 hours ago, dukiethecorgi said:

I just saw this 

Next Generation Port Forwarding

on the PIA website

Information looks good, but only covers Wireguard, so far.  OpenVPN script is still in progress - but it does give us hope that our issues will soon be resolved.  I'm sure that Binhex will be on to it as soon as the OpenVPN script is posted.

As far as connecting my router, which doesn't support OpenVPN or Wireguard, is concerned, I guess that I'm stuck with the oldgen endpoints.

Edited by PeterB
20 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Information looks good, but only covers Wireguard, so far.  OpenVPN script is still in progress - but it does give us hope that our issues will soon be resolved.  I'm sure that Binhex will be on to it as soon as the OpenVPN script is posted.

As far as connecting my router, which doesn't support OpenVPN or Wireguard, is concerned, I guess that I'm stuck with the oldgen endpoints.

I saw that yesterday and have began coding, i have a working incoming port on next-gen for openvpn, it just needs more work to make it production ready.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Wow!  I don't know what the version is of the docker image I just downloaded, but it connected to the Czech endpoint in a mere five or ten seconds! (I haven't yet got around to entering multiple endpoints in the configuration).

sadly you probably just got lucky, that is unless pia are finally sorting their sh*t out, in any case the multi remote line code should help, as mentioned above i am working on next-gen now and its going well, i MIGHT have something for people to test by the end of today.

p.s. LOTS more endpoints support port forwarding on next-gen! - like dozens!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey All,

I just installed and seem to be running into some permission issue I can't figure out. I have posted what I think is the most relevant part of the log below but have attached the full log in case I missed something.

2020-09-23 11:18:33,867 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
/home/nobody/checkvpnip.sh: line 9: /tmp/getvpnip: Permission denied

2020-09-23 11:18:38,861 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 /usr/bin/ip route add 184.75.221.58/32 via 172.17.0.1

2020-09-23 11:18:38,862 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 /usr/bin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via 10.31.240.1

2020-09-23 11:18:38,863 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 /usr/bin/ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via 10.31.240.1

2020-09-23 11:18:38,864 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed

2020-09-23 11:18:43,840 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using Name Server 'ns1.google.com'...

2020-09-23 11:18:44,085 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 184.75.221.59

2020-09-23 11:18:44,151 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
/home/nobody/checkvpnextip.sh: line 12: /tmp/getvpnextip: Permission denied

2020-09-23 11:18:44,152 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
cat: /tmp/getiptables: Permission denied

supervisord.log

Edited by PeterBen
34 minutes ago, PeterBen said:

Hey All,

I just installed and seem to be running into some permission issue I can't figure out. I have posted what I think is the most relevant part of the log below but have attached the full log in case I missed something.

2020-09-23 11:18:33,867 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
/home/nobody/checkvpnip.sh: line 9: /tmp/getvpnip: Permission denied

2020-09-23 11:18:38,861 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 /usr/bin/ip route add 184.75.221.58/32 via 172.17.0.1

2020-09-23 11:18:38,862 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 /usr/bin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via 10.31.240.1

2020-09-23 11:18:38,863 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 /usr/bin/ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via 10.31.240.1

2020-09-23 11:18:38,864 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Sep 23 11:18:38 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed

2020-09-23 11:18:43,840 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using Name Server 'ns1.google.com'...

2020-09-23 11:18:44,085 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 184.75.221.59

2020-09-23 11:18:44,151 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
/home/nobody/checkvpnextip.sh: line 12: /tmp/getvpnextip: Permission denied

2020-09-23 11:18:44,152 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
cat: /tmp/getiptables: Permission denied

supervisord.log 367.19 kB · 1 download

as suspected, your umask is VERY restrictive!, from your log:-

2020-09-23 11:18:30.064907 [info] UMASK defined as '775'

umask is not the same as chmod, the octets are reversed, so 775 = 002, set umask back to 000 or 002 and then delete file /config/perms.txt to reset permissions.

Help! Can't access web UI all of a sudden - all browsers say "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE".

• Only thingI changed recently was set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to "no" to fix PIA issues but I don't think this is relevant as I tried both ways
  • I checked docker port allocations and no conflicts
  • Docker log shows the following in an endless loop (see deluge-vpn-log.txt)
  • deluge-web.log shows an error (deluge-web.log)

Edited by Odessa

Hey @binhex, noticed you use AES-128 instead of 256 in your OVPN file. Is that the only changes you make to the ovpn files for speed? I've been using GCM for a while since it's faster than CBC, but was wondering if 128/256 made a difference and if there were any other changes I should make? Thx

Edited by AD24
On 9/21/2020 at 7:43 AM, binhex said:

OK guys, multi remote endpoint support is now in for this image please pull down the new image

Thanks, binhex for this release. I'm now able to connect to CA servers

Question about this image, and others... Is there a possibility to log on my favorites torrent site when the docker start ?

Presently, I'm going in console to manually log with a curl command. Is they're a way to automate it ?