[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

hello all :D

i have finally the delugevpn container running.. :D and the log seems to be fine..
unfortunately when i try to access the web gui (192.168.1.109:8112) it doesn't open and  finally times out (running only delugevpn container)

i should NOT run an instance of binhex/arch-delugevpn and linuxserver/deluge correct?

any idea why i can't get the web gui opened?

ps: 8118 for privoxy didn't work either.

i added the log as pdf (so i don't clutter the forum more then i already do ;) )

delugevpn syslog.pdf

Edited by spikey1973
addition to the syslog

A few weeks back I had an issue that the community helped me out. Deluge stopped working and can't be restarted until I run 

/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle

Since this I've had to do it 3-4 times. Basically Deluge works fine and then one day I notice it isn't working and won't restart so I just run the command and it works fine.

Is there something I can do to permanently fix this?

This is a new development as I've run the same setup for a few years.

Hi there, maybe someone could help me out. I posted the issue on the GitHub issue tracker here because that's my default place to put issues as a developer lol: https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/issues/224.

Synopsis is that the container is running, VPN is seemingly connected fine, web UI shows up, but when I try to add a torrent by Torrent file (.torrent) I get "Failed to upload torrent" and there doesn't seem to be a log in sight about it. Since the UI works otherwise I can only assume the setting are correct. I've tried turning off Privoxy AND VPN all together and still get the same issue. Magnet links work and the stuff begins to download fine, but adding .torrent files is a complete no go, and as I only use torrents from a private tracker, they don't offer magnets so this is a deal breaker for me.

At this point if I can't figure it out, I'm back on the hunt for a VPN protected torrent container after spending too much time on this one already sadly.

7 hours ago, firrae said:

Hi there, maybe someone could help me out. I posted the issue on the GitHub issue tracker here because that's my default place to put issues as a developer lol: https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/issues/224.

Synopsis is that the container is running, VPN is seemingly connected fine, web UI shows up, but when I try to add a torrent by Torrent file (.torrent) I get "Failed to upload torrent" and there doesn't seem to be a log in sight about it. Since the UI works otherwise I can only assume the setting are correct. I've tried turning off Privoxy AND VPN all together and still get the same issue. Magnet links work and the stuff begins to download fine, but adding .torrent files is a complete no go, and as I only use torrents from a private tracker, they don't offer magnets so this is a deal breaker for me.

At this point if I can't figure it out, I'm back on the hunt for a VPN protected torrent container after spending too much time on this one already sadly.

This doesn't fix your underlying problem, but there is an extension for Chrome (delugesiphon) that can work with .torrent links.  Will add them to your deluge instance by just clicking the download link for the .torrent file. I use it with my private trackers so I don't have to download the .torrent file and then upload it to Deluge.

19 hours ago, spikey1973 said:

hello all :D

i have finally the delugevpn container running.. :D and the log seems to be fine..
unfortunately when i try to access the web gui (192.168.1.109:8112) it doesn't open and  finally times out (running only delugevpn container)

i should NOT run an instance of binhex/arch-delugevpn and linuxserver/deluge correct?

any idea why i can't get the web gui opened?

ps: 8118 for privoxy didn't work either.

i added the log as pdf (so i don't clutter the forum more then i already do ;) )

delugevpn syslog.pdf 28.28 kB · 1 download

in addition to the question above..

i thought maybe there is some limitation on access, so to run it through portainer as stack (sorry!!)
and make sure i had the "enable access control' turned off...

so i ran the following docker-compose code (manually converted, was actually sort of proud that i managed to do so ;) )
version: "2.1"
  services: arch-delugevpn:
    image: binhex/arch-delugevpn
  container_name: delugevpn
  cap_add: - NET_ADMIN
  environment:
    - VPN_ENABLED=yes
    - VPN_USER=LPRy...................
    - VPN_PASS=SV2.....................
    - VPN_PROV=custom
    - VPN_CLIENT=openvpn
    - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
    - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
    - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.109/32
    - NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1
    - DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info
    - DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info   
    - ADDITIONAL_PORTS=1234
    - DEBUG=false
    - UMASK=000
    - PUID=0
    - PGID=0
  volumes
    - /volume1/Download:/Downloads
    - /volume1/Docker/Deluge/config:/config
    - /volume1/Docker:/data
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
  ports:
    - 8112:8112
    - 8118:8118
    - 58846:58846
    - 58946:58946
  restart: unless-stopped

unfortunately the same issue remains, no access via http://localhost:8112/ and http://192.168.1.109:8112/ and the same for privoxy :8118
also no error msg, just timing out.

would be happy with any suggestion here.

Kind regards

delugevpn syslog2.pdf

2 minutes ago, spikey1973 said:

unfortunately the same issue remains, no access via http://localhost:8112/ and http://192.168.1.109:8112/ and the same for privoxy :8118
also no error msg, just timing out.

this is your issue:-

2 minutes ago, spikey1973 said:

LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.109/32

its not correct, see Q4: -https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Just about done installing my new UnRaid server and have several containers running well. The one that is tripping me up is Binhex Deluge VPN. I have everything configured correctly - NordVPN is working, files are downloading when triggered by Sonarr and Radarr but the issue is when the download finishes in Deluge.

