[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I upgraded to next gen openvpn and was able to access the WebGUI remotely when I VPN using wireguard into my Unraid server. When I switched delugevpn to use wireguard, I could no longer access the WebGUI remotely (locally, it works fine). Switch back to openvpn, and I can access remotely.

I think the post a few pages back (regarding Wireguard to VPN into Unraid) may be relevant to my issue as I don't see anything glaring in my deluge logs. However, I'm not sure what setting would be incorrect in my wireguard VPN setup for Unraid as I can use wireguard to access all other containers on my server remotely except DelugeVPN.

Thanks!

supervisord.log

10 minutes ago, JustinChase said:

Nope, I sure didn't.  I've fixed, and all is well again.  Thanks again for the prompt support, and for all you contribute!

Okay, see this is what I'm not sure about. I'm not understanding this. My router assigns my local IPs. My router is 192.168.1.1

My server is in that same network. So shouldn't my LAN_NETWORK correctly be '192.168.1.0/24'?

I don't understand why it wouldn't be!?!?!

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

yes, that is correct (for you), for justinchase this is not the case so he had to change his.

Thank you, then please see my previous post. I don't understand why I can't access my WebGUI remotely. Everyone else has switched to Wireguard and it's been easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy but for me it's been difficult difficult lemon difficult. lol

I typically use a laptop when I'm away from home and have Wireguard that is built in to Unraid setup. I have the Wireguard client on my laptop (and phone for emergencies) to have a VPN tunnel into my Unraid server when I'm away. When connected I can access all my IPs as if I am local (access my Unraid server with (192.168.1.x). If I want to access a container I browse to the appropriate port (192.168.1.x:8181). I used to be able to access DelugeVPN the same way (192.168.1.x:8112) but not since upgrading DelugeVPN to PIA wireguard. If I switch DelugeVPN back to PIA openvpn I can access DelugeVPN WebGUI just fine and as I mentioned above, I can access the DelugeVPN WebGUI at home locally just fine no matter. I know it's running, things are downloading and uploading. It's just that I cannot access the WebGUI when I'm remote despite being able to access all other containers, again only when I switched to PIA wireguard for DelugeVPN.

3 minutes ago, TBoneStaek said:

I typically use a laptop when I'm away from home and have Wireguard that is built in to Unraid setup. I have the Wireguard client on my laptop (and phone for emergencies) to have a VPN tunnel into my Unraid server when I'm away. When connected I can access all my IPs as if I am local (access my Unraid server with (192.168.1.x). If I want to access a container I browse to the appropriate port (192.168.1.x:8181). I used to be able to access DelugeVPN the same way (192.168.1.x:8112) but not since upgrading DelugeVPN to PIA wireguard. If I switch DelugeVPN back to PIA openvpn I can access DelugeVPN WebGUI just fine and as I mentioned above, I can access the DelugeVPN WebGUI at home locally just fine no matter. I know it's running, things are downloading and uploading. It's just that I cannot access the WebGUI when I'm remote despite being able to access all other containers, again only when I switched to PIA wireguard for DelugeVPN.

Need to add your virtual IP (VPN subnet) to your LAN_NETWORK variable.

Edited by chesh
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, TBoneStaek said:

ok what you are missing here is that when you create a vpn tunnel from your laptop to your unraid server this will create a new network, this network will be different to your lan network of 192.168.1.x, i cant tell you what it is, as it could be set to anything, but you need to figure out what its configured to, then add this additional network to the setting for LAN_NETWORK using a comma to separate the networks, e.g.:-

LAN_NETWORK = 192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24

that should then allow you to connect and use the deluge ui over a vpn tunnel.

Just now, binhex said:

ok what you are missing here is that when you create a vpn tunnel from your laptop to your unraid server this will create a new network, this network will be different to your lan network of 192.168.1.x, i cant tell you what it is, as it could be set to anything, but you need to figure out what its configured to, then add this additional network to the setting for LAN_NETWORK using a comma to separate the networks, e.g.:-

LAN_NETWORK = 192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24

that should then allow you to connect and use the deluge ui over a vpn tunnel.

I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. I wonder why it just began when switching DelugeVPN to Wireguard. Is the LAN_NETWORK thing new? Sorry, I just can't remember if that was just added; been using your container for a few years now. (THANKS! btw)

1 minute ago, TBoneStaek said:

Is the LAN_NETWORK thing new?

nope its been there since the begining.

2 minutes ago, TBoneStaek said:

I wonder why it just began when switching DelugeVPN to Wireguard.

probably there is some confusion happening with which client/server to connect to which is leading to the issue, as you have in essence a wireguard server running (unraid) and a wireguard client running (delugevpn) and then you have your laptop connecting (wireguard client), but before we go jumping to conclusions thats its not possible i would first look at lan_network and see if that fixes it.

for the record, i have NOT tested this in the above configuration, but i do use a traditional port forward and this works just fine with wireguard and openvpn client.

10 minutes ago, binhex said:

nope its been there since the begining.

probably there is some confusion happening with which client/server to connect to which is leading to the issue, as you have in essence a wireguard server running (unraid) and a wireguard client running (delugevpn) and then you have your laptop connecting (wireguard client), but before we go jumping to conclusions thats its not possible i would first look at lan_network and see if that fixes it.

for the record, i have NOT tested this in the above configuration, but i do use a traditional port forward and this works just fine with wireguard and openvpn client.

