[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to Binhex's image and I'm coming from huagene's transmission as they do not support next gen port forwarding yet. A few questions from a Synology DS218+ user:

1) Is the itconfig plugin really necessary for faster speeds like the FAQ says when     

"enable_incoming_tcp": false,
    "enable_incoming_utp": false,
    "enable_outgoing_utp": false,

is included in the core.conf file?

2) Why don't plugins persist between turning on and off the container on Synology DS218+? Scheduler keeps turning off when I restart the container.

3) I keep getting "failed to upload torrent" when trying to add a manual torrent file. Log doesn't say anything.

4) Is there any way to completely disable the webui "deluge" password? I saw an autologin fork but I'd rather keep binhex's image.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

4 hours ago, binhex said:

Yeah, been through that document already, if it were something that simple, I wouldn't be posting here.

Your subscription has run out - double check this on the vpn providers website.

-nope, logged into the site today, I have over a year left

You have not typed in your username and/or password - do not copy and paste, type it in manually to prevent whitespace issues.

-nope, copy/pasted, manually entered, regenerated credentials, and retried several times, this is not the issue

You are using the wrong credentials - ensure the credentials are for openvpn/wireguard, NOT proxy servers etc.

-this is the only 'maybe' here, I can't tell if PIA uses different credentials for wireguard, and if so, I can't find them, but I was getting the error for openvpn as well as wireguard, so either way this isn't the issue for at least one of my attempts and both are having the same issue.

Your password contains a character which may cause issues - please ensure it only contains letters a-z (upper case or lower case) and numbers 0-9.

-nope, using credentials generated by PIA, no unusual characters

Out of date openvpn config file (ovpn extension) - ensure you download the latest ovpn file from your vpn provider.

-nope, fresh download, files are dated 8-11-20, from the next-gen zip file

The vpn provider you have signed up with is having authentication issues - try another endpoint, failing that contact the vpn provider and explain you are having authenticaiton issues when using native openvpn/wireguard clients with AUTH_FAILED shown.

-maybe, but I'd expect a company as big as PIA to have that somewhere public if their connections have been down for days...  Tried about 5 different endpoints, all give the same issue.

4 minutes ago, worldspawn said:

Yeah, been through that document already, if it were something that simple, I wouldn't be posting here.

Your subscription has run out - double check this on the vpn providers website.

-nope, logged into the site today, I have over a year left

You have not typed in your username and/or password - do not copy and paste, type it in manually to prevent whitespace issues.

-nope, copy/pasted, manually entered, regenerated credentials, and retried several times, this is not the issue

You are using the wrong credentials - ensure the credentials are for openvpn/wireguard, NOT proxy servers etc.

-this is the only 'maybe' here, I can't tell if PIA uses different credentials for wireguard, and if so, I can't find them, but I was getting the error for openvpn as well as wireguard, so either way this isn't the issue for at least one of my attempts and both are having the same issue.

Your password contains a character which may cause issues - please ensure it only contains letters a-z (upper case or lower case) and numbers 0-9.

-nope, using credentials generated by PIA, no unusual characters

Out of date openvpn config file (ovpn extension) - ensure you download the latest ovpn file from your vpn provider.

-nope, fresh download, files are dated 8-11-20, from the next-gen zip file

The vpn provider you have signed up with is having authentication issues - try another endpoint, failing that contact the vpn provider and explain you are having authenticaiton issues when using native openvpn/wireguard clients with AUTH_FAILED shown.

-maybe, but I'd expect a company as big as PIA to have that somewhere public if their connections have been down for days...  Tried about 5 different endpoints, all give the same issue.

Yoy've said a couple of times now you've 'regenerated credentials': what credentials are you using, your main username/password that you log in to the PIA website with or these?
image.png.8671a838dd408f031554133954b2dd3e.png

It should be your main username (pXXXXXX) & password you use, not the generated SOCKS ones.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, superkrups20056 said:

1) Is the itconfig plugin really necessary for faster speeds like the FAQ says when     

"enable_incoming_tcp": false,
    "enable_incoming_utp": false,
    "enable_outgoing_utp": false,

yes

is included in the core.conf file?

no

2) Why don't plugins persist between turning on and off the container on Synology DS218+? Scheduler keeps turning off when I restart the container.

see Q4 here:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/delugevpn.md

1 hour ago, xxDeadbolt said:

Yoy've said a couple of times now you've 'regenerated credentials': what credentials are you using, your main username/password that you log in to the PIA website with or these?
image.png.8671a838dd408f031554133954b2dd3e.png

It should be your main username (pXXXXXX) & password you use, not the generated SOCKS ones.

Hey! That was it, when did that change?  The last several versions I've used required the generated password set.

Hey! That was it, when did that change?  The last several versions I've used required the generated password set.

