[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 10/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, binhex said:

ive seen a couple of people report this but i have been unable to replicate so unsure as to the cause, you could try another endpoint and see if that helps.

I was testing for hours today; almost tried all of the endpoints.... And then it hit me. What if I add the VPN_USER and VPN_PASS environment variables back (although the credentials.conf is there and set in the ovpn file). And *bam* no more "Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL". Apparently the environment variables are mandatory now. It does still work without them on the legacy endpoints.

Is this how it's intended to work? I can imaging more people banging their heads because of this change... Glad it's working now, though. :)

Edited by BakedPizza
15 minutes ago, BakedPizza said:

I was testing for hours today; almost tried all of the endpoints.... And then it hit me. What if I add the VPN_USER and VPN_PASS environment variables back (although the credentials.conf is there and set in the ovpn file). And *bam* no more "Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL". Apparently the environment variables are mandatory now. It does still work without them on the legacy endpoints.

Is this how it's intended to work? I can imaging more people banging their heads because of this change... Glad it's working now, though. :)

Don’t you have these set in your container settings?

15 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Don’t you have these set in your container settings?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you wondering why I didn't have them set?

If so, before the nextgen addition (and still true for the legacy endpoints on the latest version) they weren't mandatory anymore after the first start or if the credentials were mentioned in the ovpn file. Because I always manually linked them in the ovpn file and didn't like my username and password being logged on every start (supervisor.log), I removed these variables.

1 hour ago, BakedPizza said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you wondering why I didn't have them set?

I was just asking if you did have them set in your container. I hadn’t realized that they were optional until just a few days ago when someone else made a similar report regarding the next-gen authentication.

2 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Looks like Legacy is dead now, certainly the endpoint I'm connected to is no longer passing traffic (but allowing my connection to survive).

OK seems that I needed to add the DNSWatch IPs from the newer template config to get everything working again.
Finally migrated from my crusty v1 setup, v2 feels very snappy!

Anyone have a good replacement for the seedtime plugin that works with v2 ?

EDIT:

Found a fork that has been updated for v2 compatibility, happy days
vanossj/deluge-seedtime

Edited by tjb_altf4

Hi, is there a way to get nextgen PIA servers running with DelugeVPN 1.3.15? I have to use that version due tracker rules.

With 2.X all is working fine but as I said, I cannot use it.

I try wireguard for a VPN Tunnel and the Deluge 1.3.15 with VPN off but I can't configure with PIA, It seems it doesn't work.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, garion said:

Hi, is there a way to get nextgen PIA servers running with DelugeVPN 1.3.15? I have to use that version due tracker rules.

With 2.X all is working fine but as I said, I cannot use it.

I try wireguard for a VPN Tunnel and the Deluge 1.3.15 with VPN off but I can't configure with PIA, It seems it doesn't work.

Thanks

No

You can either use the latest version of Deluge or switch to one of the other binhex vpn dockers. I switched to the binhex-bittorrentvpn docker due to problems with trackers on the latest deluge version.

• Like 1

PIA user here, moving to nextgen servers, removed old container and image. Pulled using command:

docker create --name deluge --restart=always --privileged=true -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 -v H:\Deluge\Data:/data -v H:\Deluge\config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_CLIENT=wireguard -e VPN_USER=XXXXXXX -e VPN_PASS=XXXXXXX -e VPN_PROV=pia -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=10.0.0.0/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1 -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn

VPN fails to start, supervisord shows the issue bringing up the interface. Not sure what the resolution is. Any help?

2020-10-25 17:05:49,384 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
[#] ip link add wg0 type wireguard
2020-10-25 17:05:49,389 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
2020-10-25 17:05:49,402 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Unable to access interface: Protocol not supported
2020-10-25 17:05:49,404 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
[#] ip link delete dev wg0
2020-10-25 17:05:49,422 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] WireGuard interface failed to come 'up', exit code is '1'

So after having to change my ISP gateway to bridge mode and back due to a technical issue with work computer, it seems that I have broken a few of my dockers including Deluge and nzbgevpn. I can no longer access those dockers as when I click on WebUI the page says This site can’t be reached, refused to connect. I tried changing the openvpn end points for deluge, it did not work. then I lost docker service, restored it, but still can't open deluge or nzb..

I can't figure out if its due to the recent change made by PIA or something on my end. can anyone point me in the right direction.. 

6 minutes ago, faulty_lamp said:

I haven't been able to access the ui for the past few days.  I am seeing the following warning in the logs.

WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

I've verified my credentials are correct and my PIA account is active.  Any idea what could cause this?

That is a standard warning and has nothing to do with your problem. You should attach the entire supervisord log (redact users/passwords) to your next post.

37 minutes ago, faulty_lamp said:

I haven't been able to access the ui for the past few days.  I am seeing the following warning in the logs.

WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

I've verified my credentials are correct and my PIA account is active.  Any idea what could cause this?

It seems that I had the same problem. I fixed it by changing the endpoint from Spain to a different one. I think there might be something weird going on with that server.

1 hour ago, boianski said:

So after having to change my ISP gateway to bridge mode and back due to a technical issue with work computer, it seems that I have broken a few of my dockers including Deluge and nzbgevpn. I can no longer access those dockers as when I click on WebUI the page says This site can’t be reached, refused to connect. I tried changing the openvpn end points for deluge, it did not work. then I lost docker service, restored it, but still can't open deluge or nzb..

I can't figure out if its due to the recent change made by PIA or something on my end. can anyone point me in the right direction.. 

i have attached my dx file. and screen shot of the system log

chrome_0cCZkCwn5w.png

bigboss-diagnostics-20201025-2339.zip

35 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

"Yes" setting works with both next-gen openvpn and wireguard

If I change it to "yes" I get errors

2020-10-26 21:22:27,149 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Port forwarding is enabled

[info] Checking endpoint 'spain.privacy.network' is port forward enabled...

2020-10-26 21:22:32,644 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[warn] PIA endpoint 'spain.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow

[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

2020-10-26 21:22:32,645 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-

2020-10-26 21:22:32,645 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com

[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2020-10-26 21:22:33,567 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[warn] Exit code '7' from curl != 0 or no response body received

[info] 12 retries left

[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

and nothing changes. Is there something I've missed? Updated container, changed openvpn files. Stumped. Was working a few days ago.

Edited by NetskyAU
8 minutes ago, NetskyAU said:

If I change it to "yes" I get errors

Logs are telling you exactly what is happening.

PIA endpoint 'spain.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding.

Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown e.g. spain.privateinternetaccess.com

10 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown e.g. spain.privateinternetaccess.com

But aren't these the legacy servers? The spain.privacy.network is the nextgen servers and you said "yes" to port forwarding works on both? Or I am misunderstanding something?