Okay, I think that worked!!! Thank you so much!!! This was well over a month of hairpulling and combing your FAQs and multiple docker pulls and reconfigs!

I disconnected my laptop from my home network, turned off my phone's wifi, enabled my phone's hotspot, and then connected to that hotspot from my laptop. I found the virtual ip in the Wireguard VPN settings in Unraid, added that to LAN_NETWORK and BOOM! I have access to DelugeVPN again remotely.

1 Container issue down, NOW to get Deemix working...

• Like 1

I have two separate dockers running delugevpn on my unraid machine via PIA vpn. They both worked well simultaneously with PIA's 'old' network and deluge ~2.0.3. After upgrading to the newest delugevpn docker and PIA's 'nextgen' network (identical .ovpn files for each), only one of them works properly.

One works perfectly, the other gets stuck on Tracker Status: 'announce sent' (vs 'announce ok'), with the exact same public linux test torrent (or with any other torrent). The logs appear to show that both are properly getting separate forwarded ports setup with no obvious errors, and I don't think I changed anything other than what was required to move to nextgen PIA vpn.

They're setup basically identically except for different download folders, and different host port mappings (went port+1 for each). Both running in network bridge mode.

Any ideas?

Edited by nick5429
On 11/15/2020 at 12:32 AM, wgstarks said:

You’ll need to start the docker once so that it can create the folder in /config. Then you can place the crt and OpenVPN (if that’s what you’re using) into the config/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn folder and restart the docker.

that is clear! thank you.

one more question though..

taking the line again:

-v /apps/docker/deluge/config:/config \

i get ofcourse the tree part /apps/docker/config part also the : but what does the second  /config and \ mean?

thanks for all the help!

6 minutes ago, spikey1973 said:

that is clear! thank you.

one more question though..

taking the line again:

-v /apps/docker/deluge/config:/config \

i get ofcourse the tree part /apps/docker/config part also the : but what does the second  /config and \ mean?

thanks for all the help!

That is where it exists virtually within Deluge.  So, your system will find it at /apps/docker/deluge/config, but within Deluge it will see it as /config

I'm sorry to add to the deluge of comment, but I've been pulling my hair out trying to get DelugeVPN to work after I updated Unraid to 6.8.3.

I keep getting the old "DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-256-gcm' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM)." warning so I went through question 22 in the FAQ and made my ovpn file look like this:

remote ca-montreal.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
cipher aes-256-gcm
ncp-disable
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

Still no luck. I turned on STRICT_PORT_FORWARDING, no luck, turn it off, checked my credentials, and to make sure they're not over 99 characters, and I'm still stuck.

I apologize for adding to the mess and I hope that I just missed something minor.

supervisord.log

6 minutes ago, severanced said:

I'm sorry to add to the deluge of comment, but I've been pulling my hair out trying to get DelugeVPN to work after I updated Unraid to 6.8.3.

I keep getting the old "DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-256-gcm' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM)." warning so I went through question 22 in the FAQ and made my ovpn file look like this:

remote ca-montreal.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
cipher aes-256-gcm
ncp-disable
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

Still no luck. I turned on STRICT_PORT_FORWARDING, no luck, turn it off, checked my credentials, and to make sure they're not over 99 characters, and I'm still stuck.

I apologize for adding to the mess and I hope that I just missed something minor.

supervisord.log 11 kB · 1 download

your log looks fine, are you sure your lan_network is correct?, taken from your log:-

2020-11-16 14:55:36.407020 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.19.0.0/24'

if you are unsure then check Q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

9 minutes ago, binhex said:

your log looks fine, are you sure your lan_network is correct?, taken from your log:-

2020-11-16 14:55:36.407020 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.19.0.0/24'

if you are unsure then check Q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Thanks so much, it was something dumb, that was the issue, I had the wrong LAN network specified. Once I used the calculator on the FAQ it worked great, thanks again for the help!

56 minutes ago, chesh said:

That is where it exists virtually within Deluge.  So, your system will find it at /apps/docker/deluge/config, but within Deluge it will see it as /config

oke that is clear!

unfortunately that calls for another question (which i hope to understand but dot).

this line: -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \ has three parts.

/etc/localtime: = system?

/etc/localtime: = Deluge (but the same)

but what is the ro \.

i specifically ask as my ADM os on my nas doesnt's have a etc/ folder at all, but there has to be a way it draws the time from somewhere.. so that is my next step to figure out.

Kind greatings Matthieu

11 minutes ago, spikey1973 said:

oke that is clear!

unfortunately that calls for another question (which i hope to understand but dot).

this line: -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \ has three parts.

/etc/localtime: = system?

/etc/localtime: = Deluge (but the same)

but what is the ro \.

i specifically ask as my ADM os on my nas doesnt's have a etc/ folder at all, but there has to be a way it draws the time from somewhere.. so that is my next step to figure out.

Kind greatings Matthieu

RO = Read Only 

RW = Read/Write

• Like 1

"and the certificates referenced in the ovpn file (certificates will normally have a crt and/or pem extension)."

i have the open vpn file i need.

but about the referenced certificate(s), the CA is incorporated into the ovpn file for surfshark, so there is no seperate ca.crt file, ofcourse i can create one but i believe it not to be necessary.

but there are certificates mentioned, should there be another (.crt / key) file? and ifso, what is the name?