Honestly, I thought it was always the main log on info. I was never aware of ever being able to use the SOCKS credentials... but I only set up my server at end of March so could’ve been a thing around/before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
18 minutes ago, worldspawn said:

I believe it changed with the new endpoint setup.  I was using the generated user and password, but a few weeks ago in this thread we discovered you need to use the main user and password.  Hopefully others will see these posts. 😉

1 minute ago, xxDeadbolt said:
19 minutes ago, worldspawn said:

Honestly, I thought it was always the main log on info. I was never aware of ever being able to use the SOCKS credentials...

this images has always been based off the pia website credentials, never the socks credentials, but obviously that is up to pia as to what they do or do not accept, perhaps pia now prevent socks credentials being used for wireguard/openvpn authentication? *shrug*, all i can tell you is main website credentials has been working since this image was created.

4 minutes ago, Burizado said:

I believe it changed with the new endpoint setup.  I was using the generated user and password, but a few weeks ago in this thread we discovered you need to use the main user and password.  Hopefully others will see these posts. 😉

thats interesting!, so pia have changed things on their end to prevent socks being used for wireguard/openvpn, that makes sense then, i have enhanced Q16 a little so that hopefully the next person will see my 'Note'.

• Thanks 1
On 10/19/2020 at 9:58 AM, binhex said:

remove everything in the repository field and replace with:-

binhex/arch-delugevpn

ok sorry, its me again...apparently my torrent site doesnt like the newest version yet.  Is there somewhere I can go to get the build names to put in to the Repository field?  I'm going to start moving it back a build at a time until I find one it likes again.

I was looking here, but i'm not sure what part of the name I would actually put in the Repository field.  

https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/builds?page=2

14 minutes ago, coltonc18 said:

was looking here, but i'm not sure what part of the name I would actually put in the Repository field.  

https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/builds?page=2

If you click the “tags” tab it gives you the build number to use.

Example- binhex/arch-delugevpn:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-04

FYI- These versions do not support the next-gen servers.

Edited by wgstarks
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, binhex said:

ive seen a couple of people report this but i have been unable to replicate so unsure as to the cause, you could try another endpoint and see if that helps.

I am also getting this. I tried both US Atlanta and US Florida, neither worked. What endpoint(s) have you tested that work for you?

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json payload from URL 'https://10.13.112.1:19999/getSignature' using token

My Internet connection went down for six hours.  When it came back, DelugeVPN didn't re-establish the VPN automatically.

On restarting the container, the VPN came up quickly and started transferring data again.

The log file shows lots of repeated:

2020-10-23 09:32:19,037 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] DNS failure, creating file '/tmp/dnsfailure' to indicate failure...

2020-10-23 09:32:19,061 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] VPN IP not detected, VPN tunnel maybe down

2020-10-23 09:32:21,053 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Sending 'down' command to WireGuard due to dns failure...
[info] Attempting to bring WireGuard interface 'down'...

2020-10-23 09:32:21,068 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

2020-10-23 09:32:21,071 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
wg-quick: `wg0' is not a WireGuard interface

2020-10-23 09:32:21,071 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] WireGuard interface stopped

2020-10-23 09:33:44,203 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2020-10-23 09:33:44,227 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2020-10-23 09:33:51,077 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-10-23 09:33:51,077 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-10-23 09:33:51,092 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2020-10-23 09:33:51,094 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2020-10-23 09:33:51,095 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

6 hours ago, PeterB said:

My Internet connection went down for six hours.  When it came back, DelugeVPN didn't re-establish the VPN automatically.

On restarting the container, the VPN came up quickly and started transferring data again.

The log file shows lots of repeated:

2020-10-23 09:32:19,037 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2020-10-23 09:32:19,061 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2020-10-23 09:32:21,053 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2020-10-23 09:32:21,068 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2020-10-23 09:32:21,071 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2020-10-23 09:32:21,071 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

i think i see the issue @PeterB i will do some testing and if it looks good will release a new image with the fix.

15 hours ago, LumberJackGeek said:

I am also getting this. I tried both US Atlanta and US Florida, neither worked. What endpoint(s) have you tested that work for you?

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json payload from URL 'https://10.13.112.1:19999/getSignature' using token

Bump, still not having any luck with the next gen stuff :( 

55 minutes ago, LumberJackGeek said:

from your log:-

[warn] PIA endpoint 'us-atlanta.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

so either set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'no' or choose one of the dozens of other endpoints shown in your log that do support port forwarding.

43 minutes ago, binhex said:

from your log:-

[warn] PIA endpoint 'us-atlanta.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

so either set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'no' or choose one of the dozens of other endpoints shown in your log that do support port forwarding.

Ahh so those endpoints do not support port forwarding? I suspect that's the issue others are hitting. I assumed (wrongly) since it was in that next-gen pack that meant it supported port forward :) Thanks for the info!

26 minutes ago, LumberJackGeek said:

Ahh so those endpoints do not support port forwarding? I suspect that's the issue others are hitting. I assumed (wrongly) since it was in that next-gen pack that meant it supported port forward :) Thanks for the info!

Here's the list of what supports port forwarding in the nextgen servers:

[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-

2020-10-23 12:26:12,506 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] al.privacy.network
[info] ad.privacy.network
[info] austria.privacy.network
[info] brussels.privacy.network
[info] ba.privacy.network

2020-10-23 12:26:12,506 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] sofia.privacy.network
[info] czech.privacy.network
[info] denmark.privacy.network