[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

12 hours ago, binhex said:

PIA Users - Fancy being a guinea pig for Next-Gen OpenVPN support?, if so read here:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=433617

12 hours ago, binhex said:

Evening furry guinea pigs! :-), there will be a new test tagged image available in the next hour from now, this one includes a fix for the multiple retry issue due to login failure, so you should now get assigned a incoming port on first run for next-gen!, let me know how you get on.

OK Testing is now over, i am satisfied that PIA Next-Gen network using OpenVPN is working well enough to push this to production, so the changes have now been included in the 'latest' tagged image, if you have been using the 'test' tagged image then please drop ':test' from the repository name and click on apply to pick up the latest again.

If you want to switch from current to next-gen then please generate a new ovpn file using the following procedure:-

1. Download next-gen ovpn config file - Click on the following link and then click on 'View OpenVPN Configurations' , please download a ovpn file for next-gen:- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/download#

2. Extract the zip and copy one of the ovpn files and all the other certs etc to /config/openvpn/, ensuring you either rename the extension or delete the old current-gen network ovpn file.

3. Restart the container and monitor /config/supervisord.log file for any issues.

Note:- The new image will still support current (or legacy) PIA network for now, so you can use either, dictated to by the ovpn file.

• Like 5

Good morning.

So I removed the test tag as recommended and add the new next-gen ovpn config file as well. It is still having trouble connecting.

My log file is attached and it keeps saying the following:

2020-09-29 07:58:02,701 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Checking endpoint 'ca-toronto.privacy.network' is port forward enabled...

2020-09-29 07:58:17,487 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-toronto.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

deluge log 9_29.txt

6 minutes ago, Geran said:

Good morning.

So I removed the test tag as recommended and add the new next-gen ovpn config file as well. It is still having trouble connecting.

My log file is attached and it keeps saying the following:

2020-09-29 07:58:02,701 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Checking endpoint 'ca-toronto.privacy.network' is port forward enabled...

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-toronto.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

deluge log 9_29.txt 15.85 kB · 1 download

you need to download the latest docker image, you are using the old one, do a 'force update'

1 hour ago, binhex said:

OK Testing is now over, i am satisfied that PIA Next-Gen network using OpenVPN is working well enough to push this to production, so the changes have now been included in the 'latest' tagged image, if you have been using the 'test' tagged image then please drop ':test' from the repository name and click on apply to pick up the latest again.

If you want to switch from current to next-gen then please generate a new ovpn file using the following procedure:-

Note:- The new image will still support current (or legacy) PIA network for now, so you can use either, dictated to by the ovpn file.

Just updated to latest, connected straight away on nextgen. Awesome work!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, binhex said:

Removed :test.

Back to normal.

Great job!

• Like 1

With this recent change to next-gen ovpn config files, should NordVPN still be usable?  I run Watchtower and it updated this docker image, and as of today I am no longer able to get this to connect to my defined server.  I went to Nord's site to make sure I had the latest ovpn files and tried a few other of their servers as well, they all get stuck at the point:

Tue Sep 29 10:22:43 2020 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]37.120.213.123:443 [nonblock]

Sits there for a while, times out, and repeats.

I noticed this line in my logs as well, can't say whether it was there before or not but seems to indicate it doesn't like the ovpn file I am using:

2020-09-29 10:14:32.218400 [warn] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn/ch301.nordvpn.com.tcp.ovpn remote port is missing or malformed, assuming port '1194'

13 minutes ago, mccune68 said:

With this recent change to next-gen ovpn config files, should NordVPN still be usable?  I run Watchtower and it updated this docker image, and as of today I am no longer able to get this to connect to my defined server.  I went to Nord's site to make sure I had the latest ovpn files and tried a few other of their servers as well, they all get stuck at the point:

Tue Sep 29 10:22:43 2020 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]37.120.213.123:443 [nonblock]

Sits there for a while, times out, and repeats.

I noticed this line in my logs as well, can't say whether it was there before or not but seems to indicate it doesn't like the ovpn file I am using:

2020-09-29 10:14:32.218400 [warn] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn/ch301.nordvpn.com.tcp.ovpn remote port is missing or malformed, assuming port '1194'

see here:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

So I did as you suggested. I removed the ":Test" tag and updated the docker ... not sure if I was supposed to do something else? I am not having the same luck as everyone with connecting fast. It is still trying to connect and its been more then 10 minutes now. Attach is my log. Let me know if I was supposed to do something else here. 

Log.txt

9 minutes ago, SiRMarlon said:

So I did as you suggested. I removed the ":Test" tag and updated the docker ... not sure if I was supposed to do something else? I am not having the same luck as everyone with connecting fast. It is still trying to connect and its been more then 10 minutes now. Attach is my log. Let me know if I was supposed to do something else here. 

Log.txt 22.35 kB · 2 downloads

same issue as a previous guy, you need to click on 'force update' to force the new image to be downloaded.