As torrents are downloading they are going to an "incomplete folder" but once the torrent completes downloading it goes into a "queued 100%" state and the completed file stays in "incomplete" and does not move to "completed" or to the assigned folder I have for files tagged with Sonarr and Radar Labels. I can manually move the file from incomplete to the desired directory via Krusader and it is in fact complete, but something is not right that it is "queued 100%" in Deluge and just sits in "incomplete". I've searched exensively on this topic and see others have had this issue, but a solution did not emerge and I am stumped.

Some things I have tried:

-Reinstalling container and wiping app data

-Setting parameters not to seed/upload

-Ensuring folder paths are correct in the WebUI for complete files and for the Sonarr and Radarr labels

I figure it has to be something simple. Hopefully there are some ideas here. Thanks in advance.

Edited by SelfHoster
8 minutes ago, SelfHoster said:

Hello,

Just about done installing my new UnRaid server and have several containers running well. The one that is tripping me up is Binhex Deluge VPN. I have everything configured correctly - NordVPN is working, files are downloading when triggered by Sonarr and Radarr but the issue is when the download finishes in Deluge.

As torrents are downloading they are going to an "incomplete folder" but once the torrent completes downloading it goes into a "queued 100%" state and the completed file stays in "incomplete" and does not move to "completed" or to the assigned folder I have for files tagged with Sonarr and Radar Labels. I can manually move the file from incomplete to the desired directory via Krusader and it is in fact complete, but something is not right that it is "queued 100%" in Deluge and just sits in "incomplete". I've searched exensively on this topic and see others have had this issue, but a solution did not emerge and I am stumped.

-Ensuring folder paths are correct in the WebUI for complete files and for the Sonarr and Radarr labels

I figure it has to be something simple. Hopefully there are some ideas here. Thanks in advance.

it COULD be a mismatched downloads folder, see Q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

13 minutes ago, SelfHoster said:

Hello,

Do you have this option set to move completed?

image.png.41965d787e242cccf0f9cdcce5cd4212.png

3 minutes ago, SelfHoster said:

Yes, I have this option selected, as well as in the label plugin for labeled torrents to move to certain folders based on label (i.e TV for Sonarr, Movies for Radarr)

I’ve never needed special TV/Movies folders but did need to also set the proper tags in Sonarr/Radarr settings. Without the tags it was hit and miss.

hey all

as mentioned all is up and running beautifully (delugevpn)

but i am not sure about the logic behind the downloaded file locations.

these are my set volumes:

/volume1/Download:/Downloads
/volume1/Docker/Deluge/config:/config
/volume1/Docker:/data

i just can't seem to locate the downloaded files once done.. i intended them to arrive in /volume1/Download.

but it isn't there.. (location in deluge /root/Downloads)

when i relocated the downloaded files it ends up in: /volume1/Docker/Deluge/config/NEWFOLDER.

so in a different 'branch' and higher up in the folder tree, also in /volume1/Docker/Deluge/config/ there is no Downloads folder, which i would've then expected.

the thing is.. i would really like the files to end in the actual /volume1/Download folder, is this in anyway possible?

the reason why this is 'important' that the explorer in ADM is really bad.. so going up and down all the branches in the tree everytime i need to relocate files when done will take a lot of time and really is an anuisence.

any thoughts?

Kind greats.

Matthieu

9 hours ago, chesh said:

This doesn't fix your underlying problem, but there is an extension for Chrome (delugesiphon) that can work with .torrent links.  Will add them to your deluge instance by just clicking the download link for the .torrent file. I use it with my private trackers so I don't have to download the .torrent file and then upload it to Deluge.

While this was not the fix, it did help me generate a useful error in the logs. Seems like something went weird on one of my disks causing I/O locks in specific containers and even some whole shares (the downloads folder being one of them). After a reboot and some clean-up this seems to be working again, though I will need to keep an eye on the drive which is normal procedure I guess (it's one of my oldest).

Though thanks for trying and showing me that Chrome add-on, I'm totally using it!

On 11/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, Scroopy Noopers said:

That's what I'm seeing too. I have no idea where to go from here.

So, after casually cruising through Radarr and Sonarr, and seeing that, like with my web browser I have no access to deluge, I did what any other good troubleshooter does who has no idea what to do next. I started clicking buttons while saying to myself "Screw it. What's the worst thing that could happen?".

Fortunately, that led me to the "Use SSL" switch in Radarr and I clicked it, hit test and waited to see what would happen.

It connected! Well, I thought, this must mean that I should be trying to access deluge through my web browser with an https prefix, so I tried it. Lo and behold, it worked!

So, all of the prior complaints I put forth was for nought. I just had to do a little thinking with my noggin. Thank you for reading my excessively long TIFU. I hope you got a low chuckle out of it.

TL;DR: must have hit the SSL switch in deluge when I wasn't paying attention. Took me two weeks to figure it out and felt supremely dumb when I did.