[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

oke i thought i was ready but now i am running against the issue of actually finding the /config/openvpn/ folder.

i assumed it should be located in the root of the ADM (linux based os of my NAS)

there i did indeed find a .config folder of course, but there is no openvpn folder in there.

i tried stopping at all (every container in portainer-ce), but then all that hapend is that my router would reboot.

afterwards there is still no openvpn folder in .config/ so i started to think i should look for it somewhere else, higher up in the file tree.

So i found in the Docker/Deluge folder a /Config, but also without openvpn folder.

Al i can think of now is that i should still look for a different location so i tried 'locate openvpn'

or i didn't force the creation of the folder in the right way yet.

any thoughts on the above?

kind greatings Matthieu

1 hour ago, spikey1973 said:

oke i thought i was ready but now i am running against the issue of actually finding the /config/openvpn/ folder.

i assumed it should be located in the root of the ADM (linux based os of my NAS)

there i did indeed find a .config folder of course, but there is no openvpn folder in there.

i tried stopping at all (every container in portainer-ce), but then all that hapend is that my router would reboot.

afterwards there is still no openvpn folder in .config/ so i started to think i should look for it somewhere else, higher up in the file tree.

So i found in the Docker/Deluge folder a /Config, but also without openvpn folder.

Al i can think of now is that i should still look for a different location so i tried 'locate openvpn'

or i didn't force the creation of the folder in the right way yet.

any thoughts on the above?

kind greatings Matthieu

What do you have programmed into Host Path 1 variable in your container settings (should be where /config is located). 

Host Path1.JPG

Edited by chesh

@chesh:

thanks for your reply, i tried looking for that info in Portainer.io but did find no reference to anything named host path (1 or other)

am i looking at the wrong spot? (again)

sorry for all this trouble, i feel the closer i seem to get the less i know and understand.

Edited by spikey1973
15 minutes ago, spikey1973 said:

@chesh:

thanks for your reply, i tried looking for that info in Portainer.io but did find no reference to anything named host path (1 or other)

am i looking at the wrong spot? (again)

sorry for all this trouble, i feel the closer i seem to get the less i know and understand.

Not familiar w/ Portainer, but looking at screenshots, I would think it is in the Container section under the DelugeVPN settings, but I may be way off.

any other / better dashboard i can use / you prefer? do keep in mind i am limited to a small amount of apps that is supported by ADM OS.

Within Portainer, there is a container section, bu i only have Deluge and PortainerCE in there.

DelugeVPN i have ONLY pulled in, so it is under images, but there, there is still a notification "unused". and i think i can not use it till i have this solved, right?

Please see screenshots. 

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 21-46-00.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 21-46-05.png

9 minutes ago, cromwell said:

Is anyone else having trouble with PIA? The container doesn't seem to stay on when connected to PIA. I set ```Container Variable: VPN_ENABLED``` to ```no``` and the container worked just fine...

Tried connecting to different servers, but no luck. PIA support is non-existent 

I had 0 problems since moving to Wireguard until a couple of hours ago when I had to restart the container... but it connected just fine and had no problems since. Was getting the "unable to download JSON" or something (I really should keep a note of these before restarting, sorry!)

EDIT: Sorry, I should add, I use the rTorrent container now, instead of DelugeVPN, but I figured it was an issue with PIA

Edited by xxDeadbolt
25 minutes ago, cromwell said:

Is anyone else having trouble with PIA? The container doesn't seem to stay on when connected to PIA. I set ```Container Variable: VPN_ENABLED``` to ```no``` and the container worked just fine...

Tried connecting to different servers, but no luck. PIA support is non-existent 

See Q19 and Q22 in the FAQ: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

hi PIA user here,

according to Q19, i need to get latest docker image but i dont want the latest and greatest delugevpn, if im understanding correctly.  i want the older version of delugevpn that i run that makes the trackers i am on the most happy.  when clients are too new they get blocked on trackers. 

in any case, i keep trying to do the thing i see in Q20 with the multi end points cycling through but every time i start up delugevpn it wipes all but one of the endpoints out leaving it to just a single end point .ovpn file again.

ive tried all the next gen stuff and renaming from privacy back to privateinternetaccess and back again and nothing works besides me trial and erroring, one by one, the older ovpn files until one finally connects.  im confused how so many other people are up and running without a hitch on the new servers...

14 minutes ago, DontWorryScro said:

hi PIA user here,

according to Q19, i need to get latest docker image but i dont want the latest and greatest delugevpn, if im understanding correctly.  i want the older version of delugevpn that i run that makes the trackers i am on the most happy.  when clients are too new they get blocked on trackers. 

in any case, i keep trying to do the thing i see in Q20 with the multi end points cycling through but every time i start up delugevpn it wipes all but one of the endpoints out leaving it to just a single end point .ovpn file again.

ive tried all the next gen stuff and renaming from privacy back to privateinternetaccess and back again and nothing works besides me trial and erroring, one by one, the older ovpn files until one finally connects.  im confused how so many other people are up and running without a hitch on the new servers...

You're going to have to use a different docker container then.  The old 1.3x version of the Deluge container doesn't support next-gen servers and the old PIA servers were shutdown on 10/31.  So, you go current w/ Deluge, or you'll have to switch to be able to connect to PIA and use a client that your trackers support.

19 minutes ago, DontWorryScro said:

hi PIA user here,

I switched to binhex-qbittorrentvpn docker. Doesn't have all the features of Deluge but it'll work for me until the deluge devs get some of the bugs worked out of v2.

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

I switched to binhex-qbittorrentvpn docker. Doesn't have all the features of Deluge but it'll work for me until the deluge devs get some of the bugs worked out of v2.

There are already later builds of Deluge, but not in the ArchLinux repositories.  I'm running v2.1.1 on my desktop.

10 hours ago, binhex said:

yes, dont touch the port, 1337 is pia's choosen port for wireguard, port 1198 is used for openvpn.

I think this was the prompt I was looking for!  My router has four WAN ports, but only one connection is un-metered.  I'd been trying to work out how to configure a route so that delugeVPN traffic only went to the un-metered port.  I've just set a route for all traffic to a 1337 destination port to go via WAN2 and that seems to be working.

5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Just out of curiosity, does it still have issues with trackers failing?

I'm only running it as a thin client, so I wouldn't be aware.

However, I'm not sure what issue you're referring to - I'm not aware of that problem on DelugeVPN.  How would I identify it?

1 hour ago, chesh said:

You're going to have to use a different docker container then.  The old 1.3x version of the Deluge container doesn't support next-gen servers and the old PIA servers were shutdown on 10/31.  So, you go current w/ Deluge, or you'll have to switch to be able to connect to PIA and use a client that your trackers support.

I'm using v.2.0.3.  I just dont want it updating to :latest where it's bleeding edge new before trackers have a chance to whitelist the latest iteration.  So I suppose I don't mean old old.

And though I did read that they shut the legacy servers down on 10/31 I just connected to the old DE-Berlin about an hour ago so maybe they haven't technically pulled the plug yet.

Edited by DontWorryScro
additional info

Hi there,

So last night - my docker container wouldn't startup - i checked the log and saw a message about my PIA endpoint not working b/c it's been phased out ... so I visited this PIA page and downloaded "OPENVPN CONFIGURATION FILES (DEFAULT)". I put the CA-Toronto end point on my server and relaunched delugeVPN. The container will start but I am unable to access it via gui. I looked at the log and here is the latest error:

2020-11-06 01:59:06,469 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-06 01:59:06 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.

2020-11-06 01:59:06,469 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-06 01:59:06 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
2020-11-06 01:59:06 OpenVPN 2.5.0 [git:makepkg/a73072d8f780e888+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Oct 27 2020

How would i go about fixing this?